Heritage Bank

Heritage Bank

Branches and Online

See the Best Banks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Appalled

AppalledSouth East Queensland, QLD

CROOKS

steveDarling Downs, QLD

disgracefull

not good,18months ago was great,gone downhill,will be taking my 250 grand out in feb,and not putting my wives and my super with them,worth nearly a million,so much for there cat,they really need to go back and hire people who care again.

EQ-ON C.

EQ-ON C.Sydney, NSW

one week triple call with no result for opening a bank account

I select the product "Heritage Bank Business Cheque Account" based on review on Mozo website but a big mistake. It took 10 days and they still haven't approve my application. (even not email sent). I called twice and ask for update. Everytime they were looking for more documents (without communicating it). So basically I should call them every 2-3 days to see what they are need. (Is this a right customer service approach). Finally after 10 days, I still not have a bank account open and they are asking for paying 80 dollar for search on the business name. How all other bank can do it via ABN/ACN but you can't?!
I decide to not go ahead with my account. If that is start, it will end up no benefit for me.
Worst bank ever! Really disappointed.

Review TypeBusiness Banking and New Account
David R.

David R.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst banking system ever

I signed up in Aug 2019 for a savings account with a debit card online. Everything looks fine, including the online ID check. My account was generate and Debit card posted to me. Activate my card, tried to use it and was declined a few times and I can't see anything wrong when I log online to check my account. Rang up the bank and the lady told me that my account is frozen and they need to ID me again, but it can only be done at a Australia Post with paper form. The form will then be posted back to the bank, which will take 10 business before my account is active. This bank has the worst system ever, and no customer communication.

Review TypeNew Account

Dissapointing Home Loan

Have been with Heritage for over 30 years had first home loan in 1999 and now want to build.Applied for pre approval late last year and have updated few times this year have had a fixed term deposit. All I want is approval for loan to send to my builder to submit to council to start the process.My land is worth more than I am borrowing but seems this is not a simple process with everything needing to go to valuer first. Tempted to close my accounts and go somewhere else.

daffodil

daffodilGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Customer Service was excellent

I spoke to Timothy today in regard to getting a small transfer done from my Christmas Club to my savings account. Timothy was lovely. So helpful and friendly. I wish all customer service reps were this nice.

Len1010South East Queensland, QLD

No Help No answers & now no confidence

Leo

LeoSouth East Queensland, QLD

5 weeks for a simple personal loan application and still no approval

Cant understand how it takes 5weeks to apply for a personal loan, Multiple follow up phone calls on my behalf. Still no approved loan.
We have our home loan and business accounts with heritage with a squeaky clean credit history.
Had to apply twice because they deleted our file the first time because they were waiting on more information to be sent. The requested information was sent but misplaced.
Multiple apologies but no action.

Hutch

HutchWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

if you're looking for a professional bank move on !!

very little banking knowledge
very unhelpful to questions of any complex nature
branch staff seemed not interested at all to requests
unable to comprehend simplest of requests and consequences of not doing so
concept and written statement of values of heritage bank is great unfortunately not upheld

Jase

JaseSouth East Queensland, QLD

Term investment and setting up a family trust

Been with the bank for about 2 years with an investment. I have found the bank to be great. Informative, helpful and a can do attitude. I set up a term deposit with the Brisbane cbd branch which went really smoothly. I then needed to set up a family trust fund. I had been to the big 4 and come out with headaches, confused and angry as their policies changed almost daily. I then went into the Kippa-Ring ring branch of heritage, the staff were very helpful and more than happy to help me set up a family trust with them. I was in and out of the branch within 30 minutes. Thank you Heritage Bank, and thank you to your friendly, helpful staff. Keep up the great work

Review TypeBusiness Banking and New Account

Shaemitz

ShaemitzSydney, NSW

Like talking to a brick wall - Blame the customer

"ichoosegift" Visa card issued by Heritage Bank

worst giftcard product ever! beware when you use the card, here is my experience with my $50 gift card - (1) it will charge you $1.2 for telephone activation. (2) if you enter the PIN wrong - it will charge $0.15, so next time when retype the correct PIN, you won't have sufficient balance! and it will charge you $0.15 again! in a nutshell - activate the card online only, and make sure you write down the PIN !!

Tad

TadDarling Downs, QLD

Online transfer

Slow to do anything hopeless if U go into.bank takes for ever to get seen to not reliable with online payments slow as compared with the big. Banks needs a shake up

Review TypeBusiness Banking and General Transactions

Didn't give a damn

Went for a home loan through heritage bank and at first they seemed great, very friendly service. I had gone to see them the day I signed my contract, from there I got passed from person to person to handle my application right up to the final days of my contract and then told that they would not be able to help...an answer that they could have give within days instead of weeks. I don't mind the fact that they couldn't help with the loan, what I have been extremely unimpressed with is their apparent lack of interest in making simple checks, taking days for a promised call back I came away feeling as though I was simply a joke to them. If you are a small business owner I would strongly suggest you look elsewhere.

People first a joke!

I have been with this bank for past 10 years. In the last few years all they do is hit you with fees and take money from any advantage they can gain.
Hand in your pocket while smiling at you an absolute disgrace don't touch them.
My accounts will now be changed.

Gabby

Gabby

Very disappointed

Had money in a fix term account. At the end of the term they posted me a check for the whole amount which I never received. Went to the branch and it took them 2 hours and 10 phone calls to head office to write me a check. They had no clue what they were doing.

Fantastic

I've found Heritage Bank to be fantastic, they have been more than helpful with our two mortgages, our credit cards and the odd occasions we make large cash payments / withdrawals. Their staff have always been friendly and welcoming and the branch manager seems to pride himself and the staff in branch on customer satisfaction... This was a refreshing change after dealing with NAB who told us they couldn't give us a <80% lvr loan because we don't spend enough.

It seems the experience depends largely on the branch you are with however, I recommend you go into the proposed branch and talk to them before signing up but as I've said our experience has been fantastic.

David

DavidWESTON

Home loan joke

dissatisfaction

Another rip off institution in Australia

Anna B.

Anna B.asked

I would like to open a bank account because I’ll be staying here for 5 month Due to work and travel. Now should I open a bank account with heritage bank or Westpac (my friend told me they were good) ? Anyone got any experience?

steve

they are good,somebody scammed me and put negitave comments on,they are really good

Emma

Emmaasked

Should I move my banking from Suncorp to Heritage Bank? Reviews on this forum seem pretty much the same, as in BAD? Sick of the lack of customer service at Suncorp, now looking around to find a bank with real customer service. Does such a thing exist in Australia..? Would really appreciate your help.
Regards
Emma

Len1010

Sometimes it's better to stick with the devil you know rather than try a Devil who might be worse. You never know what a company is like until you have a problem and need their help. The way a company treat you then is all that really matters so far as their credibility. Everyone nowadays talks the big talk, few actually follow through with any tangible action. After being a loyal long term Heritage customer I had my first problem recently (a double up charge) I was treated very poorly and forced to jump through many hoops. I had one of their supposed customer service representatives actually hang up on me after telling me to sort the problem out myself! I have yet to even hear back officially from them as to why I was ignored and why they took the same payment TWICE less than one minute apart. I don't trust Heritage at all anymore.
My best advice is that you should stay away from Heritage as clearly Customers Don't Matter to them.
Hope this answers your question,
Regards Len.

steve

yes i agree,tried to give them 2million,in cash,they put a indian,manager in my small town,who dont care,thier loss,like to put that cat in a crab pot,they are terrible,say something on line,they shut ya down,the crooks

Chantelle

Chantelleasked

Are heritage and westpac linked? For bank transfers?...

kwv42
kwv42

If you mean Westpac does owns Heritage, it doesn't.

But if you mean can transfer money between the two, yes you can.

And like other transfers, you have to check with both to see what you need to do.

steve

better going to westpac believe me

Get an answer from our members and Heritage Bank representatives