Hisense HR6FDFF630S

See the Best French Door Fridges / Refrigerators in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Worst fridge I have ever owned

I bought this fridge just under 3 years ago. It went in the first year and was replaced with a new fridge. It has gone again and i have now been 3 weeks with no working fridge. The customer support is good but the service agent they sent out took 2 weeks to get to me and then came twice 5 days apart and it is still not working as he says he is not sure why it isnt cooling. Lucky for me the freezer works?????

Purchased in November 2016 at Harvey Norman for $1,999.00.

Household Size 7 person(s)
Hi, could you please send me your customer reference number or your phone number so I can look into this very unfortunate service you have received from the technician? you can email me privetley if you like at customerservice.au@Hisense.comThanks Jasmine, as mentioned the customer support from Hisense has been great and today I got a store credit and will get a new fridge tomorrow :)That is amazing news , i am happy with the outcome for you .

A Lemon

Purchased because of the sale price. On delivery the water dispenser was not sealed, resulting in water all over the floor. Secondly cheese draw was cracked. This took months to replace. Thirdly the fridge stopped cooling, then started to freeze items at the rear of the fridge. Customer service told me to move things to the front!!. Now my fridge door drink shelf has cracked. Not looking forward to the custo.er service response to this new issue. Would not recommend.

Purchased in January 2017 at The Good Guys for $1,100.00.

Great Refrigerator & Freezer - Loads of Space

What we live about this Hisense Fridge/ Freezer is that the french style doors allow loads of storage in the fridge area. Great for wide platters and lots of drink storage. The unit looks great and the water dispenser unit is easy to refill. The freezer also has ample storage however the skinny insert drawer is difficult to manoeuvre. It is almost silent and has good energy rating. Also on wheels which makes it easy to slide in and out of location for cleaning behind and underneath. Highly recommended!

Purchased in April 2019 at The Good Guys for $1,160.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 4 person(s)

Stopped cooling after 3 1/2 years

Purchased September 2015. Worked great until fridge stopped cooling. Not impressed. Would expect it to last longer. No more Hisense products for my household. It seems they only just work until warranty period expires.

Purchased in September 2015 at Harvey Norman for $1,749.00.

Internal Layout
Household Size 5 person(s)

Lasted 3 Years

Loved the size and design, but found the temperature uneven and would often freeze my food. After 3 years the cooling completely quit. Loaded it up and took it in for repairs and was quoted $900 for parts. The technician also told us he had never even seen that type of compressor before. The fridge went to the dump and I will be staying away from this brand.

Purchased in April 2015 for $900.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 5 person(s)

Dream fridge!

Absolutely love this fridge!!! Such a big and spacious double door fridge. I love the water feature on the front of the fidge. The whole layout is perfect for me and my growing family. I wanted a big fridge like this so its a dream come true!

Purchased in June 2018 at The Good Guys for $1,159.00.

Perfect fridge

Excellent product wonderful very nice cooling is excellent love love love great no problem at all very good quality best fridge i ever had ever brought no regret every thanx

Purchased in January 2018.

Was a Great Fridge Until it Broke Down

When I first purchased this fridge 5 years ago it was the largest and cheapest on the market and at the time there were not many reviews for it yet. I found it to be a good size for our family of 4 and the glass shelves are easy to clean. At the time we didn't want to get a fridge we would have to have plumbed in but wanted a water dispenser and this one has one you can fill with a jug. I also like how there is an alarm to tell you a door has been left open as I have small children who don't like to close doors. I have found the freezer drawers to be a pain as you have to dig through to find what you want so I think I would opt for one with shelves now. Also the edges of the shelves in the door of the fridge aren't high enough, so things tend to fall out when you open the doors.
The biggest fault which has ruined my good opinion of this fridge is it has stopped working and trying to find a repairman has been impossible. No one in our area fixes Hisense fridges. After being on hold to Hisense for 20 minutes the repairer they recommended no longer exists. When I finally found someone that was recommended from another repairman he kept saying he was coming but wouldn't show up day after day. After 2 weeks of not being able to find someone to fix the fridge the bottom freezer has now stopped working.
I did think it was a great fridge and it was a cheap option, however I would expect a fridge to last longer than 5 years. Had I known next to nobody repairs Hisense fridges I would have chosen another brand.

Purchased in February 2014 at The Good Guys Online store for $1,500.00.

Internal Layout
Household Size 4 person(s)

Fridge and freezer work well

Had fridge since October 2015. Everything works well. Stii freeezes and fridge stays cool. Nothign has broken in the fridge . There is no need to lift middle draw as it slides back. Only problem with this fridge is rusting on the outside. It only gets wiped down with a slightly damp cloth but has rust spots everywhere.

Purchased in October 2015 at The Good Guys for $1,749.00.

Internal Layout
Household Size 1 person(s)

Terrible fridge after 15 months

The fridge was great for 18 months. However, we have never liked the freezer drawer. It’s annoying how you have to lift off the top tray to get to stuff in the bottom. Anyway after about 18 months the problems started. One of the shelves broke and the freezer part broke. It was icing up and leaving water all over our brand new, polished timber floors. Hisense told us to tilt fridge on an angle as that could rectify the problem and they wouldn’t send a technician out. After contacting them again, as this obviously didn’t work, they sent out a technician. I will never buy Hisense again. I’ve noticed most of the good reviews are within the first 12 months of purchase. I wonder how those fridges are now!

Purchased in July 2017 at Harvey Norman for $1,430.00.

Good fridge

A good fridge. Large opening for refilling bottles. The space is quite functional and the multi option drawer is functional as well. It is quiet in operation. The 6 month water filter change is excessive I believe.

Purchased in January 2018 at Harvey Norman for $1,300.00.

Internal Layout
Household Size 2 person(s)

Hisense makes no sense!

So we purchased this fridge 3 years and 2 months ago. After around 2 years the fridge went. Freezer still worked ok. Fridge didn't. After ALOT of to and fro had a repair guy come out. Tried to explain what the problem was but because he didn't speak English it made it hard. Seemed he patched it up ok in the end until last week both freezer and fridge are both not working. They time their products to last the warranty and thats it. If i can recommend one thing on here it is to avoid hisense as a brand completely! Oh yeah the stainless steel rusted like you wouldn't believe! 0 stars

Purchased in January 2016.

Hisense HR6FDFF 630

Above fridge purchased just few months back. It has various features and very well built with lot of advantages for the customers . Excellent performance and service. We are planning to have one more.

Purchased in June 2018.

Internal Layout
Household Size 6 person(s)

Works well however exterior surface very poor.

After owning fridge for a short period it became noisy. Rang hisense and told this was normal until customer care rep actually heard the noise over the phone. Technician sent out and part replaced. Since then no issues. Fridge now out of warranty. However the exterior which is supposed to be stainless steel is crap. There seems to be a coating on the exterior and general use wears the coating off where your fingers touch the door when opening and closing. Even in areas where you don’t touch is affected. Rust spots also appearing on exterior surface. Looks terrible and nothing you can do to make it look better. Customer care section useless. They don’t have a clue just read off computer screen. Wouldn’t buy hisense again. Should have had hisense deal with exterior before warranty expired. Good guys warranty only covers electrical and mechanical issues so no luck there.

Date PurchasedJul 2014

Bad warranty support - useless

So we have had our Fridge for 18 months, we were on holidays and when we got back it was to a hot fridge, so we rang the warranty support line. Basically any of the better brands would just ask you to have a copy of the proof of purchase when the tech arrives. No they wouldn't even arrange a tech until I had the exact date of purchase and the receipt number. I asked them to look up the date of manufacture for the serial number - sorry cant do that they say. Simple if the fridge was made less than three years ago and sent to an Australian distributor/retailer, surely it would be in the warranty period..... Seems simple maths is beyond some organisations. We were able to get that an hour or so later. They want to claim they're as good as the others but when we had an issue with our electrolux oven, no hassles, the tech didnt even need to see the proof of purchase. The electrolux issue was resolved with having a tech onsite the very next day. Hisense says they'll contact us 1 business day after the fault is logged, and it typically takes 1 to 3 days after that to get a tech on site. Hello this is a fridge. How about prioritising a tech to fridge calls in summer. Not hard. So I posted on their facebook page in Australia - there answer was to remove my posts and ban me from posting. So in short, don't buy a Hisense product their warranty is crap.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Ok except for a few issues at the beginning

Fridge itself works well and has a fair bit of room in both the fridge and freezer compartment! However we had many issues with the ice dispenser making ice but not dispensing it. Unfortunately Hisense’s customer service was NOT helpful to the point where we would ring everyday to see if something was happening and each time they would tell us the service had not been put through which meant we had to wait close to a month for someone to come and fix it. Upon fixing it the technician didn’t bring the correct tools!!! So we had to wait another 2 weeks for him to come back out.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Freezer fan making noise

This is our first purchase of any Hisense product.
We only purchased this fridge and had it delivered on Wednesday this week. Really heavy to move so I would suggest getting the delivery people to put it exactly where you want it as we had ours put in carport until we got home from work so we needed to move it inside.
Unpacked it, got it into the right position plugged it in & turned it on..........straight away we noticed & could hear a slight sort of rattling/buzzing sound! & thought it may just be due to being empty. After filling the fridge with food we could still hear this noise, checked we removed all the packaging from inside & there was no tape stuck so left it for the night.
The next day it was still there but we found it stopped when the freezer draw was opened!
We ended up searching intensely for this noise that no way should have been there.
We found when the freezer draw is open on the back wall there is a panel held on with 4x screws. We took this off & found a small plastic fan which is to stop the freezer building up ice, just catching on the slide so this was the culprit making noise we could hear.
This fan is attached to a small motor which we just moved around slightly to stop the fan catching on the side & it stopped making any noise! screwed the panel back on and its been silent since then.
Such a basic fix but not everyone might think to look there.
Just think during the making this little issue should not even happen.
This was our only issue so far & as we fixed ourselves we didn't bother contacting the store.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Very good fridge

We have had this for two years and has never been a problem. The only thing I find annoying is the bottom crisper draw is on piece where the top drawers are two piece. It just means opening both doors to get at the bottom crisper draw. Otherwise a great fridge.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

What a joke!!! Load of bullSh!t

I only purchased this fridge 5 months ago!! The fridge has stopped working my food is hot/ gone off and my freezer doesn’t even closed probably!! Would never recommend!! Been trying to contact Hisense for 3 days and apparently the system is down! And can’t do anything about it yet !! I’m here without food you know

Date PurchasedAug 2018

The biggest load of rubbish ever......!!!

This fridge was purchased in early October 2018 and it certainly appeared to function quite well. However, it failed on the on the 22nd.of November with nothing working, not even the interior light. The retailer was notified and a replacement was delivered on Saturday 24th. of November. This one has now failed as well on Tuesday 27th. of November, with the cold water resevoir leaking and the refrigerator section no longer cooling. The freezer is still working ok.........It is only 3 days old...!!!
This matter has now been taken up with the retailer and everything has been settled with a equivalent size
LG brand being delivered. No more Hisense products for us.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

I accidentally left a door open and woke up the next morning and closed it. And realized that after some time the fridge was still not cooling, while the freezer was still working perfectly. What should I do?
Hi , we're sorry to hear you've experienced an issue with one of our products. If you give our friendly technical support team a call on 1800 447 367, they will be able to address your enquiry

Hi there, my Hisense has the freezer at the bottom and fridge on top and the door tem setting in front with super freeze. But recently started making a high pitched noise when motoe is running. Whenever i put anything in the fridge also the alarm stopped working as well (the alarm that goes off if yiu have the door open too long and thw alarm button does not work either. Should I be concerned?
Hi delight007, we're sorry to hear you've experienced an issue with one of our products. If you give our friendly technical support team a call on 1800 447 367, they will be able to address your enquiryIve had the same issue, but this morning it switched off and no power at all

How do you stop an alarm going off constantly. The fridge and freezer is not overstuffed in fact only half full. We've turned it off for a day just in case it was icing up. I'm at wits end. The beep drives me crazt
Im sorry to say i havent experienced this problem. Call the supplier.Hi Avis, we're sorry to hear you've experienced an issue with one of our products. If you give our friendly technical support team a call on 1800 447 367, they will be able to address your enquiryThanks will do.

CategoryFrench Door Fridges / Refrigerators
Price (RRP) $1,999
Dimensions 1776 x 912 x 765 mm
Energy Rating2.5 star(s)
Household Size 5+ people
FeaturesDisplay Panel, Door Alarm , Foldable/Retractable Shelf, Frost Free, Ice Dispenser, Water Dispenser and Wine Rack
Colour / Finish Stainless Steel