Verifiedguidedogsinsurance.org.au

• 1-2 weeks (60)
  • 2-4 weeks (34)
  • 1-2 months (21)
  • 3+ months (10)
Claim ApprovedYes (183) · No (29)
See the Best Pet Insurance in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Guide Dogs Pet Insurance422 reviews
Mike
Mike2 posts

Don't waste your time

I have had 2 of my dogs insured with them for over 3 years. one is an ex breeding dog from guide dogs and the other is a retired guide dog.
When i ran into financial difficulty i reached out to them as they suggested and was told that I needed to over $800 up front or the policies would be cancelled.
Guide Dog pet insurance was aware that my dogs are actually ex guide dogs ( the NFP that this fund is "supposed to be assisting"
Despite appealing to them again they cancelled my policies for my 12 and 13 year old ex guide dogs! Show details
Dee
Dee5 posts
  Verified Comprehensive Care

Just joined

It is too soon to give an accurate review as I have just taken out cover. However the process of joining was easy and smooth. So that is a good start. Show details ·  1
BTN
BTN
  Premium Care

Excellent service when purchasing the cover for cats

Excellent service when purchasing the cover for my new cats. Show details ·  1
Maria H.
Maria H.

Great Customer Service

I was assisted by Migs from Customer services . He was ever so helpful in answering & sorting out all my questions . Nothing was too difficult for him . He was very polite . Many thanks Migs Show details ·  1
Stones
Stones2 posts
  Premium Care

Amazing service provided by this insurance compsany

I have had my policies for 5 years and during this time I have had to make 5 claims on one policy and 3 on the other
I have made the claims online either by myself or the vat practice has done it on my behalf.
All the claims have been paid out for what is covered under the policy and the money has been put into my account within a couple of days of the claim being finalised
The policy was easy to set up in the first place and it really has been good value for money.
The insurance company send out details and the breakdown of the claim.
I am really satisfied with the policies that I have and would highly recommend this company Show details ·  1
Angela
Angela4 posts
  Premium Care

Quick turn around, highly recommend

Have the top policy, have had multiple injuries, consults and illnesses covered. Never an issue, claims processed within a week. Phone wait can be long but they are always helpful Show details ·  1
JanK
JanKNSWSydney, NSW2 posts
  Premium Care

Quick claim times and has helped improved the quality of our babies' lives so much!

Yes - it's good value. I bought the policy through iSelect and it was straightforward to set up. Claims are usually processed within a couple of working days. I've been with Guide Dogs Pet Insurance since we got our babies - so pretty much most of their lives. Show details ·  1
Susan
SusanVICGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC3 posts
  Basic Care

Choosing the right pet insurer as once you do, previous diagnoses are not recognised by many other agents

Claims are easily made by uploading pdf's of proof through their app. Recognition of the application is made strait away. Costs teinbursted are credited to your bank account within 24 hours, alternatively a Representative would of contacted via email explaining the hold up or issue. Show details ·  1
J. King
J. KingNSWSydney, NSW2 posts

excellent pet insurance

Have been with guide dogs for several years and have always been very satisfied with them. They never try to sqiurm out of paying legitimate claims like so many other funds do and always pay very quickly. The staff are always excellent to deal with and very helpful. Show details ·  1
Contact.firstname
Contact.firstnameNSWSydney, NSW
  Basic Care

so bad, hard to lodge, hard to claim, moved most pets to knose insurance

not good value, hard to claim, I moved all my other pets to knose insurance as this ones too old to move, been to the ombudsman once with our cat... can you believe a cat with 7 ticks going to emergency is not considered an emergency. read the fine print, I wish I had. Show details
Libby
LibbyVICGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC2 posts

No fuss, easy to access

I have been with another provider of this product and felt I needed to change it up. I like the fact that I am in someway also supporting the Guide Dogs through telling people about the amazing product and service I have received. Lots of communication, and a very quick turn around on claims. Show details ·  1
A Larkin
A LarkinNSWSydney, NSW

Very happy customer!

We have a 3-year-old French Bulldog and pay for comprehensive care. In the short time we've had him we've had to make several claims (he has allergies, needed BOAS surgery, hurt his dew claw, etc) and each time Guide Dogs Pet Insurance has come through! They have been great to work with. Would absolutely recommend them to anyone. Show details ·  1
Pipi White
Pipi WhiteWAPerth, WA2 posts

Amazing!!

From day one it has been simple to set up our policy and use. It is easy and have always found the staff friendly to deal with and extremely helpful. Show details ·  1
Nano M.
Nano M.NSWSydney, NSW

Couldn’t be happier with GDPI

We have had both our beagles insured with GDPI since 2018.
Luckily, we don’t often need to claim vet expenses our insurance. However, when we have needed to, we have always received fantastic service and prompt assistance with claims.
We are very happy indeed with GDPI. Show details ·  1
Aimee.K
Aimee.K
  Comprehensive Care

Awesome insurance company. Very reliable!

Awesome service, really fast turn around for claims, no hassle or questions asked!

We were in emergency on the Friday and by the following week the money was returned to our account. Fantastic! Show details ·  1

Dee
Dee · Guide Dogs Pet Insurance

What is the annual limit for routine care optional cover?

Samantha M.
Samantha M. · Guide Dogs Pet Insurance

Hi
I am just wondering if Guide dogs pet insurance cover for Common Breed/ health issues like:
Anaemia, Spinal Disease,Cranial cruciate ligament (CCL), Cranial cruciate ligament (CCL), Ingestion of foreign body and After hour consultation.

Sam

Minimum Pet Age 8 weeks8 weeks469 weeks
Illness CoverIncludedIncludedIncluded
Routine Care CoverOptional ExtraNot IncludedNot Included
Tick Paralysis $2,000 yearly$2,000 yearly$1,500 yearly
Emergency Boarding Fees $1,200 - Emergency Boarding (up to the sub-limit) if you're hospitalised for one or more consecutive days or require emergency accommodation due to family violence.$1,000 - Emergency Boarding (up to the sub-limit) if you're hospitalised for one or more consecutive days or require emergency accommodation due to family violence.$500 - Emergency Boarding (up to the sub-limit) if you're hospitalised for one or more consecutive days or require emergency accommodation due to family violence.
Lifetime Cover IncludedIncludedIncluded
Cooling Off Period 30 Days30 Days30 Days
Consultation Fees$300$300$300
Cruciate Ligament Conditions $3,200 (waiting period is 6 months and may waived on application)$3,200 (waiting period is 6 months and may waived on application)$3,200 (waiting period is 6 months and may waived on application)
Waiting Period for Illness 30 Days30 Days30 Days
Discounts / Offers10% Multi-pet Discount10% Multi-pet Discount10% Multi-pet Discount
Accidental Injury Cover IncludedIncludedIncluded