• Build Stage
  • Electrical & Lighting
  • Flooring

Binoy Vincent

Binoy VincentGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Quality home at a reasonable price

Reviewer

ReviewerPerth, WA

Id try another builder

J. O'S

J. O'SPerth, WA

Wish I chose a different builder

Initial stages were great, their sales and marketing team do a super job. Always available to answer any queries or help with design. Unfortunately what they promise and make you believe falls far short in reality.

After signing there was issues and delays at every stage. It seems they have taken on too much work and are unable to cope.
I have been in the construction industry for almost 20 years, I have high expectations and did my research carefully before choosing Home Group.
Unfortunately they failed at every step.
Would not recommend or ever build again with HomeGroup.

Hayley

HayleyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Absolutely perfect!

Right from the get go, Homegroup were transparent, helpful and diligent. Their sales rep assisted in amending changes to floor plans and their drafting team brought them to life! Throughout the build process there was always consistent communication. Not to mention, extremely affordable for what you get!
I have never seen a cleaner build site and the builders really do take pride in their work! Outstanding result!

R K.

R K.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Better throw your money in a bin rather than Using Home Group to build your home.

Lee is best without any doubt. But you are going to regret for rest of your life once the construction begins.
You will know when you’re at their office for first time after signing the contract, you will be facing bunch of untrained staff with no idea about the work they are doing. They will be deaf to every single word you are saying and keep reading your contract to you even the entire building work goes wrong. You will be deserted.

Your construction will end in tears.

Better go with some good references from your friends who have already built the house or don’t build a house at all.

Best of luck.

Gdubs

GdubsPerth, WA

Faulty Ceiling

Built when these guys were Scott Park Homes. Currently having issues with my ceiling which they will not take responsibility for let alone come out to inspect- so far has cost me over $1000 to repair with and additional 4k+ to be spent.

The official response from Home Group is

"As per our previous correspondence, please be advised that our relationship with Scott Park Homes has now ceased and Home Group are unable to act on your request for repairs"

MMMMMM........ Same building, same phone number even have my reference number from my build which they use in my emails but yet have no "relationship" anymore.

Structural Integrity
Jess

JessPerth, WA

Our dream home!

From start to finish, the process was so easy. Shane was amazing, provided us with so much information and answered all my questions (some of them were probably silly I’m sure).
We still cannot believe that we now own our home, and not only that but a brand new home with such a high standard.
Highly highly recommend Home Group WA!

• +2Thumbnail

Hi Jess,
Thank you for your kind words. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your experience with Home Group and are delighted to have been part of your journey to getting you into your own home.
Home Group Team

So far amazing

So far the experience with home group has been awesome. Foundation and slab down has just been completed. All within the timeframe. The sale person/ designer we dealt with Mike was so helpful from the start. He was always there and quick to respond to any design changes or questions.

We did pre start with Vicki, we found her very good with helping with colour choices and the added extras.

We looked any many builders and found that home group had the best feel about them.

So far the people we have worked with and found them very helpful, Mike, Vicki and Lyndsey.

Will review again once all the brick work is done .

Home GroupHome Group

We are delighted that you are enjoying your experience with Home Group and hope you enjoy the rest of your journey. Thank you for your kind words.

ShalinGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good quality product but .........

Home GroupHome Group

Hi Shalin, thank you for your kind words and we are delighted that you enjoyed your experience with Home Group.

Shalin

Have read my review properly before writing your comments?

JOHN M

JOHN MGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Lockup Stage

Construction at the Lockup Stage and the Building Inspector has highlighted Sixteen (16) defects that are the Builders Responsibility to fix. We hired the Building Inspector after noting some issues with the construction that did not appear to be in line with the Building Plan. In hindsight, we should have appointed a Building Inspector from the commence of the build.

Rebecca

RebeccaPerth, WA

Forever Home

Build StagePost-Construction
BABU

BABUPerth, WA

Dream Came True

I received my house key last week. It was more than our expectation that Home Group offered us. Very punctual in handing over the key on or before the set date. The quality of work is amazing. Compared to the market prices, the house was built at less than my estimated cost. If you believe in the quality of building I would strongly recommend Home Group will be your destination. No issues during, prior, or post building the house. I love it.

Hi Babu,
Thank you for your kind words. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your experience with Home Group and are delighted to have been part of your journey to making your dream come true.
Home Group Team

Great Experience - Ratheesh & Archana

It was really a wonderful journey during the last 10 months, atlast we got what we were waiting for. We received the house key last week and moved into the new house yesterday. There are no words to explain how smooth was the entire process. Our Sales Consultant Gerard Drayson welcomed us and explained the whole process within our budget. Nice bit of advise to include some additional area such as IT nook has made our house looks much better. Construction stage was also smooth. Frank was highly knowledgable and there wasn’t any delay in the project.The house completion and key handing over has occured well within the time period.we will definitely build more more houses with home group in future. Thanks. Ratheesh and Archana

Build StagePost-Construction

Hi Ratheesh & Archana,
Thank you for your kind words. We are so happy that you had such a wonderful journey building your dream home.
Home Group Family

Kimm Hunt

Kimm HuntPerth, WA

Flawless Experience!

From the start of the process with Sujit, to the end picking up our keys, our home building experience with Home Group was flawless! Excellent communication throughout the entire build and amazing workmanship by the trades.
Everything was within our budget, even upgrades we didn’t consider before Prestart!
Massive thanks to Sujit our sales consultant, our site supervisor James and to our client liaison Jade, for helping us build our dream first home.

Home GroupHome Group

This is so lovely to hear Kim. Thank you for sharing the kind words. I'll be sure to pass them onto all staff involved. Kind regards, Giorgia

Love Our New Home

We chose to build with Home Group WA after exhaustive reasearch by way of internet searches and visiting Display villages. We were blown away by the service we received from Home Group WA, from our first meeting with the sales consultant through to hand over of our completed home. The quality of workmanship and standard inclusions were fantastic, our supervisor James was friendly and informative as well as being on the ball with his tradies. We were not first home buyers and new exactly what we wanted with our home and we have not been dissapointed, can't recommend Home Group WA highly enough.
Martin and Karen Barnett, South Yunderup

• +3Thumbnail
Home GroupHome Group

Thank you so much for the lovely review Martin. It's great to hear you had a memorable experience with us! Kind regards, Giorgia

Sanj

Sanj

Horrible Builder with no transparency - NO TRUST

Summer A.

Summer A.Perth, WA

Super happy with the end product of our dream home!

Our build ran extremely smooth with a great site supervisor and customer liaison.
Our build quality is exceptional and we are very happy with the workmanship and the end product.
HGWA were happy to rectify any issues we had during or post build and were accommodating when we were being picky. The initial admin process was a little slow but once construction commenced we were very satisfied. Our costs were extremely accurate with nothing extra added and a got great value for money! So proud to show friends and family our first family home!

Home GroupHome Group

Thank you for the kind review Summer, glad to hear you had a memorable experience with us. Enjoy your new home!

ROBERT TULAIT

ROBERT TULAITPerth, WA

Amazing experience of a life time

Hi Robert,
Thank you for your kind words, we are so happy that you had such an amazing experience building your dream home.
Home Group Family

Taila

Taila

Stress free build

4 weeks into our beautiful new home and so happy with the outcome! From the minute we met with our sales rep, Daniel K we were instantly sold. The great customer service, going above and beyond for us including finding our land and making it a stress free process for us. I asked allot of questions and was never made to feel stupid. Our home is exactly what we dreamed it to be. There was no point we ever felt pressured into a sale. We are so happy with our new home and we recommend Home Group to everyone!

Home GroupHome Group

It's great to hear you had a memorable experience with us Taila! Thank you for sharing :)

Anne

Anne

Perfect experience, perfect house. Totally thrilled.

My build was managed perfectly from start to finish. There were no issues & no extra costs. My sales rep Rhoger Barbosa is THE BOMB! He went over & above to ensure I received what I wanted, I can’t thank & praise him highly enough. What a gem of an employee. Everyone at Homegroup has been amazing to deal with, which made the build period run as smooth as silk. I have been singing Homegroup’s praises to all who will listen. Can’t thank you enough Homegroup!

Home GroupHome Group

Hi Anne, this is so lovely to hear. Thank you for sharing :) enjoy your new home!

Gookgai

Gookgaiasked

Home Group

Hi, How long have to wait for the construction phase after settlement?

Hi Gookgai,

Our administration process is 6 months from receiving the survey.

Kind regards, Home Group Team

Tenzo M.asked

VIC

Hi John, thanks for your review. I am considering building with Homegroup but a bit hesitant as there are no reviews for Victoria. (Cheers for being the first) Would you recommend them?
thanks for your time.

Kumbla
Kumbla

@tenzo I am building my home with home group and other than the initial sales stage I am not that happy with the way home group has responded. As some of my other friends are building the home with other renowned builders and as we share the experience in the whatsapp group during the Covid-19 construction phase. I have noted down some of the items from customer point of view missing with Home group. I have also sent them an email to them and will wait if they are happy to change and make the customer experience smoother . I am also planning to write a detailed review and also will share the VBLOG of my dream home later this year.

1. The construction updates are up to date and proactive with the other builders, where as with Home group it's just reactive , We will get the response only when we ask
2. They (other builders) have direct email or SMS communication with Site supervisor which boosts the confidence of the clients, which home group we have one POC who sometimes dont have the exact realtime information.
3. They (other builders) have provided a walkthrough of the home after the frame inspection (even during the Stage 3- where the builder provided a letter to travel to the site). - home group rejected my request
4. During the stage 4 restriction ,Site supervisor sends the photo of the dream home as he values how important this home is to the client and how eager they are, to know the progress . But with the Homegroup the photo for the defects fix which I have requested after the private inspection has been done is also not entertained.

Having said that the final product of Home group for one of my friend was pretty good . But from the first home owner perspective the experience during the build process is also important.

Hi Kumbla,
THANK YOU so much for taking the time to provide a very detailed account so far. This is very helpful as I am in the process of researching builders and quite hesitant with HomeGroup as my understanding is that they are new to Victoria. Timely communication and transparency is so important considering what is at stake. I hope the rest of your build process does go smoother and thank you again for this review. All the very best.

Marvin D.
Marvin D.

Hi Kumbla and Tenzo please join FB Group.
HomeGroup Victoria New Build Discussion Group.
Thanks.

Debra C.

Debra C.asked

WA

Can you tell me please if your structural warranty is transferable if I sell my house. Does it transfer over to the new owners. house is 14 years old?

Get an answer from our members and Home Group representatives