Greater Bank

Greater Bank

Branches and Online

See the Best Banks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Kimberly

KimberlySouth East Queensland, QLD

DO NOT take up your Home Loan with Greater Bank!!!!

WAYNE MERTON

WAYNE MERTONIllawarra, NSW

Don't listen

After 22 years been told not account holder of my mothers deceased estate! Tried to make them understand, I was her carrier for all them years, with no luck of resolution, total no compassion!

Determined2b

Determined2bHunter Region, NSW

Fraudulent charges for facebook ads not placed. Already 30 days. They ask for extension

Tox

ToxSydney, NSW

Sneaky rate increases. Untrustworthy staff.

Been a customer in one way or another for around 28 years. I feel absolutely deceived by The Greater from misinformation regarding fees at my loan interview to sneaky rate increases without being notified.
On rate increases: Once i was told "It was published in The Australian" Who reads The Australian.
On loan application: Was told at the last minute that if i don't agree to the extra fees i will not get the loan.
Used to be good many years ago. Now no better, maybe worse, than major banks. Do not trust and make sure everything is in writing and still do not trust.

Don't you love your J.

Don't you love your J.Sydney, NSW

Best Bank in Australia

Greater Bank is by far the best bank in Australia ., best customer service , easiest to use apps , fastest to send and recieve funds ! They do not delay payments coming into or leaving your accounts which is very annoying when other banks do.

Variable Home Loan

Switched our home loan over from CBA In late Jan to early Feb 2018. Started out at 3.74% then had an increase to 3.83 around August 2018. Just because they can I guess. And, they again increased it on the 15 May 2019 to 3.93% in anticipation of this rate cut. Now they are advertising that they will cut all loans on the 11th of June 2019 the full .25%. Just like every other bank...

BEETEE123

BEETEE123Sydney, NSW

Great Rate Home Loan fixed 5 years

I did a check price against one of the ‘Big 4’ with Greater Bank and I’m glad I did. Excellent fixed term home loan rate 3.74% against 3.89%. Greater Banks LMI was 20% cheaper than the ‘Big 4’ bank (based on < 90% loan) and in my case my former bank was uninterested in matching them.

Service was exceptional from application to unconditional approval and I’m pleased that I’m paying interest to a customer owned and 100% Australian bank.

Would highly recommend anyone giving them a try, you’ll feel better for it!

BIS

BISHunter Region, NSW

Difficult staff

Scott C.

Scott C.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

The only thing great is the staff, sometimes

Not so great and that's an understatement. I couldn't increase the limit on my card and after several attempts got turned down. No matter the amount of money I've got they refused to increase the limit. I'm not sure what was that and every time I've had to supply loads of paperwork for nothing. The staff is great though and were always helpful despite my problems. Waiting times can be tricky so better be prepared to sit it out.

Annie

Annie

No so great

TopicCredit Card Application, Loan Application and New Account

Ricardo and Andres

Ricardo and AndresMid North Coast, NSW

Not so great after all!!!

bjs01

bjs01Nowra

Rude Teller, Greater Bank, Nowra Branch.

Nathan S

Nathan SNewcastle

Terrible "Bank"

I joined The Greater with my home loan and other banking needs when they were a building society. I recently tried to re-negotiate a better deal with my fixed home loan expiring. Greater Bank had no interest in helping me get a better deal and still had the hide to charge a package fee for no frills products. I ended up getting a far better deal with one of the "big 4 banks". However, The Greater still "lost" the paperwork from my new financial institution which caused delays and still had the hide to charge me their package fee for another year even though I left.

Definitely don't recommend The Greater.

Lunchy

Lunchy

SNAKES!!!!!

I have had my house loan for about three years with no issue. But even after advertising there not like the big banks they still put interest rates up even though the RBA has them on hold. How do these people sleep at night just screwing over families while they complete a money grab!!! Shame on you Greater I will be changing my home loan ASAP

Getting a Mortgage so slow

Have banked with the Greater for 7 years and always found their customer service to be really good. However, when recently applying for a new mortgage everything seemed to be so slow. Despite us being pre-approved for the same amount less than a year ago and holding other loans with the bank and having a good credit history. We were frequently asked for additional documents to be submitted urgently. There seemed to be staff away on holidays, training, not in because it was Friday afternoon whenever we called to try and speed things up. Disappointing service.

bebe26

bebe26Sydney, NSW

Terrible is not the word

Don't go close to them, It says they do unsecured loan, after application, they call and talk and later say they can't do unsecured.

False misleading

I was on their site and they have live chat. So I asked about a small loan to help me move, while I am on disability. The live chat correspondent stated they do loans for people in my situation. But after a long stuff about and reducing the loan amount I originally asked for, no matter what, they weren't going to approve.

Munish Goyal

Munish GoyalHunter Region, NSW

Terrible experience

One of the trash bank in Newcastle area. Don’t worry about caring the current customers. Never never never bank with Greater.

A very stressful process

Preapproved for loan for 100000 we had 260000 deposit on a 340000 house. After contracts were exchanged Toronto branch cancelled the loan for no good reason they had mentioned previously so we have 2 days to find a new loan. We spoke with regional management instead of a loans manager and all was rectified. We have been assured all is good for the loan now. Very stressful to have exchanged contracts and be told the loan wasn't approved not an experience I will ever want to repeat.

A great bank, excellent customer service.

The staff are always very friendly. I found the refinance process simple and easy. Swapping to Greater Bank has saved me a substantial amount of money.