Greater Bank

Branches, Online (See All)
See the Best Banks in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Greater Bank

chrisHunter Region, NSW

Worst bank ever!

I have been with this bank for nearly 5 years. This bank lies to its customers, rips them off and changes their rules to suit themselves. They assure you they will get back to you but never bother to do so. My customer service experience with this bank has been horrific. I really wish I had never heard of them let alone trusted them with my money!

Greater BankGreater BankSend a private message

Hi Chris, I'm sorry to hear this is the experience you've had. We really appreciate the time you've taken to provide this feedback. If you'd like to discuss this further, please give us a call on 13 13 86. Thanks ^Maddy

chris

After nearly 3 weeks still no Response. The best they have to offer is to phone their 131386 number, be placed on hold and go through everything again. At least other banks resolve issues in a call or at the very least get back to you.

Lulu B.
Lulu B.Sydney, NSW

They hold on to OSKO Payments.

I am not a customer but a client paid my invoice via OSKO and Greater Bank in their infinite wisdom have held on to the payment. They’ve taken it out of the customers’s account but have decided that they need a minimum of 24 hours to authenticate the OSKO payment which was already authenticated by the customer paying my invoice. Absolutely ridiculous and I was say unlawful. Do they do this to everyone? Get a bit of extra interest at the customer’s expense.

Bass Mansour
Bass MansourSydney, NSW

Staff over the phone very disrespectful .. wait time too long too ..would not recommend this bank at all .

I have been with this bank for so many years and I think is time to go as they don’t show respect to their customers after so many years !!!! Shame ..

Lord Mayor
Lord Mayorjesmond, nsw, 2299

Unacceptable wait times for all online calls ! This has not improved over the last 4Months !

Im Sorry Greater Bank - Your wait Times for all online telephone inquiries
Is far from meeting the acceptable level that is expected ! I have complained a number of times
over the last 4months & The greater has failed to address the issue seriously ! GET REAL GREATER !
Take responsibility for this & employed more staff at your call centers!
This is not an isolated incident Ive rang 8 times over the last 4 months & each time i am left to
Wait 10-20mins on wait, this is absolute nonsense deal with it fast or i will leave for another bank.
Sick to death of it its not good enough !

Sara
Sara

Seriously, problems. Where is my money?

Mike
Mikesydney

Slow and ancient

Forster Greater Branch, Staff PRETEND to do a transfer of funds to another account ! - Now missing $200k - Can't check online as they have blocked the Net Bank.
Told me the transfer was done, but refused to give me a receipt !!!!

TopicGeneral Transactions

Super Funds Awards 2022!

super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Heidi
HeidiHunter Region, NSW

No more phone banking

Absolutely disgusting that they have taken away the phone banking. Not everyone has access to the internet.i have money in accounts I can't access via the internet, and can only use phone banking

Jmt
Jmt

Rubbish

Changed to the Greater two years ago worst decision I have ever made ! the lack of service is what got me at first BUT then tried to use three ATM'S in Newcastle NSW on the same day and they are all closed. Secondly closing at 1pm during covid. I emailed greater bank a week ago and have not had a reply. Do not use this bank they are a disgrace and god forbid you are ever overseas and need assistance !

Unauthorised withdrawals

We've had an ongoing issue with unauthorised withdrawals being made via Visa. One has been by STAN and the other McAfee (virus protector) we don't have an account with either. Greater Bank reimbursed one of the amounts. I've checked our account recently and McAfee has again withdrawn the same amount after the bank credited the amount. Initially we were very annoyed with Greater feeling that this breach was their responsibility however they have done what they can to rectify the problem.

Katie Morley
Katie MorleyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Do not bank with greater bank - it's a scam

I can't even authorise my card and they won't let me transfer my funds into another of my bank accounts saying my account has been frozen!!! I think I've lost my money!!!

Very dodgy set up! I'll be looking to report these people.

Corrupt organisation.

I signed up online because of Covid and being in a lockdown.. Money was transferred into the account by some customers, the i get a msg yesterday saying they froze the account, so i call up, i get told to email through Photo ID and my Medicare card, so i do.

26 hours later today they’re telling me they didn’t get it, so i sent it through again. 5 mins later i get told via email they wont accept my valid ID, they wanted me to go to a brand (we are currently in a lockdown).. seriously?

So now i have to go and chase the customers who put money into this account as now they will get a the money returned to them.

This bank needs to practise what it preaches, they are full of fraud..

Find out how Greater Bank compares to other Banks

Terrible customer service, sign up pensioners to fee laden accounts.

4-5 months, customer service/app severely lacking. $94.50 in fees in that small time period. Paywave free but other card based transaction are full of hidden fees, label everything withdrawal even using pin-based debit methods then argue that using your card to insert rather tap and go should come with a fee for every transaction, have yet to clarify if they sign up pensioners to this account intentionally. $16 a month account holding fees, if you can't meet a $2000 a month deposit, not achievable if you're a pensioner or looking for work. Apparently still owned by the customers, heavily doubting that. Deserves to be old yella'd.

Heath
HeathSouth East Queensland, QLD

Greater at scamming

Their home loan fees are massive. They also don’t listen to members complaining about legitimate issues! If you want bad service and sub standard technology than you will love this so call self declared “Greater” bank!

keeping them honest
keeping them honestHunter Region, NSW

Greater is not so great!