Hewlett Packard Australia

Hewlett Packard Australia

Brand Manager for Hewlett Packard Australia? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (48) · No (67)

A Miller
A Miller

Customer Service poor

I as simply getting a replacement cartridge . I had to deal with someone who didnt have a good grasp of english. They were following a script and couldnt make any decisions themselves and had to go and ask their supervisor every 5 minutes. Then each call they would come back with different requirements. It took about about 6 weeks and hours and hours and many calls and truck loads of paperwork to replace an ink cartridge. I cant imagine. HP you have got customer service so wrong.. Printer itself has had so many issues as well. I wont buy another

Michael
MichaelSydney, NSW

Possibly the worst warranty/customer support on the planet

HP lure you in with dedicated dashboards for you products and direct support links from your products, but then do nothing about replying or addressing anything automatically. You are left to contact an offshore phone centre that most of the time also to nothing to address your problem. I've had this repeated with 3 different laptops and each time I have had product failure/warranty response failure and customer service failure. These are poorly manufactured products with horrible warranty support. Avoid at all costs.

tark m.
tark m.South East Queensland, QLD

Was everything i expected. 5/5 but then.....

It stopped working soon after warranty...for mine, it either works or doesn't work and i'm thinking it don't work. period.

KieranM55
KieranM55Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Gave incorrect advice, then take no responsibility

I phoned HP sales support to get their advice on buying a new laptop charger as I couldn't find my current one online anywhere. They let me know the model number, and said they don't have any in stock so I should find it online somehwere. I purchased the exact model, only to plug it in at home and have it tell me it is the wrong one and it won't charge. When I called HP sales back, they deny all responsibility and are no help at all in trying to organise a refund/exchange with the store I purchased it from - all the phone staff are very clearly trained to protect profit levels, as opposed to creating life-long HP customers.

Please do not call their sales team like I did - instead call the PC store you want to purchase from.

Electronics & Computing Shops

Find out how Hewlett Packard Australia compares to other Electronics & Computing Shops

lickthespoon
lickthespoonSydney, NSW

Shocking customer service

Customer service is horrible. Phone call for tech support was disconnected 3 times. Had to wait on Whatapp chat for 8 minutes for a 3 word reply.

CharleyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Printer stopped working after 8 months

I bought a Hewlett Packard wireless colour laser printer in January 2021. In September 2021 the printer stopped working. I contacted Hewlett Packard through their WhatsApp chat (which was frustrating) and a technician came to my house to fix it. The printer now prints, but the wireless printing function doesn't work anymore. I have no idea why the technician did not check that wireless printing worked or not. Now Hewlett Packard keep on phoning me twice on Mondays and hanging up without leaving a message. I can't be bothered dealing with them at the moment and will try to get a refund from the seller instead.

Gnoj69
Gnoj69Melbourne

Unreliable Laptops and Terrible Service

This is my second top spec HP Z book notebook in 8 months. The previous laptop had issues with freezing unexpectedly. It took 3 months to resolve until i finally managed to get a refund. My new laptop is 2 months old and the integrated camera does not work. Good luck trying to get a resolution as they waffle, don't respond in a timely manner and expect you to use Whatsapp to log service requests!
I run a business and don't have time to chat on Whatsapp. If this doesn't get resolved quickly, I will definitely not be buying HP laptops again. They used to be a great product, but I don't know what has happened since. Be warned. If you want reliability and support, stay away.

Warranty Claim MadeNo

Where to buy and how to choose a monitor and other home office needs

Wendy Z.20 Mar 2020
where-to-buy-and-how-to-choose-a-monitor-and-other-home-office-needs

dont buy extra insurance not worth it!!!

good product brought for my daughters schoolwork took out the extra insurance accident etc meant to be fully covered put in a warranty claim now 3 wks later cant get a straight answer wont repair on hold for hrs at a time then your just told that person cant help and put through to someone else more time on hold

DONT BOTHER paying for the extra insurance its about as useful as used toilet paper

HP Envy 4524

Terrible products! Every time you need to undergo a time consuming process of reconnection. Never ever will by from this company!

HP Australia services

My laptop rubber feets are damaged, tried to order it from hp Australia, sent me $197 quotation saying that I can't replace it by myself.

arno
arnoGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

horrible business

Nicolaas
NicolaasSouthern and Hills, SA

Terrible service

Phoned to request a printer regional reset, which they said they can do. They forced me to purchase new ink cartridges, black and colour, before they can do the reset. Then when I phoned back to have the work done they said they cannot do it, and by the way, sorry for having to spend additional money which is now wasted. Their offer is that I must buy a new printer from them rather and throw mine and the ink I bought away. $70 down the drain. Don't even bother trying to phone the service desk, it is machine driven and cannot help you.

mjohnson
mjohnsonSydney, NSW

Horrible Customer Service

Sold with a failed battery

Bought HP laptop less than a month ago. Battery wouldn't charge. Did HP online check and was told to replace battery. Huge inconvenience as I'd just finished setting it up with Word and security etc. Took it back to JB and got a refund and bought a different brand laptop. Once bitten twice shy.

Ian
IanWheatbelt, WA

Worst consumer support I have ever encountered!

In the last 12 months I have bought two black ink cartriges for my hp 1510 printer and neither of them worked. I used a different brand one that did until it ran dry. I tried tto get them to replace tha faulty ones and they refused! They tried to sell me a new printer at a discount price and I said no, then they offered me a discount on a new cartridge but that was dearer than the off brand one I can get. Bottom line is, no more hp products for me.