Hizero Questions & Answers

36 questions from our users

Christine

Christineasked

Can I use the hizero on non slip tiles?

yes sure can
regards Dino

Jane

Ask to have a demo unit for a day or two, and you'll know how well it works. You'll end up buying one !

Hi Jane, many thanks for your ongoing support and comments, regards Dino MD

notasked

Can you use a mild eucalyptus detergent of your choosing or a few drops of vinegar to assist in cleaning and to prevent mould on the roller? If not why not what could it possibly do to the machine? Other machines can cope. I know manufacturers prefer people to buy their detergent product but other mild detergents and mild vinegar solution would be less damaging than solutions with ethanol etc as the hizero detergent has..? Is it just a way to make detergent sales? I wonder.

Hizero A.Hizero

Hello again. You can not use eucalyptus in the HIzero as it is too harsh and corrodes the components and parts. Please call us if you have any further questions. (03) 9894 1400. We will be more than happy to answer any queries.

Jane

The unit works so well that you don't need detergent.

notasked

If you used it on raw unsealed concrete floors would it wreck the roller?
Is it endorsed by any asthma allergy foundations as good for allergies?
Can you use the self cleaning function as a way to 'soak the roller' before use?

Hizero A.Hizero

Hello again. The Hizero is not suitable for unsealed concrete floors. It is also no endorsed by any asthma allergy foundations.
You can only use the self cleaning function to soak the roller if the roller is still damp. If it is hard, it will not spin.
I hope this helps :o)

not

'Technically not suitable for unsealed concrete floors.' But is that because of the roller will be wrecked? The floors dry quickly so if it is for the sake of the floors only then that is not an issue.

Hizero A.Hizero

Hello. The unsealed concrete floors will destroy the roller unfortunately. I highly recommend you give our team a call to discuss all your questions. (03) 9894 1400.
Enjoy your day!

notasked

I wonder about getting mould issues if the roller has to stay wet
all the time to stop going hard. If you use it everyday day or every second day it would be wet/ damp all the time. Has anyone ever had mould issues with their Hizero?

Hizero A.Hizero

Hello! Thanks for your question. If you use the cleaning solution to do the roller self clean and to clean your floors, it has anti bacterial properties so it will prevent mould.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us directly on (03) 9894 1400.
Enjoy your night!

Jane

I use my unit every 3 days or so, and have not had the roller dry out yet. You can self-clean which runs the unit and flushes thru the whole unit for about 5 minutes.

Joanne C.

Joanne C.asked

Where can you have a trial of this hizero as it seems too good to be true and I wouldn’t want to be disappointed after spending That amount of money . tia Jo

Jane

I was given a Hizero to use at home for two days before I bought mine. In Melbourne, their office is at 2/122 Whitehorse Rd, Blackburn VIC 3130. Call 1800 662 301 and they will arrange it for you. They are really friendly and helpful. You will love the Hizero!

Hizero A.Hizero

Hi Jo. Thanks for your question! If you call us directly on (03) 9894 1400 we can discuss our locations further with you so that we can arrange for you to have a trial. You wont be disappointed! Have a great day!

Elena R.

Elena R.asked

I have just unpacked my hizero , what am l doing wrong? Water was left uneven in the porcelain tiles , soggy in fact , needed another mop to pick
Up excess water ?

Jane

Did you put the unit togethe from the box, or did your supplier do it for you? It sounds like a part may be installed wrongly

Hizero A.Hizero

Hello Elena, It sounds like you may need to thoroughly soak your cleaning roller. I have emailed through a link to our how too video. Please let us know how you go and give our Support Team a call directly on (03) 9894 1400 if you need any further assistance. Have a great day!

Charlesasked

would this be able to pick up dog hair shed by a long coat german shepherd. Its quite some when he sheds, which is about 12 months of the year. The floors are black galaxy, granite.

Jane

Definitely it will. But... You will need to clean out the brush and rollers probably after each use though, if the dog hair is very thick. Most of the hair will end up in the tray. Cleaning the rollers will only take maybe 3 minutes so it’s quite easy. You’ll be very happy with how well it cleans, and will leave your granite floors clean and streak free.

Charles

Thank you Jane. Am definitely getting myself one tomorrow. Was considering the Bissell 1977F/ Symphony but I'm glad I did my homework.

Hizero A.Hizero

Hi Charles we are available for all support matters, give us a call on 03 9894 1400 or you can check out our help videos on our website which show how to clean and maintain the Hizero, thanks Dino

Jesslyn A.

Jesslyn A.asked

Why is the dirty water was suck in the vacuum dust pan?

Jane

You grate may be installed the wrong way around.... follow the manual and behind the foam roller is the metal grate. It needs to be installed with the curved end towards the back (the manual has illustrations to show you). If it keeps happening, contact your supplier for more help.

Hizero A.Hizero

Hi Jesslyn A, water in the hard waste tray generally means the filter and sink drain need cleaning, please see the attached video link and we are also available to help 03 9894 1400

Ria

Riaasked

Hi, I have wooden laminated floors. They have about 4 ml of oak glued to ply wood. I was told you can not wet the floors too much. I have been using a spray mop but find that you have to keep going over and over the the floors as there is so much dirt on the pads. so I keep cleaning till the pads show no dirt left on them I clean my floors every other day.
Would this floor cleaner be suitable for my floors and clean them thoroughly
Cheers Ria

Jane

The Hizero has two settings for the amount of water you want to use. You push one of the buttons on the handle twice to use more water. The Hizero leaves only a smear of water behind. My issue with the steam mop on our tiles was that the floors were SO wet that they were slippery, and I ALWAYS had streaks left behind. The Hizero is totally streak free and the roller mops up the water as it goes. I can highly recommend it.....

Hizero A.Hizero

Hi Rita further to Jane's response we recommend using mode 1, which uses very little water, thanks again Jane

Nickasked

Hello, we have a hizero which was used perfectly and then put away for 1 week with the roller installed. Now a week later tried to use it. It switches on runs for a few seconds and the. The red light comes on meaning roller jammed. The roller seems to be swollen and therefore jamming. This does not seem normal. Do we now need to purchase a new roller? If this is the case how do you prevent this Fromm happening again? Do not want to buy a roller every week.

Hizero A.Hizero

Hi Nick if you have stored away for a week the roller would have dried out please remove the cleaning roller, and resoak in warm water for 5 minutes and massage until its completely soft again. The roller wont work unless its completely soft. Also please remember to remove the sink drain/metal grate and clean thanks.
call us on 03 9894 1400 if you need more help or see our help videos on our website
cheers Dino

Nick

Hi Dino, thanks for the quick response. I will give your suggestion a go and let you know

Peter K

Peter Kasked

I have smooth pavers/tiles in a small outdoor courtyard. It gets quite dusty. Can I use the Hizero to clean these? Will it pick up the dust and leave the pavers/tiles clean?

Jane

The Hizero should do the job well but if your pavers/tiles have a bit of a Matt surface, the roller will wear more quickly. It will last a lot longer on smooth surfaces. Our tiles are not highly polished - they are more semi-gloss, and they come up brilliantly.

thanks again Jane

Kat B.asked

Hi, I have vinyl flooring with grooves in them. I am wondering how the Hizero will go lifting dirt from these grooves.

Hizero A.Hizero

Hi Kat, the Hizero has a soft Polymer roller which does get into the grooves, you do need to mop with the grain.

Kat B.

Thank you. I have now purchased one and looking forward to see how it goes. When it is not in use, should the power be left on? Will this shorten the battery life?

Hizero A.Hizero

Hi Kat B. You can leave the docking station plugged in if you like. It will not shorten the battery life. Have a great day!

Leanne C.

Leanne C.asked

Hi, I have bamboo flooring, is it safe to use?
Leanne

Hizero A.Hizero

Hi Leanne, the Hizero is safe on all sealed hard floors including Bamboo. If you are in a Metro area we do have loan units available for you to try. Call 03 9894 1400

Mariska M.

Mariska M.asked

Can this be used to clean carpets?

Hizero A.Hizero

Hello Mariska. Thanks for your enquiry. No sorry, unfortunately it doesn't. Only hard floors.
Have a great afternoon! :o)

Daniasked

I have tried many mops solutions ect to clean my ceramic tiles but never get them clean,they always appear to have a filmy look to them will the hizero do the job?? Is there a guarantee of some sorts or a trial period with this product?? Thanks

Hizero A.Hizero

Hi Dani, thnaks for asking, yes you can trial the product in your own home using one of our loan models, but you will need to pick up from one of our showrooms, selected locations, Please call us to discuss 1800 662 301
regards Dino

Dani

Oh that’s great thanks so much for getting back to me so promptly.

Jane

Your tiles will be sparkling clean with no film left behind....I promise you. And they will look better and better as the layers of built up dirt/cleaning products are stripped off.

Laurie J.

Laurie J.asked

How can I get the Hizero to do a test trail on my floors before purchasing this machine? I have been looking at the Bissell crosswava and not sure which is a better product for my home usage.
I have 4 dogs and the pet hair and urine accidents are trying me crazy. Mopping the old fashion way just doesn't seem to getting my floors clean. Please help me !
L. JONES, LULING, LA. 70070

Hizero A.Hizero

Hi Laurie where are u located ?

csutak40

csutak40asked

I have Karndean van Gogh vinyl plank flooring. Not sure if this is considered "sealed" or not. It is planks, glued down
Would Hizero be suitable for that?
It is in my living areas (the kitchen, bathroom etc has tiles) so doesn't get very dirty, but find having to use two different products to wash the floors really frustrating (Karndean says one must use pH neutral detergent, which is not what I use in the kitchen)

Hizero A.Hizero

Yes HIZERO will work on all vinyl planks as it does not heat the water and our detergent is PH neutral should be fine. Note you can use Hizero with or without detergent

Tom

Tomasked

I just bought a Hizero so it is basically still brand new. I tried it on my tiles but it doesn't seem to be working properly. There is water in the dry refuse tray and the roller isn't doing a good job of cleaning the floor. A quick wipe with a damp cloth removes the marks on the tiles but the Hizeto struggles. What am I doing incorrectly.

banksie56

On a brand new product this should not be happening so I'd Contact the supplier. If this isn't an option, check the sink is clean and installed correctly, the roller is locked in and all trays are clean and firmly in place. I also had this issue with mine but cleaning & reinstalling all the bits fixed the problem.

Hizero A.Hizero

Hi Tom sounds like the cleaning roller is not fully wet, it needs to be soft right to the core or else it wont soak up the water. Please try resoaking the roller and rub your hand up and down over it to check for hard spots please. We have videos on our website and you tube explaining how to do this
If you need more help call 1800 662 301

Baraa Z.

Baraa Z.asked

Hi ..does it work on carpets as well ?

banksie56

No, not at all, it is only a hard floor cleaner.

TurquoiseBlissasked

Hi,
We have to 2 Border Collies hence a lot of dog hair which i need to vacuum every second day, would the Hizero be suitable for this?

TI J
TI J

Hi, I mop everyday using the Hizero now, morning and night. I actually dont mind now if dogs and kids make a mess as it gives me a reason to mop. I just do a full clean of the mop (weekly, forthrightly) which is quick and easy as Ive had to use so much water before Hizero. For the price you pay I can say its been worth the investment for me. And a plus is they have wonderful customer service. Very helpful and prompt when answering my enquires.

TurquoiseBliss

Thanks for your reply TI J.
Where does all the dog hair go and will the Hizero hold it all?

Hizero A.Hizero

The dog hair ends up in the hard waste tray or around the brush roller, easy to remove and clean weekly as TI J mentioned
thanks Dino

Get an answer from our members and Hizero representatives