Harvey Norman The Flooring Specialist

Harvey Norman The Flooring Specialist

Carpet Flooring, Vinyl Flooring, Timber Flooring, etc...

• Job Satisfaction

Ben

Ben

Great product but appalling installation job!

We couldn’t fault Harvey Norman sales team at Moorabbin for our laminate floors . However the contractors they use left our home in an unbelievable mess . We have had floors done in several other properties and it’s always part of the contract of sale to tidy up . Our home was covered in saw dust from cutting the boards . Piles of off cut pieces were strewn throughout our home . The balcony where they used the electric saw to cut the product was inches high in dust ! When we were finally finished after many hours of unexpected cleaning , the finished product actually transformed our home . We simply wouldn’t use Harvey Norman again unless they change contractors !!

Grant M.

Grant M.South East Queensland, QLD

Excellent service

Just had carpet laid. The team at Harvey Norman Booval have been excellent, many thanks to Jason, Doug and Heidi every thing they promised they followed through with. Great product, good price and timely delivery. They kept me i formed from order date to install date. Arranged at very short notice installation, due to my own oversight and Deb and Dave "the carpet layers" were excellent efficient and did an awsome job on a couple of tricky rooms. Could not be happier.

Steve G

Steve GGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Stain master carpet

We purchased Smart Strand carpet about 7 years ago and have found that it still soft and wearing well. However after having the carpet cleaned every year we are finding that unlike the advertising where animals walk all over it and sleep on it, that the soiling didn’t come out. Harvey Norman staff were helpful in contacting the manufacturer and getting them to come to assess the carpet. After having the carpet professionally cleaned, the colour of the carpet didn’t improve ( still looked soiled ) The manufacturer has just told us to have the carpet cleaned again and that it is not the fault of the carpet. We would not advise anyone to install this carpet as it does not live up to it’s advertising.

Rayjay

RayjayGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrible service who sell you rubbish carpet

I had my apartment in St Kilda carpeted by Harvey Norman flooring at Watergardens in Victoria. I went in my apartment after carpet was laid down, only to be jabbed in my knee by a sharp object pointing out of the carpet. And now have found lumps coming up from my new carpet. I called Harvey Norman to have the problem fixed, and one month later I'm still getting excuses . Do not buy from these guys...happy to take your money, but no after sales service.

Iseewhatyoudidthere

IseewhatyoudidthereSydney, NSW

Do not use Moore Park for Flooring

Hunted around for a while to find timber flooring for our hallway to match our living area. Went to Harvey Norman and asked many a time "is this timber flooring" was told many times yes. When it came time to lay the flooring, halfway through installation, I am told by the installer " not this is manufactured flooring. I was not happy. The floor also creaks constantly. Will never use or recommend.

disapointed

disapointedGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Extremely disappointed

On VIP night I was quoted $3600 for 2 rooms and the hallway. This went up by $1000 when the guy came out to measure. After I complained about the colour of the beading I was told if I wanted it to match I should have asked and was told it could be fixed for another $550. There was never any mention of beading prior to installation and I refuse to pay anymore money. I went to Harvey Norman as it's an Australian company and I expected quality service and installation. Extremely disappointed.

• +3

Ellie

EllieGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good range, price and installation

I am so pleased with the quality, look and feel of the carpet I got at Harvey Norman Highpoint. The price was very good as I got it in the mid year sales. The process to book installation was easy and the person who did the actual carpet laying was very good and experienced. Very happy.

Poor Experience - Again!

Nathan

NathanDarling Downs, QLD

Smart Strand carpet

We installed Smart Strand carpet due to the sales pitch that it has a lifetime guarantee for stain & soil resistance.
The Smart Strand carpet is terrible- it's has soiled in light traffic areas and aftet 2 years looks like 20 year old carpet.
I wish I'd not bought into the sales pitch!

Lib

LibSydney, NSW

Good service and fitters were lovely

We had four bedrooms carpeted. Aaron in store was very helpful and sorted out issues well. Was able to book installation exactly when I wanted. Good quality product. The fitters were great. Polite, efficient and friendly.

P Foster

P FosterSydney, NSW

Damage property and take no responsibility

Maria O.

Maria O.South East Queensland, QLD

Terrible after sales service

They were quick to take my money & arrange installation, but the layers did a bit if a shoddy job. I gave feedback & asked for a resolution.
Couple of vague emails back n forward.
No resolution. I had to keep chasing them up & still no service.
I'm left with old blue carpet sticking out on top of my lovely silver carpet.
Unprofessional

Chris Patten

Chris PattenPerth, WA

Superb Job.

My layer Martin contacted me 2 days prior to give me a time of arrival. He arrived early and was very respectful of my house and the needs of me as a customer.
Very thorough with his workmanship and attention to detail.
Not only a superb job with laying, but no damage to any of the 4 rooms he laid and no damage to any wall. Took all equipment and old carpet and was gone within 2 1/2 hrs.

Would highly recommend him to anyone.
Thanks again Martin!

Rocky from NSW

Rocky from NSWSydney, NSW

Caringbah store

Just had hybrid flooring completed by Caringbah store. Have no complaints about the service in store and the staff helped us as much as possible with problems that arose with a fairly complicated job. Would like to praise the sub contractor, David. He went out of his way to make sure the job was as near to what we wanted as possible. He was always willing to speak at any time and source material not normally in his range.

Unhappy customer

Unhappy customerCentral, TAS

Smart strand carpet is rubbish.

Karen louise HindsMidway Point Tas 7171

Buyer beware

The slightly backed vinyl floor covering does not perform well in hot or variable temperatures. Confirmed by family in Queensland and in Tasmania. Pretty much ruled put everywhere in the country.

Hybrid Flooring

Very happy with my new Hybrid floor from Harvey Norman Jamestown Penrith Quentin Hammond thank you so much you picked the right tradesman Tim Whitton to do the job I’m very happy with my experience from the day of getting the free quote & measure to the finished installation 4 rooms in my 30 year old house & no broken skirting boards (which was my big concern) just pleased with everything from start to finish turned my old house from drab to fab looks so much more modern for the small price I paid & thanks again Quentin for putting up with my thousand & one question before I went with your quote which I believe to be the right choice out of the 3 Qutoes I received. Response from my family & visitors when they walk in “wow”

Leanne

LeanneMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very nice carpet

I have been very happy with the carpet we were sold. It was on sale for a great price. The install was not as I would have expected, I called to have the installer come back as he had not stretched it over the nails on the edging. Looking at it today I still don't think it's ok . My carpet mats that I asked to have made from the only remaining piece were not all made. Mixed emotions about this big purchase.

Lesley P

Lesley PHunter Region, NSW

My loungeroom looks unbelievable with the new rug from Harvey Norman.

Harvey Norman have a huge range of colours, shapes and sizes of mats, rugs and carpets. All within a price range every one can afford. Updating any room could not be easier.

Lived up to promise

Damien from Harvey Norman Osborne Park WA made the purchasing experience so easy that we parted with our money happily. Laying team of Robert & Shane were courteous, co-operative, clean, and punctual.
Everything ran according to schedule. We are very happy with the whole experience, and our new carpet!

MMMasked

Hi,
We ordered carpet recently however said that we were months away from installing. We initially asked for our deposit back because of incorrect measuring on our part and a price hike however came to an agreement. We picked a colour for purchase sake however now when asking we are told the carpet is ordered and we can't change the colour despite us saying we were months away and may change the colour????
We have paid a large deposit but not sure what to do as we know it will be a case of 'can't change your mind'...not sure why carpet needed to be ordered prior to use 100 percent confirming

MMM

So my question is can we request our deposit and cancel order there is nowhere on the invoice that says we cannot

monica85

monica85asked

Godfrey hurst hybrid XL flooring, can anyone share their opinion on the wear and tear on these pls?

Ivy

Ivyasked

Hi,
I have been recommended Godfrey Hirst Hybrid 1200 for my bedrooms. Does anyone have experience with this product?

Karen louise Hinds

Hi Ivy I have no knowledge of this brand. Just know if you go with a product that does not live up too it's longevity, general wear and tear. You have consumer rights under the ACCC. If I was in your position I would ask HN staff to give you a couple of reviews. You can also use choice!!!!

Get an answer from our members and Harvey Norman The Flooring Specialist representatives