Online, Branches
See the Best Banks in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Heritage Bank

Telling your kids we've lost our dream home

Heritage B.Heritage Bank

This bank is still living in the 19th century.

The online banking portal never lets me log in, despite me entering my member number and password correctly every time. (This is not user error!) It then restricts access for a period of time due to too many failed attempts.

As I couldn't access my online banking portal due to the website's issues, I decided to start a live chat with one of the customer service reps, who then told me that I would need to call their call centre to have the bank statements sent out to me, and there would be a FEE(!!!) to do so.

I don't have a very high opinion of banks as a whole, but Heritage Bank is a joke.

Punky
Punky

Poorly trained staff (like everywhere else)

Mopar 67Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Absolutely disgusting how they make you wait so long!!

Heritage B.Heritage Bank

We're sorry to hear you're disappointed with your experience and would like to investigate this further. Can you please email us at info@heritage.com.au with some contact details so we can look into this and get in touch with you?

James
JamesGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The worst bank lender I have ever ever used

They are painfully slow, incredibly out of date operationally and no one takes responsibility. They change the goalposts last minute when it suits. I will NEVER use them again and can't wait to refinance out and away from this archaic bank.

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
HonSydney, NSW

Slow and no response

I applied for a home loan with Heritage. But the application process is way too slow and they don't keep up to the processing time they promised. They are really frustrating to deal with. I had to borrow money from elsewhere to settle and apply for refinance. Could have lost my 10% deposit if I have to rely on them. Worst experience ever.

874K3mmm
874K3mmm

SCAMMERS

They are partnered with MasterCard and Australia Post in the "Australia Post gift card" scam. Straight up scammers taking your money and you don't even have the ability to use it. They are dodgy and have scammers inside the business, STAY CLEAR!!!

Roy
Roy

Disgusting practices

Heritage stonewalled for weeks on approving our home loan application, with approval coming in weeks after their started timeframes and a week and a half after the finance due date. It's only through the good grace of the sellers that we didn't lose the house. During this time neither we nor our broker was able to get any information or of Heritage.

When the contract arrived it included almost $4000 in previously undisclosed upfront fees, meaning we needed to scramble extra money to make settlement.

If you're considering Heritage for a home loan - don't.

Heritage B.Heritage Bank

Hi, we're sorry to hear about your experience and would like to investigate what happened . Can you please email us at social@heritage.com.au with your contact details and loan application number so we can look into this?

JaR
JaRSouth East Queensland, QLD

Appalling stonewalling during home loan application process by Heritage

Heritage B.Heritage Bank

Hi, we're sorry to hear about your experience. Can you please email us at social@heritage.com.au with your contact details and loan application number? We'll investigate this matter in more detail and get in touch with you to discuss
further.

Dasisnichtgut
Dasisnichtgut

They get paid whether they help you or not

I called the Adelaide Business Manager to inquire about my " business finance", He said how did you get my number ? I said from your website. He had no clue he was on it. He said " I can't help you" . He said " we can't do business loans", he said " can't 4 times in 10 seconds, favourite word. They need to pay these clowns commission only and they might qualify people a little better. I rang another bank and they said " no problem, we can help" after asking me questions. Massive contrast to the Heritage rep. I am writing to Heritage Head Office now to tell them of my rejection. They don't need your business !

Tahria H.
Tahria H.South East Queensland, QLD

Terrible customer service and approval processes

Belinda Connor
Belinda ConnorDarling Downs, QLD

ATM didn’t dispense my money for my daughter’s birthday on a weekend FURIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!

Used a Heritage Bank ATM at Clifford Gardens Toowoomba. I wanted to withdraw $350 for a party for my daughter. The dispenser kept making noises for around 2 minutes. The money was not dispensed I am so angry this has never happened at any atm and I’ve traveled all over the world and used them. If the money is not in my account ASAP I’m changing banks.

Dek_1
Dek_1South East Queensland, QLD

Uchoose, vanilla, giftcards,com.au and many others

Heritage bank is supporting merchants such as the ones listed above and many more. I received 7000 in gift cards from uchoose, which are almost completely unusable. ACCC & AFCA have been reported to, they charge fees from 2 months- they aren't accepted, if they are apparently there is a 20% mark up- they also have fees taken out for phoning the "Merchant" in this case is oxygen (global I believe) for heritage to support these absolutely fraudulent organizations who are clearly taking advantage of people is absolutely abhorrent

Lee
Lee

very bad call centre

i called the call centre to adjust my debit card n she only demanded my debit card number nothing else, whats the point having security questions?? n when i asked how much to call this call centre she said its free but it cost me more than $10 for 2mins call. very dumb people!!!

Heritage B.Heritage Bank

Hi Lee, we'd like to investigate this further. Can you please email us at social@heritage.com.au with a contact phone number so we can get in touch and chat about this in more detail?

AKB
AKBQLD, 4500

Terrible policies.

Branch service is great but if you want a home loan try somewhere else. 40% deposit for an investment property, with long term reliable tenants, that yields an income 30% above the repayment rate is not enough to secure a loan.

TopicLoan Application

Read more reviews - page 2

willy m.
willy m.asked
Online

How can know if the letterhead for agreement by heritage bank is genuine, do you have valid formal for such important papers.?

John F.asked
Online

Hi,
I applied for a home loan at heritage bank the finance was due on 11 May 2021 , when I contacted them , they asked me more payslip . Luckily the seller grant me an extension for seven days, however, it come to my attention that the settlement is due two days after finance. When I asked heritage bank if I can request an extension for settlement, they told me to not asked,as they can manage to settle in two days. I am now worry if this is just a way of telling me that the settlement will not happen and my application is unlikely to progress for final approval. I feel like it will not be fair if the finance declined, as I have a very good credit score, I have a solid work history: I put almost 30% deposit. I am now stressed for Heritage bank not be transparent with me.

Hon

Don’t count on them. I was told the same and they could not keep their promise. Lucky I didn’t trust them.

Hi Hon,
I am now so confusing, and the finance is just nearby on due date. Is it possible to apply somewhere else @ this stage?

Hon

looks like you haven't even got their formal approval. It takes them at least another week to get documents ready after the approval. Then you need to add the time for them to review the signed documents etc. I doubt it will be ready. I was told the big 4 banks can turn it around much quicker but they lend less. Might worth checking out.

Mary S.