Hayward TigerShark QC

• Pool Size
FrustratedConsumer

FrustratedConsumerPerth, WA

Waste of money

I purchased this 2.5 years ago, loved it came with a 3 year warranty. After 6 months it died, it was repaired. It worked once, it died. I took it back and was told dont leave it in the pool too long, so it was repaired and I used it once and it died again. This time I was told dont leave it out of the pool or in the sun too long. I used it once and it died AGAIN. Its still within its warranty but Im probably better off throwing it away. If you can afford to buy one every 6 months then its epic, but after its failed it will never be the same. The blue filters are a good investment too.

Purchased in February 2017 for A$2,500.00.

Peter Lavars

Peter LavarsGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

tiger shark review

I have had a creepy crawly and a barracuda. as soon as the saw a big leaf or a twig they gave up. Honestly this tiger shark is terrific. I have a monstrous gum tree over hanging my pool and it drops crap in my pool year round. I love this robot. I understand some people expect miracles but don't say its useless because that's not true.

Purchased in May 2019.

Wall and Step Cleaning

Performance is OK, very poor durability

Sorry Hayward, the product doesn't match up to your marketing. The machine has broken just after 3 years of well-maintained use (requires a new motor). Repair cost exceeds $1200, and the response from Hayward is a polite 'tough luck'. Sold as a high-end robot, the durability is anything but. My recommendation is to steer clear and buy according to reliability.

Purchased in August 2016.

Robotic Pool Cleaners

Quieter Achiever

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Jimmy

Jimmy

this is an excellent robot..... highly recommend

The quality and customer service of this product is so good it has lead to my second review. My robot (Ronnie) has worked hard for 5 years with very few problems, 1 broken track and some new filters is all the repairs needed. The track broke 2 months after warranty finished 1 phone call to Haywood and a new one was sent asap at no cost. Truly a great cleaner!

Date PurchasedJun 2012

Great until it all went wrong

Date PurchasedJul 2015

Useless

Terrible product, spends more time climbing walls than picking up debris from bottom and ledge area. Machine has broken protective coverings over pool filter inlets. All in all a waste of money that has not made pool maintenance any easier, and as well as damaging pool, the cleaning job is inferior.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Gregori L.

Gregori L.Platteville, WI

Useless

It took 20 minutes for the TigerShark QC to get stuck on one of my two drains the first time. I then took it out of the pool, and added the plastic "increased suction" piece to the bottom of the unit which the manual advises may help with this problem.

In the middle of the very first cleaning cycle after that, it got stuck on a drain again, and was spinning in circles on the drain. Each time it spun around, the cable became more tangled. I can only imagine how destroyed the cable would have been if I had not been there to turn the unit off.

I packed it up and returned it. Useless piece of garbage.

Robotic Pool Cleaners

Find out how Hayward TigerShark QC compares to other Robotic Pool Cleaners

Peter

PeterSouth East Queensland, QLD

Better than most

I spent a long time looking for a great pool cleaner and don't think there is one. That aside this is the best of the bunch.
After three months I did have a warranty problem and the retaile was difficult to deal with. However after some strong language the manufacturer stepped in and dealt with magnificently , arranging shipping, repair and return magnificently.

Cleans the pool of sand and cleans the sides very well. Handles leaves and larger debris OK.
Easy to handle and pretty care free.

3 years life

Miranda Marron

Miranda Marronasked

TigerShark QC

my Tigershark (TS)seem to struggle to climb my step/ledge that runs the length of my pool and into a shallow area that is still deep enough to cover the tiger shark with water. The TS is completely cleaned out so not too heavy to climb and has had this issue since we purchased last December. Is there a way to fix this?

Jurek
Jurek

Well, I have to ask, did you check back with the pool shop that you bought it from?
In the meantime, there are a couple of ways of adjusting the water flow through the machine.
Both described in the manual.
The 1st is the restrictor plate on top of the machine. If the machine does not climb, removing it may help.
Next we have the "high velocity inlet". having this in place increases the velocity across the gap, so the suction is greater, but the volume of water is decreased.
So hard to predict if this will help. No harm in trying with it installed or not.
I have found that running the machine for 4 hours gives best results (rather than 2 lots of 2 hours).