Homemaker Bench Mixer

See the Best Benchtop Food Mixers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Does the job!

Not a bad mixer and it's done the I needed it to do so far. Mine came with a broken paddle and I was able to get in touch with kmart for a new one with no problems. Pretty happy so far.

Purchased in January 2019 at Kmart Retail Stores for $69.00.

Noise Level
Safety

Cheap price and quality

Received this mixer about 5 years ago and have used it plenty of times. Very good value for its price but beware there are definitely compromises with the build quality. The tilt head button has fallen off so I have to pinch a screw to lock/unlock the head. There are also issues now where if I knead dough, small pieces of plastic will fall into the dough. Can't complain too much as I have used it many times over the years. Overall would recommend if you don't bake regularly but need a cheap machine to sometimes whip up some cupcakes or something.

Date PurchasedJan 2013

Affordable yet working well

The fact that it surprised me is it does the job well! This mixer does the perfect dough, of course be cautious (as it is for other bench mixer too) to put the ingredients in right proportion (including water). Else you mess with your own deeds! Anyways do not over expect it will bake for you. It is meant for preparing excellent dough (which it does), and has been with me for a month now.

Motor performance is good.

For a descent family size and even for occasions, the capacity is enough.

Other attachments are excellent too, though I have not used so much.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Worst mixer I have ever had

I am not sure if it is the shape of the bowl but this mixer does not mix well. You have to keep scraping down the bowl as dry ingredients stay on the outer edge of the bowl. For example, if you need to mix a couple of eggs with some sugar for a cake you can't get it to the frothy stage. To try to whisk a couple egg whites you have to mix for so long that the mixture goes past the point where you can use it and still not frothy. This morning I tried to mix a cake mix and after 15 minutes of mixing on high speed there were still lumps of butter in it (yes I used soften butter). A total disappointment.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Happy with mine

Bought this yesterday and made some lamingtons, very happy with the mixer and bowl and all its functions, plus I got all the attachments I wanted, the balloon whisk, dough hook and mixing paddle, the bowl size is good, couldnt ask for more, very happy so glad I got it on sale.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Lasted only four years

I purchased this Bench Mixer in December 2013 from Kmart and it has worked very well up until a few months ago when the motor started making very strange sounds and eventually stopped working completely. At a cost of $79, it really was great value for money but it received only very light usage, I doubt I used it more than twenty five times in the four years I owned it. I have now had in the past two months two Homemaker appliances break down completely well before I expected. It is sad that we live in a throw away society but this is what I have to do with this heap of junk - throw it away and buy a new one which I did at the Harvey Norman Black Friday sales and got a Sunbeam Mixmaster for only $195. I won't be buying Homemaker brand ever again!

Date PurchasedDec 2013

Perfect Priced Mixer

This bench mixer from kmart is the best kitchen appliance I have ever brought. The mixer whips egg whites on high speed in a matter of minutes! I have been able to this numerous times. The mixer whips cream in a matter of minutes as well. I previously owned a sunbeam mixmaster and this homemaker out performs it every single time. The only negative of this little gem is its size. It is very bulky and annoying to grab out the cupboard at times but thats all bench mixers. And for only $69 its an absolute must in any kitchen.

Date PurchasedApr 2015

A good and inexpensive mixer

The mixer has done everything I needed it to do. It is a little on the loud side but that's fairly standard with mixers. The attachments fit well but struggle to reach the bottom of the bowl so scraping is required. The bowl is large and holds a decent amount. Easy to clean

Date PurchasedNov 2016

What a piece of crap - not able to use at all.

Mixer unable to be used as the mixer attachment didn't fit on - only the whisk and dough hook.
Very 'junky' and flimsy feel to components - wasn't sure they were really metal.
I was really looking forward to making a really special birthday cake for a milestone birthday.
First bench mixer bought for myself - inspired after working in bakery decorating donuts, cupcakes, and buns.
Huge waste of money. thanks k-mart

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Doesn't mix batter properly

Liked the look and the big stainless steel bowl, but very disappointed with the mixing action and overall power of the machine. The batter never seems to mix well, no light and fluffy mixes, only soupy, running batter no matter how long I run it for. The whisk attachment does a poor job on egg whites. The Paddle doesn't touch bottom of bowl and this doesn't help. The dial that adjusts the speed is dodgy. Using my trusty hand mixer is way better.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

A good mixer at a fantastic price for the beginner and experienced baker

I purchased my homemaker mixer from KMart over a year ago and it's been a great unit.

I've used all the included mixers, including the balloon mixer and dough hook and found them to be perfectly serviceable.

The unit has a few small problems. The mixer doesn't touch the bottom of the bowl so I have to stop 1/2 way through to scrape the bottom up when making cakes.

Overall a worthwhile purchase

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Mix master wisk replacement

Hi I brought a home brand mix mater in 2013, The wisk on our mix master, is breaking and little black pieces keep falling out, Please All we want is to purchase a new wisk, could you please send me the price on a new wisk, to replace the broken one,all I want the price of a new wisk for our mix master please

Date PurchasedJul 2014

Homermaker a dud

Looks good that's were it ends. Motor gets to hot, instructions tell you to only use it for 6 mins with a heavy mix then turn off for 10 mins so it can cool down. I took ages to whip egg white even with doing that the motor got to hot had to turn off ,pull out trusty Phillips hand beater I have had for over 20 yrs & start again to whip eggs in which my hand beater beat the homemaker hands down. I took the homemaker back I still had the box & receipt told them the problem & I got a refund.

Homemaker gs6118 fail!

Got the Homemaker GS6118 as a benchtop mixer, would have loved to go out and buy a top of the line brand but didn't at the time, now regretting that one..

Turned it on and it smelt like the Motor was getting hot just to whisk cream, my whisk on it later broke and now the button to hold the mixer down has snapped off.

Never worked from the get go and took ages to mix anything, doesn't touch the sides or bottom of the bowl.

People say you get what you pay for at the end of the day you still expect it to work.

Unable to find my receipt so unable to return...
Looks ok
Doesn't mix sides or bottom of bowl, whisk broke, button that holds top down snapped, motor smelt like smoke.