2.4 from 2,034 reviews

See the Best Daily Deals / Group Buying Sites in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

1,139

COSTLY MISTAKE

Bought travel and accomodation via this site. After trying to book, found out on booking site their were surcharges for holiday periods that are more than the actual purchase. This is being advertised over Christmas of course you are going to think you can use it in January at least. The contact centre just says will contact you in 24 hours. Do not use this site they take your money easily and they are riddled with conditions to make refund difficult. I have learnt my lesson and am not expecting anything positive from this group. Finally what is the point of customer support if they have zero authority to make decisions.

Scammed!

Bought a groupon for a pair of thongs, size 6 one size larger than what I wear (as advised). They arrived yesterday, at least 2 sizes smaller than my size, but with a removable size 6 sticker on the soles.

Groupon A.Groupon

Dear Gaynor, sorry to hear about the product. Please share your registered email address and the voucher code/security code in an email and address it to sm.groupon.au@groupon.com and we will be in touch.

Hemant Tripathi

Hemant TripathiMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Pathetic service. Never response to any queries or problems raised to their customer care.

Groupon is the most pathetic and lethargic service I have ever faced. I purchased an offer coupon from Groupon, but I wonder when the dealer refused to accept this coupon and asked me for full payment. On complaining to Groupon Customer care, they said that they will escalate this issue to their higher team and respond to me over email. But none of them has responded to me. Such an irresponsible behaviour. I wonder if I wait for them my coupon will expire and they will keep my money into their pocket. I am finding out how to take a legal action against this fraud company GroupOn.

Groupon A.Groupon

Dear Hemant, sorry for the hassle. Please share your registered email address and the voucher code/security code in an email and address it to sm.groupon.au@groupon.com and we will be in touch.

Wati

Wati

Unreliable product quality and Unreliable refund process.

Groupon A.Groupon

Dear Wati, sorry for the hassle. Please share your registered email address and the voucher code/security code in an email and address it to sm.groupon.au@groupon.com and we will be in touch.

Samya

SamyaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Accommodation deal

Got the deal in error and contacted less than 24 hrs to cancel and told will take 7 days..that was the only money I had in Credit card and need money urgently..but no help..so stressful..and no confirmation..

Daniel

DanielGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Basically a scam

Groupon A.Groupon

Dear Daniel, sorry for the hassle. Please share your registered email address and the voucher code/security code in an email and address it to sm.groupon.au@groupon.com and we will be in touch.

Louise S

Louise SGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

My worst ever on-line purchase experience.

Groupon delivered my purchase to the wrong address. Instead of collecting the item from the wrong address and delivering it to my address, Groupon indicated, twice, I should collect the item. No consideration was given to where I lived or whether my personal situation even allowed me to collect the item. After many communications with Groupon and 3 requests to Groupon to either deliver my purchase or return my money, I had to put a request through Paypal for a refund. Unnecessarily and absolutely useless.

Boo

Boo

All good until your product stops working within warranty

My warning is for people to reconsider buying anything of the electrical/electronic nature that may break at some point down the track. When you purchase an item, you don't even know who the manufacturer is. My item broke 8 months into the 12 month warranty and they refused to do anything because of the 'length of time' I have owned the product. Let me just repeat, it is within warranty. Groupon then offered a $20 Groupon credit, which is half what was paid for the item. Eventually they took the item back. It should not have been that hard.

Amazing Gift Opportunity

I recently purchased a Voucher from Starregister.com through Groupon and couldn't be happier. Quality was excellent, order arrived well before the promised timeframe and all components of the order were available on the website to be downloaded. After reading some negative reviews of the company, I was wary I may not receive what I ordered or it would be substandard quality, but it wasn't.
Overall a great product and experience and will definitely use again.

Haylie Turner Sydney, NSW

Company from HELL, Holiday to nowhere

Anf

Anf

Don't buy

Ordered something 16 days ago and still haven't received it. Ordered something from an overseas website and that was delivered within 5 days. Never buying from this site again. Customer service just say its coming. Not helpful at all

Groupon A.Groupon

Hi there, we're sorry to hear that you haven't received your order yet. We'd like to help you further. Please email us at sm.groupon.au@groupon.com explaining your issue so that we can be in touch.

Hannah

HannahWestern Australia

Worst customer service

Groupon are the worst!!! Their customer service department is appalling. They are rude, in lack compassion and cant help with anything. Honestly please never use them. Ive been crying for a day after they wouldnt help me with a gift I accidentally put the wrong delivery address in for. Was supposed to be a tickets for my elderly grandparents and now they will never get them. Worst experience ever. Avoid avoid avoid

Collin

CollinGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very Very Poor

My daughter bought me an adventure experience which I tried to use. The supplier of the end service said I needed to bring along the piece of paper with the barcode on it to participate in the experience. I said the paperwork doesn't have a barcode anywhere (and I checked with my daughter too). The next step was to try and contact Groupon.... good luck with that. No phone number and not responding to emails.

Yvonne R.

Yvonne R.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Fantastic

I found this app about 6 months ago and couldnt be any happier ive found it, ive bought my 2 kids a months worth of swimming lessons for less that $40 a $50 booze voucher for $10 and nice dinning at a reastraunt for two for $12. I love this site.

Gerald HardacreMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Unhappy customer

We ordered and received a stick mixer set , the carton was crushed in one corner and when we opened the box the main mixing bowl was cracked from the top edge to the bottom. I have since been emailing Groupon and the only feedback I have received was offer of a $7.80 credit to be used on a future purchase. The article cost just under $50 and now is of no use to us, I have no intention to use Groupon now or in the future it has been a very disappointing and unprofessional experience with this company

Groupon A.Groupon

Dear Gerald, I can completely understand the frustration. It's never our intention to cause you any sort of inconvenience. Please email us at sm.groupon.au@groupon.com explaining your issue so that we can be in touch.

Anne G.Canberra Central 2601, ACT

Mixed bag with customer service

I have had a mix of customer service experiences but my most recent was very negative. I wanted a refund on a Groupon that I hadn't redeemed, and this is allowable within 7 days under their policy. But the customer service representative didn't seem to know their own policy (not the first time I encountered this with Groupon, but last time they did read the policy and resolve my issue).

This time they did not act in accordance with their refund policy so I asked for the issue to be referred to a manager. Surprise, surprise, radio silence. Buyer beware, make sure what you are buying is what you want and don't expect a refund even if you ask within the 7 days.

Groupon A.Groupon

Dear Anne, sorry for the hassle. Please share your registered email address and the voucher code/security code in an email and address it to sm.groupon.au@groupon.com and we will be in touch.

Anne G.

Thanks Roy, someone from Groupon just been in touch to say that they are still investigating the issue.

Thank you, Anne.

leah.riley.9822Hunter Region, NSW

Can't get massage appointment or refund

I bought a massage voucher for Iris Wellness in Belmont and they are not responding to my emails, text or voicemails. They canceled my original appointment and asked for the security code for my voucher - have I been scammed?
I want a refund from Groupon and have asked for one via the online chat but have not heard anything...

Groupon A.Groupon

Dear Leah, sorry for the hassle. Please share your registered email address and the voucher code/security code in an email and address it to sm.groupon.au@groupon.com and we will be in touch.

leah.riley.9822

I have been offered a Groupon account credit but I would prefer a money refund. Why am I not offered a money refund?

Groupon A.Groupon

Dear Leah, please reply to the email received from our support team and they should be able to help you further.

MonicaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Unpleasant experience buying

I've looked high and low for an email address to contact Groupon to request a refund for 2x vouchers I bought for car services. The shop was closed when I got there. Doesn't instil confidence in me repurchasing again through Groupon as I can see this is a common occurrence? I can't request a refund through the contact on my Groupon profile either as that email address I have on there no longer works. Seems as though they do everything to keep your cash. Bad practise.

Groupon A.Groupon

Dear Monica, we're sorry to hear this. Please email us at sm.groupon.au@groupon.com explaining your issue so that we can be in touch.

Sue

The deal i purchased was a closed businesses

I bought a 30 day gym membership for my husband and I at 'The health and fitness shed' in Woolloongabba. On purchase I was unable to contact the gym and the website was not working. I personally drove to the gym and found that it had closed down and was bought by another company.
I asked groupon for a full refund and for the deal to be removed from their website and was initially offered groupon credit instead of my money back which I refused.
I had to persist with ongoing emails to finally get a refund but they have still refused to take the deal off the website saying that the appropriate team will take necessary action for weeks now.
Really unreliable support team and groupon deals are hit and miss. Be careful

Sue

Look at how low your product rating is on this website. Maybe groupon could learn a thing or two from customer complaints

Dawn

Dawn

good experience

I have read the other reviews but I have had only good experiences with the items have bought. Don't know if that's to do with luck or checking out the seller concerned. whether its a service oran actual item

leah.riley.9822asked

Though the online chat I have for a refund as the masseuse I have tried to book into is not responding to my emails. Ive not heard anything...

Email sm.groupon.au@groupon.com

Groupon A.Groupon

Dear Leah, we're sorry for the trouble. Please reply to the email received from our support team and they should be able to help you further.

leah.riley.9822

I have received a refund now

Michelle

Michelleasked

Do Groupon ever try to order any of the personalized products? The websites are either so confusing or the codes never work. I've had 3 intelligent people try to order my products but it still won't work. Contacted the seller as well as Groupon, they keep telling me that my codes are fine but when I try they always get declined. I don't know what to do and am frustrated as they are Xmas gifts. I'm pretty sure I wasted my money.

Groupon A.Groupon

Hi Michelle, we're sorry for the trouble! We'd like to look into this further with you. Can you please send us an email at sm.groupon.au@groupon.com explaining your issue so that we can be in touch?

Anne Gattasked

I was overcharged by a Restaurant that I booked through Groupon. Manager charged for 5 glasses of wine @ $11 each which we did not order or consume. After contacting the Manager, he hung up on me. Do you do anything about this? The name of the restaurant is Remvi By The Bay Williamstown.

Groupon A.Groupon

Dear Anne, please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience caused by this. Can you please send us an email at sm.groupon.au@groupon.com explaining your issue so that we can be in touch?

Anne Gatt

I will start from the beginning. We purchased 4 Groupon vouchers for a 4 people banquet each coupon. Plus there were another 3 persons ordering off the menu. Our booking was for 12 noon . We arrived and were told we made a booking for 2pm and were not ready for us. We at no point of time booked for 2pm. I believe that Remvi had a function the night before and weren’t ready for us. We were agreeable that we would have to wait for our banquet. Although there were only another 2 couples at the restaurant, we were shoved up along a wall where half of us could not get up unless everyone along the wall moved. But my complaint is actually regarding the banquet. It offered a beer or wine with the offer. I went to pay for any extras that we had ordered and on trust I paid the account without really looking at the bill as I did not have my glasses. When I arrived home I decided to check the bill and noticed an extra 5 glasses of wine @ $11 each which we did not order or consume. After contacting the manager he was rude and made up some story that didn’t make any sense. I told him I was going to give him a bad review. I can’t say that maybe we were charged accidentally for someone else’s order, as like I said, there was only another 2 couples in the restaurant.

Groupon A.Groupon

Dear Anne, we're sorry for the trouble. Please send us an email at sm.groupon.au@groupon.com so that our Social care team can be in touch.

-Harry

Get an answer from our members and Groupon representatives