HobbyKing

HobbyKing

Dennis D.

Dennis D.Sydney, NSW

Best online hobby shop out there

Randall dieckmann

Randall dieckmannSouth East Queensland, QLD

Scam and fraud

Been waiting 8 months on a refund after hobby king were unable to supply my order just keep say it will be there in a few days just a scam

Jim R.Perth, WA

Bad service

Bad service.
I recently bought a Turnigy TGY remote control, web page was priced in Aus$ when i proceeded through to pay for this item, Hobby King changed the price to US$ then converted back to Aus$ and the price went up by $4. I know this is not a large amount but when done to every transaction there is a large RIP OFF to all customers, Postage has been so slow 12 days up to now across Australia!!!! i have purchased large items {motorbike exhaust} from USA and they were delivered in 9 days. Take notice of the other post regarding this company do not buy from Hobby King pay a little more for customer service.

DarceSydney, NSW

Should be closed down. Their refund policies are criminal.

Darce

Update: as I was replacing crappy servos. The esc went on the blink do to the control board being faulty!! Even the inbuilt ubec failed. This piece of crap is dangerous!!!

Rocko WallabyGold Coast

NEVER buy from Hobbyking. Customer service is nonexistent!

Rocko Wallaby

Seems Paypal agreed with me, and not Hobbyking.
Partial refund of props and shipping received thanks to Paypal.
Guess you lose, Hobbyking...

Anthony NNorth Western Region, NSW

Good prices but , Looks suspect .

I intended to purchase a E bike OR E bike conversion kit , however the site kept telling me they could not post to my postcode without any reason why so I cancelled my purchase before paying .

Lbar

LbarExeter

Abusive and nasty staff who are vindictive and liars

Ex display Durafly Tundra

I recently purchased a Durafly Tundra... It arrived damaged, I contacted Hobbyking and explained the situation,,,, They listened and explained they were hobbyist as well and understood me being upset..... they looked into my purchase and FIXED IT INSTANTLY . THANKS HOBBYKING

Absolute rubbish service and rubbish products!

More misleading prices

Purchased two items - one stocked in HK warehouse, the other in Aus warehouse. Prices/shipping shown in Aud. Completed as one order. Paid with credit card instead of PayPal this time to try and avoid the conversion rate ripoff - still got slugged an extra $9 Aud over the order total on the bank statement!

Fraudulent Price Listings

Website shows Australian Dollars. That should be binding or don't show it.
HK uses US Dollars, so prices differ due to Exchange rates.
HK gives US dollar price to Paypal, and AUD price can jump ~ 5% up from listed website price.

Fraudulent practice, don't show Australian Dollar price if you can't back it up.

Shocking postage charges and very poor service.

H.K should learn from some off the other companies selling on E.Bay e.g. I ordered a model plane from Banggood on a Sunday and it was at my front door on Wednesday,now that's what I call service.H.K use a courier company called Fastway, what a joke my order took over a week to get to my door from just the other side of Australia.I will never buy from H/K/ again .Why don't they read our reviews and get a clue!!!

Smee

SmeeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Poor web page and no stock.

They used to be good, Now no communication, Very expensive postage and never have stock. Never again will I buy from HK.

Osmosis

OsmosisNorthern Region, NSW

Worst website, selling from Aust warehouse in USD and more

mbnew

mbnewMelb

Terrible

Ordered a Drone for my Son's birthday. At checkout paid for express post 5-14 day delivery. Currently at Day 26 with no Tracking no. able to be given and no adequate response from them. Never again!

Michael

MichaelMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

Postage too slow

As is common with Hobbyking you pay up front including postage and as I write I’ve waited a month for 3 batteries to arrive and still a no show. I thought it might be due to the wonderful service we now get from Australia post now that their service is second rate but this one even outdoes them.

Last time they get me !

very good on service but a bit short on communication

I ordered seven items on the night of 22 Jan 2018 for delivery to Mount Martha, VIC. They arrived by AP courier on 29 Jan, all items as ordered (total AU$70). No problems there.

I was a little disappointed that I did not receive a notification of posting nor of the tracking number. A minor blemish given the prompt delivery.

For those customers who whinge about HK not being as cheap as O/S prices, give them a big positive for the quicker supply if they have it in Moruya!!!

Just another online store and not the best

Don't Have a Lot of Stock Nowadays

In times past, HK Australia had loads of different models to order (be it planes, helicopters or whatever). Nowadays they seem to have cut back significantly on this. Don't get me wrong, HK are still great for accessories, tools and other miscellaneous items but they are lacking in the actual range of models. This is a pity as HK used to have some awesome models I would regularly buy from their Aussie warehouse. Nowadays, they do not. Such a pity as I used to like getting new planes cheaper from HK than I could at a hobby shop.

Cass

CassAU

OK with variety but no longer best in price

I have purchased over 20 items from Hobby King over the years. In the recent years the prices get less competitive if the postage is added. As observed by others, the prices are usually in USD but you can click AUD option (or other currency). Most annoying thing is that Australia warehouse does not stock a lot and many items must be sent from overseas warehouse ... so the postage is higher and so the delivery time would very a lot, from a few days to weeks.
Just to sum up: Have a good variety of hobby items/small tools/equipment but sometimes it can be frustrated in ordering.

Jeremy G.

Jeremy G.asked

hobbyking can suck a big one. ive bought thousands of AU dollars worth of gear of them in the past. But now they dont have a presence in australia anymore. ill go somewhere else.
Thats the thing with aussies mate. support us an we will support you. Abandon us and we will drop you like a we have done with holden and ford.
HOBBYKING< YOU SUCK

Jim R.

Hi Jeremy i am surprised that you have given 2 star....... my anger is directed at there poor excuse on the way the customer is charged, When browsing there site goode are price in A$, in every other site i have purchased from whatever the country if the price is A$ that's what you pay, i was charged extra $5 after conversion to US$ then Back to A$ and Hobbyking responded that it was due Paypal. As far as i am concerned this is total deceit and fraud to all customers.

ABRAHAM N.

ABRAHAM N.asked

Why, when placing an order in excess of $60, do you continue to adjust the postage-free amount by various amounts, including several of $1.00 above the $70 mark. This is a major turn-off and I just cancelled. What is the postage-free mark? No means of contact and a 'could't care less, rip-off attitude"!

Anthony N

This site has strange way of operating , good prices BUT it would not sell me the item I was trying to buy as kept saying they can not post to my area . I would stay clear of HobbyKing till they improve things .

quintonasked

Hi my boy brought me a fly sky FS-T6 control he though he was doing the right thing, this control has 6 channels will only work on planes do you ore do you now some one that can convert it to surface control i have tamiya track truck and i needed something with 6 channels?
many thanks
David Quinton

RussellP
RussellP

Sorry David, out of my field of league. RussellP.

quinton

many thanks for your quick response