Honda EU10i

Honda EU10i Questions & Answers

34 questions from our users

david s.

david s.asked

I followed the instructions with my new EU 10i generator . Filled it with correct oil and ran it for 10 hours then ran it for 10 mins to get hot and drained then refilled . I am concerned now because the first 10 hours i ran with about 60% load and never con cidered running it in but read somewhere that these engines have to be run in without any load for a while or the life of the engine will be severely compromised . Feeling a bit disappointed now as there's nothing mentioned in the Manual about this. Please advise?

radar

radarasked

you have 2 two models of this generator as seen on 240volt outlet what else is different regards john

B Bater

B Baterasked

I want to run an air compressor in my workshop. I have an eu10i and a eu20i what size compressor should I be looking for? ( for each size generator )

Jan v.

Jan v.asked

How can I find out if the fuel pump of my Honda EU inverter 10i is broken?
Where is the fuel pump located?

Razu M.

Razu M.asked

Will a eu 10 i run a refrigerator or water pump?

David

Davidasked

How much oil does an EU1i take ?

ralph w.

ralph w.asked

1kva.just serviced gosford tools.starts easy as,20secs./5 mins.then stops repeatedly.runs well till stops.medium use only max.of 500w,except when charging batteries with 16 amp charger.no_one wants to look at it when you mention honda.service people @dibbo 400klm.away.anybody have any advice???thanks ralph

Sherry K.

Sherry K.asked

Why flames are shooting out of my Honda eg 2500 generator?

Nicole C.

Nicole C.asked

Hi. My Eu10 generator, which I bought 2nd hand ran really well the first 2 times I used it, it would run for 7-8 hours. Now it just stops every half hour if that. But it will start ok. Plus it seems to go through a bit of oil. Is that normal?

ratshit

uses oil.needs a rebuild.had same problem

Peter

Peterasked

Ikva inverter honda. will only run for about 3-4 hrs then stops and will not restart until i fill the tank, will run perfectly for another 3-4hrs and then stop. it has been suggested it is the fuel pump failing, has anyone had this issue ?

Farnley H.

How come Honda doesn't reply to some of these technical questions?

ratshit

im still waiting for my answers to.

johnvanderleest
johnvanderleest

Have you checked the vent on the full tank cap is not blocked or working properly. A closed full tank vent has the same symptoms.

Windy

Windyasked

Where can I get this model?

Phil.W

Phil.Wasked

My Honda UE10i DC output on NO load is 25 volts DC. Is this normal?
It also hunts on NO load and smells obviously rich. How do I adjust the mixture setting and/or stop the hunting?

Farnley H.

How come Honda doesn't reply to some of these technical questions?

chris j.

chris j.asked

How to remove carbi and clean jet

mason

masonasked

Can you please tell me if the Honda EU10i produces a pure sign wave please?

V8Snail

Yes it does. I have attached an oscilloscope to my own EU10i and it produces a very clean sine wave under varying loads.

Gary C.

Gary C.asked

Hi .
I have a EU10I Generator. When running on Eco Mode the engines hunts. The revs go up and down In normal mode the engine of cause run higher but the hunting stops.
I have replaced the air filter, spark plug and oil but it still continues with the hunting on Eco Mode. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.
Thanking you in advance.
Regards
Gary Chapman.

V8Snail

Sounds like fuel starvation. Look at cleaning the carby bowl and jet and checking there is good fuel flow from the tank and through the tap. Check the cap breather for blockage and even the muffler ports for carbon build up which will restrict flow.

Robin

Robinasked

My eu10i runs a 500w load but trips out with 700w vacuum cleaner load. Please can you tell me what the problem might be?

Hi Robin,
The problem you are having is that the vacuum cleaner may be rated at 700 watts but the starting power can be 3 or 4 times that i.e 2100 watts or more to start. The generator will attempt to supply start power but it is way in excess of what the generator can provide and it will go into overload mode to protect itself. This is very common when a reactive load such as a motor starts up. If you must run a vacuum cleaner from a generator you will need a larger unit than eu10i.

Johnno

Johnnoasked

Hi,I have 2 older eu10i's.during the last power outage I started generator A, when I attempted to start a house fridge it had a hissy fit and stopped.. I started generator B and connected the fridge to it and it ran no problems. Nowback to generator A, I connected it to a car fridge with less draw and it ran no problem. How do I check the output of generator A and where do I start looking for a fault part.

Hi Johno,
You have a similar problem to the question above. The compressor in the fridge draws far more power to start than to run. You mention that your generators are older type eu10i's. You will find that both generators are most likely struggling to start the refrigerator but generator A may have a more sensitive protection circuit than generator B causing it to trip into overload before the fridge can fully start. It may be the case that generator B may just have a little extra grunt and just gets the fridge to start or its overload adjustment is less sensitive that A. The only way to check the overload function is to connect a purely resistive load, such as an electric bar heater of about 900 to 1000 watt rating or a small electric jug of about 900 to 1000 watts to see if the generator is producing its rated output. Short of that get them to a dealer that can load test them and adjust if necessary. Car fridges are a completely different set up to a standard household refrigerator. They use electronic control to start and run their compressors and are there is soft start circuits involve with most modern car fridges. This eliminates the high starting currents that house hold fridges draw when starting.

trendy

trendyasked

brought new eu10, ran two tanks of petrol thru it without running it on eco mode, have i done any damage, cause it seems to miss a little in continuous revs,unlike when first started for hours without missing a bit?

Mike

Wouldn't think so after two tanks. If the oil is at the correct level, and you have been using a quality non ethanol fuel, it sounds unlikely. Is it only high revs and little or no load that it runs a touch rough? Does it smooth out with a load on? Another simple thing is clean and regap the spark plug. If you have run ethanol fuel, there is a possibility it may need a jet and emulsion tube clean ( carburettor ). If the emulsion tube holes block, it can run a touch rough, depending on the severity of the blockage. Cleaning both will present no great challenge to a Honda dealer ( to maintain your warranty ). Its surprising how quick they can block with ethanol based fuel. The eco switch is there to use, if its run in, then save fuel.

Jonesy

Jonesyasked

Hi I was wondering if a Honda 1 Kia generator will run a 200 litre freezer on a boat. It’s 220-240 Watts? Thanks dwayne

Mike

You need to find out the STARTING CURRENT DRAW of your appliance. If that is greater than the output, in Amps, of the generator, then no. You would need to size your generator to suit the draw of the appliance.

Kensei
Kensei

Hi Jonesy I had a 150litre freezer and I had to up grade to another gen set as the start up gave the E10 too much load. I now have a 2.4 kVA Yamaha and have a surplus my friend uses a Westinghouse diesel of similar size and will get 24hrs before refueling , the Yamaha gets8 to16hrs depending on load

Joe

Joeasked

How many amps does 1KVA generator deliver?