helloworld

See the Best Booking Services in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Expensive than other agents and cant use helloworld giftcard in helloworld website

Cant use Helloworld giftcard in helloworld website or through phone, what the hell? so you have no other option other than booking in the store. So went to the store they are charging more than other travel agents and $11 on top per head unbelievable.

SnowQueen

SnowQueenSouth Australia

Overseas travel bookings the easy way!

I chose helloworld to book my first ever overseas holiday. helloworld at Semaphore were very helpful. I dealt with Liz who was patient and understanding and managed to work out an itinerary which allowed us to do all the things we wanted to do on our holiday. A last minute change to our itinerary was met with a positive response and Liz made it happen without fuss. I would definitely recommend helloworld at Semaphore if you are looking to book travel.

JC33

JC33Sydney, NSW

No support little service

Poor service considering Hello world Tuggarah are in a service industry. Attention to detail missing, not transparent with bookings and the client does all the follow up. Poor communicater also. I could not recommend.

NotHappy

NotHappyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible communication

Poor service and communication for sure they don’t call you back when you have asked for a quote. Could not give me an itinerary of my trip before booking. Once I walked in to pay the lady was shocked that I even came back and had no idea what to do or prices to pay. Post paying nil further communication despite requesting an itinerary multiple times. Not happy and we haven’t even left yet

Booking Type Accomodation, Flights and Visa

Misleading And Over Charges With No Explanation Or Resolution

Extremely unhappy with Hello World. Over charged and refused credit, told would get a credit on account which has deemed useless as they have lied about travel services they no longer can provide. Still will not provide me with full credit. Abusive staff. Management ignores the issue. Do not use this company!

Booking Type Cruise

Abs

AbsSouth East Queensland, QLD

This is the reason I don’t book flights through travel agents

Holiday was booked through helloworld Elanora by other family members. After being made redundant and not being able to take the flight I had to call them (11/02/19) to see what the options were for either cancellation or rescheduling. They said they will call me back and let me know. No phone call back, and without confirming with me they cancelled my flight tickets (14/02/19). I now have to wait for a refund which I was only told today in could take up to 12 weeks. ....Totally unacceptable.
The travel agent ‘expert’ has made other mistakes with other family members holiday details and and has been passing the blame.

Booking Type Flights

Haven't left yet and already not happy

Booking Type Accomodation and Flights

I would like to know how they can charge $120 extra than all other travel agents and Qantas themselves.

Went to book and was told there was a service fee, which would be $120 more than price quoted by Qantas and all other travel agents. Is it because were up north? Shouldn't be allowed.

Graham

Graham

Very bad customer service

" do not use helloworld "Terrible customer service ???!!!
, we booked with them they messed up return flight ,they would only replace with a inferior flight because cost was an issue when I complained the supervisor said contact fair trade !

Jay

JayHunter Region, NSW

Poor communication and problem resolution ability

Booking Type Accomodation, Car Hire, Flights and Tour

Prak

PrakGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Change fee higher than direct booking

I booked domestic Virgin flights with HelloWorld. To change flights directly would have been $90 change fee plus difference in flight cost. Helloworld charges $102 plus another $10 service charge per ticket (I was told Virgin charge them that amount). There was no benefit in using Helloworld and ended up costing me more. I had to go with helloworld to change the flights as they were originally booked through them. I won't use them again.

Sam

SamGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Awful.

Terrible service. Was quoted a price for Japan holiday only to find out later I could book the same holiday myself for around $800 cheaper. The owner of this company is also Andrew Burnes who is a Liberal party heavyweight and I will not give ONE cent of my hard earned money to him or this company. Especially when they seem to have no problem giving free holidays to their mates in politics.

vickysydney

Helloworld use to be Flight Centre...

Called to ask them to quote a simple trip but once i saw the price it was a shocker. a quick google search could lower the price by 25% at least.

Did some more googling on this company and they use to be Flight Centre which made it to the news about underpaying staff and ripping off customers. Mark ups are done manually by staff as it increases their commission.

I would advise you to stay away from this mob, i'm sure you will get better value and service anywhere but from Helloworld.

vicky

I take back what i said where Helloworld use to be Flight centre, but pricing is horrible.

Don’t do it

Ash007

Ash007Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible, Rude and Unprofessional Customer service by email & Phone

helloworld.com.au C.helloworld

Hi Ashok007, We are sorry to hear this. We will pass on the feedback to the store Manager.
Kind Regards

Must be getting a Jetstar kickback.

Very very angry that hello world booked us with worst carrier Jetstar. They must be getting a kickback as we were given no options other than Jetstar, even though, with all the added extras they were not the cheapest. Our agent knew we wanted to shop and were concerned about weight but didn’t even bother to tell us we could have flown with Hawaiian air and had 64kg included checked luggage ....no extra cost!!!! The agents job was to get us the best deal to suit our needs but she didn’t even look at any other carrier, very very poor service. will never use hello world again, and I suggest to anyone else to do your own research and go in there armed with facts. Don’t rely on them to do any research on your behalf....it won’t happen!!

Amanda

Amanda

I complained about something that happened on my helloworld trip to the Eatons Hill store

I complained to Eatons Hill Hello World about some issues I had with our recent trip. I then contacted Hello World direct because I had not even had a response and have still not had any response good or bad from anyone. Shocking customer service!

European trip

Was charged like a wounded bull was not informed of alternative places and always had to follow up no communication from them

Tony18670

Tony18670Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Always there to help

We always use the Helloworld office in Ninth Ave Rosebud and have never been disappointed. Due to a family illness we needed to re-arrange various aspects of our six week Europe holiday from late August. The staff (on this occasion Caitlin & Geoff) made numerous phone calls to the travel groups we had booked with to assist us and we received a better than expected outcome. Many customers complain about using travel agents but as a family we have never encounted any issues with the team at Helloworld Ninth Ave and from our personal experiences would always recommend them.

Eevie

Eevie

I went in to Sunnybank Hills store to ask for a quote on hotels for the night and the travel agent was so rude and condescending! I was appalled at the manner in which she spoke to me, like she couldn’t be bothered working it out for me. I got up and walked out letting her know exactly how she made me feel. I will never go back. How does she keep her job!

fiona

fionaasked

I've already booked my holiday and paid for in full the flights and accomodation. The ladies I were meeting up with have all cancelled and are no longer attending. What sort of refund would I be entitled too?

Jacki B.

Jacki B.asked

Hi
My question is we have booked a hotel and flights with hello world but have just found out there will be Major construction happening at the hotel we have booked. We have chosen another hotel that we would like to stay at but have been told that it is not on hello words supplier list. We have been told that we will have to pay a cancellation fee if we do not wish to go through one of your hotels but I’m having trouble getting an answer on how much this cancellation fee would be and how much we paid for the original hotel as it was part of a package. We don’t wish to cancel the flights just the hotel .
Thank you for any information you can give me

Billie-Jean

Billie-Jeanasked

How soon do I pay for my ticket after I book it?

helloworld.com.au C.helloworld

Hi Billie-Jean, If you book online you will have to pay at checkout before the booking is made. You may get longer through a helloworld retail agent depending on the Airline and fare.
Kind Regards

Get an answer from our members and helloworld representatives

CategoryBooking Services