Hays

Hays

See the Best Employment & Recruitment Services in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Munga

MungaPerth, WA

If there was a no star rating....

I recently applied with hays for an advertised position - three month contract with the nsw dept of justice disaster relief social worker. After going through the extensive security checks as instructed by hays, I was told I'd got the job, was told by email to book my airfares, which I did , approx $800 (Im located in perth - the job was in glenn innes nsw). Glenn innes DoJ called and said you, know its only a weeks work? I contacted hays. Long story short, no job, no refund, no contact from them. Appalling

Sarah

SarahNorthern Region, NSW

Not enough

We recently hired an employee through Hays on the Gold Coast and to be quiet frank the experience was below average! If I could give 0 stars I would.
No, follow up calls, check-ins, emails nothing. Working in HR for over 12 years and in recruitment companies myself, I know this is not common practice and must come down only to the consultant and/or management.
Really a shame as the recruitment fee was very high.
You are better off going with a smaller agency that has a personable approach. Cannot recommend at all.
No thank you.

Sue D

Sue DSydney, NSW

May Need to look at their compliance with legislation-am lodging complaint

I applied for a job with Hays-a six month contract.I have not had an interview or had any sense whatsoever that I was going to be put forward to the client for the job.I was told by the consultant that they would not process my application without my date of birth being provided . The form claims they need my date of birth for identity purposes only .They have no documents to check the date of birth against at this point in the process and the mandatory requirement may not be in accordance with Australian law- if we were at a point in the process where ID documents were required I would have no problem but the request at this stage seems bizarre and is certainly not industry norm.

YeruYeruTokyoHillsRelax

YeruYeruTokyoHillsRelaxSouth East Queensland, QLD

Lies To You To Data Mine Your Data

This organization is filled with second hand car salesman types who promise the world yet fail to deliver. They even go as far as to offer you a job and get you to sign a contract, plus get you to complete many documents regarding background checks and complete online OHS inductions. Even if you pass all those they won't let you attend the job they offered you because they were intentionally too inept to properly contact your referees at the last moment. Hays is purely a data mining company that sells your life details to their special business friends. Stay away from these agencies, more worse than politicians.

Don't waste your time

I haven't seen anyone who got call back from Hays now everybody knows its fake. They just advertise the company which is not exist. Do not waste of your time!

The Uprising

The UprisingQueensland

Identity theft should be arrested by the australian federal police

Hays are just a scam fake employment agency who advertise false jobs that don't exist. This is going on everywhere now and is being ignored by our corrupt federal and state government departments. They only give employment to their foreign relatives and keep Australians on the dole. The steal our identities and use them to share with other agencies as they blacklist us on an illegal list that is being ignored by our glorious corrupt Authorities (Whom are also new zealanders, south africans, asians etc etc) We must fight back, and the only way is to exterminated this parasite from Australia completely. Demand these companies to be removed or we will uprise and burn all corrupt entities in the streets.

Ken Lyall

Ken LyallBicheno

No they dont give a damn

Sad, been with them for 18 months, always just say no...a waste of time... I did get a small time job, but nothing full time and nothing as they say they can do...

AVOID

They only seem interested if you're after a higher wage that they get commission on. When Indeed or Seek say I'm 100% match for a job, I'll apply. About 8/10 on private ads I'll get a response. About 1/100 if it's Hays, then, as others mention, ghosted. During the interview at Hays I was told that Hays have almost every employer on their books, and to speak to them before approaching any or it might look bad. What a laugh!!

Andy G

Andy GSydney, NSW

READ REVIEWS BEFORE YOU WASTE YOUR TIME.

I was given so much false hope, no one ever replies back to you after the interview. My theory is that they are using candidates to practice recruitment practices or for business benefit. I can't believe how unprofessional they are, they do not care about you, I promise. I really wish I read the reviews before I wasted my time with this rubbish company. I was told I would receive a call back before COB on Tuesday LAST WEEK. It is now over a week, I have tried emailing and no reply, completely ghosted. Avoid avoid avoid HAYS. Agencies do not care about you.

Ex-employee

Ex-employeeSydney, NSW

Regret to work for this employer

High employee turnovers and they disrespect employees and treat them as pure labor. Culture is a disaster and no study support at all for employees below manager levels and the way to survive is to obey the seniors. Some employees have been mistreated for claiming normal entitlements. Take advantage of employees who leave, such as not paying their bonus earned.

Mike Rotch

Mike RotchSydney, NSW

Giving False hope, Deceptive recruiters who love to Ghost you just like Tinder Matches #HaysSUCKSBALLS

LetsBeHonest

LetsBeHonestGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Promise the world, deliver nothing

I met with a recruiter who spent a good hour talking at me and promised me the world of opportunities. I declined a contract as it wasnt in my field (duh) and since then, has been unresponsive to emails and calls. Dont waste your time.

Annoyed

AnnoyedSydney, NSW

Deceitful

These people are advertising positions that don't exist. How can they continue to get away with it?
I'm ring Fair Trading tommorrow because this is very very poor. It appears to be a common theme.

Mik.roks

Mik.roksGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

FAKE HAYS REVIEWER*

magnolia1

magnolia1Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Bottom-feeders of the recruitment world

W.A Shopper

W.A ShopperPerth

Lies and deceit

Alicia Serada has been lying to cover her mistakes at Hays in Perth for a long time.
She will give you a dishonest description of roles then when you arrive at the placement it wont be what she told you .
When you call her out on this she then gets aggressive and tries to discredit you with dishonest false information to employers.
She will lie to you and lie to the client,it seems to be Hays culture she holds a department head position.
Avoid Hays and Alicia Serada.

Mark I.

Mark I.Sydney, NSW

Absolute Time Wasters

The amount of fake jobs that Hays recruiters post is unbelievable. They have no sense of right and wrong and believe they're not accountable to anyone.
Here's a little tip I learnt from an honest recruiter: when a Hays recruiter (or any recruiter) calls you and asks you to come in for an interview, ask them about the name of the company that's offering the role. If they refuse to provide it then the role is fake and they're just trying to meet KPI's.

Brent

BrentSouth East Queensland, QLD

No communication from Hays recruiter

I applied for some jobs with Hays in Southport. The recruiter was I. Touch quickly, getting me to do tests etc so she could put me forward for a role. After the interview we were told we would know a result within 24 hours. After 5 days I called and emailed to hear if not been successful. No attempt to advise me of this. I then reached out to seek assistance finding a role quickly. This was 2 1/2 weeks ago and my email has not been acknowledged or replied to! Very amateurish and bad

Worst experience

I have been with them from last three months. They don’t have good management staff and after doing three shifts in a week I only paid for only one shift. I have sent them heaps of emails regarding my pay but my problems are not solved and atlast I have to ended up with a decision that I have to quit this job :(

Rhys

Rhys

Not worth it

They waste your time they say they have work available but never assign you work even if you call everyday and if you can’t make it they blacklist you without warning