3Hairstyla HSS200

3.3
4.5
4.5
3.0
Brand Manager for HairStyla? Claim your listing.

Sasha B.Sydney, NSW3 posts

Hair keeps getting stuck in brush bristles

I have frizzy, curly, long hair. I always brush well before use to get rid of tangles. This does straighten my hair but the end result is a straight fluffy frizzy type look. I can handle that look although I wish it was a little more smooth but my hair gets stuck in the hair bristles so i dont use it anymore. It literally gets a few strands struck and pulls it out despite ensuring it is well brushed before use. For my hair type it's too much fluffy volume and snags. Not recommeneded for those that have my hair type. Would be good if you have wavy or straight hair that is fine to medium thick. This would straighten it and add volume Show details
Ellie
Ellie

good product

My hair is very thick and curly. This brush takes half the time it takes for my to straighten hair with my ghd. Of course it’s not as perfectly straight but it helps make your hair feel super healthy n silky. i recommend if you want to straighten your hair but not cause as much damage as a normal straightener and Want a quick easy tool. Show details
Elena
ElenaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC8 posts

Ok product but seems similar to other brands

Can straighten hair while combing hair. Easy to use. Feels cause less damage to hair than regular straightener. However it is still better to spray heat protection before use the product.
There is heat damage after all.
Also, the travel bag that comes with the product is bit small to fit in the straightener and the cord. Show details
Noushin
NoushinSydney, NSW11 posts
  Fair Incentive

Great and easy to use

It is great! I really l9ved using it. I bought in three months ago and have been using it everyday. It It light, easy to use and works very well on my hair. Show details
Ana
AnaPerth66 posts

Dee Emm
Dee Emm

Used about 3 times before it died

I am getting an Err message only a couple of months after I purchased it and have used it maybe 3 - 5 times all up. It has not been dropped or mishandled in any way. Unfortunately I have lost the receipt so probably can’t get a refund. Don’t waste your money!

Megan
MeganKirrawee27 posts

It’s great works well

Its very easy to use heats well- but I never get that shiny glossy finish like when my hairdresser straightens my hair !! But good for a quick straighten - I like the bag it comes with to store it in . Purchased at Myer on sale

Caryn
CarynDarwin7 posts

Did not work for me

This brush heated up quickly and was really hot - almost too hot to handle well. The results were not great on thick curly hair but would be better on normal wavy hair.

Ja2DaIza
Ja2DaIza5 posts

It's amazing

Im Am so happy with this purchase it was a gift from My daughter and she hasn't put it down.

It's so doesn't snag the hair or leave it or feeling yukky or burnt out.

It heats up so so quickly. I Dont have to Take two hours doing my thick hair and its easy to hold without burning myself

Jessica Micallef
Jessica MicallefCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC9 posts

What a time saver!

Having waves plus curls is hard. Then I tried this bad boy out! So glad I picked this up! It heats up nice and fast, I warm it up hot hot hot whilst I brush my teeth and it's good to go. I still section it off like I would with an actual straightening iron, and go over it maybe 2-3 times, depending on how well I blow dried my hair. Hair snags a little bit, not that I really feel it but I do notice it on the floor, I'm cool with it. Cleaning isn't easy, but highly recommend using a long damp rag and wipe it diagonally, picks up a lot. Would buy again!!

Jocelyn
JocelynPerth, WA8 posts

Works well

Bought this as I am lazy and don't have time to do my hair with a toddler and baby. Works OK and can generally last the whole day and keep my hair in a decent condition. However, it can take quite a few brushes to get my hair straight as I have a thick amount of hair.

Tara P
Tara PBrisbane6 posts

Wow! I wish I had found this sooner!

Wow, I only bought this last week, and it has completely blown my mind at how great it is! Has already saved me so much time each day! I really wish I had bought it sooner. My hair is quite thick, so I use it on the highest temp setting, and love how it works on my hair. I used to dread straightening my hair becuase it took so long with my older GHD. It heaps up in 30 seconds, and also has an auto switch off if you forget to leave it on. It doesn’t snag on my hair at all, as long as you brush your hair with a regular brush first. I still need to section my hair, however not as much as with my GHD. Such a time saver & does a fabulous job on my hair - love it!

Prat
PratMelbourne4 posts

Lives up my expectations

I recently purchase a hairstyla. I was scepticle to purchase less known brand sine previously only used known brand. I am fully satisfied since it heats up really fast for me. my only problem is i always accidentally pressed the button for the temperature which annoying at times but other than that everything seems fine.

Swirl
SwirlSydney4 posts

Straightens but not that effective

This product heats up quite fast and it's quite easy to use. However, it does snag on the hair and it definitely doesn't work as well as a straightening iron, especially if you have a fringe that needs straightening. I have really long and thick hair, so maybe it loses the straightness when I get to the bottom half of my hair. It might work better with shorter styles. I'm not sure if it's worth the price or if it's any better for your hair compared to straightening irons.

flymia
flymiaParadise3 posts

Didn't expect it to work so well; it did!

I am happy with the results from this product - normal hair straighteners don't work on my very thick and wavy hair but this one does. It's super easy to use, and it heats up quickly. It is very comfortable to use, it doesn't burn the hair and doesn't snag. For the price, it's a great investment.