helloworld

helloworld

Listing monitored by helloworld

• Trip Completed Yes (7) · No (33)
  • Ease of Booking

David
David

Waste of Time

Went in to see if we could get some destination suggestions at their Mornington Office…They didn’t have any!
All they wanted was for you to tell them where you wanted to go and they looked it up on the internet!
We could do that!
We were told that they would look up cruise options for this year and call us back……No call!
Every question was met with a shrug of the shoulders.

Disappointed Customer
Disappointed CustomerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Appalling and Abysmal Customer Experience

Rude and traumatising experience

peter
peterGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Golden Square , Very Average and Incompetent

I have booked 3 Holidays with them . They all had issues of some sort . I think the worst was the attachment of a cancelled Travel insurance with my final tickets .(Which I didn't cancel)
When queried it was a rather pretentious attitude I got from the owner.
Steer Clear from this place .

Luckily now , I have found another local travel agent who is willing to go the extra mile

Ease of Booking

cwc
cwcSouth East Queensland, QLD

Do not recommend Helloworld Sunnybank Hills

Went into helloworld sunnybank hills looking to potentially book with them. Told the travel agent roughly what we wanted. The response I received was no, I can't do four countries in 4 to 5 weeks in Europe. She then proceeded to tell me to only go to two places. She also wasn't able to help at 2.30pm because she was leaving.

Tim S.
Tim S.South East Queensland, QLD

Lack of customer service

I dropped into a Helloworld office today to ask what the current covid rules were for flying into NZ then back to Australia. I was advised that they would only tell me that after I book a trip with them...
All I was after was some information and then would have happily taken a quote from them. Needless to say, I will not be considering them for any travel plans now or in the future.

Don't bother with helloworld. Just go straight to the airline and save yourself the money.

Gabriela
GabrielaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very poor costumer service

I've contacted an agent to book a flight with a long stopover for me, but as she couldn't find a flight with a long stopover, I thanked her and booked myself a 18h stopover flight through the airline website. To my surprise this was her ironic answer:
"I wouldn’t have thought staying in an airport for 18 hours would be a good option however I could have also provided this to you. Please don’t keep our store’s details for your future travel enquiries."
I wouldn't contact Helloworld again or suggest it to anyone due to its poor customer service.

James W.South East Queensland, QLD

Terrible and Unconscionable Conduct

My Mum Aunty and Nanna have been ripped off by Helloworld Redbank/Booval. They spent $50,000 on a dream once in a lifetime trip to Europe. Then Covid happened.
2 years later and the agent at Helloworld is holding my ageing mum and nanna to ransom. This is a lifetime if savings for pensioners and this conduct from Helloworld is unconscionable.
My Mum is exhausted from trying to get honest answers. Unable to use the insurance that was provided by Helloworld and unable to use the return airfares to Euope. Unfortunately due to my Nannas age it's too risky to fly to Europe during these covid times.
I would avoid booking any travel through Helloworld. There is a lack if transparency, honesty and support.
Shame on you Helloworld.

RebeccaSydney Surrounds, NSW

Won’t refund our money

Wow I can’t believe I’m not the only person Helloworld has ripped off. Air Canada sent me 3 refund receipts in May and July confirming they had refunded our $7850 to Helloworld after many emails to them (Helloworld) they said they don’t have our money air Canada has it.
So today Sunday morning I spent quite a length time on my mobile phone taking to Air Canada and they said they can confirm Helloworld have our money. I can’t believe the lies they spin. So I have given them 7 days to pay or I will begin legal action against them.

Wazza
Wazza

Total Neglect

Terrible

We had to cancel extensive travel bookings due to covid. Travel agent lied about reason for delays to obtain refund for over 12 months then went into liquidation.

Qantas confirmed our flights to Europe were never paid for, where did our money go?

This company needs to be investigated.

Worst service I’ve ever experienced

Hello world Wodonga a bunch of rude people. They say you write nasty emails when you ask questions. Don’t email with updates and when you email them they get mad. Still haven’t got refunds. Took massive chunk of our money because of covid for themselves and lied about it.

I asked questions and the owner replied with this? I was not rude and her personal life should not be a customers concern. Never again.

lyndalls1Hunter Region, NSW

Helloworld online. Very very slow to respond to emails to redeem credit voucher

lyndalls1

Resending my emails to helloworld online daily. Hoping!! for a response

lyndalls1

Finally had a response after 15 days of daily emailing!! Nothing definite as yet in regard to new booking as supposedly nowwaiting on ticket quote. Will keep this posting up to date if any change

Hfg
HfgLaunceston, TAS

Stay clear

Booked overseas trip before Covid and had it cancelled. They took a large commission from the airline refund and haven’t been very helpful in following up on other outlays. I wouldn’t use again.

James W.asked

Should Helloworld provide an eticket to confirm that the booking was made?
Tried to contact airline but they need an eticket. Redbank Helloworld not assisting with refunds. Only keen to rebook $50k of travel but can't use airline credit as it was an international ticket. Surely there are funds to be refunded?

James W.asked

My Mum booked a trip to Europe in 2020 with Helloworld Redbank/Booval.
Spent $50,000 as it was for her Mum (first time overseas) and sister as a special occasion and has been told that she won't get a refund. Flights with Qantas and Finnair. They also had travel insurance through the same Franchisee.
Helloworld claim that the flights can't be reused as they were a special fare. Surely under the circumstances of a world with Covid these could be refunded?
The river cruise allegedly can't be refunded either? I find this astonishing and unbelievable. Someone is profiteering from this and unfortunately to pensioners, this is life savings, and a dream once in a lifetime trip which is now a disappointing battle with Helloworld Booval.
ACCC and Helloworld Head Office have been contacted for support.
If nothing comes of this then they have to pay more money to a solicitor to try and recover the costs or at least part of it.

Rebecca

Can you claim via insurance?

Dusty
Dusty
StevenToni S.
StevenToni S.asked

Is there anyone out there????
Helloworld Mandurah has our Qantas and United Airline flight credits as a result of Covid.
There is a vacant office with a sign on the door with contact details. The phone number is switched off, and the email is non responsive. We have tried contacting them via Home office, but only messages are taken and again, with no response.
Last September we were able to redeem some Qantas Credits, but since then we have had NO RESPONSE whatsoever to our request for a statement showing the balance of our credits and also how we can redeem them, since we cant contact anyone. We have tried EVERY avenue to get a response, but in all cases, no reply or response from anyone. The airlines just refer us back to the nonexistent travel agent, Helloworld.
How do we get our credits so we can use them before they expire?

Get an answer from our members and helloworld representatives