Online, Branches

Belinda Connor

Belinda ConnorDarling Downs, QLD

ATM didn’t dispense my money for my daughter’s birthday on a weekend FURIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!

Used a Heritage Bank ATM at Clifford Gardens Toowoomba. I wanted to withdraw $350 for a party for my daughter. The dispenser kept making noises for around 2 minutes. The money was not dispensed I am so angry this has never happened at any atm and I’ve traveled all over the world and used them. If the money is not in my account ASAP I’m changing banks.

TopicATM Experience
Dek_1

Dek_1South East Queensland, QLD

Uchoose, vanilla, giftcards,com.au and many others

Heritage bank is supporting merchants such as the ones listed above and many more. I received 7000 in gift cards from uchoose, which are almost completely unusable. ACCC & AFCA have been reported to, they charge fees from 2 months- they aren't accepted, if they are apparently there is a 20% mark up- they also have fees taken out for phoning the "Merchant" in this case is oxygen (global I believe) for heritage to support these absolutely fraudulent organizations who are clearly taking advantage of people is absolutely abhorrent

Lee

Lee

very bad call centre

i called the call centre to adjust my debit card n she only demanded my debit card number nothing else, whats the point having security questions?? n when i asked how much to call this call centre she said its free but it cost me more than $10 for 2mins call. very dumb people!!!

Heritage B.Heritage Bank

Hi Lee, we'd like to investigate this further. Can you please email us at social@heritage.com.au with a contact phone number so we can get in touch and chat about this in more detail?

AKB

AKBQLD, 4500

Terrible policies.

Branch service is great but if you want a home loan try somewhere else. 40% deposit for an investment property, with long term reliable tenants, that yields an income 30% above the repayment rate is not enough to secure a loan.

Ant

Ant

People First ... I don't think so!!!

Called on weekend and was notified of interest rate. Deposited money next business day. Same day interest rate was bumped down by .15% however I didn't find out until several days later. Contacted them to withdraw funds given I was not notified of the changing rate and was told i would lose my interest as it was a condition of interest that no withdrawals are made in the month. I suggested that given the circumstances they should override the penalty however they wouldn't have a bar of it. Most banks give their customers advance notice of a rate change however was advised Heritage Bank don't. "Heritage Bank - People Last"

TopicNew Account
Heritage B.Heritage Bank

Hi Ant. We would appreciate the opportunity to look into this further for you. Can you please email us at info@heritage.com.au with a contact phone number so we can get in touch?

San

SanSouth East Queensland, QLD

GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE

Heritage branch at Springwood in QLD has outstanding service. Every time I go there, the staff are caring and so professional. Michael went above and beyond in helping me get my transaction through as smoothly as possible. WELL DONE everyone, you bring back days of old where your genuine interest in helping others shines through!!!!

Heritage B.Heritage Bank

Hi San. Thank you so much for the great feedback. We're so happy to hear you've had a great experience. We'll be sure to pass this on to the Springwood team for you - it will make their day!

Joffa a.

Joffa a.South East Queensland, QLD

No such thing as insurance with this company

TopicCredit Card Application and General Transactions

a1meGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Ridiculously low inter bank transfer limits

Shane

ShaneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Cannot even send money to my suppliers - I am calling Heritage bank regularly due to not being allowed to send money

next day payment and still not allowed to send money to other banks. I love the no fees but if i cannot even send money, Im looking at other banks

Heritage B.Heritage Bank

Hi Shane, can you please give us a call on 13 14 22 so our team can take a look at this for you and see what options are available? Our contact centre team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Jo HSouth East Queensland, QLD

Used to provide good service - would not recommend now

We have banked with Heritage Bank now for close to 8 years. In the beginning the service we received was friendly, personable and helpful. However, in recent years we have found the service is lacking. We tried to open a business account but the requirements made this impossible (topped off with rude customer service) - we went to St George and had no issues with opening an account. In addition, I find it difficult to pay $300 a year in fees on a mortgage account when I'm already paying $16,000 a year in interest, particularly when the service is subpar. We are actively looking elsewhere for a better deal with better customer service and I would recommend others do the same.

TopicBusiness Banking and General Transactions
Jo H

I have already spoken to someone about my issue and I wasn't listened to, nor my issue resolved. I'm looking around now for another bank.

hensbury

hensburySouth East Queensland, QLD

Bpay is taking to long to transfer

We have used Heritage bank for 25 years and never had problems, but their Bpay is useless, we had transferred money to the tax department on the 27th of October, and on the 5th of November got a message from the tax dept asking where the money was since it was due on the 28th, it only suppose to take one day to transfer I believe, I am so annoyed right now....We did the right thing, changing banks I think because this cannot happen again...

Geoff

GeoffSouth East Queensland, QLD

Branch no longer assists the elderly needing help

TopicBusiness Banking and General Transactions
Aidan M.

Aidan M.

Should have stayed with commenwelth

After a store refused to issue my refund after receipt issued and refund approved, I went into my local branch to see what my options were, well that was a waste of fuel, we can't do anything we can't see the transaction, refused to help because I was a online transaction, I'll be going back to the big 4 that's for sure

Heritage B.Heritage Bank

Hi Aidan, we're sorry to hear about your experience and would like to look into this for you. Can you please email us at social@heritage.com.au with a contact phone number so we can get in touch?

RebekahDarling Downs, QLD

Absolute pathetic excuse for a declined loan

Rebekah

Great rates, but that's it

Heritage bank offers great rates (currently about 0.2% lower than the main 4) but that's where the pro's end. The bank has forms for almost anything you want to do (eg. to redraw money from my home loan), long wait times for phone support and multiple issues with their online (such as you need to type the password in slowly or it errors out, and the eStatement feature doesn't work).

Anthony
Anthony
Heritage B.Heritage Bank

Hi Anthony, we would really appreciate the opportunity to speak with you about these matters so we can try to address them. Can you please email us at social@heritage.com.au with a contact phone number so we can get in touch? Thank you

Find out how Heritage Bank compares to other Banks

Extremely poor, could not even start the process for a Mortage!

I tried to apply for a mortgage with Heritage and I followed up over 10 times across a three-week period and they simply couldn't take all my completed forms and submit them to credit. Dont waste your time with a bank that obviously doesn't care!

Mark Johnstone
Mark Johnstone

Sent an email to you with the details.

Sarah-JGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Regretful & frustrating experience. Be very wary... the negative reviews make a lot of sense!!

TopicNew Account
Heritage B.Heritage Bank

Home Loan application nightmare.

Heritage B.Heritage Bank

Hi Doug, we'd like to refer your concerns to the customer relations team to look into further. Can you please email us social@heritage.com.au with a contact phone number so they can get in touch with you?

DougF
DougF

Not a chance in the world.

Clea

CleaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Friendly staff and affordable products

I've been with Heritage bank for 4yrs now with home loan and everyday accounts. Anytime I phone up I speak to someone who is friendly and can 9.9/10 times answer any questions I may have. I live in Victoria and have still been able to bank with them easily. I hear they're opening a bank up in Vic at some point so that will make it even easier. I was previously with CBA for over 10yrs and was never treated as well.

TopicCredit Card Application, General Transactions and Loan Application

Barely usable

Heritage issue the gift cards marketed by Australia Post. These are virtually unusable online. Uber, paypal, gymshark, David Jones, Menulog, forget all of them. I could go on, but the list is endless. These cards are totally not fit for purpose.

Heritage B.Heritage Bank

Hi, Heritage issues a wide range of VISA Prepaid cards on behalf of prepaid partners, however any product-related features and places cards are accepted are controlled by each particular prepaid card owner.

Lukec

Don't dodge your responsibilities. You issue the cards, you write 'use everywhere Mastercard is accepted' on the packaging. This is a pointless card that will ensure I stay very far away from any other banking products you may have.