Listing monitored by Guide Dogs Pet Insurance

• 1-2 weeks (42)
    • 2-4 weeks (32)
    • 1-2 months (20)
    • 3+ months (10)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (136) · No (28)

Mimi
Mimi

Very good

Value, claim handled quickly, been with the company 2yrs easy to claim, just get the vet clinic to submit the account and within about a week receive a letter saying it is being processed.

Dianne E
Dianne ESydney Surrounds, NSW

Total rip-off

I’ve paid this policy for years and have never made a claim. I took my pet to the vet and had a couple of things checked out while he was there. They charged me my excess for each “condition” as they called it, even though everything was done and checked in one visit. Typical insurance company, I had thought that they would be decent considering they’re connected to The Guide Dogs but no, just another money hungry insurance company.

Jonk18
Jonk18South East Queensland, QLD

Amazing!

I am overall very happy with Guide dogs. My only complaint is that they sent me an email regarding my claim and it went into junk. I feel like I should have been called as well. But once that was out of the way I had the money in my account the next day.

Karen
Karen

Wishing Human insurance was this good!

Great hassle free claiming with incredibly quick refunds. Shelby has 6 weekly injections for allegies and claims have always been paid within 2 days. We've had the insurance since she was 8 weeks old and couldn't be happier.

Hi Karen,
Thank you for sharing your review with us, it is great to hear of the satisfaction you have received through your claim. We appreciate you sharing your great review with us and for the kind words you have provided.

Ashley Smith
Ashley SmithMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

This is excellent

Wouldn’t know what to do if my Assistance Dog was hurt or injured and need urgent vet surgery. Having this cover is value for $$$ and easy to set up. You wouldn’t not have private health insurance for yourself or children so why not your fur kids.

Hi Ashley,
We are delighted to know that you have found value in your cover and that setting up your policy was met with ease. We would like to thank you for providing us with such a review and for sharing your kind words with us.
Scott

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
AJ P.
AJ P.Perth, WA

Old dog insurance

We arrived back in Australia in Jan 2020, our beagle was 9. We took out insurance with Guide Dogs as one of the few insurers who would cover an old dog. Unfortunately, our lovely hound was diagnosed with leukaemia 4 months later. Guid dogs were fantastic, after seeing her previous vet notes (from 4 different countries in different languages) they began covering her Chemo. Fortunately the chemo worked and suppressed her leukaemia enough for her to have another year with us before she got ill again with kidney failure. Guide dogs were there again supporting and did so even with our final vet visit. Everyone was very sympathetic when we had to say goodbye to her. I would highly recommend.

Shocking Service

Your company gave me the third degree about my claim, asking for all my dogs previous records, he had a medical with my vet before I joined you 2 years ago and you already had that information i had provided, and yes you requested it again, and then did not pay for his meds the most expensive, make it easier.

Rennie C.
Rennie C.

Very efficient process and lots of transparency provided.

Claims for my dog's vet visits are transferred electronically and I am always provided prompt notification that the claim is being worked on. All very timely and efficient! The review process is fair and it's also possible to look on the website on the status of claims. They are fair when it comes to assessing claims and there's not too much of 'back and forth' on claims.

Marina Wood
Marina WoodMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Insurance claim

Claim went through without a hitch no pressure easy to submit quick result. Worth having the pet insurance knowing my dog will be well looked after as i won't have to worry about finances so much.

Kim
KimSydney Surrounds, NSW

Quick and simple refund process

I put a simple claim in online and the response from Guide dog pet insurance was quick wi the the refund being deposited into our account within a few days. Very happy with our plan.

Super easy and helpful!

Claim came through very quickly and the team were very helpful! I have only been with the guide dog pet insurance for a couple of months. It has already been worth it. Many Thanks

Sharon
SharonSydney, NSW

good product and essential to have if you have pets

whilst it may seem expensive , you must take into consideration the cost of vet bills, and you will get back a fair bit of the vet bill account because you were smart enough to get pet insurance thru Guide Dogs.
I have had to lodge claims and the claim process has been very easy with a quick turnaround.
I insured our dog Jake when he was 8 weeks old so we have been with Guide Dogs now for 2 years.

Sigale
SigaleGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great product

I'm new to this, as we haven't taken out pet insurance before. The price is very competitive, and your consultant Tash was lovely to deal with, very knowledgeable and answered all my questions.

Customer RelationsGuide Dogs Pet Insurance

Perfect cover for my fur kids

I’ve had comprehensive cover on my 2 labradors for about 2 years now. We’ve had multiple claims and guide dogs pet insurance has always been great to deal with. Easy application and quick responses

Terrible so far

I have been declined twice. Once having to go and get further details from vet when it was nothing to do with what you declined me on was again ridiculous.( After another letter from my vet, you approved one claim of $100). My first claim was declined as apparently I was 2 days out from being covered on a joint issue. Due my honesty I had a $5000 bill.
So far my experience has been very ordinary.
Cathy

Hi Cathy,
I understand that one of our team members has been in touch with you to assist with your query. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any further queries in the future.

Read more reviews - page 2

Dee
Deeasked
Guide Dogs Pet Insurance

What is the annual limit for routine care optional cover?

Hi Dee,
Thank you for reaching out to us with your query. Our Routine Care option pays up to $80 per year to help with items such as health checks and vaccinations. $15 per year for heartworm test or blood screen, $15 per year for Felv/Fiv test or urinalysis as well as a $50 annual benefit for one of the following; alternative therapies, behavioural therapy, council registration fees, cremation or burial, dental illness, de-sexing, dewclaw removal, flea/tick/worm control, heartworm control, micro-chipping, obedience training, prescription diets, teeth cleaning and vaccinations or health checks.
If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to send me a private message noting your contact details and I will arrange for a member of our team to contact you.
Jessica

Samantha M.
Samantha M.asked

Hi
I am just wondering if Guide dogs pet insurance cover for Common Breed/ health issues like:
Anaemia, Spinal Disease,Cranial cruciate ligament (CCL), Cranial cruciate ligament (CCL), Ingestion of foreign body and After hour consultation.

Sam

Hi Sam,
Thank you for reaching out to us with your query. Our website contains a breakdown as to what is covered within our plans and what is excluded; https://www.guidedogsinsurance.org.au/dog-insurance. Included within this breakdown, we do cover after-hours emergency visits and cruciate ligament conditions after a 6 month waiting period, which may be waived on application. If you would like to discuss further, I can arrange for one of our team members to reach out to assist. I have sent you a private message to obtain contact details.
Jessica

Accidental Injury Cover IncludedIncludedIncluded
Illness CoverIncludedIncludedIncluded
Routine Care CoverOptional Extra
Tick Paralysis$2,000$2,000$1,500
Emergency Boarding FeesCovered when you, the sole carer, are hospitalised for more than four dayCovered when you, the sole carer, are hospitalised for more than four dayCovered when you, the sole carer, are hospitalised for more than four day
Lifetime Cover IncludedIncludedIncluded
Cooling Off Period30 Days30 Days30 Days
Consultation Fees$300$300$300
Cruciate Ligament Conditions$3,200 (6 month waiting period)$3,200 (6 month waiting period)$3,200 (6 month waiting period)
Waiting Period for Illness 30 Days30 Days30 Days