Hip Kids

Online store, Physical store (See All)
See the Best Toys & Game Shops in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Hip Kids

Lisa
LisaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The best eco-friendly and Australian toy

I was looking for an eco-friendly toy for my daughter and I discovered this new Australian company: Play Edo. I decided to buy (and try) these big cardboard building blocks: the best choice ever! My daughter is so happy because we build them together and then she can build whatever her imagination suggests without any supervision. Yet, my daughter (7 years old) not only build animals and a cubby house with the Edo blocks but she was also happily decorating them with her crayons and jewellery stickers. Highly recommended for a lot of fun and for sustainable souls!

Andrea
AndreaNortheast, VIC

Great Customer Service

Thank you for the best customer service and prompt follow up. Absolutely fantastic job. Thanks to both Amy and Kelly

customer serviceHip KidsSend a private message

Hi Andrea, Thank-you for your lovely words. We were so happy to assist you with your purchase. Please reach out if there is anything further we can do for you. Customer Care Team.

Apexsignage
ApexsignageSydney, NSW

Take ours for free. Please

Fell apart almost immediately after receiving the timber trike. Initially thought it was our fault, ordered a replacement part. Then another section fell apart, contacted the company, they said it was impossible it could be a quality issue. We got a replacement piece and another section of the bike failed. Contacted the company for a replacement and they said they’d send a replacement piece. Failed again, I gave up. Be prepared for constant maintenance. Have given up trying, so many fixings falling apart. Terrible product.

• Return Claim MadeYes
Steph
Steph

AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!

K ElliottSydney, NSW

The worst service I have ever experienced

Never received my order and was only refunded for the item and not the $19 shipping I paid, even though I have proof that the delivery driver didn’t even go to my house.
They don’t care about anything but money.
Will never shop here again.

customer serviceHip KidsSend a private message

Hi K Elliott, Thank-you for your time in providing some feedback. Our customer care team and senior management have been in correspondence with you. If you would like to discuss further, please contact them at sales@hipkids.com.au

KylieQueensland

Terrible quality

I received the kids Hampton chairs and they had white spray paint on the rattan area.
The company get the products overseas and clearly don’t do quality checks on them.
After waiting months to receive these I am so disappointed. I contacted hip kids to be told I am now required to send the chair back, at my own expense and time to then wait for a replacement.
Very overpriced for the quality of the products.

customer serviceHip KidsSend a private message

Hi Kylie. Thanks for your review. Our customer care team has been in touch with you regarding your replacement chair which they are happy to replace at no extra cost to you.

Kylie

Thankyou for your response yes they have been in contact but I’m still required to pack the chair up at my cost and time.
This could have been avoided if the product had been quality checked.

Alex
Alex

Terrible quality

Purchased the teepee tent, and straight away it looked poorly made. It's cheap wood and material, and the base has poor fasteners that hold nothing together. Waste of time and money, you could make your own for less and of better quality

6 screen-free activities to entertain kids and toddlers

It’s tempting to plonk the kids down in front of a screen to get some peace and quiet at the end of the day, especially if you’re home schooling. However when you have the energy, here are 6 screen-free activities to help entertain kids at home, during lockdown or on a regular weekend.

Avleen M.
Avleen M.
6-screen-free-activities-to-entertain-kids-and-toddlers

Perfect little pram

Bought a dear little rattan pram for my Granddaughter's first birthday. It is perfect. Great quality, well made and sturdy for a toddler. Delivery was very quick.

customer serviceHip KidsSend a private message

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your lovely review.
We hope the pram gives your granddaughter many hours of fun and helps create lots of wonderful memories.
We look forward to you shopping with Hip Kids again.

Jsem
Jsem

Poor quality, bad instructions, better alternatives

You can find the same quality products from other vendors that aren't as expensive. I've bought a kitchen and teepee from hipkids and the instructions on both were terrible, they also don't label parts or provide decent images to help you distinguish between parts. Poor quality photos and directions overall. I will never buy from them again.

Hello Jsem,
Please contact our customer care team at your earliest convenience so they can assist you with any spare parts and assembly assistance. Please send your contact and order details to customercare@hipkids.com.au. Have a wonderful day.

Crystal
CrystalMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Fantastic customer service & great quality products

I have done a couple of orders from hip kids now and both times had fantastic experiences.
Had a couple of hick up but they are more than happy to help solve the problem.
For example a pre order was pushed back so I just got a refund and ordered another product.
Packing and delivery times are quite long but I have been lucky that I have done my orders in advance.
But overall I will definitely shopping with them again

Hi Crystal,
Thank you for your terrific feedback. Our customer care team take pride in helping our customers through any
‘hiccups’ to make sure they have an excellent overall experience with Hipkids. We hope to see you shopping with us again soon.

RUTH
RUTHMELBOURNE

Waiting 5 months

Still Waiting

It is such a nice website with great products. I ordered my bookshelf/table in October...it is now nearly January...still waiting and I have not received communication except for when I rang them. I understand it may be closed between Xmas and New Year... but the appropriate business protocol would be to advise customers if their orders will be delayed further. Not happy Jan!

Mikyung
MikyungSydney, NSW

Just too bad Customer service

I have spent $500 in October but one of the item which supposed to receive it by now but yet to receive.

I request a refund on that one single item which is $60 but they didn't fully refund me as I have used the first order copone which is just $10.

Looks like that is the way they earn money

• Return Claim MadeYes

Hi Mikyung,

Thank you for your review. We apologize that the guitar did not arrive in time for you. Your refund amount incorporates part of your discount you used when you made your purchase. Thanks for shopping with HipKids. Have a wonderful day.

Theresa
Theresa

Thank you! Great customer service

We lost the bolts from our Hip Kids trike. I contacted customer service and they were so obliging in sending me replacements. Really appreciate it. The trike is so so good too. Amazing value, looks good and toddler LOVES it. Thanks guys!

customer serviceHip KidsSend a private message

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this amazing review, you have made our day. Kelly - Hip Kids Customer Care Team

Christina
ChristinaSydney, NSW

An absolute beauty!

Bought vintage pedal car for my Son's first birthday. The car is gorgeous, well built and did I mention gorgeous?! The custom name sticker is awesome. Communication was great and delivery was quick. Thank-you!!! Can't wait to gift it to my son.

customer serviceHip KidsSend a private message

Hi Christina , Hope you are well and thank you for your lovely and positive feedback . We hope he has the best birthday and has hours of fun creating memories in his gorgeous car. Mel