Honda UMK435U

Honda UMK435U

4.3

Great machine

Great machine cutting grass at 6 feet + very thick grass and lantana and all the weeds and all the things you can imagine. this thing gets the job done so quiet and so much power. I was almost not going to buy it because it didn’t sound loud and powerful But it prove me wrong. I changed the oil after every use not because I have to because I want to and it has no oil filter and the oil is cheap so why not. feels a little bit heavy but I moved the handlebars and pull them back to the motor more than that made me feel like I’ve got more control Over it and took the heaviness out of it. The bum Feed is easy to use. The Harness is pretty crap get a Stihl one. I paid about 820 for mine pretty sure I got ripped off found online for 699

Purchased at Stihl Dealer for A$819.00.

very costly to repair

Product is used Occasionally
Grass Type Short grass and Tall grass
Breathe in the air

Breathe in the airMid North Coast, NSW

Works well until an early death

Purchased in September 2016.

Rojimac

RojimacSydney, NSW

The Beast!!!

After years of using quality 2-strokes, I finally purchased a Honda and what a difference... So easy to start, very reliable, well built and a great machine to use. My only complaint (if I have to be picky) might be the extra weight, but that’s no real issue for me.
Honda, you’ve won me over for sure. I’ve replaced my Mower, Whipper, Hedger and Edger with Honda over the last few years whilst still keeping a Stihl blower and Stihl and Husqvarna chainsaws.

Purchased in April 2016.

Grass Type Short grass
Charbel

CharbelSydney, NSW

Perfect commercial trimmer

Split shaft 35cc trimmer purchased online what can I say it cuts through the thickest grass and does not slow down even in extreme heat can get heavy but I'm used to it the best trimmer on the market

Purchased in November 2018 at Honda Dealers for A$500.00.

Product is used Daily
F.G.

F.G.Sydney

What a great addition to my yard tools.

Date PurchasedDec 2003
Jeremy S

Jeremy STownsville

The problem doesn't seem to be vacuum

Mine is 10 years old now. When working it is a great machine, problem is it was always dying under full throttle when hot and then other times it wouldn't run from cold. Last year I had one last go a playing around with carby, pulled it apart and scratched out a bit of gum, didn't replace any diaphragms only main gasket onto cylinder. Replaced ignition coil and spark plug, no difference. Had spark so fuel had to be the issue. Put compressed air back through the pick up filter in the fuel tank. Like a new machine, not sure what was clogging it as it didn't look dirty but can say for certain that was the problem. Annoying as like many I have searched for answers for several years and cursed the pig of a thing for longer than that.

Date PurchasedJun 2007
mr aussie

mr aussieSydney

I have had many brands of trimmers, this one is THE BEST

Bought mine 2nd hand, it had not been serviced for over 6 months and the guy who sold it to me was upgrading to a new Honda, I have only cleaned the filter, replaced the fuel , this Honda starts 2nd pull from cold and 1st pull on hot, runs and cuts like a dream, less vibration then other brands, less engine noise , more power at lower revs, well built, what more can i say, its so good to have a nice piece of quality equipment that is reliable.

Date PurchasedJun 2016
delicious cake

delicious cakevegas

For the money, its fairly average

When you pay $700 for a whipper snipper you think that it will be absolutely bullet proof for many years to come. The bump feed on this whipper snipper has stopped working twice. The first time we took it back to the dealer and they were able to fix it, and now it doesn't work again. So I have to wait until I can make the trip to my honda dealer again to get the issue resolved. It's not a very reliable machine.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

martin

martinCairns

This is a great machine..

I have used it professionally for years.. Cant fault it.. 2 Strokes make no sense for this kind of work , I see my stupid council in Cairns using 2 strokes burning my rates money and laugh/cry. Thanks Honda for showing us how it is done...

Date PurchasedSep 2012
Martin Thompson

Martin ThompsonToowoomba

Awsome Bit of Gear

I picked up a 2 yewr old second hand unit from our local Hon. da small engine dealer. I can only say I am impressed, it starts so easily and does not miss a beat. I have used both blade and cord on it in some very heavy going and it handles it with ease. The only downside I can see with this machine is that it is probably a bit too heavy for my wife to use.It would have to rate as a "big tractor" in the world of brush cutters.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Peter from the Tweed

Peter from the TweedTweed

Excellent machine

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Paul Saviti

Paul SavitiMelbourne

excellent, quick start one pull machine

lightweight and easy to carry. no awkward handle parts. Good on petrol it last me my full yard. That's new because I have had to refuel with my old whipper-snipper. Only downside is it was a little bit ore expensive. Guess you get what you pay for though with these machines.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015

Keep losing top bolt/screw

Date PurchasedMay 2012
Rashad

Rashadsydney

This certain brushcutter lets me down.

This is the 3rd time i have purchased one of these has plenty of grunt but every year lets me down the carburetor ceases.
Litterally once a year this happens 3rd machine and sane problem,dealer says doesnt cover warranty at all which is upsetting due to buying these machines thinking they are durable and so on.
I wouldn't purchase one of these machines again.
Honda needs to fix this problem no one helps with these problems.
I love honda but when it comes to this certain machine never again.

Date PurchasedDec 2015

Find out how Honda UMK435U compares to other Petrol Whipper Snippers

Better than a Shindaiwa T270 - Simply Put - Buy One!

Lucky We Mow Located in South Brisbane providing Lawn Mowing Services to Logan Residential Home Owners and Surrounding Suburbs have been using the UMK435U Honda Edger now for two months (beginning 14th-Sep-2016) and we will never look back.

Previously, we used the Shindaiwa T270 Top of the Line Edger.

The UMK435U is so much quieter, does not need oil added to its fuel (Fuel is pricey enough!!) because its a hefty 4Stroke Motor with what we feel has at least 2x the power of the T270. The UMK435U Edger has to be the best on the market. Get yourself one.

Date PurchasedSep 2016
John71

John71Cygnet

Out of date review

The time difference between now and my original review makes my opinion moot.
I was sent a replacement fuel cap so that a vacuum would not be created in the fuel tank during use of the machine.
However, I have not had reason to use the machine in the last few years, neither am I sure I am physically capable of using it any more.
Assuming the fuel cap has solved the choking problem, it is a very useful brush cutter.
My apologies to Honda for taking such a long time to respond.

Date PurchasedSep 2005
Thunderbolt 1

Thunderbolt 1Brisbane

great line trimmer replaced my Stihl with this one

d w

d wGoonengerry

Nice machine

Honda
James H.Honda

Patty W

Excellent except for non-durable parts.

Spool and bottom line housing cover are both non-durable. Expect to spend ~$25 replacing either sporadically, timing depends on a user's technique. Even the professionals need to replace these parts eventually because friction is needed to feed the line and friction is what erodes the plastic and metal. Based on price the use of non-genuine parts is suggested but they also have their own pros and cons. If you do change of to non-genuine never thrown out the genuine product - those 2 small metal parts that guide the trimmer line out of the bottom line housing cover cost about ~$25!

The combination of a loop handle, no harness and two strong arms allows the professional to quickly adjust their position when trimming residential lawn edges.

Honda