HCF Pet Insurance

Pet Premium, Pet Essential (See All)
See the Best Pet Insurance in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by HCF

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (3)
    • 1-2 weeks (2)
    • 2-4 weeks (1)
    • 1-2 months (3)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (4) · No (6)
TEK
TEKSouth East Queensland, QLD

Don't use this company, find others

Significant price hikes year on year of over 20%. They also sit on claims and reimbursement without processing the money back..have been with the company for over 8 years and they now want $235 per month for coverage, crazy stuff

TedsMum
TedsMumGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Don’t recommend. Giant price hike in second and third year of the policy.

Although the app was simple to use and claims were paid quickly, the price went up by $600 over two years, from ~$950 to over $1,500. In the first year I did make some claims, one for cherry eye surgery and a scan but no claims in the second year. I felt like the company offered an attractive price in year 1 to get you in and then hiked the price. They ‘warned’ me that if I left I would not be covered by preexisting conditions. I have been with HCF health insurance for our family for 30 years but the pet insurance division is HCF in name only, it’s actually owned by another company and is for profit, unlike HCF person health insurance.

John J
John JGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Would not be without it

My dog has been insured with HCF pet insurance for 7 years and in 2 of those years I have had massive emergency vet procedure bills of which I have received 80% back in refunds.

This past week alone my dog had to go to the emergency vet on two occasions with one overnight stay and the bill was over $2,000.
After the emergency vet upload the claim to HCF pet insurance I received $1200 refund into my bank account in less than 36 hours.

The only downside to the insurance is that they only pay up to $300 for consultations per annum.

Customer telephone service does need improvement

DebsStu
DebsStuSouth East Queensland, QLD

Customer Service Needs a Big Shake Up

Rachel M.
Rachel M.Sydney, NSW

Waste of Money

The worst pet insurance cover you could get - absolutely disgusting that they take your money every year to cover your pet on the essentials or in an emergency yet they don't cover a thing.
Take your business elsewhere, I am.

Salvo L.
Salvo L.South East Queensland, QLD

They have been fantastic

We have our 7 years old insurance with HCF since he is a puppy and we have never came across bad customer services and claims are paid quickly. I also think the inclusions are good.

Absolutely terrible service!!

Do not take out pet insurance with HCF. They have been impossible to deal with and provide inaccurate advice on policy cover. I was advised that I would have 80% of my veterinary expenses covered and so submitted my claim only to be advised over a month later, after numerous follow ups on my behalf, that I was not covered.

Super Funds Awards 2022!

super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

what-is-peer-to-peer-lending

Wouldn't be without it

Nearly 7 years with HCF and I have had no issues with claims and get back exactly what I expected. I find team members helpful with any queries. Pepper and I wouldn't be without it. Grateful for their assistance with financial concerns.

Paskis
PaskisSydney, NSW

Responsive but coverage gaps

HCF are quite up-front about the coverage and exclusions, but when buying a 'premium' package it's easy to assume that it's all-inclusive. Especially when it costs as much as your own health insurance. Mundane things like vaccinations and checkups - not covered by the premium plan. Dental - nope. Cruciate - yes but limited in value. Really the 'premium' plan is a 'standard' plan - they could use a proper, all-in premium plan above it. So unhappy though I am with having claims rejected, they did make it clear what they were selling at every step of the way, and they were responsive to emails. Would I recommend? Yes but I'd sure shop around and read the inclusions/exclusions not just shop on price and brand.

pdjonesGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible

Never deal with this company. They say they are membership focussed but really they are just agents for privately owned insurance companies. They take your money and never pay without several phone calls and resending of already sent documents. When I cancelled they kept charging my account without my permission. Luckily I saw this and after a fight, I managed to get my money back. Definitely not an honest company.

pdjones

I tried to send a message to the address given but was unable to. I have spent enough time on this in any case. It is up to you to improve your service, not me.

KMT

Ian MacSouth East Queensland, QLD

leonie walton
leonie waltonSouthwest, VIC

Stay away ..

I had been with HCF for a few years and not one claim with my two dogs
I just recently tried to make a claim
For a Non pre exisiting problem
And I proved it was Non exisiting by sending them vet reports from previous vets. They Never pay they keep requesting more vet info that you simply don’t have
If your dogs not sick why would I attend a vet apart from routine injections etc
After 7 attempts of trying to explain this
I cancelled my insurance ... funny they did that via email in one day hmmmmm

Snuflepagus M.
Snuflepagus M.Sydney, NSW

Absolutely Horrible

Above and Beyond

Emmerose fronted my call:
was finalising a claim as there there were missing information that that the insurers needed;
She put me on hold to check - when she came back on - she had contacted the Vet on my behalf and organised what was required - no more stress on me.
Very touched by the extra effort !