Online, Branches

2.1

Home Loan application nightmare.

Clea

CleaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Friendly staff and affordable products

I've been with Heritage bank for 4yrs now with home loan and everyday accounts. Anytime I phone up I speak to someone who is friendly and can 9.9/10 times answer any questions I may have. I live in Victoria and have still been able to bank with them easily. I hear they're opening a bank up in Vic at some point so that will make it even easier. I was previously with CBA for over 10yrs and was never treated as well.

TopicCredit Card Application, General Transactions and Loan Application
Lukec

Lukec

Barely usable

Heritage issue the gift cards marketed by Australia Post. These are virtually unusable online. Uber, paypal, gymshark, David Jones, Menulog, forget all of them. I could go on, but the list is endless. These cards are totally not fit for purpose.

Heritage B.Heritage Bank

Hi, Heritage issues a wide range of VISA Prepaid cards on behalf of prepaid partners, however any product-related features and places cards are accepted are controlled by each particular prepaid card owner.

$6k missing out of my account

Heritage Bank administer Qantas Cash. $6k goes missing out of my account on 31.8.2020. Where is it? No where apparently! Keep chasing them up and getting fobbed off. Apparently it is being reviewed. Honestly if you can’t find the money after 2 weeks there is something seriously broken with your internal processes.

melagil

It is your financial license and ultimately your responsibility.

Peter YSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent Home Loans and Credit Card rates lower than the big 4 Banks. Excellent Customer Service.

Have been Switched to Heritage Bank Home Loans and Credit Cards as being with ME Bank for more than 16 years. We were 2 years into a 5 year fixed loan which was 4.1% but they wanted $6270.00 to break account and would not help so had to change to Heritage Bank as home loan rate is 2.7%. There was no application fee and one of the best home loans rates around and cheaper than the big 4 banks. Plus changed our credit cards to Heritage which was cheaper than ME Bank. 100% recommend others to try Heritage Bank Home Loans and Credit Cards and the staff for the ease of getting loans through. Have been with Heritage Bank over 20 years but was loyal to Me Bank which ended up a big mistake. 100% recommend Kippa Ring Branch.

Worst bank in Australia

Have used this bank for 6 years, cannot wait to leave. Terrible service and endless mistakes, would never recommend them to anyone. Amazing how many other people say the same thing when you tell them of your experiences.

Heritage B.Heritage Bank

Hi Amy, we aim to give our members great banking experiences and are disappointed to hear this. Can you please email us a social@heritage.com.au with your name and contact phone number so chat with you about your experience?

Amy

No thanks, I am not interested in dealing with anyone from Heritage bank unless it is in relation to closing my accounts.

Rob

RobNorthern Region, NSW

Never Ever apply for a home loan through this Bank.

After being financially stable for months and months we decide to purchase our first home. Recommended by family we thought cool sounds good. Oh how I thought wrong 2 months it took to be rejected 2 long painful months letters of declaration, payslips, bordering on unethical questions of children's health the list goes on. If this is your first time or even sixth time run, run as far away as you can from Heritage or it will cost you your mind.

TopicLoan Application and New Account
Roland R.

Roland R.South East Queensland, QLD

Almost 3 months to process an application

Submitted a home loan application late June, with no credit issues, no personal loans, no debts and minimal expenses. After two months of requesting same documents over and over again. Having to send payslips about 7 different times, been in the same job for 4 years full time. They came back to me late August saying loan was rejected. Absolutely shocking of a bank. Regret ever trying with them.

Mon

MonGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Are not "people first"

I signed up back in December have not had a good experience was incorrectly set up with incorrect details and then told I could not get the intoductury interest rate as I am now not a new customer. Worst customer service and very unprofessional do not recommend.

TopicNew Account
Heritage B.Heritage Bank

Hi, sorry to hear you're unhappy with your experience so far; we would like to chat with you and take a closer look at what's happened. Can you please email us a social@heritage.com.au with your name and contact phone number so we can get in touch?

Find out how Heritage Bank compares to other Banks

Nightmare of a mortgage application process

I have been with Heritage for over 16 years, and was happy to bank with them until now. At a time when we needed our bank to step up and help us during a time of crisis, Heritage has let us down and added extra stress by taking an insanely long time to process our application. They seem to be ignoring our equity and excellent credit rating for no good reason, and I'm incredibly frustrated. Before this, I was fairly happy with them other than the expensive overdraw fees and very basic phone app.

Craig

CraigGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Home loan

Our broker advised us to go through heritage bank for a homeLoan. After sending every form, document they asked for Ringing bosses for proof an them saying we will get the loan,Monday comes around an they said no. Even when we had a Family member saying they would go Guarantor To improve our case. Employer saying they would transfer 6month Worth of wage to get us over the Line, Still a no. Now reading all these reviews wish we never went through them.

Heritage B.Heritage Bank

Hi Craig, we would like to chat with you about your experience and take a look at your application in more detail. Can you please email us social@heritage.com.au with some contact details so we can get in touch?

Lisa

LisaDarling Downs, QLD

Unprofessional

I accompanied a friend to heritage bank who needed to have a bank cheque done. My friend told staff at door he needed a bank cheque for $500.Firstly staff at door asked what are you buying? Then teller said: who told you to do this( get a bank cheque), my friend told her its to the insurance, the teller said: if you didn't cause the accident then you don't pay any excess. My friend said: yes I caused the accident.
What's will all the questions by staff?
Its none of staff business why someone needs a bank cheque. My friend has deposited cheques to the bank over the years and staff ask him: where did you get the money from?

Janine

Janine

What a waste of time

Applied for a small loan increase. Told by Buderim branch that we qualified, only to be told after four weeks of us continually submitting more information our application was rejected, despite us having an excellent credit rating and repayment record. What a waste of time. They treat you as a number, not as an individual or on a case by case basis. They just crunch the numbers and according to them if it doesn't add up they reject you. Took four weeks to assess our application. Waste of time and postage. Never again.
Go through a broker or find a better bank!

Kate

KateQueensland

Hopeless

DLShahSouth East Queensland, QLD

Outrageous Settlement Fees on Loan Accounts

I have been with Heritage Bank for a long time now. I have 3 loans under the same account (fixed and 2 variables) I am in the process of refinancing out of Heritage as they were not able to offer me better rate. They are charging me $300 per loan = $900 as disbursement/admin. fee on top of break costs which is absolutely ridiculous compared to other banks. Spoke to someone in Headoffice and they redirected to the manager at Springfield who was very rude and was not willing to listen. Not happy with how this is being handled. Sorry but its NOT People first anymore.

TopicGeneral Transactions and Loan Application
DLShah

I sent an email 5 days ago with the details you have requested but haven't heard from anyone. Can you please confirm when will someone call me to discuss this further. Thanks.

DK Brooks

DK BrooksAU

Great Customer service

I've had an account with Heritage for over 10 years. Call centre wait times are very short and the staff are local and well trained meaning issues are resolved quickly.

Heritage B.Heritage Bank

Thank you so much for the great review. It's great to hear that you've enjoyed your experiences with us for over 10 years now.

Happy Customer

Happy CustomerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Check on transaction

I needed to change banks about 3 years ago. Just due to location I went with Heritage. I use Kippa Ring branch and have always found staff helpful and polite. Also only to willing to help with anything I needed. Today I purchased a new computer online, a larger transaction than I most often make. Staff from head office phoned to check I had made transaction. Very well done on taking steps for security for a customer. I very highly recommend your bank to anyone. Sorry I have forgotten name of lady who phoned me. Thank you Heritage.

Heritage B.Heritage Bank

Thank you for the great feedback about your experiences with us.

Liyanage

LiyanageGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

A Bank which cannot differentiate Expenses and Liabilities

I wonder how they run a bank because they simply have no idea about what’s the difference between expenses and liabilities. We heard such a bank exists through our broker as we wanted to refinance our mortgage from a major bank. After requesting hundreds of documentation over two months, they finally decided not to service our loan, as they considered our daughter’s school fees as a liability not an expense. We pay school fees weekly, however this bank may have thought that we borrowed a loan from the school and we are repaying that :P
Are you serious??? No wonder they have hundreds of negative comments here. Don’t waste your time with this bank! Absolutely hopeless!

Heritage B.Heritage Bank

Hi, we're really sorry to hear about your experience and would like to talk with you about this in more detail. Can you please email us at social@heritage.com.au with your name and a contact phone number so we can get in touch?

dpaul

dpaul

Excellent customer service and competitive home loan rates

Been with Heritage since 2016 for my first home loan and never had an issue. There customer service has always been friendly and helpful. Very competitive interest rates as well.

Heritage B.Heritage Bank

Great to hear you're enjoying your banking experience with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback - we really appreciate it!

trompfy

trompfyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Amazing staff

I would recommend using this bank because the staff are always helpful to their customers and the service is fantastic since their customer service is always open 24 hours a day.

Heritage B.Heritage Bank

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, we really appreciate it.