Joy

JoyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

They dont pay out on claims

The first claim I made for a eye ball laceration they knocked back saying in was an illness not accidental. I even had to get my vet to write a letter saying that it was an accident not injury. The PDS even said it was covered under Accidental Injury on page 29 and even then they knocked back a vet follow up visit. I have spent so much time and energy calling and emailing them, without full claim entitlements.
They outsource their claims department to overseas who do not understand and lack customer service skills.
I would go elsewhere.

Claim ApprovedNo

Suze

SuzePerth, WA

When you want to do everything for your dog

A little pricey but offers accident and injury for dogs above the age of 9 years and seems to cover more than most. Have only just taken the insurance and it was easy to set up. No claim.

Katie

KatieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very happy

The lady I spoke to was great and very friendly and answered all of my questions and provided me the best information. I like how covered my boy is now.

Heather

HeatherPerth, WA

Perfect

Happy with the set up .A new customer ,was easy to setup have not made a claim yet will wait and see how long it takes to resolve a claim

Anonymous

AnonymousSydney, NSW

Good protection!

Easy to set up online. Good value. Canstar rating internet reviews were helpful in my decision making. A follow up phone call answered my question. Hopefully I don’t need to use it.

Good Sales

Lady that sold me the policy was friendly and helpful with all my questions. Now let's see if the policy holds up to it :)
We closed an insurance policy for my 17y old Jack Russell

Hi Kai,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am pleased to hear that we can provide you with suitable cover and of the great service that you have received.

Amy B

Amy BSouthwest, VIC

Amazing Customer Service!

Thank you to the extremely helpful staff member I spoke to on the phone to set up my new policy, 10/10! Would definitely recommend Guide Dogs Pet Insurance to my family and friends.

Hi Amy,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review and recommendation with us. I am thrilled to hear of the great service that you have received and that we can provide you with suitable cover.

Sue

Sue

Good Cover, Easy Claim Service

First claim and came through within a week. No fuss, no problems, just paid straight into the account. The online process was easy to follow and whilst I am hoping I don't need it too often, its really good to know its there. Thanks.

Claim Resolution Time<1 week

Hi Sue,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am pleased to hear of the ease in which you were able to submit your claim and that we could assist in providing support for your pet, when needed.

Matt

MattVictoria

Easy application process

Just signed up, easy application process, good value for money. Have not lodged a claim yet. Just started with the guide dogs insurance. First time in applying for pet insurance.

Hi Matt,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am delighted to hear of the ease in which you were able to set up your policy and that we can provide you with an affordable option.

MichelleRichmond-Tweed, NSW

An absolute must when you have a dog

The emergency pet hospital put the claim through directly to Guide dogs. My claim was paid within 7 days, no questions asked, money straight into my bank account. Thank you so much.

Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Michelle

Thank you. Yes my boy is much better now. I really appreciate how easy and fast it was to get my claim seen to. I will tell everyone I know about ur company.

Jacko Wacko

Jacko WackoGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Top notch cover

The question regarding their service comes when you need to make a claim when my dog had a minor injury. They were prompt and eager to help and the process was so easy. The vet signed the forms and once approved, the vet got their money and the surgery was done with success.

Stephanie T.

Stephanie T.Western Australia

Very, very happy my dogs are insured with Guide Dogs Pet Insurance!

Number of Pets2 pets
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks

Ron

RonSydney Surrounds, NSW

Cover and ease of getting

Got the required cover for our new dog affordable on a pension. Have never had insurance for other pets due to the expense.
Obtaining insurance was easy and straightforward.
Website was easy to use.

Sarah

SarahSouth East Queensland, QLD

Absolutely fabulous

Excellent customer service ensuring all my needs were met for all of my pets and ease of communication made signing up a pain free experience. Would definitely recommend without hesitation

Number of Pets3 pets
Customer RelationsGuide Dogs Pet Insurance

Great value for the benefit amounts.

Out of all the insurance, guide dogs Australia insurance is great value for money. Has higher rebates and lower premiums than other insurer's.
Also cruciate ligament amount is higher than other insurance companies.

Hi Evan,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, we really appreciate it. I am thrilled to hear that we can provide you with an affordable option that is suitable to your needs.

Karim

KarimSydney, NSW

Juste signed up

Just signed up. Customer service was great and price is better than what I found put there. I hope they'll deliver as their insurance promises and have a quick and easy claims process. We shall see... ...

Hi Karim,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am delighted to hear of the great service that you have received from our team and that we can provide you with cover that is suitable to your needs.

Dawn

DawnSouth East Queensland, QLD

Only just signed up

Only just signed up. Best pet insurance quote I found when researching hence why I chose it. New customer so time will tell how good they are Still waiting for my welcome pack and policy documents though

Rochelle

RochelleGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Amazing choices

Great value for what you get and it’s our first time insurance for our puppy and we are very glad to have joined and it’s a bonus to get first month free

Hi Rochelle,
What a wonderful review. We are thrilled to provide you with cover suitable to your puppy’s needs and pleased that you liked the choices available when signing up. Welcome the Guide Dog family.
Sharon

lauraGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Disgusting service, six weeks later and still no claim processed despite promises

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim ApprovedNo

Hi Laura,
We endeavour to provide excellent customer service and I’m sorry to hear that this hasn’t occurred on your recent contact with us. I have sent you a private message in regards to this.

laura

you asked for my policy number which is clearly stated here on the review. thanks

laura

https://www.fos.org.au/ this is my next step

Don

DonHunter Region, NSW

Peace of mind

I was told to review Guide Dogs Insurance before making a decision on pet insurance. I am pleased I did. Your staff member was excellent and very informative. Good value for money and peace of mind.

Samantha M.

Samantha M.asked

Hi
I am just wondering if Guide dogs pet insurance cover for Common Breed/ health issues like:
Anaemia, Spinal Disease,Cranial cruciate ligament (CCL), Cranial cruciate ligament (CCL), Ingestion of foreign body and After hour consultation.

Sam

Hi Sam,
Thank you for reaching out to us with your query. Our website contains a breakdown as to what is covered within our plans and what is excluded; https://www.guidedogsinsurance.org.au/dog-insurance. Included within this breakdown, we do cover after-hours emergency visits and cruciate ligament conditions after a 6 month waiting period, which may be waived on application. If you would like to discuss further, I can arrange for one of our team members to reach out to assist. I have sent you a private message to obtain contact details.

Get an answer from our members and Guide Dogs Pet Insurance representatives

Accidental Injury CoverIncludedIncludedIncluded
Illness CoverIncludedIncludedIncluded
Routine Care CoverOptional Extra
Tick Paralysis$2,000$2,000$1,500
Emergency Boarding FeesCovered when you, the sole carer, are hospitalised for more than four dayCovered when you, the sole carer, are hospitalised for more than four dayCovered when you, the sole carer, are hospitalised for more than four day
Lifetime Cover IncludedIncludedIncluded
Cooling Off Period30 Days30 Days30 Days
Consultation Fees$300$300$300
Cruciate Ligament Conditions$3,200 (6 month waiting period)$3,200 (6 month waiting period)$3,200 (6 month waiting period)
Waiting Period for Illness 30 Days30 Days30 Days