2Holden Vectra JS
Part of Holden Vectra 2.9

Holden Vectra JS (1998-2002)

2Holden Vectra JS

George M.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC5 posts
Eric S.
Eric S.3 posts

High oil consumption

It was a great little car, but I hated that every 5k you need to top up oil. I did use lots of engine braking. Someone told me that was good for the engine. Also mine had cartridge oil filter. A pain to change it! Heater tap cracked once and it was a pain to replace. Not much room under the bonnet. And lots of electrics went wrong. There are better cars out there, I would never buy it again and I certainly do not recommend it. I loved the European shape and the features inside and purchased it for $1,000 so that was cheap. Show details
Tim
TimSydney, NSW8 posts
Mister
Mister2 posts
  JS

Was her best car til it got written off

powerful lil car. drove all round Australia in it. Loved the car surprisingly it didn't go through as much fuel as I first thought when I heard 2.2l 4cyl but it was great being able to get power when you wanted. Getting another now 2005 cd zc 2.2 manual. Already done 290,000k so what needs to be replaced next anyone know?

ChrisFRD
ChrisFRDMetropolitan Adelaide, SA29 posts
Plocky
Plocky

Vectra definitely not A LEMON

Had this 2.6 litre v6 hatch since new in 2002. It has been and still is A GREAT CAR. It has well outlasted my 2004 BMW 3 series which I got rid of due to persistant oil and coolant leaks even though it had done only about 105,000 kms. Only now am I having a few minor issues which is to be expected given the age of the car.

Sami
SamiVictory (Dandenong)3 posts

My first car

It is a 2.2 litre car with 4 cyl engine, 5 doors 4 seats sedan. I am feeling nice to have this car. The car is very smooth to drive. Good mileage and control. Soothing look. Fluent efficient. Economic car. Its security system is really amazing. It is my first car.

Kempy
Kempy

1999 Vectra Station Wagon

Bought this car with 128,000km on the odometer. First problem - timing belt incorrectly fitted. Second problem - speedo tacho working intermittently (apparently a common problem that dealers now about} Third problem - engine switching off at traffic lights - using higher octane fuel did not resolve the problem. Blew a head gasket. Sold after 12 months. Good features but just too much trouble. I will never buy another Opel based Holden.

Geoff P
schottyvictoria australia, 320110 posts
Benjamin.h.l
Benjamin.h.lSydney Surrounds, NSW2 posts

Okay When It's Okay

It's a good driver, nice engine but very unreliable.

It's also very tight inside the cabin, but there's a lot of gadgets (which is probably why it's so unreliable).

For the size of the car it's not economical, at about 8L per 100km which is good for a family car but not a car as small and tight as this.

Can't count how much has broken altogether but recently the starter motor died, over heated a few times and stalled plenty.

wizentub
wizentub6 posts

A really good ride

Purchased ten year old vectra, well serviced. Engine warning light kept coming on and I was warned but also told to use the good fuel every 4th tank. I used the 98 octaine and the great performance became terrific, the engine light went off, obviously the lower octaine fuel sets off the sensors. For the price its a fun car as long as your prepared to maintain it. My Nissan 260c went around Australia three times and was still a top car until stolen . I'll let you know how they compare in time.

Show details ·  1

anu
anu

This is lemon

I brought this one my second car...that day rediator hose broken...i call dealer to inform that but they not flaxible.im worry about it....i never ever buy holden again...as soon as i say good bye this car...and move to brand new japanes one.i lost $ 4700+700 (for hose and repair).don't buy astra its same..lemon.im verry unhappy that dealer..

ocampbell
ocampbell

Do not waste your money

Looks good, drives ok only when it's working.

2 radiators, pumps, 2 head gasket kits and every thing else that goes with fixing these problems within 2 years later and I'm broke.

Car sales should not sale them.

Save your time and money do not buy

They should recall this Model and refund the owners