Homestar Finance

• Loan TypeVariable Rate (162) · Split (3) · Fixed Rate (3)
  • Application Process
  • Timeliness
  • Loan used for
    • Refinancing (102)
    • First Home (30)
    • Investment Property (10)
    • Second Home (7)
  • Loan Term28.467 years (92)
  • Online Tools
Mick

MickEyre Peninsula, SA

Happy, but experience could have been better

Very happy with their rates and what they had to offer. Staff were friendly and helpful. The only thing that we found disappointing was the delay in the whole process took just under 6 months and we had to submit our documentation twice, which was very frustrating.

Very low rate settlement

Contacted Homestar as they had some of the cheapest rates in the market. They were quick, responsive and transparent about all the fees involved. Great experience with them, thoroughly recommend!!

David

DavidGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Absolutely disgraceful service, never again

Beware if you decide to use this outfit. Their systems are useless. There are so many third parties involved as part of their process and none of them could care less.

The one shining light was I was very lucky to have a gentleman (Jim Kiloh) as my mortgage specialist and he was instrumental in getting us to the point of finalising the mortgage. Very knowledgeable, great communicator and extremely affable. The issues are with the third party back office systems in use. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Jim in a heartbeat.

Loan used forFirst Home

Find out how Homestar Finance compares to other Home Loans

Fantastic customer service and best interest rate

Justin of Homestar is what customer service should be. He made this process so easy by being a great communicator, extremely helpful, personable and with excellent, almost instant answers to my questions. Glad to be rid of the bank wouldn't budge on their comparative ridiculously high interest rate! Glad I made the switch.

Loan used forRefinancing

Excellent customer service, easy process!

The entire process has been smooth and easy. Justin has helped every step of the way. Homestar offers the best rates in the market and excellent customer service. Definitely recommend

Loan TypeVariable Rate

Great rate, amazing service, easy refinance!

We are so happy with Homestar! We've just settled on our loan, refinancing from one of the big banks and our new rate is a whole percentage point lower than we were on before! Our loan specialist was Jim Kiloh and he has been so helpful and supportive the whole time. Could not recommend him enough!! We looked at a few different places to refinance, and we are so glad we went with Homestar. If you're thinking about it and you're not quite sure, give these guys a go. You won't regret it!!

Mark

Mark

Quick, easy and save $$$

Quick and easy process done from the comfort of your own home. To top it all off you get one of the lowest (if not the lowest)comparison rates on the market. Give the big banks the bird - I did and saved heaps

Loan TypeFixed Rate

emelee

emeleePerth, WA

Best Rate, Amazing Service!

LizSouth East Queensland, QLD

Refinancing made easy with Homestar Finance

Message sent. Thank you so much Homestar

Peter G.

Peter G.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Highly recommended

Amazing customer service/communication. Helped me every step of the way.
Very informative upfront and honest.
No hidden costs.
Extremely low rates. Very happy.
Justin Ho really looked after me and made the whole process smooth.

Terrible customer service

Good rates however the customer service is pretty dismal. They are very nice and helpful right up to the point the application process begins, after that customer service goes out the window. You definitely don’t feel like a valued customer and you are made to feel like you’re lucky to being doing business with them. I have not enjoyed the experience. I would consider going elsewhere if I had the opportunity again.

HandN

HandNGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Refinancing & Investment property acquisition

Loan used forInvestment Property

Michelle ParnabyPerth, WA

The future of banking

Ghada was amazing and went into bay for me in winning my loan to refinance and experience a better life without debt
The rate is very low compared to banks who wouldn’t even consider giving me a loan.
I highly recommend Ghada

Michelle Parnaby

Oh where do I private message

Homestar F.Homestar Finance

Excellent service and great rate

Great customer service great rate and very satisfied with over all performance and decent savings on my current loan high recommendation to the people who are interested on saving money

Homestar F.Homestar Finance

Slow application process & online banking laughable

Took over 2 months from our initial application to settlement, with lots of hidden fees along the way. We would not have changed from our big 4 loan if we had been aware of all the costs and laborious paperwork involved - including $49 EACH for the VOI at the Post Office (which also takes a good 30 mins).
The online banking system is embarrassing. There is no option to transfer additional funds into the loan account, I can't find the loan account details, and I'm not able to edit our fortnightly transfer amount. We have not heard anything from Homestar since the loan settled - no welcome pack, no debit card, no account detail notification. I tried contacting them again this morning and keep getting told to call their 1300 number.

Richard E.

Richard E.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Saved my family's finances!

brownbagSouthwest, VIC

Great experience lending with homestar

I've now used Homestar twice and would go back to them again if possible. They made the process easy and were efficient all the way. My loan specialist worked very hard to ensure that all was done in time, even coping with our change of plans.
Homestar are not as able to take into account business circumstances and partnerships as some lenders but if you have a simple setup you'll get great service, and all the basic benefits that you need (offset, redraw) without paying a premium in interest.

Loan used forInvestment Property

Kent & Selena

Kent & Selena

Excellent rates and easy process

After shopping around which also included going back to our Mortgage broker Homestar finance still came in cheaper across all other products I looked at. All interaction was done over the phone and by email and once all of our documents were submitted assessment and settlement of our loan to be refinanced was done very quickly. Would definately recommend them to family and friends.

Jodie M.

Jodie M.Sydney, NSW

Great to deal with!

Customer service was fantastic. Our loan was processed quickly with ease. I appreciated our Home Loan Specialist Andrew’s help along the way. I would recommend if you are looking for a new lender to go with Homestar.

David

DavidSydney, NSW

Best rates in the markets. Relatively straight forward and agile process

After shopping around for a while we found Homestar offered the best rate we could find at the time. All interaction was through email and phone, but Patrick, the home specialist looking after us, was on top of everything and assisted well with the process. We just had a relatively last minute issue with Lender Mortgage Insurance apparently added in the eleventh hour whne it shoulnt. It was not such and more a product of not totally clear wording, and eventually everything turned out as suggested, without LMI or any unexpected fees. If anything I would suggest getting the wording crystal clear, as in the absence of face to face contact total clarity is a must.

Loan used forFirst Home

Raymond

Raymondasked

Are there atm fees to withdraw money from visa debit card?

Hi Raymond,
If you visit any of the Big 4 banks' ATM's, you won't be charged any ATM fees when withdrawing from your visa debit card.

Kind regards,

Michelleasked

Hi

I was looking to refinance and I saw an ad for an owner occupied loan at 2.99% with your company. I want to confirm that:

1)the 2.99% is NOT a honeymoon rate, therefore not increase after a set amount of time. Is there any disclaimer I should be aware of? I have heard people being burnt by offered a low rate but then after a few years the loan rate increases and this is not even in response to a RBA rate increase.

2) if there is another rate cut, will these also be passed on to customers? I know Athena home loan swears by this for their loan products. Is yours similar to this? I want to know there is transparency

Hi Michelle,

1. No the 2.99% is not a honeymoon rate.

2. We cannot predict the future, but we can tell you that the past 3 rate cuts by the RBA, have been passed on in full to our Homestar customers.

Please note: You do need to meet specific credit criteria to get this rate.

Kind regards,

Thanks you! That is excellent

Banzaii

Banzaiiasked

Who manages your offset accounts and provides visa debit cards? Do these need to managed via a linked account from a bank etc. Are deposits into offset guaranteed?

Geoff B.
Geoff B.

The loan and the offset are managed via the website and are underwritten by ANZ, the deposits are guaranteed. (BSB no’s are ANZ)

Get an answer from our members and Homestar Finance representatives