4.4

Extremely professional

My husband and I bought a house a few years back and dealt with Matt who was a pleasure to deal with. I was overseas but he was able to organise our paperwork quickly and followed up with us afterwards to ensure everything was okay. I highly recommend Homestar and in particular, Matt!

Gaspard

Gaspard

Dealling with Mani Singh

Mani Singh was an excellent consultant, he was very patient with me, he understood my financial situations and he wanted me to just own a home. He informed me of every situation of the loan process and he assisted me to deal with the HomeStart loan broker. He was always encouraging me to just believe in myself and ignore silly comments I was receiving especially from the home loan broker. he was patient with me for more than two years until my home loan was approved in December 2019. We need more consultants with such loving and caring heart, you don't just look professional you look amazing in your profile and you make everyone feel empowered and capable. well done Singh, now I live in my new house because of you.

Sandhya

SandhyaSydney, NSW

Excellent Service A+++

Justin provide an excellent service. He was very proactive in processing my loan application. Justin and Ash both were very professional and courteous. Communication with Justin was excellent. Super highly recommended.

I am very satisfied with the rate that I have recieved for my loan.

Highly recommended.
Sandhya

Loan used forRenovation

Great service!

Very satisfied with this provider so far, And great service provided by my loan specialists, Justin and Ash, always ready to kindly assist me providing all the information I asked. Transparency and punctuality! Amazing job!

Homestar F.Homestar Finance

Great contact, excellent rates!

Dealing with Richard has been an easy process. Managed to get loan settled by the due date while facing many obstacles from current lender making things difficult. However, thanks to Richards quick action, response and communication throughout the process we were able to get settled before expected date.

RKP

RKPSydney, NSW

Perfect service received from John and Homestar team

Perfect service received from John, he is patient, clear and knowledgeable, brilliant service and a pleasure to deal with. I wish you every success in the future, your an asset to the company.

Great service. No unexpected costs, costs clearly documented and due diligence in the application processing, The application process has been great, satisfied with the product and service. The team has done great work.

Bec

BecVictoria

Don't do loans for certain postcodes

I requested a call to refinance our 2 investment properties and was just told that one of my properties is in a postcode that Homestar can't service. When I enquired as to the reason for this, I was told that is confidential from their end. I find it difficult to understand what difference this would make to my ability to service the loan. The value of my properties is only 75% of the loan.

Loan used forInvestment Property
Homestar F.Homestar Finance

Excellent customer service and great rates

I had a great experience refinancing with Homestar.
From the time I lodged my initial request right through to settlement, the team were responsive, proactive and always able to clarify my questions.
The refinance went through smoothly and now I am receiving a much better rate than I was previously.
The cashback was also a nice deal sweetener.
Would highly recommend anyone looking to refinance to not hesitate if considering Homestar.

Great Rates and Awesome Service

John was great, was the most helpful broker I spoke to out of the 5 contacted, nothing was too much trouble. Despite the tricky covid times and additional work involved, the process was smooth and professional. Happy with the rate compared to current lender that wouldn't go close. Thanks John!!

Loan TypeSplit

Michael M.

Michael M.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Fantastic rate with a free offset account

My wife and I had a great relationship with our previous lender, but once they refused to lower our rate to the same rate they where offering new customers we started to look around. We contacted Homestar and explained out particular circumstances to Zach ... I'd worked as a contractor for most of the last 25 years, we where both getting older , but had steady employment and a bit of money in our super. Justin and Ash picked up the ball from there and we've just been told that settlement has gone through smoothly. With a rate of 2.29% and a free offset account that we can deposit our pay into and pay our bills from we should be able to cut years from our loan and move into retirement debt free.

Kitty C.

Kitty C.Perth, WA

Great service and rates

Rick and Patrick were great guiding us through the whole refinance process.
The rate was very competitive.

The whole process was faster than I expected over the Covid period.

It seems that relenquishing banks are much slower to process. This surprised me as I thought the extra checks on new finance would be the biggest delay.

Vallers

VallersVictoria

Wonderful service!

Our representatives, Justin Ho and Ash Prasad, were professional, focused and provided excellent customer service. We were kept informed all through the process and knew exactly where we were and what we needed to do. The process was smooth and not as long as we initially thought it would be. Everything happened remotely and without a hitch. The loan rate is amazing at 2.19% and so much better than where we were. Couldn't be happier with everything.

Juan M.

Juan M.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great Service and Excellent Rate!

CJP

CJPPerth, WA

Great service and easy to switch.

Decided to refinance my loan after being with a big bank for 27 years. I was hesitant at first because I had been with the same bank for so long. But in the last year or so they had given me little rate relief. Once I decided to apply Jenny and the team at Homestar made it very simple to make the change. I ended up saving 1.35% overall which is very competitive. The whole process was explained and it was very easy to follow the progression of the application. Everyone I spoke to knew what was going on with my own and all did their part to make it happen.

Ruhyard

Ruhyard

Excellent mortgage with fantastic variable rate

Decided to refinance with Homestar and I am extremely happy with the results. I would highly recommend them. The rates from Homestar are pretty much unbeatable and I look forward to saving lots of money as I pay off my mortgage.

Terence lee

Terence leeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great communication - Everything you'd expect for an online bank

Jenny and team were very good in responding to my questions, on the phone and on email. Very happy to Recommend and go through the online processes as it was reasonably easy.
Thanks again!

No more Banks For Me

Dorene & Ash was superb making it so much easier than expected to refinance our home and getting us an interest rate lower than we expected saving us 100s of dollars each month, we wont be using a bank again after teaming up with homestar fianance,we was unsure to start with not using one of the big four banks to refinance but its a case of who dares wins with excellent service directing us all the way through.

Loan Start DateAugust 2020

Brett L.

Brett L.Sydney, NSW

Helpful and friendly

Ghada was amazing throughout the whole process and was supportive of my buying a first home. She made it simple and explained things that I didn't understand without making me feel like I didn't know what I was doing! I'll definitely go back again if I get the chance :)

Loan Start DateAugust 2020
Homestar F.Homestar Finance

Second loan with Homestar, will go back for the third.

Was all pretty straight forward. Ghada was helpful as usual. First apllication the buyer pulled the plug. Wasn't a problem, and second application went smoothly.
Excellent rates. Will be going back to them for the next loan.

Credit approval takes too long - And Im too old

Once the seemingly endless back and forth about evidence was satisfied, the approval process commenced and communication ceased. One month later and a brief message to say credit denied - because I'm too old. I mean 1 month to work that out?

rsasked

Hi Homestar,

I would like to know if you give owner occupied home loan for IT Contractors working on ABN from more than 2 years and previously worked in Permanent PAYG role for several years. With 20% home deposit.

Regards

Hi rs,

Could you please private message us with your full name and contact mobile number? To private message, hover your mouse over our logo (in our response to you) and you will have to option to message. This is a private message.

Once we have your details, we'll be able to give you a call, and discuss further with you.

Sent you private message

Niroj K.

Niroj K.asked

Current cash back offer upto 1500 dollar? What is the minimum cash back offer guaranteed out of 1500 dollar and how will we get this amount in our account? Is that after settlement of loan or before? Thanks

Hi Niroj K.,

I hope the below answers all your questions:

Eligibility Criteria for Cash Back
• Owner Occupied Only
• Principal and interest repayments only
• Minimum loan size $250,000
• Maximum Loan Size $850,000
• Maximum LVR 80%
• Refinance only
• New Customers only (excludes borrowers refinancing from Origin Mortgage Management Services)

0-70% LVR = $1,500 Cashback
70% to 80% LVR = $1,000 Cashback

Construction loans excluded or loans introduced to Homestar by a third party. Cashback offer is only available for new refinance applications received between 01.08.20020 to 30.9.2020. Offer available on Star Essentials and Star Classic products for refinance, principal and interest loans. Only 1 cashback per borrowers initial borrowing with Homestar will be paid regardless of the number of loans involved. This offer excludes customers already within the Origin Mortgage Managers Network. The cashback will be available as redraw 60 days after settlement. Discharge penalties will apply if you discharge the loan within 12 months of settlement.

Dennis C.asked

Hi, I have a few questions:
1. I dont believe Homestar has a Mobile app for Android or Apple yet. When will this be available?
2. When transferring funds from a Homestar offset account to an external account is this instant i.e. via Osko?
3. What are the ATM fees when using your debit Visa card?

Hi Dennis C.,

Please see our answers below:

1. Homestar has a Mobile App project for both Android and Apple on our roadmap
2. Outgoing transfers are not currently instantaneous (via Osko or the like) and go through the standard inter-bank process. This is a project on our roadmap to offer our customers
3. Homestar has no ATM fees when using a bank ATM. The usage of other ATM's (e.g. in clubs or sporting venues) may incur an ATM Owner's fee and this is displayed on the screen of the ATM at the time of the withdraw being made. This fee is not a Homestar fee.

I hope this has answered your queries.

Dennis C.

Thanks for the response. For questions 1 and 2, can you provide any indication on timeframe?

Hi Dennis C.,

For the Mobile App we are aiming for 2020, and for instant payments we are aiming for 2021.

Get an answer from our members and Homestar Finance representatives