helloworld

helloworld

3.3

• Trip Completed Yes (6) · No (19)
  • Ease of Booking

NO information - communication - service

Service Well Below Standards; Non-Existent Communication on Qantas Refund

Catherine S.

Catherine S.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Still waiting for airfare refund after 16 weeks with very poor communication

We booked a holiday to Vietnam in late January 2020 (for travel in July 2020). In April, when it became apparent that the trip would not proceed, we requested cancellation of airfares (in excess of $10K) and the tour in Vietnam (through Peregrine). To date we have not seen any money reimbursed for airfares (plenty of delaying emails) and an offer of a credit for Peregrine which, in the present environment, is of no value. The airfare refund offered is lacking in transparency and purports to withhold amounts that have no objective basis. We continue to receive holding emails from Hello World which inspire no confidence whatsoever. The whole matter has been handled very poorly.

Booking Type Accommodation, Cruise, Flights and Tour

Helloworld Travel Norwood, Adelaide, South Australia

Abusive, bullying and intimidating customer service by the owner himself. Promised a full refund but when I tried to make good on this promise Would not process my refund unless I agreed to $1500 in cancellation fees for a service that could not be provided because of the international travel bands. Tried to discuss “frustrated contract” with the advice from Consumer and Business Services resulted In being banned from phone contact the next day. Deliberately delayed and mislead me. Taking full advantage of COVID-19 pandemic. Ignored every opportunity to resolve the matter even after involving several managers from head office. Owner does not care about his customers or his travel agency reputation at all.

Booking Type Flights and Insurance
Tiare G.

Tiare G.Hunter Region, NSW

Sales consultant

We booked a holiday to Bali through hello world Belmont prior to COVID, we booked with Ashlea and she was so knowledgeable on where to go and stay and got us an amazing deal, fast forward to a month before our holiday and COVID hits. Ashlea kept us up to date with what would happen with our money and was always contactable in the period leading up to our travel. I couldn’t recommend her or the helloworld Belmont team highly enough.

Traveller66

Traveller66Sydney, NSW

Kempsey Travel and Cruise

I use to book through this office with a very long standing genuine staff member who was just recently made redundant while others much shorter in their role kept positions. An email received back from the manager was quite snub who has always been rude. I’ve rated doing business here for many years and have put thousands in travel through the business due to this one staff member. The manager in all dealings has always been quite rude, and this latest situation has left a bad taste in my mouth. Clearly could not care less about losing my business and taking it elsewhere.

Bree Solitua

Bree SolituaSydney, NSW

If I could give half a star I would!!

My family booked a trip to Bali in 2020. I booked through Helloworld. When Covid-19 surfaced I asked for a refund as we could not travel due to government restrictions. I was told I was not entilted to a refund. Then my flight was rescheduled to 1 week later. I advised these new dates did not suit me. Helloworld failed to tell me of the reschedule or cancel. When I questioned this I was told you can't travel anyway so I didn't feel there was any need. Their customer service was well below average. The Director belittled me was rude and blunt. I am being told my only option is a credit and the thought of having to deal with them again makes me sick. Do not ever use Helloworld campbelltown NSW!!!

Mary

MaryMelbourne

Don’t use this company

Not even worth the one star rating. Helloworld won’t refund my money despite my trip being cancelled. I was told I’d get a full refund but they’re keeping a fair chunk of my money for a cancellation fee despite me not cancelling. They also have next to no communication with their customers. Do not use this company. Other companies are doing the right thing by their customers so choose them and not Helloworld.

Booking Type Insurance and Tour
Jem

JemVictoria

Saddened

Happy Customers

Happy CustomersHunter Region, NSW

Central Australia

We booked our holiday on The Ghan through helloworld. Everything was arranged for us, and the accommodation was excellent. All additional tours were organised and trouble free. We will book through helloworld again.

David Newton

David NewtonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Don't bother

Waited a week and a half for a response to me request for flights and accomodation. Nothing! Went elsewhere. These guys are on commission so don't expect them to be around for too much longer.

Booking Type Accommodation and Flights
Clarissa

ClarissaEyre Peninsula, SA

Excellent customer service.

Booked a cruise and have received excellent customer service, answering any question promptly via email or in person. Haven't been on the cruise yet but I expect it will be wonderful.

Booking Type Cruise, Flights and Insurance
Michael S.

Michael S.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

No idea how to organise a holiday

We are going in a royal Caribbean cruse at Christmas and the rooms are not sorted and the boarding pass system did not work very well. One sale rep said one thing the next days something else it sit not an easy Holliday experience

Booking Type Cruise
katet01

katet01gippsland

Go straight to the airlines.

Cant agree more with a previous reviewer. Booking through an agent gives me nothing but issues. I made the mistake of booking flights to London through Hello World Moe. All it did was make my life more difficult. Rude sales people provided terrible customer service if I needed to make any changes and even when I tried to purchase an additional ticket!!! Never again. Just go straight to the airline.

Trish

TrishSydney Surrounds, NSW

Disgusting

My inexperince daughter booked her first flights at Hello world North Richmond. Gaurada had them for $735 she got charged $ 950 she is only young thought the flights had gone up. I called the manager to complain she stated she had done her booking cheapest flight $850 and $100 booking fee my daughter said she wasn't told about the booking fee being $100 dollars. They took advantage of a young inexperience girl shame on you.

Find out how helloworld compares to other Booking Services

Pollies travel agent of choice.

If you are a corrupt politician seeking tenders for your departmental travel, then this is the agency for you. Helloworld are keen to give your family free travel in return for that $1 Billion contract.

Booking Type Flights

Expensive than other agents and cant use helloworld giftcard in helloworld website

Cant use Helloworld giftcard in helloworld website or through phone, what the hell? so you have no other option other than booking in the store. So went to the store they are charging more than other travel agents and $11 on top per head unbelievable.

SnowQueen

SnowQueenSouth Australia

Overseas travel bookings the easy way!

I chose helloworld to book my first ever overseas holiday. helloworld at Semaphore were very helpful. I dealt with Liz who was patient and understanding and managed to work out an itinerary which allowed us to do all the things we wanted to do on our holiday. A last minute change to our itinerary was met with a positive response and Liz made it happen without fuss. I would definitely recommend helloworld at Semaphore if you are looking to book travel.

Booking Type Accommodation and Flights

JC33Sydney, NSW

No support little service

Poor service considering Hello world Tuggarah are in a service industry. Attention to detail missing, not transparent with bookings and the client does all the follow up. Poor communicater also. I could not recommend.

NotHappy

NotHappyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible communication

Poor service and communication for sure they don’t call you back when you have asked for a quote. Could not give me an itinerary of my trip before booking. Once I walked in to pay the lady was shocked that I even came back and had no idea what to do or prices to pay. Post paying nil further communication despite requesting an itinerary multiple times. Not happy and we haven’t even left yet

Booking Type Accommodation, Flights and Visa

Kristy R.

Kristy R.asked

We are entitled to refunds for our Emirates flights from Brisbane to London that were booked for July. Why wouldn't we be able to receive a refund for the $200 for seat reservation?
Also our HelloWorld is charging us $220 for them to arrange the refunds etc. I thought Flight Centre wasn't able to do this as per the ACCC so why can HelloWorld do this?

Thanks,

Lou S.
Lou S.

Doing the same to us. Also charging commission that they would have made on flights and car hire.

Alma Z.
Alma Z.

I paid $5600 for flights to Malta. I am getting a refund of $4770 from Emirates but Helloworld are keeping the other $830 for their commission and fees!!!!! They offered to hold this $830 as a store credit to use on anything in the next 2 years. I could have had the whole amount as a credit but who knows when will can fly again. Not happy but cant be bothered fighting them. At least I am not technically losing money. Will never use a travel agent again. Directly through the airline in future.

JC33

I got a full refund through Flight Centre which took just less than 4 weeks but that was only after huge public pressure was applied. Direct is the only way I would book in the future. I have had a couple of past experiences with Helloworld both good and bad so why would I risk it?

Janet M.

Janet M.asked

I had flights cancelled by Finn Air and Qantas for flying May 16th due to Covid 19. I don't seem to be able to get a clear answer as to when we will receive the refund from Hello World. Flights were cancelled in March by the airline. Can anyone tell me?

Bruce P.

Bruce P.asked

The QANTAS flights that I booked and paid for have been cancelled, so I want a refund. I have tried to call Helloworld's Online Team on 1300722501 but they do not answer the call. After listening to ringtone for 3 hours, they kill the call without answering. I did that twice today. Six hours of listening to ring tone for nothing!!! How can I talk to someone at Helloworld?

Get an answer from our members and helloworld representatives