Online, Branches
See the Best Banks in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Heritage Bank

MICK
MICKSouth East Queensland, QLD

service refused!

I've been with this bank since around 2001/02 . went in 2 weeks ago only to be refused service as I did not consent to being scanned in via the qr code, (this is 'mandatory' which is not legal,, not law,) and a breach of the privacy act 1988 , the teller then dissabled the atm I went to in the foyer so I couldn't get cash out. She kept saying she couldn't serve me unless I scanned in, which is a lie, as that's illegal, I am now seeking legal advice, people first? I don't think so

TopicATM Experience and General Transactions
David L.South East Queensland, QLD

They lie about being "people first"

scott dyer
scott dyerGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Have been asking for more documents alteast 20 times

I am trying to get a construction loan with them.
They aren’t looking at the documents properly and continually are asking for more. I had conditional approval months ago and all they wanted was a car loan document. That was literally months ago. I now have a building permit and they are holding the whole job up and costing me money in lossed income from rent as the completion date keeps getting pushed back. My brokers and I are at our wits end
I started this in March and it’s now august.
Absolutely defeated

Hi Scott,
We’re sorry to hear you’re disappointed with your experience. If you’d like to talk to someone about it,
please email info@heritage.com.au with your contact details, or call our 24/7 Contact Centre on 13 14
22.

Dasisnichtgut
Dasisnichtgut

Do not get a Heritage Card after reading my story

Vanessa R.
Vanessa R.South East Queensland, QLD

Heritage Bank - Stay Away

I have been a customer with Heritage since they were a Building Society. They are not that organisation anymore. Words that spring to mind to describe them now are: condescending, understaffed and incompetent. I don't believe this organisation has much of a future under current management, so if you are a current customer, I would recommend that you withdraw your funds and settle any liabilities with them ASAP. If you were considering becoming a customer, don't. If you were thinking about working for them, read this first: https://www.seek.com.au/companies/heritage-bank-434068/reviews

Monica
Monica South East Queensland, QLD

Thank god for reviews!

I really want to leave CBA after near 36 years with them. This was my first stop. Based off these beyond shocking reviews I’ll keep looking. It’s a hard world but I think Heritage Bank better improve ASAP! We don’t want the bigger banks but you’ve got to STAND OUT for the better right?

Rude customer service

Talked to an operator, Chris. Chris was very unprofessional, demeaning and condescending. He seemed to not have patience and was expecting you information they require upon the first call of an enquiry.

Heritage BankHeritage Bank

Hi Ruvimbo. Sorry to hear to your thoughts about your experience. We would like to address any issues you experienced. If you'd like, please email us at info@heritage.com.au with some contact details and we will arrange for someone to get in touch.

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Charlie A
Charlie ASouth East Queensland, QLD

This made me think

Thanks Matt. I just sold our house and was looking to move my funds to Heritage as I thought they might be better. Now I have to do more due diligence.

Matt JamesGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Incompetence

Matt James

Get stuffed. You clowns are incompetent to the highest degree, cost us $15k and do not care in the slightest.

I strongly insist Heritage be avoided wherever possible, particularly if you have any sort of deadline.

Find out how Heritage Bank compares to other Banks

Telling your kids we've lost our dream home

Heritage BankHeritage Bank

This bank is still living in the 19th century.

The online banking portal never lets me log in, despite me entering my member number and password correctly every time. (This is not user error!) It then restricts access for a period of time due to too many failed attempts.

As I couldn't access my online banking portal due to the website's issues, I decided to start a live chat with one of the customer service reps, who then told me that I would need to call their call centre to have the bank statements sent out to me, and there would be a FEE(!!!) to do so.

I don't have a very high opinion of banks as a whole, but Heritage Bank is a joke.

Punky
Punky

Like everywhere else, sadly

Mopar 67Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Absolutely disgusting how they make you wait so long!!

Heritage BankHeritage Bank

We're sorry to hear you're disappointed with your experience and would like to investigate this further. Can you please email us at info@heritage.com.au with some contact details so we can look into this and get in touch with you?

James
JamesGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The worst bank lender I have ever ever used

They are painfully slow, incredibly out of date operationally and no one takes responsibility. They change the goalposts last minute when it suits. I will NEVER use them again and can't wait to refinance out and away from this archaic bank.

HonSydney, NSW

Slow and no response

I applied for a home loan with Heritage. But the application process is way too slow and they don't keep up to the processing time they promised. They are really frustrating to deal with. I had to borrow money from elsewhere to settle and apply for refinance. Could have lost my 10% deposit if I have to rely on them. Worst experience ever.

willy m.
willy m.asked
Online

How can know if the letterhead for agreement by heritage bank is genuine, do you have valid formal for such important papers.?

Heritage BankHeritage Bank

We always suggest for people to contact Heritage Bank directly if they are concerned with the authenticity of any communications received from Heritage Bank. You can do this by calling us on 13 14 22, emailing info@heritage.com.au or visiting your nearest Heritage branch.

John F.asked
Online

Hi,
I applied for a home loan at heritage bank the finance was due on 11 May 2021 , when I contacted them , they asked me more payslip . Luckily the seller grant me an extension for seven days, however, it come to my attention that the settlement is due two days after finance. When I asked heritage bank if I can request an extension for settlement, they told me to not asked,as they can manage to settle in two days. I am now worry if this is just a way of telling me that the settlement will not happen and my application is unlikely to progress for final approval. I feel like it will not be fair if the finance declined, as I have a very good credit score, I have a solid work history: I put almost 30% deposit. I am now stressed for Heritage bank not be transparent with me.

Hon

Don’t count on them. I was told the same and they could not keep their promise. Lucky I didn’t trust them.

Hi Hon,
I am now so confusing, and the finance is just nearby on due date. Is it possible to apply somewhere else @ this stage?

Hon

looks like you haven't even got their formal approval. It takes them at least another week to get documents ready after the approval. Then you need to add the time for them to review the signed documents etc. I doubt it will be ready. I was told the big 4 banks can turn it around much quicker but they lend less. Might worth checking out.

Mary S.