Holden Commodore VE (2006-2013)

Holden Commodore VE (2006-2013)

An amazing car ..

Bought my 07 ve omega 2 weeks ago,
It is 3.6 petrol/factory gas, I get about 600 klms from 73 ltrs of gas have only used half a tank of petrol, this car is so smooth to drive, cannot feel the change from petrol to gas and back, it's one of the best maintained second hand cars I have driven, a credit to previous owners, nothing to spend on it as yet, everything works great, can't fault it, I average 800 klicks per week, and the comfort it gives is second to none...in closing...I love it !

Purchased in January 2019 for $4,500.00.

Noise Level
Boot Size
Features
Comfort

Good quality car

Very impressed, reliable and looks great - was choosing between this and a similar model and glad I chose what I did as I have been thoroughly impressed and blown away by the craftsmanship and sheer reliability of this stellar vehicle just time and time again. Would def recommend as a great car.

BadgeSS
Date PurchasedMar 2012

2012 VE SSZ

Although i have not had the car long it is a blast to drive, especially having the 6 speed manual. There are lots of windy corners in my area and this beast just loves corners! The factory stereo is crap. The car has rear muffler delete so it sounds more like a V8 should. On a 470km trip i averaged 9.7L/100km which is great for the size of the engine and car. I have always maintained my own cars and i always do oil and filter at 5000km, not 10,000 or 15,000 as Holden suggest. Look after your car and it will look after you.

BadgeSS Z Series
Date PurchasedDec 2018

Great car for the family. Plenty of room, good on fuel.

I use my car daily ferrying the kids to school as well as commuting to and from work, we regularly take it on the open road, goes beautifully. I service it every 6 months, no known issues so far. This car was very well maintained by its previous owner. All I’ve had to do was put new tyres on it and replace brake pads, it’s a very comfortable family car. And so far very reliable.
After driving manual transmission cars for the last 20 years the auto transmission is an added bonus! My VE is one of the best cars I’ve ever owned.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

one of the best car's

i use this car pretty much everyday and nothing has ever gone wrong with it. the car is very basic car but is perfect for every day life. i've only had to get the car serviced one or twice over the past 3-4 years that i have owned the car. but those were mainly just because of the fact that the car was old. but other than that one of the best cars that you could possibly own

BadgeInternational
Date PurchasedFeb 2014

such a good car

Love my Commos, good, solid reliable car. you can crash most cars and they are a complete right off - Not a commodore it will take a hit and keep on going. Parts are easy to find and cheap and the few minor issues they have later in life is easy fixed.

Engine Size5.7
Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Drives well

My daily commuter a ve series 1 2007 dual fuel , When i brought the car it had timing chain issues but i drove it like that for 50,000km then i decided to change them (they were missing by a tooth on the gear) because of the check engine light , after that it was no problem but car went the same , good smooth car , good on lpg , shockers get leaky after about 150,000km , it's a typical aussie car very reliable besides the timing faults , nice to drive , handles surprisingly well, had it for 5 years , big back space , huge inside feels like a lounge , plenty of power , and if you like engine noise when you step on it , it's there , safe car .

Date PurchasedOct 2007

Money Pit

Bought a series 1 SV6 with 6 speed manual. 83,000kms when I bought it in 2015, 135,000kms when i sold it 2018. Loved it as it was my first car. After about 2 years of ownership the problems began. Clutch died, radiator cracked, washer bottle cracked, radiator hose split, driver's side strut-top loosened and rattled like a jar of change. Exhaust formed a leak at catalytic converter weld, went through 2 engine oil pressure sensors in 1 year, air con compressor made a hell of a racket, and of course the timing chains stretched. Spent over $8k in repairs not including servicing every 10,000kms (whoever decided on 15k intervals should be shot).

Good space, good interior and exterior styling, good power, good gear box.

Will never buy another commodore as Holden failed miserably on the VE.

Date PurchasedAug 2015

great car, lots of space, smooth ride

A great vehicle for a family, whether commuting or long distance (drove it from Melbourne to Brisbane over two days, with no problems whatsoever), mine has only 59 000 kms (being an ex company vehicle, so not thrashed). The six speed automatic is smooth and powerful, though I wonder if the fuel consumption is actually more than stated. The only minor complaint I have is that the back wagon door doesn't shut properly, unless closed very carefully: often takes multiple attempts to do it right, otherwise no issues and I'm very happy with it.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Big spacious,cruise, reliae

I use my car commuting to work mostly as I ttavel 60ks four times a week as a.musician I think this car is ideal because of it cruise control and good in.feul, I get the. At serviced every 10,000 ks, and I have had no issues with it.I think that I will get my moneys worth and it will last me years, I like the spacious boot, and room inside the car

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Dual fuel omega best ccar ive owned!

My 2010 omega has clocked up 624000 kms, interstate trips almost every week and back and forth to perth a thousand times
Great economy on fuel and gas ,motor is quiet cold and im sure it's going to go for ages yet.the interior is a bit daggy but planning an upgrade to sv6 interior soon.

Date PurchasedJan 2012

Holden VE 2011 Omega Series 2 TOTAL LEMON

this car is a complete LEMON Holden customer care DONT CARE!
I WILL NEVER RECOMEND HOLDEN TO ANYONE.
nothing but problems with this heap of crap.
paid 15 k second hand have spent already another 4- 5 K IN REPAIRS so far on
timing chain set
rear main seals x 2 + servicing

Date PurchasedMar 2015

Long term reliable car

623,521km , yep those k,s are real for a 2010 dual fuel omega.its been adelaide to melbourne every other weekend and some darwin trips too. (Very widespread family) , once the warranty was up i changed oils at 10, 000 k intervals and serviced trans and dif oils once a year.its had two sets of iridium plugs and really feels no different than when i first got it.ive been really impressed with the car and have upgraded shocks and am running nrembos off a hsv all round.air con is great and gets re gassed every other year and ive replaced the radiator once.very happy!

Date PurchasedApr 2010

This car is great

They've holden commodore is a terrific car for the family. Plenty of space for the kids and lots of space Im the boot. This is good reliable car that is comfortable and easy to run. It handles all weather situations and performs as well as any other commodore. I would highly recommend this car to anyone who wants a affordable car that performs well.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Check Engine Light is staying on have had my VE II Commodore Berlina International Wagon check at a

We purchased this car brand new and we love it but I do have concerns regarding the check engine light staying on. Need advice on a fix for this that shouldn't cost me $2400.00 in doing so, we have done 134,000km in this car and it is well serviced.
Need Advice

BadgeBerlina
Date PurchasedMay 2011

Love my car!

I love my Holden commodore ve, I upgraded from a vt and am so glad I made the leap when I did, the interior of the car is beautiful, the fabrics are soft and comfortable, the drive is smooth with minimal road noise inside. The service costs are really cheap and affordable. Petrol in my car is on the expensive side but it had the power to move and makes me feel safe and secure. Perfect car!!!

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Wonderful car with great presence on the road

Love the looks of this car, have had it for 8 years now and is going strong. almost done 144000 kms on it and never any problems apart from regular service with genuine holden parts. Only thing i dont like about it, is the interior. Very cheap plastic and the seats are uncomfortable. Fuel consumption is relatively high as oppossed to Ford XR6.

Date PurchasedMar 2010

HOLDEN COMMODORE OMEGA 3 STATION WAGON

Love the power and size, sleek look inside and out. Lots and lots of leg room front and back of car and boot.
With continued and regular servicing which it has had, the car will continue to run smoothly.
Although v6 the gas is completely affordable, a nice alternative to gas guzzlers.
I can't fault anything on this car, love it!!

BodyStation wagon
TransmissionTiptronic
Date PurchasedNov 2016

Gearbox problem

brought the car and had for just over 1 year and then the gear box went on it (auto)
overheated when first picked up from dealership also tyre nuts were loose
wouldnt buy any new model commodore as they are rubbish
stick to vy and early models and save your self the hassle

Engine Size3.8
Date PurchasedApr 2016

Cheap and disappointing

First, let me qualify my review: I bought my 2010 VE Series II Berlina wagon at auction with 266,000kms on it. I have since added another 12,000kms.

Equipment:
- 3.0L V6 engine (Omega and Berlina only got 3.0L)
- 6 speed automatic
- Leather interior (I'm sure it's fake. It's horrible)
- 6 speaker stereo
- Colour touchscreen media centre with Bluetooth connectivity
- Climate control (dual zone)

The Good:
- It's big
- Traction control works well when attempting 4wd tracks (I even managed to keep driving uphill with 1 rear wheel in the air!)
- It was cheap
- .......ummmm, I won't be upset if I hit a kangaroo (for the car anyway).

The Bad:
- The driver's seat squeaks badly
- The stereo is rubbish and lacks any bass whatsoever
- The climate control is terrible. I am constantly adjusting the temperature. I have never had a problem with climate control in any other vehilce but this thing has a mind of it's own. 4 seasons in 1 car trip.
- Build quality is cheap and nasty
- Fuel economy is poor - 9.6L/100km cruising up the expressway and back with cruise control, average speed 85.9km/h
- The engine is severely lacking in torque!!! It claims 190kW power but only 290Nm torque. It is absolutely terrible to drive. Take offs are sluggish at best. I mean, it will not take off quick whatsoever, like you can't even accelerate fast when pulling out into traffic. It's abysmal. I can't believe it.
- The transmission. I hate autos at the best of times but this one is woeful. My wife has a 2009 CX-9 with a 6-speed auto and it is smooth and silky (I almost don't mind it), but the Berlina's transmission is coarse and agricultural. It is bumpy through the gears, it's ALWAYS in the wrong gear when accelerating out of a corner, it does not seem tuned to the torque-less 3.0L engine (it seems as though the transmission is tuned for the 3.6L engine with more torque). I spend most of my time cruising up and down the freeway with the cruise control at +110km/h. This slug will hold gears for way too long causing the speed to drop more than 5km/h below the setpoint before shifting back 2 or 3 gears and screaming back up to where it should be and then overshooting the mark, all just for a slight incline in the road. It's rubbish. Trying to maintain speed manually with your foot is frustrating to say the least. The car will begin to slow at the slightest hint of a rise, so you keep pressing the pedal down, further, further, further, until you're almost at the floor and then MANG, MANG, MAAAAAANG!!!! it drops back 3 gears and finally starts accelerating. Disgraceful.

I give it 2 stars because, as disgusting as it is to drive, it has been reliable so far.

Nice work Holden! It's no wonder you had to shut up shop here in Australia.

BadgeBerlina