Holden Commodore VE

Holden Commodore VE (2006-2013)

• Braking
  • Features
Emily D.

Emily D.Central, SA

Great family car

Got my green ve sv6 auto in 2014 second owner had 78000 kms as it was the daily but since ive owned it its a family car we had to travel 400 plus kms every 2 weeks one way for appointment for our child also used for school runs daily 72kms a week day we live on dirt roads hubby is mechanic and done all services on it never had any problems with it just spoiler clear coat coming off we have 3 kids in carseats they all fit comfortably the boots massive and cars super smooth to drive my car has 315000kms on the clock still going like new only ever done a new battery in 2019 tyres and brakes and normal services having to up grade to a larger car before next year as we are wanting a 4th child but will be super sad to see my green machine go

Purchased in September 2014 for $18,000.00.

Bluey Bonzano

Bluey BonzanoGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

2009 Omega Sportwagon

Best car I’ve owned in 40 years of driving. Bought my ‘09 wagon with 39,000 kms on the clock, now has 127,000 kms. The first few years I would get it serviced by the book’s recommendation at 15,000 kms intervals, however once it got to 100,000 kms I learnt from other VE owners that this is way too long between oil & filter changes so I now do them myself ever 7,500 kms. These cars have a reputation of worn/stretched timing chains, but I believe if you do more regular oil & filter changes it will reduce the likelihood of oil sludge buildup, which from what I’ve researched, is one of the main reasons for the timing chain issues along with incorrect oil use. I would not hesitate recommending this car.

Purchased in June 2010.

HaleyJ1008

HaleyJ1008Great Southern, WA

Absolutely love this car!

Purchased in April 2020 for $8,200.00.

Vicki E.

Vicki E.Wimmera, VIC

I LOVE MY SEXY RED 2008 VE SS

I'm so happy with my red 2008 VE SS I got it in the memory of my son an at moment in shed waiting to get fuel pump in her
Gotta except things to go wrong when buying any car

Purchased in December 2018 at Car City for $12,999.00.

daz

daz

no problems great car ve omega

Purchased in September 2007 for $8,000.00.

Cassandra

CassandraSydney, NSW

Love Commodores

I love Holden Commodores but the VE is by far my favourite. It is so smooth and for a V6 it is very fuel efficient. Would recommend a VE to anyone

Purchased in May 2019 at Holden Dealers for $11,000.00.

Great Car

Awesome car, really comfortable, plenty of power and looks great. Had no problems with it at all so far, would recommend it to anyone that’d listen, assuming you can afford the fuel.

Purchased in February 2019 for $18,990.00.

Lisa S

Lisa SMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very reliable

I own a 2012 ve ss manual.
Fantastic car!! I had to replace the radiator hose back in 2016 and that is the only time the car has had to stop.
Battery gave up in 2016 also lasted 4 years.
Had to replace the traction button recently in 2018 and had to replace the reverse camera as it was faulty in 2018 all under warranty. I have done full logbook and never needed any extra work. Couldnt speak more highly of it. Also still on the original brakes which are going on 7 years old and the still have life left!!

Purchased in October 2012.

.mee

.meeSouthern and Hills, SA

An amazing car ..

Bought my 07 ve omega 2 weeks ago,
It is 3.6 petrol/factory gas, I get about 600 klms from 73 ltrs of gas have only used half a tank of petrol, this car is so smooth to drive, cannot feel the change from petrol to gas and back, it's one of the best maintained second hand cars I have driven, a credit to previous owners, nothing to spend on it as yet, everything works great, can't fault it, I average 800 klicks per week, and the comfort it gives is second to none...in closing...I love it !

Purchased in January 2019 for $4,500.00.

Josho

Joshoperth

Good quality car

Very impressed, reliable and looks great - was choosing between this and a similar model and glad I chose what I did as I have been thoroughly impressed and blown away by the craftsmanship and sheer reliability of this stellar vehicle just time and time again. Would def recommend as a great car.

BadgeSS
Date PurchasedMar 2012
The Bull

The BullGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

2012 VE SSZ

Although i have not had the car long it is a blast to drive, especially having the 6 speed manual. There are lots of windy corners in my area and this beast just loves corners! The factory stereo is crap. The car has rear muffler delete so it sounds more like a V8 should. On a 470km trip i averaged 9.7L/100km which is great for the size of the engine and car. I have always maintained my own cars and i always do oil and filter at 5000km, not 10,000 or 15,000 as Holden suggest. Look after your car and it will look after you.

BadgeSS Z Series
Engine Size6.0
Date PurchasedDec 2018
Clara

ClaraMelbourne

Great car for the family. Plenty of room, good on fuel.

I use my car daily ferrying the kids to school as well as commuting to and from work, we regularly take it on the open road, goes beautifully. I service it every 6 months, no known issues so far. This car was very well maintained by its previous owner. All I’ve had to do was put new tyres on it and replace brake pads, it’s a very comfortable family car. And so far very reliable.
After driving manual transmission cars for the last 20 years the auto transmission is an added bonus! My VE is one of the best cars I’ve ever owned.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
KKK

KKKVIC

one of the best car's

i use this car pretty much everyday and nothing has ever gone wrong with it. the car is very basic car but is perfect for every day life. i've only had to get the car serviced one or twice over the past 3-4 years that i have owned the car. but those were mainly just because of the fact that the car was old. but other than that one of the best cars that you could possibly own

BadgeInternational
Engine Size3.6
Date PurchasedFeb 2014
Alan H

Alan HAU

such a good car

Love my Commos, good, solid reliable car. you can crash most cars and they are a complete right off - Not a commodore it will take a hit and keep on going. Parts are easy to find and cheap and the few minor issues they have later in life is easy fixed.

Engine Size5.7
Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Joe

JoeMelbourne

Drives well

My daily commuter a ve series 1 2007 dual fuel , When i brought the car it had timing chain issues but i drove it like that for 50,000km then i decided to change them (they were missing by a tooth on the gear) because of the check engine light , after that it was no problem but car went the same , good smooth car , good on lpg , shockers get leaky after about 150,000km , it's a typical aussie car very reliable besides the timing faults , nice to drive , handles surprisingly well, had it for 5 years , big back space , huge inside feels like a lounge , plenty of power , and if you like engine noise when you step on it , it's there , safe car .

Date PurchasedOct 2007

Engine Size3.6
Date PurchasedAug 2015
Andy

AndySouth East Queensland, QLD

great car, lots of space, smooth ride

A great vehicle for a family, whether commuting or long distance (drove it from Melbourne to Brisbane over two days, with no problems whatsoever), mine has only 59 000 kms (being an ex company vehicle, so not thrashed). The six speed automatic is smooth and powerful, though I wonder if the fuel consumption is actually more than stated. The only minor complaint I have is that the back wagon door doesn't shut properly, unless closed very carefully: often takes multiple attempts to do it right, otherwise no issues and I'm very happy with it.

BodySportwagon
Date PurchasedJuly 2018
Tee

Tee

Big spacious,cruise, reliae

I use my car commuting to work mostly as I ttavel 60ks four times a week as a.musician I think this car is ideal because of it cruise control and good in.feul, I get the. At serviced every 10,000 ks, and I have had no issues with it.I think that I will get my moneys worth and it will last me years, I like the spacious boot, and room inside the car

BadgeSV6
Engine Size6.0
Date PurchasedAug 2018

Dual fuel omega best ccar ive owned!

My 2010 omega has clocked up 624000 kms, interstate trips almost every week and back and forth to perth a thousand times
Great economy on fuel and gas ,motor is quiet cold and im sure it's going to go for ages yet.the interior is a bit daggy but planning an upgrade to sv6 interior soon.

Date PurchasedJan 2012
Stuart

StuartTownsville

Holden VE 2011 Omega Series 2 TOTAL LEMON

this car is a complete LEMON Holden customer care DONT CARE!
I WILL NEVER RECOMEND HOLDEN TO ANYONE.
nothing but problems with this heap of crap.
paid 15 k second hand have spent already another 4- 5 K IN REPAIRS so far on