HomeAway

HomeAway

1.2

• Trip Completed Yes (25) · No (43)
  • Ease of Booking

Grobies

GrobiesVictoria

Great Ocean Road Resort

Apartment 7 was spotless, the furnishings and decor were beautiful. The location for beach walks and the town centre are perfect. We will definitely be back. Thanks so much Kylie

Ihassan

IhassanSydney, NSW

Refund

Cancelled my booking on the same day i made the reservation. 100% refund was guranteed. It's been 5 days and no refund yet. This site looks like a scam. Becareful booking through them.

Corbyn O.

Corbyn O.South East Queensland, QLD

CRIMINAL - Stolen $2000!

Booked accommodation and unfortunately had to cancel within 24 hours of original booking due to a death in the family. Website said it was the properties owners discretion to offer a refund and that they had already spoken to the owner and said they would give a full 100% refund.

Two weeks after the accommodation dates we have been informed the owner changed their mind and we cancelled too close to booking.

Stolen $2000 AUD for nothing. Website and owner is an absolute scam.

AVOID AT ALL COST

Andrew M.

Andrew M.Perth, WA

Absolutely terrible, Avoid at all cost. Go with Air Bnb

Zero system support or communication about a trip.
Wouldn't accept property review which contained very extreme safety risks for children such as exposed electrics and fallen blinds with screws lying around. Took zero responsibility and chose to ignore our advice.

Nigel D.

Nigel D.North Western Region, NSW

Hopeless as is the sister co Stayz.com.au

Hopeless site and very biased business model. I have booked and had confirmation of 3 properties and took over 6 weeks to get $2k back. Don't trust Homeaway or stayz

BOB

BOBHunter Region, NSW

SHOCKER. If I could give less than one star I would.

Terrible service, Terrible site horrendous feedback process non-existent feedback process I wish I had read the reviews first tried to send an email no response call back Centre in Manila obviously totally over it

Do not book

disgusting took my money then said they x2 booked only refund $427 but took $510 Then ignored my calls (property) and company got abusive with me because I couldn't understand them (poor volume speaking away from phone and thick accent)

Still no refund

Nick L.

Nick L.Sydney, NSW

Refund issues / lack of meaningful contact

What a joke. I was able to cancel via the website as I couldn’t find any way to actually contact them. The refund says it will take approx six weeks. Honestly, the process should be automated and this shouldn’t take any longer than five days as a maximum.... A poor reflection on the travel industry.

Hoss

HossMid West, WA

Scam accomodation company

15 minutes after getting a confirmation booking, was told the were full and could not do my accommodation as agreed. they cancelled and the refused to refund my money immediately, online and telephone states that it will be 3-4 weeks Before they can refund my money. I still have to find and fund accommodation for 3 days time and if you all them you end up in an overseas call centre.

Lyndab

LyndabVictoria

Absolute nightmare do not use this site

Booked a homestay on the victorian peninsula for November 2020 12 months in advance for a wedding. Received notice re welcome to the property etc. for November 2019. Advised the owners that they had the wrong year and they confirmed the correct dates. Have now had to cancel booking due to covid19 and the cancellation process has been a nightmare. Finally after a week of repeated attempts my cancellation was confirmed but on checking my bank account discovered that payment in full was deducted in August 2019. If the refund isn't processed my next stop will be consumer affairs. Surely this is illegal?

Kendall & Justin Z

Kendall & Justin ZSouth East Queensland, QLD

Beware - Money taken when not approved or even advised of at booking

Booked a holiday home (not through this website) for a weekend and was happy with the charge for accommodation and paid for it.
Then upon checking credit card, HomeAway took an extra $100 separate charge that was never explained or approved on. When called, rude service, spoke over the top of me and very vague, couldnt speak english.
Wouldnt refund the charge and has since forwarded an invoice of payment..... BE CAREFUL

The F.

The F.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

They steal your money - stay away!!!

Booked a place - was charged $2,000 immediately. Booking was cancelled by the owner as it wasn't actually available. After no less than ten phone calls and four hours demanding action, a week later I am no closer to any sniff of my money back. This is the single worst company I have ever had the misfortune to deal with. They are criminals

angry girl

angry girlIllawarra, NSW

UPDATE: Check your credit card... Still waiting for refund after four weeks. Won't use them again.

Louise

LouiseSouth East Queensland, QLD

If I could give NO STARS, that would be a better representation. NO REFUND. Company doesn't care.

Ujkl

Ujkl

Avoid homeaway for travel

I had a hart time getting back my bond and it took excessive emails and calls and almost 6 weeks for it to be refunded. Absolutely not using this company again -ever.

Jockeygirl

JockeygirlSouth East Queensland, QLD

This company are dodgy

This company doesn’t care about owner nor tenant, all they care about is getting the money.
Due to the Coronavirus we were left to ourselves to sort it out.
Trying to make contact was unbelievable and refund took months, first they split the refund to both then took months.
I actually didn’t have it listed so I agreed to the booking

Vendor disappointment

As a vendor I have now been waiting over a month for my refund?
Tenants got there refund within a month of cancellation
I feel they are keeping vendors money longer thinking we don’t need it
Disgusting

Anthony & Judy J.

Anthony & Judy J.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Deposit refund taking excessive time - pathetic

Owner tells me deposit was refunded 26 March 2020. Still not arrived at my account. I work in the banking sector and I can assure you a credit refund to a credit card does not take weeks. HomeAway service team suggest I wait until 30 April and email them if funds haven't come through. I have asked what is it they will do differently after 30 April that will miraculously make the refund appear. Given the extensive list of similar complaints on this site I am curious about why the ACCC or ASIC has not yet investigated. Avoid them - their practice of delaying refunds is unacceptable.

Janine

JanineHunter Region, NSW

Why the delay with refunds?

In late March I cancelled a booking for July School holidays. It was within the period of time to get a full refund. The owners have given their permission for a full refund but I haven't received my $950. My Stayz account though shows it as "refunded". Will be lodging a complaint with ACCC if I don't get a response from them by Wednesday.

Mel

MelSydney, NSW

Terrible will use Airbnb next time

Tania H.

Tania H.asked

As a host through this apparently attrocious company, can any other hosts suggest how I get someone there to investigate my issues with problems being found on their site. I was in contact with someone via email and then nothing, when I was able to prove I was right and they were wrong. Just like they stopped responding and havent been able to get anyone else to respond either.

I have two properties. We were doing exceptionally well on the old Stayz site but when HomeAway took over, they literally nearly killed our business. We did not get any bookings at all. After 6 months, we started to book the property ourselves to try and trick the system into ranking us higher. Didn't really work either. If not for booking.com, we would have had to close.

Slowly one of the properties has kind of come back a bit, but the otherone is still suffering. The proplem lies with their location system. If you search 2 adult, 2 kids and pet (we are pet friendly) in Busselton you get a certain set of results. Both our properties should show up but only one does. Why, I have no idea. They said its because of the metric ranking system etc, instant book bla bla bla, but it doesn't because the property thats showing up is rated lower than the one that doesn't show up. I can make it show up because I know the specific location of the property and if you zoom in on the map, the search results change.

Thats were my argument lies. Firstly, they should both show up in the initial search (not zoomed in on as many prospective guests would not know what area they want to be in Busselton, they are just looking for the best properties there, then they will narrow down). If I don't show up in the initial search, how will I ever get any bookings. Also, people searching Busselton, don't want properties being shown to them that are 100km plus away still but they still manage to show up. How is that possible???????

I personally havent had any other issues with Homeaway other than this but am certainly beginning to wonder any this company and its priorities. Without us (the hosts), they don't have a business so wouldn't keeping us happy be in their better interests.

Julie Henry
Julie Henry

I have had problems as well- different, but not impressed. Most of my bookings now come through Airbnb. Hope this helps.

Maria C.

Maria C.asked

I have paid the refundable damage deposit and the property owner has advised of no damage and that it will be refunded in 7 days automatically . The credit card I used at time of paying the deposit has changed and is no longer in use. How can I provide HomeAway with my new credit details so that I get my money back. There is nothing on the website, I have emailed the info line, but did not get a reply. I have contaced the property owner and he said it has to be managed via HomeAway. There is no service and I am getting frustrated by this company. Maria

Lynne

Lynneasked

When do you get the bond amount returned after your stay?

Sally
Sally

The date should be on your contract. However I’m still waiting for mine....... I advise lodging a chargeback with your credit card.