helloworld

helloworld

• Trip Completed Yes (6) · No (22)
  • Ease of Booking

lyndalls1Hunter Region, NSW

Helloworld online. Very very slow to respond to emails to redeem credit voucher

lyndalls1

Resending my emails to helloworld online daily. Hoping!! for a response

lyndalls1

Finally had a response after 15 days of daily emailing!! Nothing definite as yet in regard to new booking as supposedly nowwaiting on ticket quote. Will keep this posting up to date if any change

Hfg

HfgLaunceston, TAS

Stay clear

Booked overseas trip before Covid and had it cancelled. They took a large commission from the airline refund and haven’t been very helpful in following up on other outlays. I wouldn’t use again.

Carl R

Carl RMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

Hello World rocks!

For a travel company these guys are hard to beat. I got my money back in under a week. Beat that. The Pandemic wrecked everything but it didn't faze them. Incredible people and an incredible Travel Agency. I am telling everyone about them and would definitely recommend them to anyone

Mark D.

Mark D.South East Queensland, QLD

Helloworld Travel Sandgate, Brisbane, Queensland. - Don't go there!

NO information - communication - service

Service Well Below Standards; Non-Existent Communication on Qantas Refund

Catherine S.

Catherine S.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Still waiting for airfare refund after 16 weeks with very poor communication

We booked a holiday to Vietnam in late January 2020 (for travel in July 2020). In April, when it became apparent that the trip would not proceed, we requested cancellation of airfares (in excess of $10K) and the tour in Vietnam (through Peregrine). To date we have not seen any money reimbursed for airfares (plenty of delaying emails) and an offer of a credit for Peregrine which, in the present environment, is of no value. The airfare refund offered is lacking in transparency and purports to withhold amounts that have no objective basis. We continue to receive holding emails from Hello World which inspire no confidence whatsoever. The whole matter has been handled very poorly.

Helloworld Travel Norwood, Adelaide, South Australia

Abusive, bullying and intimidating customer service by the owner himself. Promised a full refund but when I tried to make good on this promise Would not process my refund unless I agreed to $1500 in cancellation fees for a service that could not be provided because of the international travel bands. Tried to discuss “frustrated contract” with the advice from Consumer and Business Services resulted In being banned from phone contact the next day. Deliberately delayed and mislead me. Taking full advantage of COVID-19 pandemic. Ignored every opportunity to resolve the matter even after involving several managers from head office. Owner does not care about his customers or his travel agency reputation at all.

Tiare G.

Tiare G.Hunter Region, NSW

Sales consultant

We booked a holiday to Bali through hello world Belmont prior to COVID, we booked with Ashlea and she was so knowledgeable on where to go and stay and got us an amazing deal, fast forward to a month before our holiday and COVID hits. Ashlea kept us up to date with what would happen with our money and was always contactable in the period leading up to our travel. I couldn’t recommend her or the helloworld Belmont team highly enough.

Traveller66

Traveller66Sydney, NSW

Kempsey Travel and Cruise

I use to book through this office with a very long standing genuine staff member who was just recently made redundant while others much shorter in their role kept positions. An email received back from the manager was quite snub who has always been rude. I’ve rated doing business here for many years and have put thousands in travel through the business due to this one staff member. The manager in all dealings has always been quite rude, and this latest situation has left a bad taste in my mouth. Clearly could not care less about losing my business and taking it elsewhere.

Bree Solitua

Bree SolituaSydney, NSW

If I could give half a star I would!!

My family booked a trip to Bali in 2020. I booked through Helloworld. When Covid-19 surfaced I asked for a refund as we could not travel due to government restrictions. I was told I was not entilted to a refund. Then my flight was rescheduled to 1 week later. I advised these new dates did not suit me. Helloworld failed to tell me of the reschedule or cancel. When I questioned this I was told you can't travel anyway so I didn't feel there was any need. Their customer service was well below average. The Director belittled me was rude and blunt. I am being told my only option is a credit and the thought of having to deal with them again makes me sick. Do not ever use Helloworld campbelltown NSW!!!

Mary

MaryMelbourne

Don’t use this company

Not even worth the one star rating. Helloworld won’t refund my money despite my trip being cancelled. I was told I’d get a full refund but they’re keeping a fair chunk of my money for a cancellation fee despite me not cancelling. They also have next to no communication with their customers. Do not use this company. Other companies are doing the right thing by their customers so choose them and not Helloworld.

Jem

JemVictoria

Saddened

Happy Customers

Happy CustomersHunter Region, NSW

Central Australia

We booked our holiday on The Ghan through helloworld. Everything was arranged for us, and the accommodation was excellent. All additional tours were organised and trouble free. We will book through helloworld again.

David Newton

David NewtonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Don't bother

Waited a week and a half for a response to me request for flights and accomodation. Nothing! Went elsewhere. These guys are on commission so don't expect them to be around for too much longer.

Clarissa

ClarissaEyre Peninsula, SA

Excellent customer service.

Booked a cruise and have received excellent customer service, answering any question promptly via email or in person. Haven't been on the cruise yet but I expect it will be wonderful.

Michael S.

Michael S.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

No idea how to organise a holiday

We are going in a royal Caribbean cruse at Christmas and the rooms are not sorted and the boarding pass system did not work very well. One sale rep said one thing the next days something else it sit not an easy Holliday experience

katet01

katet01gippsland

Go straight to the airlines.

Cant agree more with a previous reviewer. Booking through an agent gives me nothing but issues. I made the mistake of booking flights to London through Hello World Moe. All it did was make my life more difficult. Rude sales people provided terrible customer service if I needed to make any changes and even when I tried to purchase an additional ticket!!! Never again. Just go straight to the airline.

Trish

TrishSydney Surrounds, NSW

Disgusting

My inexperince daughter booked her first flights at Hello world North Richmond. Gaurada had them for $735 she got charged $ 950 she is only young thought the flights had gone up. I called the manager to complain she stated she had done her booking cheapest flight $850 and $100 booking fee my daughter said she wasn't told about the booking fee being $100 dollars. They took advantage of a young inexperience girl shame on you.

Pollies travel agent of choice.

If you are a corrupt politician seeking tenders for your departmental travel, then this is the agency for you. Helloworld are keen to give your family free travel in return for that $1 Billion contract.

NICKY ALLEN

NICKY ALLENasked

On your booking terms and conditions you state you are "liable for booking and advisory services" and that "you should obtain and read all of the third party travel providers terms and conditions". As the third party in my booking was Seven Oceans Cruising and their website is only available to log into by a Travel Agency their is nowhere to obtain their Terms and Conditions. Where do you suggest I get them from?

suzy

suzyasked

Had a holiday, flights, rail journey, some accommodation ,tours and car hire booked but because of covid it was cancelled. We now find ourselves in the situation we cant travel through poor health but are having trouble getting a refund have been offered vouchers but after getting medical certificate have been given a partial refund for which we are grateful but they are still holding money for future travel

Kathy Casked

We are waiting for our bookings to be refunded by Helloworld. Qantas premium economy flights and accomodation in the USA . I cannot understand why this is taking so long. I have contacted Qantas and they say it is an issue between the Agent and us. We appreciate the agent will keep a 10% cancellation fee even though we technically didn’t cancel as the government shut down all international travel. We were supposed to fly at the end of April ...still waiting with very little communication from agent. Will never use a Travel agent again.
Where is the refund?

JRD
JRD

Kathy C we were told approx 3mths been 5mths now.
JD

Kathy C

Probably find a vaccine for COVID before we get any refunds from Helloworld!

Janice B.
Janice B.

We have received our refund recently from our travel agent which is part of Helloworld. We were shocked to find that they had taken 11% in their charges from the refund. We were told by our agent that we could claim these losses on our insurance...NOT TRUE....I have checked with our insurer & they state that the claim will not be paid due to the pandemic clause. We did not cancel either as our flight was cancelled by Virgin & cruise cancelled by NCL in late March. WE are retirees & have been using this travel agency for over 10 years but I will think twice before we use them again. We cannot afford to lose so much money through no fault of our own.

Get an answer from our members and helloworld representatives