Guardian Pet Insurance

• <1 week (2)
    • 1-2 weeks (5)
    • 2-4 weeks (1)
    • 1-2 months (2)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (8) · No (2)
leebar
leebarSydney Surrounds, NSW

Through and fair

Our pet insurance policies are important to us. The claim process often take a a long time but the returns are fair and reflect the policy clearly. I would love the company to move to EFT returns rather than cheques, but aside from this we are happy customers.

Chrissie
ChrissiePerth, WA

Impressed

I changed my dogs pet insurance last year as I had terrible service from previous insurer. My dog was hospitalised and i made my first claim with Guardian which was quite a substantial claim. it was processed and reimbursed within a week. Super impressed and would highly recommend.

Bec C.
Bec C.Sydney, NSW

Love Guardian so quick, great service and easy to use

Amazing product. We have had guardian pet insurance for our 3 year old cavoodle since day 1. Amazing service, quick returns and friendly staff. Love it ! Highly recommend to anyone.

Bill S
Bill SGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not what I expected

Lodged two claims, second was settled quickly, the first claim needed further information, but I was not notified. Sent information requested, and agin more info required but was not notified. Claim was settled after 6 weeks, and still waiting on breakdown on payment received, which I was told would be sent. More communication is needed.

Lola
LolaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Fantastic!

I’ve had this insurance since my dog was 1 (now 9) I have never had a need for too many claims until now, but with my dog having a few issues in his old age, Guardian has been fantastic in assessing and paying my claims. Most claims take about a week to pay out, and I have not had to dispute anything. The policy is $50 a fortnight which I feel is a small price to pay for my pup to live a happy life and hopefully stay with us for a long time to come!

Customer RelationsGuardian Insurance

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending

Exactly what I was looking for

Great service to set up my policy for my new puppy. I’ve been with Guardian for 3 years and highly recommended them. Easy to claim. Great customer service. Friendly knowledgeable staff.

Ellie C.
Ellie C.

Super easy to deal with

Super easy to make a claim and they get to you back very fast! Money was paid into my account fast and it was easy to understand the breakdown email they supplied for my claim

Hi Ellie,
It's fantastic to hear that lodging your claim was met with ease and processed quickly. Thank you for taking the time to share your great review with us, we really appreciate it.

Maria
MariaSydney, NSW

This I am happy with sound cool

It was easy to set up I am a first time customer and the consultant was very helpful by explaining what I did not understand quite well. So far I am happy

Sheldo
Sheldo

Confidence

Excellent service and ease of setting up the policy,good value for money. Clarity in all details and excellent communication of the policy details and the charges involved. Great experience for this sale.

Jax
Jax

Truely wonderful service.

The pet insurance is perfect. My claim for my dog were resolved very quickly with no problems. I would highly recommend Guardian to every I know. Thank you for the excellent service.

Hi Jax,
I'm delighted to hear of the wonderful service that you received and that your claim for your dog was resolved quickly. Thank you for taking the time to share your great review with us, we really appreciate it.
Alisa

EXCLUSIONS ARE VERY ANNOYING!

I have been paying premiums for my dog since he was a puppy (over 6 years means over $5,000, with minor claims amounting to maybe $800)... now he is starting to get older, the premiums are increasing, and so are the exclusions! I am not happy that my dog's quality of life will either suffer, or my expenses will increase more than two-fold. Unfortunately, if I switch to another insurance company now, I am likely to be hit with higher premiums and less cover due to conditions that have now been diagnosed... GRRRRR!

TinaSouth West, WA

Non pre existing Claim being refused

Tina

I expect a phone call for Guardians lack of duty of care! Poor poor service & absolute crap company

Hi Tina,
Thank you for providing your details. As mentioned I have escalated this to the relevant team that will review and reach out to you to discuss further.

Unreasonable requests for information

I was with guardian for 6 months. During that time I made 1 claim which wasn't paid even though I followed the consultants request to the letter. A month after the submission of the claim I received a written request for further documents including the vets consultation notes,-all of them. And details of every single visit and test. All for the sake of 50 back when I pay 60 a month. RIDICULOUS

Benedict G.Guardian Insurance

Hi Pauline, we're sorry that there has been a delay. Please send us a private message with your policy and contact details and we will forward them to a Claims Manager who will be in touch with you shortly.

Insurance increased by 18.6% because my dog turned 4

My policy was increased by 18.6% from the previous year. When I called to question it they advised me it was due to my dog turning 4 (How ridiculous). They then went on to tell me that if I move to a different insurance company they will seek payment for the whole year (one month into new policy) as I had made a claim for a general check up already. This is the first review I have ever done on anything but felt compelled due to the laughable feedback I was given. I understand increases on an annual basis occur, but 18.6%.......give me a spell.

Greenstone F.Guardian Insurance

Excellent job

A really nice service from you guys. The customer service was really helpful. Casper had a skin problem. I took him to the vet and the bill was around 200. On Friday I just got 80 % transfered to my account. I have to admit that I was really scared reading the reviews. But anyway i was very satisfied with your service and the process didnt take long at all.