Online, Branches

• Topics
    • General Transactions (11)
    • New Account (7)
    • Business Banking (5)
    • Loan Application (4)
    • ATM Experience (2)
    • Credit Card Application (1)

Quillero

QuilleroSydney, NSW

The WORSE bank I have ever used! Stay away

Suzan Lovell

Suzan LovellSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

What a waste of resources, appears to be a poorly-run bank - cannot redirect mail

I've brought a house where the previous owners banked with Heritage. Their mail still keeps getting delivered to me 2 years later, despite me 'returning to sender' several times AND spending time on the phone over 4 separate occasions to request they cancel the mail (previous owners have left the country). On the last occasion I spent at least 20 minutes with the Heritage bank rep going through all the possible options to cancel the mail. The Heritage Bank rep on the line assured me that now she had fixed it and I would not receive any more. And today got more mail. What a waste of resources!!! It appears to be a poorly-run bank

Louise McLachlan

Louise McLachlanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Untrained staff

Incorrect account opened by us when guided by staff. Do your own research. The Target Bonus Account must be opened on the first day of the month to get the full months interest for that month. We new about the other conditios and adhered to those. We opened ours on the 6th so missed out on $210 interest for the three weeks of January. Very frustrating. Considering we play the game of chasing the best account for savings. We usually do our own research but relide on the teller's knowledge. We will not do this again.

TopicBusiness Banking
nobody important

nobody importantSydney, NSW

they have the balls to take money from their customers but no balls to get it back for them

bank's motto is people first when it's really is people last, they will take money from their customers when they make an error but when they need to refund scammed money back to their customers they lose their balls by say get a solicitor?

Terrible never use Heritage Bank

• +3
TopicATM Experience, Business Banking, Credit Card Application, General Transactions, Loan Application and New Account

Dave B.

Dave B.Hunter Region, NSW

Unprofessional, unqualified, mockery of a bank

Mark

MarkAustralian Capital Territory

the head doesn't know what the tail is doing!

M M.

M M.South East Queensland, QLD

Not impressed, not coming back

My partner and I went into a heritage branch because we wanted to start a joint account together. When the teller discovered that my partner is not an Australian citizen, the tone quickly changed from pleasant to awkward. It's like we had to apologise for not being Australian citizens. Disgusting!
He started acting very uncomfortable and said how they need many more ID documents from "international people". We just ended up walking away, it was too hard work and he really didn't want us to be there.
. (Bunch of bogans from Toowoomba vibe, i would suggest looking elsewhere.)

TopicNew Account

tried to borrow 10k personal loan secured by 10k cash in an account set up by heritage, it wad declined b

Sarah

Sarah

Worst bank ever

Have 2 accounts a Christmas saver account and a transaction account. After being sent PIN number and bank card cant excess my money now they expect me to go to a branch whilst the girl on the phone was rude and smirked at me very rude and horrible service
If the account cant be excessed unless you go to a branch why allow people to open an account on line
Why can I excess one account without going to a branch but not the other

Andrew G.

Andrew G.South East Queensland, QLD

Great online banking and easy to deal with

I've been with Heritage Bank since forever and have always had great service from them. Their products are generally competitive compared to the market and I like that they are member owned, so beat the big 4 hands down when it comes to good service, acting with integrity and supporting the community.

Their online banking is great, easy to use and the app is great too. Would highly recommend.

TopicATM Experience and General Transactions

Garry

Garry

A Pathetic UNTRAINED ORGANISATION

After 3 Emails with different personal,each stating different requirements to open up a SMSF account
The 2nd Last Email ((now 4 emails) I included a lot lot more than I was asked for & then one Of the IDIOT emailed me that they wanted more information
The Amount of Information I gave them was at least 2-3 Times more than any other Financial bank requires
In the Finish I told them where to go & Delete all (approx 20 pages) I emailed them from their system
Darryl

AppalledSouth East Queensland, QLD

CROOKS

TopicLoan Application

steveDarling Downs, QLD

disgracefull

not good,18months ago was great,gone downhill,will be taking my 250 grand out in feb,and not putting my wives and my super with them,worth nearly a million,so much for there cat,they really need to go back and hire people who care again.

EQ-ON C.

EQ-ON C.Sydney, NSW

one week triple call with no result for opening a bank account

I select the product "Heritage Bank Business Cheque Account" based on review on Mozo website but a big mistake. It took 10 days and they still haven't approve my application. (even not email sent). I called twice and ask for update. Everytime they were looking for more documents (without communicating it). So basically I should call them every 2-3 days to see what they are need. (Is this a right customer service approach). Finally after 10 days, I still not have a bank account open and they are asking for paying 80 dollar for search on the business name. How all other bank can do it via ABN/ACN but you can't?!
I decide to not go ahead with my account. If that is start, it will end up no benefit for me.
Worst bank ever! Really disappointed.

TopicBusiness Banking and New Account
David R.

David R.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst banking system ever

I signed up in Aug 2019 for a savings account with a debit card online. Everything looks fine, including the online ID check. My account was generate and Debit card posted to me. Activate my card, tried to use it and was declined a few times and I can't see anything wrong when I log online to check my account. Rang up the bank and the lady told me that my account is frozen and they need to ID me again, but it can only be done at a Australia Post with paper form. The form will then be posted back to the bank, which will take 10 business before my account is active. This bank has the worst system ever, and no customer communication.

Dissapointing Home Loan

Have been with Heritage for over 30 years had first home loan in 1999 and now want to build.Applied for pre approval late last year and have updated few times this year have had a fixed term deposit. All I want is approval for loan to send to my builder to submit to council to start the process.My land is worth more than I am borrowing but seems this is not a simple process with everything needing to go to valuer first. Tempted to close my accounts and go somewhere else.

TopicLoan Application

daffodil

daffodilGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Customer Service was excellent

I spoke to Timothy today in regard to getting a small transfer done from my Christmas Club to my savings account. Timothy was lovely. So helpful and friendly. I wish all customer service reps were this nice.

Len1010South East Queensland, QLD

No Help No answers & now no confidence

Leo

LeoSouth East Queensland, QLD

5 weeks for a simple personal loan application and still no approval

Cant understand how it takes 5weeks to apply for a personal loan, Multiple follow up phone calls on my behalf. Still no approved loan.
We have our home loan and business accounts with heritage with a squeaky clean credit history.
Had to apply twice because they deleted our file the first time because they were waiting on more information to be sent. The requested information was sent but misplaced.
Multiple apologies but no action.

K V.asked

Is it legal for Banks to charge overdrawn fee's? For example Heritage charges $10 overdrawn fee's.

Anna B.

Anna B.asked

I would like to open a bank account because I’ll be staying here for 5 month Due to work and travel. Now should I open a bank account with heritage bank or Westpac (my friend told me they were good) ? Anyone got any experience?

steve

they are good,somebody scammed me and put negitave comments on,they are really good

Stay away from Heritage!! Westpac are better - also don't use Commonwealth Bank

K V.

After the Bank Royal Commissions the big 4 Westpac, Commonwealth, ANZ and National I wouldn't open a Bank Account with.

Emma

Emmaasked

Should I move my banking from Suncorp to Heritage Bank? Reviews on this forum seem pretty much the same, as in BAD? Sick of the lack of customer service at Suncorp, now looking around to find a bank with real customer service. Does such a thing exist in Australia..? Would really appreciate your help.
Regards
Emma

Len1010

Sometimes it's better to stick with the devil you know rather than try a Devil who might be worse. You never know what a company is like until you have a problem and need their help. The way a company treat you then is all that really matters so far as their credibility. Everyone nowadays talks the big talk, few actually follow through with any tangible action. After being a loyal long term Heritage customer I had my first problem recently (a double up charge) I was treated very poorly and forced to jump through many hoops. I had one of their supposed customer service representatives actually hang up on me after telling me to sort the problem out myself! I have yet to even hear back officially from them as to why I was ignored and why they took the same payment TWICE less than one minute apart. I don't trust Heritage at all anymore.
My best advice is that you should stay away from Heritage as clearly Customers Don't Matter to them.
Hope this answers your question,
Regards Len.

steve

yes i agree,tried to give them 2million,in cash,they put a indian,manager in my small town,who dont care,thier loss,like to put that cat in a crab pot,they are terrible,say something on line,they shut ya down,the crooks

K V.

Same here. I wanted to take out House Contents Insurance and was told by the branch someone from Insurance section would ring me they never did, so I rang the insurance section myself and was told I have to ring the branch.

Get an answer from our members and Heritage Bank representatives