Groupon

Groupon

2.5 from 1,804 reviews

Same old same old boring suppliers

I have always been a huge supporter but have stopped purchasing anything as the suppliers are still the same ones. Hardly any new suppliers..with so much online offers around, I would have thought that some creative thinking would have been their priority to retain my loyalty

Will be unsubscribing

Wanted to order 2 of the same item just in different sizes. When I contacted customer service I was advised that I would have to process separate orders for each item pay separately and pay postage on each, cannot be combined. Ordering process needs an overhaul to make it simpler and more attractive to buyers. Because of this I won’t be even looking at Groupon again.o

Online redemption

Your Support Question for TokyoTreat
Nilima (Groupon Customer Support - International)
22 Apr, 05:28 CEST

Hi Pattharanan,

Thank you for writing back to us.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Before forwarding your concern to the Resolution Team, can you please provide us with the error page so that We can assist you further.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Nilima.

Groupon Customer Support.

Above was the conversation with customer service name Nilima regarding a refund for Tokyotreat as coupon cannot redeem now Nilima sent me an email saying that I have to redeem this voucher on desktop or labtop only not on my phone!! And this is not right !! As Groupon didn’t mention about this condition if Groupon mention this I won’t buy it as I don’t have desktop or labtop to redeem as same as I never buy anything if I have to print out a voucher to redeem!!! As I don’t have a printer!!! I ask for refund but Nilima don’t want to give it to me and ask me to find a computer ! To redeem a voucher, do I have to buy a computer for this matter?? Or I have to take time off from work to find a computer somewhere to redeem this voucher???
This is not right!!!!

This is a reply

Your Support Question for TokyoTreat
Nilima (Groupon Customer Support - International)
22 Apr, 07:02 CEST

Hi Pattharanan,

Thank you for writing back to us.

Please be advised to use a desktop or laptop to use this voucher.

As checked from our end we are able to apply the code, please find the screenshot below to verify the same.

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

L/XL, Black: One Asymmetric Draped Cardigan
Material.... awful.
Sizing.... terrible...
Quality.... disgusting.....
Will never buy any clothing of Groupon again
Material is thin and does NOT look like in the add...
Groupon needs to have a look at the stuff they advertising to sell

Daylight robbery...

This company helps Scammers steal people’s money and they get a cut from that stolen money. Please be aware people don’t lose your hard working money. Shouldn’t have given a single star.

Hello fresh

Shocking I purchased a voucher for hello fresh and it didnt say until I had purchased that you couldnt be a previous customer.they have taken my money and want give it back. Robbers

Do not buy from groupon! You will regret it!!!

Bought a doona cover set, the measurements were a different size to what was on the website so didn't fit the insert I had already bought. Then I contacted them to get a refund and was told to send the item back (which I was happy to do). They received the item and I had to contact them to ask if they had received it. I then waited a week for them to review it and got an email saying they had never had this problem with other customers so therefore they could not refund me. I then asked if I could have the doona cover set returned to me and every person I talked to dogged the question.. I now am $40 out of pocket and they have my money as well as my item. Not happy at all. Do not buy from groupon!

Ubprofessional merchant vouchers sold by groupon

Bought a voucher with young and beauty group, from rowville. Groupon take no effort resolve when merchant vacated premise on the day scheduled in and faced discrimination from merchant. Groupon was quick to reject refund despite with evidence of dishonest merchant above. Lost money and trust with groupon poor customer service and allowing such merchant.

Store LocationGroupon

Very bad service

The staff was not friendly at all, looked very grumpy, no smiles. The food wasn’t as described on the menu. We had the fried rice with chicken. The egg supposed to be sunny side up but it was well cooked when we got it and the chicken was dry. We couldn’t get the attention from the waitstaff as they were too busy and ignored us. Other meal that we ordered was ok, nothing exceptional. It’s very disappointing experience at Papparich in Fountain Gate!

Store LocationFountain Gate

Don't buy from Groupon

I bought an electric pressure cooker, it arrived with a big dent and inside the plastic wrapping has been broken. I contacted them by online chat and phone, but no one can really make the decision what can I do, they then sent me an email asking me to send it back at their free connecting points which are hundreds of kilometers from where I live. After wasting a day being pushed around, there is no result, what a waste of time and money. Don't buy from Groupon, there is no real service just call centers to push you around.

Store LocationGroupon

Do not gift vouchers

Received a gift voucher and tried to book which the Groupon tool booked successfully. However, due to something coming up I need to change to another time the same day almost a month from now. The link in the reservation e-mail does not work. Groupon advised contacting merchant who rightly confirmed they do not even have the booking so how would they change it? Groupon chat says to get the gifting person to call as the gifters privacy is compromised by accessing their record. So why gift if gifter needs to get involved? Seems more like the system does not have the ability to change but staff are unable to say so and find excuses.

Store LocationGift

Not impressed!!

Recently bought a quilt cover set, on inspection realised the quilt cover set wasn’t the one I purchased. They gave me no opportunity to exchange, so I won’t be using Groupon again.

Product arrived and looks obviously Pre-used with missing bits

Product arrived and looks obviously Pre-used with missing bits, contacted Groupon and was advised they will send a reply paid ticket so as I can send back for a replacement. Asked for it a second time, Still waiting for email with details. This is my first purchase, never again..

Shocking Experience

Dont think that if you have a booking through a restaurant online via the Groupon app that you can even use the voucher at the restaurant. Buyers beware the vouchers wont be accepted and you will be expected to pay your restaurant bill in full so you will be double out of pocket. 0 star rating for this company!!

Store LocationIndian Melfi Brisbane

Good but could be better

There’s an ok range of coupons “Groupon’s” to purchase however I believe there could be a wider range of activities / deals for restaurants without such detailed and limitations within the fine print. I also wish you could make a list of shortlisted Groupon’s to save to your account without purchase.

Hard to get real service

I bought an electric pressure cooker from Groupon which has a big dent on it, and the inside plastic wrapping was broken. I chat with them through online chat and phone, but no one can make decisions. I got an email saying that I can send it back free to their collecting points which are hundreds of killow meters from where I live. I contacted them again, but they keep saying that I have to wait for emails. Then I realized that they don't have real service, only some call centers to push you around. Bad product, bad service, the best way is not buying from them.
Update:
After 8 days of my contact with the Groupon, it refunded the full amount of my payment.

Communication around Refunds confusing

My husband could not find a suitable date to use his voucher before it expired, and via Chat was told that a refund is no problem. I contacted them because I purchased the voucher but in contrast my Chat partner made it impossible to organise a refund. Is this a scam?

Be careful! They mislead as the business didn't exist. We brought bday gift dinner voucher interstate ...

17th March 2019 - purchased mum vegetarian dinner voucher for her birthday

21st March 2019 - mum contacted she went to address and no place existed. She tried calling Restaurant number several times prior to driving there but no answer.

21st March 2019 - I called customer service to ask for a refund. Advised it'll be investigated and take 7-10 days to get refund. A call will be given.

25th March 2019 - Email from groupon to reply within 24hrs to receive the refund. (just saw the email 27th Marth 2019). No mention of an email to look out for.
28th March (today) - no refund or news to date! Shocking!

Thanks.

Great team. Refunded with no hassles when I clicked the wrong date. Thanks again. Did need to ask for refund rather than credit but happy to do so. Thanks jo

Excellent customer service

I recently contacted customer service regarding a voucher I had purchased. I spoke with Jazhly Jamez N. who was professional, helpful and helped with my query very promptly as promised. I am very happy with the level of support I received and highly recommend Groupon and their support team.