Branches, Online

Awful customer service

Janet

JanetSydney Surrounds, NSW

Facilities of A Building Society not a Bank

Been with The Greater The Entrance for over 18 years and their service has declined dramatically. No looking after your local. Couldn't help me with a general banking enquiry and then I went to deposit an overseas cheque which they don't do. They don't have this service available. Don't know why they became a Bank they haven't changed at all.

Jesse B.

Jesse B.Hunter Region, NSW

They should of stayed a building society!!!!

They should of stuck with what they new i hate there service now after 10 years of being with them!!!
they changed there activation prophetical with there cards been to the same shop now 3 times trying to use my card to tap and it doesn't work! shame on them waste of my time! go with other banks or building society's...
they do not deserve your business

TopicATM Experience, Business Banking, Credit Card Application, General Transactions, Loan Application and New Account

jayjayjo

jayjayjoSouth East Queensland, QLD

No help, no technology

TopicGeneral Transactions and Loan Application

Did Not Help During Covid-19

I have been with this bank for over 10 years and have a home loan with them.
I phoned them twice for help during this covid-19 problem, they where suppose
to reduce my loan to interest only for 3 months during these terrible times to help me,
2 months later and still nothing.
There final excuse was sorry this one fell through the cracks,
Finally i gave up and told them don't bother with any help.
I will never get another loan from the greater bank in the future,
I would not recommend them to anyone, if i could give them 0 stars i would.
Be aware of these dodgy lies and practices you will get from the Greater Bank.

Mee2

Mee2

I thought the big 4 banks were bad

In ten years I have had my home loan with this institution I have always been in advance on my loan and never bothered them with anything. I called once to ask why my interest rates remained higher than anyone I knew and they managed to wrangle their way out of it by using their usual jargon. Months later I received a modest, very modest interest rate drop.
I recently approached the bank for some help, basically they flatly refused to help at all. it was like sort it out yourself. I urge anyone looking to change banking institutions NOT to bother with this one, I honestly in the long run you will regret it. I think it all changed when they became a bank rather than "the greater building society" I will do my utmost to leave this place

waza

wazaHunter Region, NSW

disapointed

Been with the bank 12 years
was way in front on my morgage payments $7,000 left on redraw after some renovations discovered some big problems with the house footings $9800 quote only $2800 short asked for an extension on my house lone $3000
( NO) use your credit card or we will lend you $10000 to $20000 for the job on a personal loan ( not a chance) I will change banks asap

TopicGeneral Transactions and Loan Application

86 400
3.6
Jay

JayDarwin, NT

They use to be compassionate now they are nasty and unhelpful.

They use to be compassionate now they are less competitive and unhelpful. I'm selling my house as I've moved interstate for a job and am renting here. Asked if I could go on interest only until it sells. They have been nasty and making me feel terrible when I am struggling until I sell my house.

Paul.

Paul.Darling Downs, QLD

Was good once, now you're nobody

I have been a customer of Greater Bank on and off for a few years. To be honest I love their mobile banking. But their customer service has gone downhill and is terrible. They don't take into consideration your personal circumstances, let alone care. Not to mention a bad attitude, Stay away, trust me.

TopicGeneral Transactions and New Account
Classoldi

ClassoldiRichmond-Tweed, NSW

HIDDEN PROBLEMS

TopicBusiness Banking
Kimberly

KimberlySouth East Queensland, QLD

DO NOT take up your Home Loan with Greater Bank!!!!

WAYNE MERTON

WAYNE MERTONIllawarra, NSW

Don't listen

After 22 years been told not account holder of my mothers deceased estate! Tried to make them understand, I was her carrier for all them years, with no luck of resolution, total no compassion!

Determined2b

Determined2bHunter Region, NSW

Fraudulent charges for facebook ads not placed. Already 30 days. They ask for extension

Tox

ToxSydney, NSW

Sneaky rate increases. Untrustworthy staff.

Been a customer in one way or another for around 28 years. I feel absolutely deceived by The Greater from misinformation regarding fees at my loan interview to sneaky rate increases without being notified.
On rate increases: Once i was told "It was published in The Australian" Who reads The Australian.
On loan application: Was told at the last minute that if i don't agree to the extra fees i will not get the loan.
Used to be good many years ago. Now no better, maybe worse, than major banks. Do not trust and make sure everything is in writing and still do not trust.

Don't you love your J.

Don't you love your J.Sydney, NSW

Best Bank in Australia

Greater Bank is by far the best bank in Australia ., best customer service , easiest to use apps , fastest to send and recieve funds ! They do not delay payments coming into or leaving your accounts which is very annoying when other banks do.

Variable Home Loan

Switched our home loan over from CBA In late Jan to early Feb 2018. Started out at 3.74% then had an increase to 3.83 around August 2018. Just because they can I guess. And, they again increased it on the 15 May 2019 to 3.93% in anticipation of this rate cut. Now they are advertising that they will cut all loans on the 11th of June 2019 the full .25%. Just like every other bank...

BEETEE123

BEETEE123Sydney, NSW

Great Rate Home Loan fixed 5 years

I did a check price against one of the ‘Big 4’ with Greater Bank and I’m glad I did. Excellent fixed term home loan rate 3.74% against 3.89%. Greater Banks LMI was 20% cheaper than the ‘Big 4’ bank (based on < 90% loan) and in my case my former bank was uninterested in matching them.

Service was exceptional from application to unconditional approval and I’m pleased that I’m paying interest to a customer owned and 100% Australian bank.

Would highly recommend anyone giving them a try, you’ll feel better for it!

BIS

BISHunter Region, NSW

Difficult staff

Scott C.

Scott C.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

The only thing great is the staff, sometimes

Not so great and that's an understatement. I couldn't increase the limit on my card and after several attempts got turned down. No matter the amount of money I've got they refused to increase the limit. I'm not sure what was that and every time I've had to supply loads of paperwork for nothing. The staff is great though and were always helpful despite my problems. Waiting times can be tricky so better be prepared to sit it out.