jat

jatSouth East Queensland, QLD

Overpriced considering quality

Purchased blakely single bed and was very disappointed. This is a $200 bed with an almost $500 price tag. It has plastic legs that stick out beyond the frame. It has no fabric on the back of the headboard and it looks unfinished.

Pete S

Pete SPerth, WA

Zac toy box

Steel pedal bike

MrsB

MrsB

Very poor quality

Bought the Jessie book caddy for my son - received very quickly no issues with ordering and was a beautiful piece once assembled. Unfortunately the item is very poor quality didn’t last a week before it broke apart (lasted 5 days to be exact). Very disappointed as I genuinely did love the product.

Also I found it odd that my review does not show up on their website.

Cynthia N.

Cynthia N.Sydney, NSW

Long pre-order delivery, bad delivery logistic

Hannah

HannahSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible service!

Shea

SheaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Expect LONG delays if you pre-order something!

Pre-ordered a $300 item nearly 2 months before Xmas, with a 2 week eta, had 3 delay emails finally with delays until after Xmas so now have nothing to give on the day.
Shouldn’t do pre-orders if they can’t deliver in a reasonable time frame! Just disappointing, and the second time this has happened. Won’t be ordering again from them.

Jess C.

Jess C.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Most awful experience!

I am really disappointed with the Customer Service that I received in trying to get my playground in time for my Son’s birthday. The ‘Expected dispatch date’ was the 4th of December and I was excited because that timeframe worked perfectly. After a couple of emails with misleading information it didn’t arrived when the team told me it would. If you don’t have the product in stock you should never have put it on the site. I would never mislead customers like the way Hip Kids did. I will never spend my money here again.

DJK1980

DJK1980Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Deceitful, terribly run company

San

SanPerth, WA

Very delayed delivery

Very bad customer service. Paid for a bike more than a month ago and still havent receive it. When called them, the lady on the phone said another 7 business days after delivery otherwise she suggested to give me the money back. Bought this for my dauhgter xmas present now i have to run to the shops to see what can i get. Very disapointed.

Unsafe toy

The activity play set comes in 3 parts (still not received 3rd part). One of the parts is described as a slide. When my 3 year old slid down she hit her back on the wooden bar going across the bottom of the slide which resulted in bruising. I contacted customer service who replied via email basically said the products meets standards and I should supervise my child. I consider this product dangerous for young children.

Jeremy

JeremySydney, NSW

Products are ok. Terrible customer service.

Ordered two products. Product #1 (furniture) sent was unpainted and required painting. Web description was false. Despite letting them know no resolution was offered tho they did end up updating the website at least after denying there was an issue. Product #2 - not received months after ordering. Still having to chase. Great use of my time as a time poor new parent...

Simone

Simone

Misleading description

The 2 in 1 toddler trike was purchased for my son based off the age recommendation 12 months to 3. At 18 months he had outgrown it. Hip kids told me I should have measured him and gone off the measurements the max height is 25cm.
When I looked at the measurements, the next size wooden trike states it’s from 18 months and the lowest height is 26cm. Hip kids know these won’t last til 3 yet are deceptive in their description.

Adam N.

Adam N.South East Queensland, QLD

Morris bookcases

Amy

Amy

Great customer service

The customer service is amazing. The staff were friendly, professional and helpful. Very fast response time. They have a great range of products for kids, we will buy from here again.
Thank you hip kids!

Lynne V.

Lynne V.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Well done Hip kids

Just want to recommend these wonderful people, especially Melody. I usually go to Deepdene store, but the virus put a stop to travelling to Melbourne. Made a purchase by phone, beautifully handled. Then the trouble began, Australia Post..........long story short, items missing, lots of excuses etc, Melody was more than fantastic with her follow ups, she emailed me daily, was always patient (even when i got cross). 3 days short of a month the items were delivered . As a retail manager of 27 years, i couldnt have been more impressed with the professional courtesy i was shown. Shopped with them since 2016 , and will continue to do so, but bypass Australia Post! Great products, happy with everything ive bought .

Maddy

MaddySydney, NSW

Worst customer service

Received a broken toy $40 and their solution was to send our wood glue and a $10 refund as the item is no longer in stock. This is completely unacceptable. Won’t buy here again.

bennie01

bennie01Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Rocking Horse

Havent actually taken it out of the box yet, but what I can see it looks very good. Hip Kids were a reliable site to buy from, as they DO get back to you if you have any queries on delivery

Bern

BernGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Prompt delivery

I ordered 4 puzzles and a ride-on toy online. Puzzles arrived in 3 days and toy came a day later. Very happy with puzzles. Ride-on maybe smaller than anticipated, but yet to assemble as is a Christmas present.

Gail

GailFadden 2904, ACT

Excellent communication and product. Ride on steel racer car/push car.

We bought the Hipkids ride on steel racer/push car for our grandsons first birthday present. Communication was excellent and the product was delivered quickly and is exactly as described. One of the wheels was damaged as a result of packing from the factory and I emailed Hipkids to advise. They promptly posted a replacement wheel express post to reach us the following day. This is the type of service you expect but rarely get. Well done Hipkids, will be using you again.

Toni

Toniasked

Hip Kids

Hi Hip kids. We purchase the scandi hip kids kitchen and the black back panel didn't line up with the pre drilled holes it goes into. Now the side panels with the blackboard doesn't align. Is this a know problem? The black back seems to be made too short in length.

Faith L

Faith Lasked

Hip Kids

Where can we get sheets and pillows for the MIA double bed?

Kate
Kate

Hi
Sorry, your question has gone to a reviewer, not Hip Kidz.

katsama

katsamaasked

Hip Kids

Hi, I was about to order one of your bikes but wonder whether your customer service and product quality has improved at all? There are a lot of negative reviews and I don't have time or energy to put myself through such an experience

customer serviceHip Kids

Hi please focus on the positive reviews. We have 118 positive reviews on this website and are currently rating at 4.5 stars. We have been in business for 9 years and have sold thousands of products and unfortunately in retail you cannot please everyone even though we honestly try too. I can assure you we take pride in customer service & products. We stand by them. We offer 1 year warranty on all our products and will provide after hours support if required. All you have to do is pick up a phone or if your in Melbourne come and visit us at our showroom in Melbourne and you will be able to see for yourself
thanks