helloworld

helloworld

See the Best Booking Services in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

No support little service

Poor service considering Hello world Tuggarah are in a service industry. Attention to detail missing, not transparent with bookings and the client does all the follow up. Poor communicater also. I could not recommend.

Terrible communication

Poor service and communication for sure they don’t call you back when you have asked for a quote. Could not give me an itinerary of my trip before booking. Once I walked in to pay the lady was shocked that I even came back and had no idea what to do or prices to pay. Post paying nil further communication despite requesting an itinerary multiple times. Not happy and we haven’t even left yet

Booking Type Accomodation, Flights and Visa

Misleading And Over Charges With No Explanation Or Resolution

Extremely unhappy with Hello World. Over charged and refused credit, told would get a credit on account which has deemed useless as they have lied about travel services they no longer can provide. Still will not provide me with full credit. Abusive staff. Management ignores the issue. Do not use this company!

Booking Type Cruise

This is the reason I don’t book flights through travel agents

Holiday was booked through helloworld Elanora by other family members. After being made redundant and not being able to take the flight I had to call them (11/02/19) to see what the options were for either cancellation or rescheduling. They said they will call me back and let me know. No phone call back, and without confirming with me they cancelled my flight tickets (14/02/19). I now have to wait for a refund which I was only told today in could take up to 12 weeks. ....Totally unacceptable.
The travel agent ‘expert’ has made other mistakes with other family members holiday details and and has been passing the blame.

Booking Type Flights

Haven't left yet and already not happy

My wife decided to use hello world to book our family holiday (us and 2 children (8 and 2) to France via Singapore. Checked out itinerary 3 weeks prior to leaving and noticed our agent had booked us for a 12:15am flight when we were still supposed to be sleeping in the hotel (and had therefore charged us and paid for an extra, now useless, night - at $400 p/night!)
We let the agent know of the mistake. She tried to contact the hotel but they then informed her that my son had not had a bed included for him for the other 4 nights we were there and they were not willing to refund the cost of the extra night....
This is the entire reason people use travel agents! So they don't have to worry about problems like this. You would think if this was your job you would be able to work out flight times, etc properly...
We haven't left yet but already have a bad taste in my mouth and week never use this company again.

Booking Type Accomodation and Flights

I would like to know how they can charge $120 extra than all other travel agents and Qantas themselves.

Went to book and was told there was a service fee, which would be $120 more than price quoted by Qantas and all other travel agents. Is it because were up north? Shouldn't be allowed.

Very bad customer service

" do not use helloworld "Terrible customer service ???!!!
, we booked with them they messed up return flight ,they would only replace with a inferior flight because cost was an issue when I complained the supervisor said contact fair trade !

Booking Type Flights

Poor communication and problem resolution ability

I used Helloworld for the first time for my Family trip in January. It was a very pleasant experience in the beginning, and I obtained my tickets with no problems. However, the excursion I booked had a portion cancelled due to weather, and was told by the tour to contact my agent for a refund. I did so, and was told by HW it would take 2-4 weeks, as the agency they bought the excursion from must respond. It has now been 5 weeks and no response from whatever agency Helloworld is waiting on. The problem is not the refund, it is the helloworld agents lack of follow up and communications to me. It seems they rely one email and then feel content to wait, and simply say 2-4 weeks. I haven't heard from the Helloworld agent for over 3 weeks, and feel I am no longer important to them. Their ability to resolve problems and customer service is very poor. I will not use them again.

Booking Type Accomodation, Car Hire, Flights and Tour

Change fee higher than direct booking

I booked domestic Virgin flights with HelloWorld. To change flights directly would have been $90 change fee plus difference in flight cost. Helloworld charges $102 plus another $10 service charge per ticket (I was told Virgin charge them that amount). There was no benefit in using Helloworld and ended up costing me more. I had to go with helloworld to change the flights as they were originally booked through them. I won't use them again.

Awful.

Terrible service. Was quoted a price for Japan holiday only to find out later I could book the same holiday myself for around $800 cheaper. The owner of this company is also Andrew Burnes who is a Liberal party heavyweight and I will not give ONE cent of my hard earned money to him or this company. Especially when they seem to have no problem giving free holidays to their mates in politics.

Booking Type Accomodation and Flights

Helloworld use to be Flight Centre...

Called to ask them to quote a simple trip but once i saw the price it was a shocker. a quick google search could lower the price by 25% at least.

Did some more googling on this company and they use to be Flight Centre which made it to the news about underpaying staff and ripping off customers. Mark ups are done manually by staff as it increases their commission.

I would advise you to stay away from this mob, i'm sure you will get better value and service anywhere but from Helloworld.

Hi Vicky, We are sorry to hear of your disappointment. Helloworld retail offices are independently owned and operated, we would suggest talking to the Manager of the office regarding any pricing issues. Helloworld has never been Flight Centre, Kind regardsI take back what i said where Helloworld use to be Flight centre, but pricing is horrible.

Don’t do it

I am usually not the kind that writes bad reviews, but I want to warn others. I was recently on a grip trip booked through HelloWorld. It was very overpriced for the sort of quality that we got (cheap hostels in dodgy areas of Paris, lots of inaccuracies regarding what sites were open or closed even though the information was pubically available, very expensive flight prices etc). But was was worst was a lack of transparency. They are very happy to take your money but do not provide details of where exactly your money has been spent. There is also a marked lack of communication (unless they want to provide you with the payment details or throw in last minute charges).

In this day an age, it’s best to organise it all yourself if you are just going on a conventional holiday. But if you do need a travel agent for whatever reason, do not go with HelloWorld. The industry are full of dodgy practices and this agency is no exception. Whatever company you decide to go to, do your research.

Hi Mary, We are sorry to hear of your disappointment. The helloworld retail stores are independently owned and operated and we don't have access to the details of the trip. May we ask that you email the store Manager directly to discuss the matter further ? Kind Regards

Terrible, Rude and Unprofessional Customer service by email & Phone

Emailed Helloworld south Melbourne to get quote and got prompt reply by [name removed] and couple of email forward and back.

Told [name removed] that got quote from other flight centre and STA travel and fwd their quote and left my no in the email but no response by [name removed].

Called the store and left no twice with staff name [name removed] even after couple of hours no response called third time and was told by [name removed] that they are short if staff over xmas time and they are a walk in store and very busy and if urgent go to other companies where I got quote from.

Really rude and unprofessional customer service by [name removed] and by Helloworld travel south Melbourne, if this is how they treat their potential customer what would be the fate of their customers ??

After couple of hours got Called from [name removed] and she apologized for not returning the call and told her about the behaviour of her work mate and she was like oh.. I am sorry but she did not meant it.

Told her to sent the quote and she a very very expensive quote instead of lowering the quote from flight centre. She did the quote very fast and did not dedicate or put efforts to seriously help me.

I can get a better deal than that through myself on Internet, why we need travel agents

Hi Ashok007, We are sorry to hear this. We will pass on the feedback to the store Manager. Kind Regards

Must be getting a Jetstar kickback.

Very very angry that hello world booked us with worst carrier Jetstar. They must be getting a kickback as we were given no options other than Jetstar, even though, with all the added extras they were not the cheapest. Our agent knew we wanted to shop and were concerned about weight but didn’t even bother to tell us we could have flown with Hawaiian air and had 64kg included checked luggage ....no extra cost!!!! The agents job was to get us the best deal to suit our needs but she didn’t even look at any other carrier, very very poor service. will never use hello world again, and I suggest to anyone else to do your own research and go in there armed with facts. Don’t rely on them to do any research on your behalf....it won’t happen!!

I complained about something that happened on my helloworld trip to the Eatons Hill store

I complained to Eatons Hill Hello World about some issues I had with our recent trip. I then contacted Hello World direct because I had not even had a response and have still not had any response good or bad from anyone. Shocking customer service!

European trip

Was charged like a wounded bull was not informed of alternative places and always had to follow up no communication from them

Always there to help

We always use the Helloworld office in Ninth Ave Rosebud and have never been disappointed. Due to a family illness we needed to re-arrange various aspects of our six week Europe holiday from late August. The staff (on this occasion Caitlin & Geoff) made numerous phone calls to the travel groups we had booked with to assist us and we received a better than expected outcome. Many customers complain about using travel agents but as a family we have never encounted any issues with the team at Helloworld Ninth Ave and from our personal experiences would always recommend them.

I went in to Sunnybank Hills store to ask for a quote on hotels for the night and the travel agent was so rude and condescending! I was appalled at the manner in which she spoke to me, like she couldn’t be bothered working it out for me. I got up and walked out letting her know exactly how she made me feel. I will never go back. How does she keep her job!

Run as fast as you can and save your money.

I don’t write reviews to be vicious or for retaliation I genuinely want to warn other people and save them from a terrible experience. Truly be warned, these are the worst travel agents I have ever used. Not sure they can even call themselves real travel agents when they are simply a 4th party travel provider/reseller. Run, run, run as fast as you can go elsewhere or simply go online. This is honestly all HelloWorld do is booked your holiday online and then resell you the other 3rd party travel provider deal. Our entire European trip was booked by HelloWorld who actually then booked our holiday through Qantas Holidays (we did not fly qantas), Expedia (yes can you believe hotels were booked through expedia) and then another 3rd party travel arranger for another hotel and car service. Why is this so bad, firstly they don’t disclose any of this information to you, booking through all these different travel providers means your bound by each companies many different terms and conditions and none of this is disclosed to you at all, and lastly this means you have no control at all over your travel arrangements. You cant upgrade or cancel or amend anything not the flights or hotel because it has all been purchased through discount resellers! Asked to upgrade one hotel as it was not we expected and was told by the hotel direct sorry its all booked through expedia nothing we can do to help or change it. . Also we had KLM flights booked, it is their company policy to oversell flights and we were told our travel agent should have known this and told us this. They told us nothing and as a result we were unable to board a flight paid 8 weeks in advance. Lastly, we decided to cancel our flights as HelloWorld were unable to find a new flight that suited us at a reasonable price (something most travel agents should be able to to) and when we inquired as to how much refund we would receive we were told only the taxes and additional airline fees. We were told it would cost $550 fee to cancel the flights and we were informed the this was the exact price paid for a return European flight…so therefore all you will get back is the taxes of around $150. Nothing you can do to fight it as no pricing is ever disclosed but I don’t think anyone believes in a return flight to Europe costing $550 and it just happens to be the cancellation cost is the exact same price. Be warned this business is not honest and upfront about what they are reselling. I could write much more just in regards to how bad the booking of this trip was but I wont say anything more other than I do not recommend in handling over $1 to HelloWorld for any travel booking, i believe that they keep their customers in the dark to make money and the customer service is just shockingly terrible (no care or remorse and most times not even polite to their customers).
Stores used HelloWorld Lisarow and Tuggerah NSW

Hello Sonia, Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear of the circumstances that propmted you to write. We take reviews such as yours very serious and therefore we have passed on your feedback to the agency owner. Feedback such as yours can play a vital role in future training and development. Kind regards, Customer Support

Upsetting behaviour

our holiday wasn't a big one but important to us , staff member was pushy and uninterested . Had to,change dates because flights went up twice. Ended up going elsewhere and getting flights and accommodation cheaper, with someone who was very happy to help me. Sent a very polite email saying we weren't going ahead and I thought that was it. Last week ran into her walking at the beach and endured the nastiest glare from her . VERY UPSETTING .

Dear DLC, We are very sorry to hear of your disappointment. May we ask which store you are referring to ? Kind regards