Holden Cruze JH (Sedan) SRi-V
Part of Holden Cruze 2.4

Holden Cruze JH (Sedan) SRi-V (2012-2016)

Holden Cruze JH (Sedan) SRi-V

Features

Juj
JujGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

2013-2016 SRi's are criminally underrated

I've owned a 2013 Cruze SRI V for the last 2 years and despite the bad reviews I love it.

Currently at 210,000 km and it drives like beauty. Never had any major issue with it (I do service it every 10,000 km). The 1.6 Turbo engine is actually quite fun, and far better than the gutless 1.8 Petrol or the 1.4 Turbo. Got a decent amount of power and acceleration for the price too. I only paid $9000 back in 2020 yet it can beat VE SV6's that costs $5000-$10000 more.

Would never recommend a 2009-2012 Cruze, or any 1.8 Petrol Cruze (too gutless and boring) but the 2013-2016 1.6 Turbo SRi's are criminally underrated. Show details

dionsmum
Handling
Julie
JulieBrisbane21 posts

Do not buy this car

I would give this 0 stars if possible. Never EVER buy this car. If you see a used Cruze for sale - don’t do it no matter how good a deal it appears to be. We purchased this car brand new in 2013. For the first 2-3 years it was ok with no major issues. Then it just started falling apart. Coolant issues, engine light going on and off, constant oil leaks amongst other issues. After years and thousands of dollars we recently discovered the turbo, water pump and cylinders were all falling apart/not working and the car has now been sent to the wreckers where it belongs. Every single mechanic we have seen cringes when would tell them we had a Holden Cruze. Just don’t do it.  Show details
Aaron S.
Aaron S.Gippsland, VIC4 posts
  JH

Save yourself the headaches and believe all the bad press

I downgraded my car so I could get a home loan. I wanted a cheap run about. I read all the reviews on the Cruze but thought surely they can't all be duds so took a chance and bought a Cruze. I got about 10000ks from it before I started having issues. I had the car for a year and half and in that time needed to replace the thermostat , water pumper , turbo , numerous cooling hoses and oil pipes. After fixing all these the turbo started leaking again ! So enough was enough and I sold it. Purchased a Lancer which was made in the same year. I've now had the lancer for three years and not a single issue. Believe the reviews on the this poorly built car and save yourself some money and get something else.  Show details
Danielle S.
Danielle S.South East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Great Family Car

We have had our Cruze for almost 4yrs now and we still love it like the day we first bought it. Its been used for daily commute to work and up and down dirt roads with no dramas. We have put on well over 70,000km since purchasing and have had no major dramas with it. We get it serviced regularly to the service book recommendation and have had no major issues mechanically. One of the best cars I have owned and would happily buy another again if I had to! Show details
Peter458
Peter458Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC3 posts
Bruno
Bruno3 posts

Lemon jh 1.4 litre of holden accc

Every 10000 km our car has been serviced by holden dealship we done 4 turbos 3 water reservoir 3 water pumps endless problems with water .now our latest problems is out jh holden cruze 1.4 litre car cutting out while driving on highway .i just found out mechanic has taken relay fuses to fuel pump without our knowledge .our car cut out while drivi g on gighway with semi tralier avoiding us car shakes like timing out or not getting correct fuel. back to holden .see what going on .

Christine
ChristineMount Barker4 posts
Joe
JoeMelbourne22 posts

Horrible mechanical issues

Had the car for 3 days and the engine gave up on me, got it for the wife but isnt reliable enough for use of motor vehicle, worst car ever, terrible engineering, it's a nice looking car with a comfortable interior, heated seats, gps and such but to own this vehicle you'd have to be mad.

Martin Lindsey
Martin LindseySouth East Queensland, QLD6 posts

Great Car

What a great car. I don't know why they discontinued them. This is the best car I have driven in my life. Wasn't sure on buying a Holden when I first looked into the Cruze but when I took it for a test drive I was sold. It's the little things that helped make up my mind like the heated leather seats, auto headlights, hard drive for the radio so you can download your music. Still own it - not sure if I can upgrade to something new as this is the best.

Sam
SamSydney, NSW60 posts

It has been good to me

I must be lucky. Driving performance has always been good. The only issue has been a squeak in the driver's seat. It seems that the leather rubs against something which causes the squeak. Nice look both inside and out. The display is not as good and convenient as some comparable cars. It has been very reliable so far. No major issues at all.

Tegz
Tegz5 posts

I love my car

My cars performance is great, good on fuel and handles well in all weather.

I love the heated seats but dislike the position of the air vents behind the steering wheel so its hard to feel.

Legroom is great and i get on average 500kms per tank of petrol but more on open roads.

Hansa
HansaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC12 posts

Good Car - Had few issues

had car for 2 years.. faced to few issues with engine & transmission.

but its good family car with good options & very good look....

Bought from used car dealer. Powerful car. Love to drive this 1.4T.

Feel like Holden made good car with Bad motor in it..

however Still Love our little Car..

Nicole
NicoleMelbourne7 posts

Great first car!

This is by far the best car i have driven and has been a great first car. very reliable, comfortable and handles really well. along with being fuel efficient the smaller features such as the leather heat seats and fold down back seats makes the car even better! this is a great first car, last car, family car, all round car.

Neel
NeelMelbourne3 posts

Dream car

Loved the car. Been using for almost 6 years now. I got the SRi-V vesion. The leather seats are great, entertainment system feels like its playing in a club. The handlind and driving is top class. I got a manual as I find it more fun to drive than an automatic. Its been really economical and faultless uptil now.

Graham D
Graham D · JH (Sedan) SRi-V (2012-2016)

Hi, need some help, I have a Holden 11/2011 JH Cruze SRI-V 1.4i Ti Turbo Induction Sedan it has 126,000 K's on the clock drives really well and very clean for it's year. Having issue with push button start ignition, some times it just won't work, all the lights come on but will not go to start stage, engine management light comes on, I wait for a short while for system to reset but it does it over and over then all of a sudden it will work. Thought it might be battery, put a new one in and changed battery in remote thinking maybe it was not picking up the remote signal, but still giving me issues. I have checked on line and have not seen anyone with this problem. Do you or anyone have any suggestions as to what it might be?

Peter L
Peter L · JH (Sedan) SRi-V (2012-2016)

Does anybody know what oils and filters are used on a 150000 service on a Holden Cruze JH (Sedan) SRi-V.

John M.
John M.

Compare all Holden Cruze listings
CategoryCars and SedansCars and SedansCars and SedansCars and Sedans
Starting Price $29,340$29,990$22,090$23,790
TransmissionAutomatic and ManualAutomatic and ManualAutomatic and ManualAutomatic and Manual
Fuel TypePetrolDiesel and PetrolPetrolDiesel and Petrol
Engine4 Cylinder 1.6L4 Cylinder 2.0L4 Cylinder 1.8L4 Cylinder 1.8L
Max Power132kW @ 5500rpm110kW @ 4000rpm104kW @ 6300rpm104kW @ 6200rpm
Max Torque230Nm @ 2200rpm320Nm @ 2000rpm175Nm @ 3800rpm176Nm @ 3800rpm
Country of ManufactureAustraliaSouth KoreaAustraliaAustralia
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)
Release date