• Timeliness
  • Loan used for:
    • Refinancing (81)
    • First Home (26)
    • Investment Property (8)
    • Second Home (6)
  • Loan TypeVariable Rate (131) · Fixed Rate (2) · Split (1)
  • Online Tools
  • Application Process
  • Loan Term28.541 years

Happy customer after refinancing with Homestar Finance

Ghada Colton was our customer service representative from start to finish and was always happy to answer our questions. The whole process took a while and we did need to resubmit documents a couple of times but if you are happy to stay on top of things and make sure the turn around is quick at your end each time the final result is a great interest rate and more money in your pocket. Hopefully they continue their run of passing on any RBA cuts in full.

Todd

ToddHunter Region, NSW

Great to deal with & very low interest rate

We refinanced our home loan and Justin was our home loan specialist. He answered all my questions and made my wife and I feel at ease during a nervous time. Homestar was one of the lowest rates I could find and would so far recommend them.

Homestar F.Homestar Finance

Great service especially during settlement period

Rick and Ash consistently answered all my first home owner questions throughout the whole application process. When it came to crunch time(settlement after the Christmas break) I had consistent support from the team regarding lodging all the correct documents and escalations with the legal team to get me into my apartment ASAP. Being a first home buyer I bombarded Ash with questions that were likely out of her scope but she answered everything I threw at her and provided advice as required. 5 STARS WELL DESERVED!

Jo121South East Queensland, QLD

HOMESTART gets 5 star from us

From the get go Rick and Ash were a fantastic team giving good clear instructions and advice they ensured my expectations were clear and were available for any queries I had. The process wasn't a quick one but considering it was spread over the Christmas period it took 2 months to remortgage I think this was reasonable.
I got the rate I had discussed with Rick a very competitive one too in comparison with even other online lenders and my friends were surprised at how good it was.
Rick made good suggestions like taking a little extra to cover costs which could always be repaid into the loan or the offset.

[Address Removed]

Great Financial understanding

We have 3 different loans and 6 other accounts and they managed to follow all and work out what was going on, they have a great financial understanding and were quite simple to deal with.

Sean D.

Sean D.Illawarra, NSW

Great rates and service!

Jenny did a great job managing the finance approval for the purchase of my first home! Everything settled today with no issues so I'm very stoked. Can't recommend homestar enough

Homestar F.Homestar Finance

Good low rate. Process could be faster

Very happy with the service provided by Ghada Colton. The process end of the day was quite straightforward. Whole process could be made faster. I am satisfied with the rate that we were offered.

easy to do

Simple process to change lenders to a better rate, very happy with the straight forward process. Helpful staff with quick response to questions. Would recommend to people chasing a better rate then current lender.

Loan Start DateJanuary 2019

Excellent service

Very happy with the service provided by Patrick. He made the process extremely easy for a first home buyer and was always available to answer our questions. The rate we got is also the best in the market so couldn't be happier and would recommend Homestar Finance to family and friends.

Greg

GregPerth, WA

Very satisfied

Have just finished the process with Ghada and Homestar. I explained my lack of knowledge and Ghada took full control of my situation. The process wasn't quick but it was thorough. I have a very low rate and nothing else has changed, it's direct debit, and I can't thank Ghada enough

Anwar

AnwarSydney, NSW

I had a very good experience with Homestar from start to finish. It’s not a terribly fast process -getting a home loan online- but it was easy and there was always help when required.

Loan used for:Investment Property

kathy

kathyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The best low rate around

Extremely happy with the great rate that Homestar have given us, something our previous big 4 bank couldn’t even get close to. Jenny was very helpful with the whole process and was quick to answer any questions we had.

Loan Start DateNovember 2019

Benjamin M.

Benjamin M.Victoria

Homestar - an unbeatable rate

Patrick that we dealt with was excellent and very responsive. No fees and an offset account and a very low rate, that my existing bank couldn't get close to. So far very happy with everything.

Herman Sutanto

Herman SutantoSydney, NSW

Great Home Loan Rate with Customer Focus

The customer service representative was outstanding. I started loan processing with Justin Ho the Homestar Loan Specialist. Everything went smoothly and I am now a Homestart customer. Justin was professional and understanding his customer which made the whole process less stressful for me who had little time to talk over the phone. I will say it is worth considering Homestar, it will save you thousands of Dollars for future equity.

Peter

PeterSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very Happy

Very happy to have moved from the "big 4" to Homestar.
The customer service received from Tony Vasey was excellent. And we save 1.1% on interest repayments. Which adds up if you have a large loan.
To others paying high interest rates, I would say it is worth considering Homestar.

Ben

BenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great rate, all the features you'd expect

From first contact, my Homestar home loan specialist was helpful and attentive. The application process was relatively simple (a PDF document I was able to complete electronically) with all the standard attachments (statements, payslips, etc). The approval process itself was a bit lengthy as it was a busy period. The loan documents are were all handled electronically through Homestar's solicitors e-sign portal.

After settlement, the Origin Mortgage Management Service team were very helpful in setting up my online banking profile, which itself has a simple and clean interface with all the basic functionality you'd expect (although no mobile app).

PaulSouth East Queensland, QLD

Awesome decision to change lender to Homestar

I refinanced from another bank after they refused to negotiate a reasonable interest rate in the current climate of rate drops. I was with them for over ten years, was loyal, ahead of payments, etc. I started investigating other lenders and came across Homestar. Their interest rate was one of the lowest on the market. With due diligence, I started to look into Homestar. The customer service representatives were great and eventually, I started working with Patrick Vergara the Homestar Loan Specialist. Everything went smoothly and I am now a Homestart customer. Patrick was fantastic and made the whole process less stressful for me and my wife. I will save thousands of dollars over the coming years. We highly recommend Homestar!

Thank you! My name is [Personal Details Removed]

Homestar F.Homestar Finance

Thank you for your details Paul, we have received them and have requested for product review to remove your personal details (as this is a public website).

Wendy

WendyAustralian Capital Territory

I highly recommend Homestar Finance

I refinanced my home loan and took out an investment loan with Homestar. Jenny was so helpful to me throughout the entire process, always quick to respond to my emails and answer any questions I had. I felt very comfortable in all of my dealings with her. In addition to her terrific service, I also got the best interest rates and I am so glad that I switched to Homestar. (Although I was offered a gift card to write this, I am happy to promote the great service I received and this review reflects my honest opinion.)

Ryan

RyanSydney Surrounds, NSW

Appreciate the help of the homestar team. Great rate and refi

Very thankful to Jim and the team at homestar for helping us refinance our loan. It's a much better rate and unlocked some equity in the home to help with a growing family. Highly recommended.

Tu Nguyen

Tu NguyenIllawarra, NSW

Fantastic and low rate

Richard has helped us to refinance our Home loan to Homestar Finance today. I am really happy and enjoy the whole stress-free process. Richard is very professional and answer us every inquires in timely manner. I really appreciate and look forward to enjoy the lowest interest.