Greyhound Australia

Greyhound Australia

Listing monitored by Greyhound Australia

• Trip Completed Yes (14) · No (2)
  • Ease of Booking

Lawrence
LawrenceMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

From Darwin to Adelaide Using Greyhound Was Cheaper than Flying With More Leg Room. Recommended! A+

These drivers have all been to the same customer service training. None.

Trip Completed Yes
Angel
Angel

I have just completed my second Hop On, Hop Off tour of Australia with Greyhound

Two years ago, I did the Sydney to Broome journey. The experience was so good I decided to do it again.

From 9 May to 23 May, I did the Byron Bay to Sydney trip, along the way I stopped at Yamba, Grafton, Coffs Harbour and Newcastle.

With each of the journey, there were only seven passengers at most, social distancing wasn’t a problem at all.

For this journey, I took my ‘20 tricycle with me which I paid an extra $49.00 for. Whenever I get to my major destination, I get to cycle around, which was awesome.

The buses were comfortable, on time and the drivers were kind to me. Greyhounding is a good way to travel if you have no time constraints. I really recommend it.

Chris is an awesome Driver and an Entertainer

My trip from Rocky to Airlie beach on 22/5 with Chris the driver was safe, fun and relaxing. He is very connecting with all the passengers. He even asked the passengers to look out for a late passenger in the Mackay stop. Very caring!
Cracked up a few jokes to get us all laughing and I had the best start to the day!

By the way, seat 7A, the seat lever is broken and seat 2C n D, does not have a foot rest. Would be nice if some Maintenance check is done.

Ease of Booking

Korean Grounded
Korean GroundedSydney, NSW

Great bus driver

I caught a 9am Grey Hound bus on April the 18th from Toowoomba to Brisbane Airport. The bus was very comfortable and it took a direct route to the airport. The female bus driver was one of those salt-of-the-earth, big hearted people. Highly recommended.

Nick D.
Nick D.Sydney, NSW

Don’t travel interstate and use this company

We booked to use Greyhound and NSW government has advised against travel to Queensland due to a Covid-19 outbreak. Rang their customer service to cancel and they refuse to refund money paid. I advised the lady it was a pandemic related cancellation and she said “doesn’t matter” absolutely appalling service. No wonder so many people are apprehensive about travelling during Covid when these people act like gutless thieves - Brisbane is in lockdown.

sneha n.
sneha n.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very bad service

Very bad service. I Called the Customer care, they are always closed, even in their working hours too. it is really pathetic, trying to call emerging nber if you have booking, but it is automatically getting off. No email response

Amazing bus drivers

Unfortunately cause flooding I couldn’t reach my destination, but the bus drivers (Marsala and richy) have been amazing, they help me a lot, even if we had problems and they were tired after worked all the day, they took care of the passengers till they weren’t sure that everybody were good.
Thank you so much again.

hinton
hintonPerth, WA

Was comfortable and affordable for the elderly

We needed to travel from Brisbane to Hervey Bay on 22nd December 2020. We are 83 and 78 but not decrepit and did not have much luggage. Booking fairly easy after navigating the website and phoning. Pick up at the Bus Station next to Roma Street in town very simple and easy. Staff pleasant and helpful and loaded quickly. Journey without drama, comfortable seats, driver who kept strictly to the speed limits and arrival ahead of schedule. Had to cancel return as the original bus was moved to an early hour - no problem in getting the refund. Would do it again and recommend Greyhound however old you are.

Bus company from hell

Bus driver has always been great . The sercing sode of it makes you wonder if the buses are road worthy ? Left townsville . Apart from water spilling out on the passangers and an hr into the trip main door kept on opening . Lost 2 hrs travel as a bright spark from the office wanted the bus to turn around and travel back to aligator creek where we eventually after half hr waiting boarded another bus that has A/c temp of around sauna degrees . Total time wasted 3 hrs to get to work. This has happened with break downs every 5 to six weeks . To and from work. What an imbarassing bus company that once was respectable to their clients over so many years . Obviously heads need chopping from the top block first ? Cheers.

masonhambleton
masonhambletonGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worker

Nice Company to work
Loved getting out on the open road and Driving for Hours
You get to meet plenty of different people from locals to Tourists
Great Company to work for

Naomi S.
Naomi S.

Comfortable ride in the outback WA

Staff were courteous and very helpful re changing booking dates. Drivers were proficient and professional and I had a lovely peaceful and quiet trip both times Broome to Fitzroy and back. All the passengers were treated with respect and all behaved respectfully. I would certainly recommend this service and would travel on the bus again whenever possible.

Ajae
AjaeSydney, NSW

Best service

Pleasant travel Canberra to Sydney with an exceptionally good and nice coach driver Linda this morning. She was helpful, polite & informative. Reasonable price, departed on time 0630 hrs, comfortable seat and leg room.

Alex
AlexSydney, NSW

Literally crap

I was travelling to Melbourne, 8 hour coach ride. It was bad enough someone decided to defecate on the coach toilet when we were on a meal break right next to perfectly good toilets, but they didn't bother flushing! After a while, the smell became overwhelming, and the driver had done nothing. I actually had to clean up after the other passenger myself (luckily, I had enough hand sanitizer). The driver could not care less.

I have been on coaches where the driver has been very mindful to make sure people know only to use the toilet in emergencies. Well, taking a premeditated dump on a coach which was stopped at plenty of rest rooms was not a emergency.

Avoid greyhound coaches if you don't fancy cleaning up after someone else.

Ease of Booking
Trip Completed Yes

Great Customer Service

I had the best 2 weeks of travelling along the east coast of Australia with absolute support from Debra in the Cairns Greyhound location. She helped me book my spontaneous trip, and I called her multiple times during my journey to help plan the next parts. She was very kind and patient with me during the process. I was on a student budget, so I was travelling on the cheap and she ensured I got the best value for money (whimit pass). The actual busses are what you would expect from a coach service, mostly on time and the drivers were usually very funny and accommodating. I wouldn't of been able to go on this trip if it weren't for them so I am incredibly grateful!