Elkwins

ElkwinsVictoria

Refinanced through Homestar

We recently refinanced our mortgage through Homestar and the process was stress-free and simple.
We consolidated debts and as a result of this, and the lower rate offered by Homestar, we're saving $600-$800 a month which is a lot for us.
I'd definitely recommend having a look.
(We received a $30 voucher in exchange for leaving this review, which we otherwise wouldn't have taken the time to complete, however the review itself is honest)

Loan TypeFixed Rate
Loan Start DateOctober 2019

Lauren Riley

Lauren RileyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

DO NOT USE homestar.

Terrible customer service. No one phones you back. Call Centre phones by work 5 times to verify my employment. Wrong amount put on letter of offer (twice). We have been lied to

Loan used for:Second Home
Homestar F.Homestar Finance

Great service, better rates!

Great customer service from the contact centre when deciding on switching from a big4 bank. Any issues or concerns that I had when completing the refinance paperwork were quickly dealt with. Highly recommended and now I have a rate that starts with 2!!

Jo Murray

Jo MurrayPerth, WA

Best Interest Rate Available & Fantastic Customer Service

Patrick provided me the best customer service I have received by any organisation. His interpersonal and communication skills were professional. The refinancing experience was fast and stress free for me. The customer service I have received post settlement has also been exceptional. Thank you Patrick, thank you Homestar.

Loan used for:Refinancing

Competitive interest rate and great customer service

Loan used for:Second Home

Good customer service during application process

The customer service is good - from Mayelaine, the Support that I first spoke with to Patrick who helped with my home loan application and to the Conveyancer. They are all really responsive.

The only downside are the extensiveness of the documents asked from me and the delay on my loan documents. I was already asked for the living expenses analysis on the pre-assessment stage and I was asked to do it all again on the application stage. I was asked to provide 4 IDs and Group certificate on top of the payslips and Bank statements showing salary deposit.

Rate is really competitive. Hope this does not change after my settlement.

Dr. Sargunam

Dr. SargunamPerth, WA

Patrick is STAR Working for HOME STAR

I had the pleasure of dealing with Patrick from Homestar Finance. He helped us from beginning to the very end and responded to every one of my emails in a timely manner. We as a family we just cannot thank him enough for all his help and support. He is very kind and considerate through out the process and actioned everything straight away. I was also amazed at how quickly the settlement occurred. I couldn't be happier with the service we have received. Patrick is a STAR and i am sure he is a great assets to the company. Highly Recommended.

Andy99

Andy99South East Queensland, QLD

A great experience with a refinance

The process was very quick and easy. Patrick Vergara was very helpful and actioned everything straight away. I was also amazed at how quickly the settlement occurred. I couldn't be happier with the service. Great!

Highly recommended

The experience with Homestar was great. All the important information was disclosed up in a clear and straight forward manner.

Patrick provided me with great service keeping me informed throughout the whole process and always available to take an questions. Highly recommended.

Greg C.

Greg C.Sydney, NSW

Great Service and Highly Competitive Rate

Richard Schroder and Tony Vasey were very professional and helpful throughout the whole process, taking the time to answer all my questions thoroughly. Homestar Finance also provides a very competitive rate, and I went with them over other online vendors (despite offering slightly better rates) on the basis of their reputation for customer service from online reviews and a referral from a friend. Very happy with the decision and would definitely recommend their service!

Homestar F.Homestar Finance

Delighted we have took the time to re finance.

We have just re financed and the whole process was really simple. Richard was always quick to reply to our emails and answer any questions we had. We have saved 1%

Steve

SteveGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Can't believe we didn't do this sooner

When we were seemingly trapped in a "big 4 bank" loan, Homestar came to the rescue with an excellent rate. Our loan specialist Patrick provided us with a friendly service and I was surprised how quickly the whole processs went. My only issue was that their credit department was a bit over enthusiastic with the employment checks when a discrepancy arose, ringing my employer about 5 times in one day. Other than that, we are very happy we made the switch to Homestar.

Homestar F.Homestar Finance

Amazing rate and equally amazing serivce

Loan Start DateSeptember 2017

Tisa

TisaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very happy with the service

The loan process was smooth, Rick who picked up our case at the last minute was very kind and helpful and made sure everything was clear and understood. The support I have received after the settlement is also great

Loan Start DateJuly 2019

Happy with service

Just had our loan settle and thanks to Homestar and Jenny who helped us through the paperwork. We were assisted throughout the process which enabled us to refinance our loan to a much better rate. Thanks again.

harris y.

harris y.Perth, WA

Good Rate!

very smooth process, thanks to Patrick Vergara our loan specialist, competitive home loan rate, i would recommend my friends and family to take advantage of this rate and ditches the big banks

JessSydney, NSW

Rate is very competitive and happy with my loan specialist

The loan rate is very competitive and Jenny (my assigned loan specialist) was very responsive with all my queries, clarifications and requests. Thank you for the smooth settlement process. X

Jess

Hi there. How will I private msg to receive the card? what’s your email?

Andi

AndiFar North Queensland, QLD

Great Customer Service and Great Rates

I had the pleasure of dealing with Jenny from Homestar Finance. She was very helpful and informative, and assisted in getting my loan through in a timely manner, not to mention the great rates offered.

MichellePerth, WA

Great Rate 2.99% (promised rate will move in line with RBA) - Not honeymoon rate! :)

Don’t waste your time.

We applied for a home loan after a month of not hearing anything we followed it up and the said we hadn’t put everything in. We had given them all they asked for, they hadn’t read what we gave them and hadn’t asked for half the stuff.
Approaching 2 mths we rang again as we hadn’t hear anything the reply was they would let use know in 2 days to which we replied if we haven’t hear anything in a week we will cancel our application.
We canceled our application.

Michelleasked

Hi

I was looking to refinance and I saw an ad for an owner occupied loan at 2.99% with your company. I want to confirm that:

1)the 2.99% is NOT a honeymoon rate, therefore not increase after a set amount of time. Is there any disclaimer I should be aware of? I have heard people being burnt by offered a low rate but then after a few years the loan rate increases and this is not even in response to a RBA rate increase.

2) if there is another rate cut, will these also be passed on to customers? I know Athena home loan swears by this for their loan products. Is yours similar to this? I want to know there is transparency

Hi Michelle,

1. No the 2.99% is not a honeymoon rate.

2. We cannot predict the future, but we can tell you that the past 3 rate cuts by the RBA, have been passed on in full to our Homestar customers.

Please note: You do need to meet specific credit criteria to get this rate.

Kind regards,

Thanks you! That is excellent

Banzaii

Banzaiiasked

Who manages your offset accounts and provides visa debit cards? Do these need to managed via a linked account from a bank etc. Are deposits into offset guaranteed?

Geoff B.
Geoff B.

The loan and the offset are managed via the website and are underwritten by ANZ, the deposits are guaranteed. (BSB no’s are ANZ)

HHH

HHHasked

if I was to refinance my home and buy a rental unit at the same time is this possible.
Cheers
Scott

Hi Scott,

At Homestar Finance we offer a range of home loan products for both owner occupier and investment purposes. Please private message us with your name, contact details and best time to call back. One of our loan specialists will be in touch to assist with your enquiry. Alternately, you are more than welcome to call us on 1300 462 209 to speak with one of our friendly staff members.

Kind regards,