1.6

CateGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Disgusting behaviour - Hertz Mitcham Vic

Rachel

Rachel South East Queensland, QLD

Take additional payments, no communication, fail to provide receipts, policies.

Returned car to back to facility, it during COVID so access to their normal facility was not accessible. Went to website to contact someone to discuss, no numbers are provided. With over a hour of wasted time I locked the car on-site with keys in it (they keep spares on-site). Following this no communication however proceeded to charge my card over double my original hire fee and still not returned deposit. When questioned (via email) about their policy’s and requested copies of the original call out records they failed to respond.

Vehicle TypeHyundai Accent
Jonty

JontySouth East Queensland, QLD

Locked out with no apology

My car was hail damaged so my insurer arranged a hire car from Hertz for 10:45am, turned up to a rude man at the gate that just barked "Name" ,told him my name and he said "we've run out of cars" they'd hired out cars already booked by insurers. Told him this was ridiculous, they need to honour bookings they accept, there was no phone call to explain this we have to find this out when we rocked up to the location. Half a morning wasted and to add insult to injury he just said "I'm closing the gate now" and did exactly that without an apology or batting an eye, complete disregard. Insurance companies seem to be keeping them afloat.

Larissa S.

Larissa S.South East Queensland, QLD

Hertz Team Boondall

I returned my rent a car today and was met with outstanding customer service from your Hertz Boondall team. The two employees, Deb and Vanessa, were cheerful, friendly and efficient.

Two weeks ago our house was broken into, while we slept, and our car was stolen. Earlier this week it was written off. I wasn't feeling great however both ladies made me feel welcome. Whilst quickly and efficiently organising the return they made delightful small talk to put me at ease. They made me feel valued. It was so wonderful to see customer service is not dead. These two ladies are a credit to your organisation.

Should I need a rent a car in the future I shall be returning to this store. Outstanding customer service!!!

Happy customer

Vehicle Typecx3
Dark R.

Dark R.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

avoid this company.

Vehicle TypeFord Mustang
TravellingTrees

TravellingTreesCanberra Central 2602, ACT

Smooth looking service, excessive charging after damage

Vehicle TypeToyota Prado
Received Booked VehicleYes

Toll fee scam - avoid this rental company

Rented a car at Brisbane airport travelling to the Gold Coast, was advised that I should add the hire car rego to avoid the $35 admin fee + toll fees. Checked the toll company to find that hire cars need to be registered 24 hours in advance to use your own toll account. Just another example of a dishonest company scamming the consumer. Avoid using this company.

Renee

ReneeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Run away. Overcharged. No refund.

We used Hertz in Sydney in July 2020. The hertz rep told us to register on an app for city tolls. We did this and got charged appropriately. The next month we got a letter from hertz that they were charging us $80 for tolls (that we had already paid). We sent them our toll receipts and they refused to refund us. Total scammers. There is no phone number to call for resolution. Trying to contact ombudsman and ACC for criminal charges. Do not use this company. Budget rental gave us no problems last time we used them. I will never use this company again. Thanks for the stress and frustration hertz.

Vehicle TypeSubaru Outback
Jayce L.

Jayce L.Sydney, NSW

Terrible system, don’t book a car here

Made a booking for a car and was only made aware that digital licences aren’t accepted once I got to the desk to pick up the car.
Does not mention anywhere in the terms and conditions specifically that a digital license is not accepted. This was apparently something I was supposed to be aware of, driven hard by the tapping of the highlighted sign at the front desk by the attendant.
My only option was to make my way to the RMS to replace my license which was at an additional cost plus the waste of time it took.
I have rented cars from Hertz previously and am a member but this is the absolute last time I will be doing so.

Vehicle TypeNissan Dualis / Qashqai

pkon

pkonSydney

Car Interior not cleaned and tank not full at pick up

Good resolution thanks Hertz -
Car collected Alexandria on Friday 14th for weekend drive to Berry NSW. Reservation J48402723F6. Not internally cleaned and only 5/8 full of fuel. Counter staff response underwhelming on both counts. On c;leaning: counter staff assured me they would let "them" know" - I assume "they" was the cleaner at the yard. Silly response really and no alternative available. I sanitised using wipes I was carrying and luckily wasn't travelling with family. On the fuel, I was told I could return it with the same fuel level but I wasn't going to take a chance of estimating at the bowser or the dispute at return. This review is here because the site feedback does not accommodate.

Vehicle TypeToyota RAV 4
PeevedMe

PeevedMeWestern District, VIC

Cancel at last minute

Booked weeks ago to be told several days out from the booking that they now can't accommodate the booking. Was offered an upgrade to a vehicle that is not equivalent and does not have the requirements of the booking. Also last week they rang for payment details for pre payment and didn't bother to advise this then. Don't trust them to deliver, which makes them pretty useless for most bookings.

Katie

KatieSydney, NSW

Received a car that doesn’t lock, is not comparable to my own car.

Vehicle was insufficient to needs, doesn’t lock and am looking forward to having my own car back. The car is small and smelt off.
The customer service was the worst I’ve ever experienced.

Kate

KateMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Crap, at very least this car needed a wheel alignment.

Look in reality apart from car was terrible to drive due to wheel alignment at very least it was ok. But my major complaint is that at time of online booking it doesn’t tell you the km limit. Yes I know these exist but it doesn’t tell you what it is until you collect car, that’s unprofessional. By then it’s too late, you have to take the car or pay for it anyway!

Vehicle TypeAll wheel drive

Absolutely disgusted

Vehicle TypeMitsubishi Pajero Sport
Received Booked VehicleNo, I received a better vehicle
espesp

espespAU

Great customer service & price; excess should be lower & notice if car booked not available

Vehicle TypeMitsubishi ASX

Worst customer service ever

Rented a car from you guys yesterday, waited three hours on a vehicle. When I got to the location that I was dropping the car off we did another hour and a half to be told I have to go to another location. I have been hung up on by your customer service team five times this morning condescending talk, rudeness, arrogant behavior. Told me that I was not allowed to talk to a supervisor. Literally six phone calls later still have received nothing from your team. I will never rent a car from you again and I will recommend everybody go to enterprise. They actually have customer service there.

caseyf

caseyfMELBOURNE

deceptive fee charging

Hired a car to drive from port mac to syd (one one). Expected that all costs associated with this would have been factored into the booking however despite the two locations being different and x amount of kms away from one another the original quote did not take any of the sneaky additional fees into account. Def wont use this company again, have never experienced this with any other car rental company.

Vehicle TypeToyota Corolla

Hertz - perfectly satisfactory

Customer service was polite and informative, the car was fine, I was charged as I expected, no hassles.
They also took the trouble to tell me the hours I'd picked meant I'd paid for an extra day due to two hours, so I had the option of reducing it by a day or making use of the extra day, which I did.

Stop passing the ball

Vehicle TypeNissan X-Trail
Hoppy

HoppyCentral West, NSW

Hertz or should that say Hurtz

Absolute waste of money. $49 a day car rental needed to drive one way from Parkes To tweed heads. Returned a qld car for them and still charged 300 one way fee. Also charged 26cents a kilometre for extra kilometres over 200. All up cost $744 for one day. Not offered anything for returning your car for you. Will never use again and highly recommend any other car hire place

Vehicle TypeSubaru XV

Ranga

Rangaasked

Why can’t Hertz Australia provide an etag in every hired car. Other companies like Thrifty always provide one. When I rented a car from Hertz the person who did the paper work specifically told me to have my own tag. I use E Way and when I login to my E Way account and try add a car it clearly says no Taxis no hire cars and no rentals. In such a case how am I supposed to pay for the toll without calling a number and listening to music for a very very very longtime. Also the Hertz web site says all cars are registered with RMS. Then why not give a tag in each car. Such a poor customer service.

Good Afternoon,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your rental and toll options offered. We have now passed this feedback onto our product team.
Kind Regards Dane

Josie A.asked

REG 894-YEZ Rental agreement Dec 22 2019 - Jan 3 2020. I would like to know if there were any Toll Chrages for the above vehicle between the dates listed. I have already asked and have had NO REPLY. I have already been charged for damage $2219.97 that I allegedly done and also Location Fee of $167??? I do not want to be told I have Toll bill. as well if I do I need to know how to pay.The whole experience has been bad and I will never ever use HERTZ Rental again. I believe I have been scammed Insurance. Not happy
Josephine Allan
Auckland
NZ

Neveragain
Neveragain

I’m not sure as they didn’t say. I lodged a formal complaint with Hertz over 2 weeks ago, but haven’t heard back.

Good Afternoon.

Toll charges/invoices can take roughly 4-6 weeks from the date of return to be processed and come through to us.
If you have incurred any toll charges they should appear in the next couple of weeks.
Unfortunately we are unable to check this before to processing time I'm sorry.

Thank you.
Ray.

Josie A.

Simply NOT Good enough. Why aren't cars fitted with devices that capture your tplls and is charged on retun of the vehicle like MOST other Rental companied? Don't bother so thinking I am done with HERTZ I still have a Toll bill to pay. So Disgusted with the overall treatment from this SCAMMING OUTFIT

hu g.

hu g.asked

Planning to rent with Hertz. Are you satisfied with the service attitude, queue time and condition of Hertz in Italy?

ying w.
ying w.

Hi
I just came across a message board discussing this question: http://www.askonyourtrip.com/question/are-you-satisfied-with-the-service-attitude-waiting-time-1/. Hope you find this helpful!

Get an answer from our members and Hertz representatives

Other Car Hire Services