Glad to have pet insurance

I found it was easy to claim. You get an acknowledgement after lodgment and next thing you know you are reimbursed as per your policy. Glad I had it when our Pip needed an operation in her first 12 months. You then get letters explaining what was covered and what wasn't. I think this could be done by email rather than post.

Claim DateAugust 2019

Hi Clare,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am pleased to hear of the ease in which you were able to submit your claims and that you felt fully informed with the status of your claim.

Nicola

NicolaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not overly happy

I feel its overpriced for our two dogs. Increased premium massively since last year. Good to pay out claims. Not great on phone when I queried the increased premium. I will probably cancel soon

Number of Pets2 pets
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateNovember 2019
Trace C

Trace C

Easy, fair, peace of mind

Easy to lodge (our vet receptionist does it for us!) and prompt payment. Doug has had a fairly healthy first 12 months of his life, but it's great to know that when little things do go wrong (like he develops a limp and needs an x-ray) we don't have to hesitate based on cost.

Claim Resolution Time<1 week
leisa.guley

leisa.guleySouthwest, VIC

Great Service

This policy is great value, my vet lodged our claim, which was paid really quickly. If you have any queries the staff over the phone are very helpful and the bonus is that we are supporting guide dogs.

Number of Pets2 pets
Pet Type(s) InsuredCat and Dog

complicated slow and unhappy

It seems a culture of sitting on a claim then finally send a letter in the post to say we need more information to process claim is acceptable. It's not.
No breakdown of claims when finally settled is very frustrating.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Warren Meyers
Warren Meyers

I would like to discuss this as well however Im heading OS tonight for work back second week December can we prepare a time then?

Cesira

CesiraAustralian Capital Territory

It has been easy to lodge claims as I can do this through my vet. It would be good for vaccines to also be covered given its the biggest expense.

Kerry

KerryHobart, TAS

Product Review

The policy is good value and set up was easy as it occurred over the phone.
Claims are processed quite quickly once lodged.
We have been insured for nearly two years and have not had any issues.

Ray

RaySouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst customer service experience I ever had.

claim took so long to resolve I still cant get a definite answer.charged for my insurance 5 times even after I sent death certificate. Still waiting for claim , I had to follow up on my claim calling back and speaking to 4 different people that ever got back to me even after promising me they will .

Claim ApprovedNo

Hi Ray,
I am sorry to hear about the delays with your claim and I would like the opportunity to look into this further for you. I have sent you a private message requesting some additional information to assist with this.
Sharon

Quick processing.

Super quick processing. Submitted it through the online portal and had a processed within about two days. Will definitely be recommending to other friends. Great experience and will be back

Chris

ChrisSouth East Queensland, QLD

Went to review and buy on line but got a polite but pushy sales follow up call

Happy with the product offering and pricing compared to others, plus prefer to support Guide Dogs. Was a bit disappointed by a unrequested call after just filling in info online to get a quote, the phone call was very polite but still with pushy hard sell tactics being used.

Debra

Debra

Great product

Claim was actioned fairly quick
Was very happy with the amount refunded
Policy is well worth having and good to know some of the funds are going to a good cause
However I would prefer direct debit back into my account rather than a cheque

Justine

JustineRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Went to another company for a reason

Call centre representative have no idea, they dont return calls
Claims dont get done unless you continually call
Premium more than other companies for less inclusions. Not happy so went with another

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months

Hi Justine,
We endeavour to provide excellent customer service and I am sorry to hear that this has not occurred on your recent contact with us. I have sent you a private message in regards to this.

Customer service perfection

Felix was super helpful and called me back when he said he was going to, was joyful on the phone and very relatable. Amazing at his job! Well done Felix!

Hi Jessica,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am delighted to hear of the great service that you have received from Felix and I will pass your kind words onto him and his team.

Robyn

RobynPerth, WA

Easy andnon pushy

I wanted to support the guidedogs and found the switch to their insurance easy. Oz was very knowledgeable and answered any questions I had. I had reviewed them first and found the pricing very reasonable.

Hi Robyn,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am delighted to hear of the ease in which you were able to set up your policy and of the great service that you have received from our team.

Shayne

ShayneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Customer is pretty good and claims went through with no dramas at all. I'm happy to be a customer.

Setup of the policy was easy enough. A slight technical issue with an automated email generation post setup but this was quickly resolved with a customer service phone call.
Had no issues making a claim. It was a simple process to upload relevant documents and the claim was approved in a reasonable amount of time.
Thank you for making your service pain free and simple enough to use.

Jenni

JenniGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not a good start

I sent in a form completed by my puppies vet regarding her knee joints to qualify for a waiver should she require joint surgery prior to having pet insurance for 6 months. I sent the form in the post within 14 days of the examination but received a letter to say the waiver form was not accepted as they received the form 5 business days after I sent it and to reapply I would need to visit the vet to complete the examination again, at my own cost. There is nothing wrong with my puppies joints BUT for a first experience with Guide Dog Pet Insurance ( Hollard underwriters) it was very disappointing how rigid they were.

Hi Jenni,
I am sorry to hear about your experience. I would like the opportunity to look into this further for you and I have sent you a private message requesting some additional information.
Sharon

Haley was a great help.

Not able to provide a review of the insurance due to not using it yet. This survey is a bit odd due to receiving these questions the first day after signing up.

Hi Adric,
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I am pleased to hear Haley was able to assist with setting up your policy.

Karlton

KarltonSydney, NSW

Good value package

Pleasant customer representative, very informative and helpful.
Presented various options for cover and explained the options.
Clarified all the questions satisfactorily. Talked about various payment options and allowed me to select the best one.

Hi Karlton,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am delighted to hear of the great service that you received from our team and that you felt fully informed when choosing Guide Dogs pet insurance.
Jessica

Policy set up was a breeze, proof is in the pudding when making a claim.

As a newby to pet insurance setting up a policy was easy, the call centre assistant was able to explain the policy in laymen's terms. I felt the premiums were very competitive.

Margit

MargitMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Easy process

The policy covered what I need for my dog being over 9 years old.
It was very easy to set up the policy on line.
A hassle free and easy, efficient process.