Hankook Dynapro MT

Hankook Dynapro MT

Great tyre

Quiet for a mud on the road, and performed excellently off-road on loose rock and deep mud. Stiff sidewalls, aired down to 20 psi and they still kept their form very well

Purchased in April 2019 at JAX Tyres.

Noise Level
Tyre Mileage 200 km
Off-Roading FrequencyWeekly
Functionality
Wet Weather Handling
Dry Weather Handling

Good Muddie

Grab a set for my 80 series 33 12.5 15 mainly cause they were cheap and Jax Edgy help me out with the 5 yr old bf"s throwing the tread
found them to be a excellent Mud tyre and more them capable but surprisingly how well they ran on the open road as well only did 15k on them before i updated the truck
the question would i buy them again ???? Yep for sure

Car80 series

Wow what a surprise

I know I'm just saying what everyone else has been saying about these tyres. But WOW what a surprise. Spent most of my life buying tyres for fast race/sports cars. So I have always had the mentality of the more you spend, the better the type you're going to get. However even though the hankook's price point is very affordable (I bought it with a buy 3 get 1 free deal @ 280 a pop), the performance bl00dy awesome.

Coming from a set of General Grabbers MT, life feels so comfortable on these Hankook MTs. Will post back once i take them off road, however a mate has a set of the Hankook MTs on his landcruiser and so far they have not disappointed. Heard some guys say they have gotten 80k from a set of these running on a heavy truck like a Patrol GU.

Keep up the good work Hankook for making an awesome product at a very affordable price. Just because we love them, please don't jack up the price because we might not like them as much anymore LOL

CarNissan Patrol GU

Customer for Life!

We were Mickey Thompson through and through until a trip to Cape York saw the side walls bust open on 3 out of 4 new tyres and Mickey Thompson in Cairns didn't want to know us.
So for our trip to Cape York last year we looked long and hard and the general consensus from blokes at work were go the Hankook Dynapro ATMs. Good meat on the sidewall but not too much to be noisy and they last.
So we put them to the test. They've been to Cape York and back and 12 months later they're still as good as new.
Yep. I'm a fan!!! Put them on both of our Hiluxes now.

Car2013 Toyota Hilux

Not all made in China!

Just fitted a set to my elderly but hardworking TF Rodeo. First impressions are excellent grip in mud ( as expected...), surprisingly good on wet bitumen and not too noisy - a bit of a hum at 50kmh and again at 100ish. Despite assertion in an earlier review that all Dynapro MTs are 'made in China', mine are clearly marked as being manufactured in Korea.

Car1998 TD Rodeo cab chassis.

Chinese made and good

60,000k on 265/17s on 2010 Pathfinder with steel bars front and back. Ie heavy. Still 10,000k left.
Good for hard and wet 4wd, on the farm and quiet on the highway. Nice ride and excellent cornering on average NZ roads.
Mine made in China. My son has same in 16 inch on his Surf. His are made in Korea with white writing which I like. Can I get 17s with the white writing? I am told I can not.

Car2010 Nissan Pathfinder

Excellent product

Quiet achiever - hasn't got the cudos of the trendy, popular tyre brands like BFG, Mickey Ts and Nitto but I would put them up against these brands any day. Great off road and surprising good on road - not noisy at all for a MT.
Great looking tyre with aggressive side lugs.

CarLandrover Discovery Td5

BEWARE ALL DYNAPRO MT ARE MADE IN CHINA

Ordered these for landcruiser... Went to get put on... Saw that they are made in china not korea... I refused to have them fitted.
All other hankooks are made in korea. Do not take notice of reviews as they are now chinese made and do not believe that they are made to same standards as they aren't

CarLandcruiser

Very good tyre

Very good tyre in the wet for a mud tyre.
Isn't crazy loud on the road, maybe a little more than an all terrain Tyre.
I have gone through a few sets of these in the years and have got at least 90k out of them.
One word I would say is they do throw a few rocks on gravel roads with small rocks on them.

CarHolden Colorado

Awesome tyres

I have found these tyres to be amazing. They are alot cheaper than the compition but last just as long. They have little road noise long lasting tread wear on road and superb off-road traction and durability strong side wall with traction on the side wall for those ruts to climb out

CarPajero

Pleasantly Surprised

The Dynapro has outdone itself both on and off road. Incredible traction on steep rock and mud. Amazing stop capability on road (better than my HT tyres!). The vehicle performs much better than before. Over many years of driving I cannot say that I have experienced such a good change to the vehicle handling as this time. A strong tyre with no gouging or cuts after tackling a few decent rocky hills and river crossings. They look good too!

CarNissan Navara D40

Best tyre money can buy

These tyres are absolutely fantastic! Just did a 4000km trip and not a sign of wear at all! Amazing off road, great in mud, quick on the sand and great on the hwy. these are the quietest mud tyres I've ever used, almost silent. I would recommend to anyone looking to get a great value for money.

CarNissan Patrol 35 x 12.5 xr15

Excellent tyres !

Put these tyres on my Hilux 2 weeks after purchasing it with 38k on the clock. Now at 109k with same set, going on current wear probs another 15k left, Running them at 44psi on the tar. Great Kms, great in the mud, very good in rocky terrain and sand. Even good on road in the wet. Economy about the same as the h/t that were originally fitted . Are the 265/65/17, can't fault then at all Especially when you look at around $1200 fitted . Will definitely get them again

CarToyota Hilux 2012 dual cab D4-4

Great......But

great tyre. Been through everything. The compounds are top of the line and definitely quietest and grippiest mud terrain I’ve used.
BUT...... be careful!
Tyre companies have factories all over the world. China is where they make their cheaper and less ply tyres.
When a tyre place advertises “pay for 3 and get the 4th free”, this is when they bring in their Chinese factory made tyres.
Usually Hankook tyres will have “made in Korea” on the side.
If you have brought “pay for 3 get the 4th free” sale, then have a look where the tyres are made. Good chance they will have “made in China” on the side.
I got caught with this and ended up having the reps on the phone trying to blame my car. 6 different tyre places couldn’t balance the tyres due to the compound. When you drive the tyres would heat up and then the balance was out and car would shake.
I would buy hankook again in a heart beat as they were great untill I got the Chinese made ones.

CarDmax and BT50

Heavy on fuel, taking them off

Just done 5000km on Hankook Dynapro MT. Using 08 Hilux D4d Sr5. Was getting 670km per tank on the Maxxis Bravos that came with the ute...Now getting 490km. Auto is shifting out of lock, and down shifting earlier. Otherwise a great piece of rubber, but with NZ$1140 more in fuel per year, they are coming off.

CarToyota Hilux 2008 D4d

Great grip

Good grip and longer life of these tyres. Highly durable. you always get more then 50,000 from this brand tyres. I have been using this brand for 5 years and Still prefer it in future. There is no noise with these tyres and good fuel economy and unbelievable price from Hankook.

CarHyundai accent 2006

Good functional tyres, good price.

I got these tyres in a 4 for the price of 3 sale that Bob Jane Tmart were running. I have had them before on a different car, so I knew that they were decent tryres. No noise, handle well in the wet. Over I can't make any complaints & would recommend.

CarLand cruiser Prado

Eat any track

Performed unbelievably well in the mud and clay today at Wombat state Forrest. I have done around 2000km on them and today was its first test, didn't even have to deflate them. The harsher the terrain got the better the tyres performed. Not that loud on the freeway. Highly recommended.

Car2013 Toyota Hilux sr5

Quiet for a Mud Terrain

After switching from Federal Couragia MT's which were terribly noisy these are a breath of fresh air. So quiet by comparison. already after 1000ks I can see little wear and an improvement in economy. I would reccomend these over the Federal product as they are comparable on price. Good off road too

Car1995 80 Series Landcruiser

Excellent off road tyre. For the price they cant be beaten.

I run a set of these in 285/75/16 on steelies mainly for offroad/trip use. Have been Cape York, Fraser, Simpson and all through the Victorian High Country. I bought them because of long standing good reviews on USA forums and tyre test websites, and because they were very reasonably priced ($265 ea). Tyres have performed flawlessly in all terrain i have thrown at them. They air down extremely well (10 psi lowest and just crawled up sand dunes). Handle 22 psi and 90 km/hr day in day out on rough outback roads. They are very good in sand for a M/T. On the road they are quiet for a MT. Are fine in rain / wet roads. They do need the correct pressures to handle well though. Mine are Load rated E (80 psi) so need 45 psi even for the weight of my FJ (less than 2.5T). At 32 psi they do feel floaty. I will definitely buy again.

Car2011 FJ Cruiser
I have since replaced these tyres with another set of 4. I got around 60,000 kms from them (4-5 mm tread still left); mostly offroad and long trips. They did chip a little on sharp rocks toward the end. The new set are now made in China (vs Korea for the old), and the RRP has increased significantly since i originally purchased. I got a 4 for 3 deal so they are still affordable. If you need to pay RRP, there are many better tyres out for that money (eg Toyo RT, BFG KM3, Nitto MT, RG)

Are the side walls 2 or 3 ply and are they made in Korea or China or both?
Hey Andrew, Sidewall: 3-ply polyester Tread: 3-ply polyester, 2-ply steel, 2-ply nylon Hope that helps.

Can I run 265/75-16 on my rg Colorado without any rubbing issues?
Gaz, Depends on what is configured on your vehicle. If the increase is within the ADR/Road Rules then you should be fine but if you have a bull bar or winch etc then the weight will reduce your scope for movement or tyre sizing. I had a 2 inch lift minimum on mine. One tyre shop said no to the tyre increase, ARB said yes as the rep had an identical set up to mine and had the larger tyres on it. I can only suggest you talk to the blokes living the dream as a job and that will head you in the right direction. They will also be able to see your unit and tell you straight up.

Will they fit my 2012 y61 gu st patrol wagon?
These tyres are on the old scale 31.6 inches. They will fit without rubbing pretty much anything ranger size up. The last number is rim size 16 inch. If the rim is a different size you can get the same size tyre in a different number e.g. 265/70-17. Hope this makes sense to you. Tyre dealer can help you further. Finally they will fit your patrol and this size wont kill the power.

Dynapro MT