Hoover Action Pets

Hoover Action Pets

don't bother if you have pets

I could have bought a cheaper cleaner but got sucked in by the salesman. The pet feature is useless as the head keep blocking up, the machine tips over by looking at it and the bag capacity is far too small. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. The machine is crap.

Purchased in March 2019 for $500.00.

Noise Level
Product is used: Several times a week
Pet OwnerYes
Floor Type Carpet and Wood
Clogging Issues Yes

Most useless vacuum cleaner I have ever owned

1. Very heavy and cumbersome.
2. Power cord too short.
3. Smooth floor head sweeps rather picks up dust, especially on tiles.
4. Always having to clean the brush on this head as keeps getting blocked up with dust and fluff.
5. Won’t roll over the cord as the wheels are too short.
6. The power head works ok on carpets but the other head is useless on carpets as doesn’t suck up small bits of fluff.
7. Tips over easily

Purchased in April 2018 at Godfreys for $479.00.

Noise Level
Product is used: Weekly
Pet OwnerNo
Floor Type Carpet and Tiles
Clogging Issues No

Good for carpet, useless for everything else.

First the good: Extremely good with the power head on carpets, does what it is meant to do.

Now for the bad: its bulky, tips over easy, the cord is WAY to short, its hard to get into any small area, the power head is only good on carpet, on tiles it is frustratingly terrible at suction to the point that I find it quicker to bend over and pick up anything other than dust. I had always used Dyson before and got suckered into buying this from a very persuasive saleperson. I am now going to buy another Dyson and throw this thing in the cupboard to be forgotten about.

If its only for carpet I would rate it 3 out of 5 deducting stars for the short cord, bulkiness and habit of it tipping over

Date PurchasedOct 2018

A must have for carpet areas

After our last Hoover vacuum, we didn't think twice about buying the Action Pets model when upgrading. We have large carpeted areas and pets that shed badly and it never lets us down. The power head is very effecient at picking up all the fur and the dirt and dust from aging carpet that's due for replacing.

The vacuum is light enough that we can easily tackle the carpeted stairs with it too. We haven't had any issues with it tipping over and can get good life from the bags before they need changing.

The small handheld power head is a great idea and would be prefect for tricky areas and furnishings but unfortunately it jams quickly with hair and fur. Its also air driven instead of motor driven like the big powerhead which I think contributes to the loss of function when jammed. Bit disappointed that I need to stop after a few minutes and cut and detangle it (this process takes a few minutes each time and makes the task longer and frustrating). But if you don't have pets and female hair to clean up you should be fine!

Overall very happy with this small exception.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Hard to move around

As others have said its hard to move, a bit heavy, and the hose always seems to some how get twisted and kink, which is annoying. Cord an extra 2 metres would be useful. Hard to get it to stand up stable for storage. Persuasive salesman talked us up from a more basic barrel model and i regret it. The powerhead feature looks impressive but im not sure how much it really does or if its more of a gimmick.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Difficult to empty dust container

No not so far. Powerhead does a fantastic job picking up dust and pet fur. Carpets look great
but is a bit cumbersome. I have one major gripe,emptying the dirt cylinder. As per another reviewer it took longer to empty than it took to vacuum. As the suction is so powerful the dirt and dust is really compacted. When opening container to empty into a bin it wont all just fall out and the design with attached lid is not user friendly the lid keeps catching the dirt. Had to poke, shake and prod for a very long time to empty the dirt. VERY messy.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Worst vacuum used in the last 50 years

I intended to buy another Wertheim or try the Miele at Brookvale. He said they were lesser quality (price was less really, Hoover cost more). Salesman talked me out of both, said this Hoover was superior.
It sucks ... not in a nice way. Lug it around and it falls over, cord too short, no neat way of dusting with small head brush. A nuisance to put away and store, not designed to be user friendly. Not designed eh !

I told them we don't have pets. Guess Godfreys have a great buying deal on this model. Saw the salesman urging another unsuspecting customer. Why didn't he just let me buy what I wanted. When I clean house I think of that big salesman -- and not in a nice way either.

Folks just don't get the Hoover, it is not worth the price.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Great product

A little pricey for a vacuum but so worth it. Family members have also bought this product based on our feedback. Suction is fantastic! Leaves the house spotless. Only thing is you do need to clean it frequently to try avoid suction issues from dirt/dust build up. Overall fantastic and we are very happy. There is also a blue light that shows the dust particles on the floor clearly in darker areas. Firm grip. Comes with other mouth pieces also to reach into hard spots. A great investment!

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Hoover Action Pet - Spend More Time Cleaning The Head

HOOVER ACTION PETS POWER HEAD VACUUM I thought would be the answer to my vacuum needs. I was wrong. It is constantly blocking suction only last for a few minutes and if you want to spend more time cutting out the rubbish from the head than actually vacuuming then this is the Hoover for you. I have one small dog that does not shed hair so this problem is not due to massive amount of pet hair. Very disappointed when paying so much for this I really thought it was going to be the answer. It worked fine for the first month. Bags are expensive and the design of the head is terrible. This machine needs a head that you can take off to cleanse. It is so screwed in there is no way you can take it apart every time to cleanse it. Sorry Hoover, but this is not a winner carpet cleaner. Hard work.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Great Pet Vac

As the owner of a long haired fur baby (cat) ive always had a problem with white fur on the furniture. Well this is a problem NO more. This vac picks it all up even in tbe nooks a crannies. Great suction to get ot all in the barrel. Great Vac

Date PurchasedApr 2018

it's pretty good

It's a good vacuum cleaner. It has a large head, so going under tv cabinets, low beds isn't possible. also only a 45 degree turning head so manuvering around chair legs is a mission. picks up most fur off the ground, filters need constant replacement to keep the suction s

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Clumsy, heavy and plain annoyance

I hate vacuuming hence I should have tested more products and not let the vacuum cleaner sales person in on the fact that I have pets. He literally lost his mind over showing me how the Hoover Action Pets sucks up all the fluff. I mean FLUFF! which vaccuum cleaner wouldn’t? I needed one quick so I just got the first one because it vacuumed and I liked the colour (savvy much??) However, where were the product designers on the day this machine was created? It is all the things you do not want in a thing you have to pull through the house: Heavy, loud, doesn’t vacuum well and the cord is way too short. When you pull it around a corner it falls over and the top bit opens. 9 out of 10 times you’ll hear me through the house ‘I hate this thing!’ Off to the Second Hand Shop now to get rid of it after a year of torture. Not sure I’ll fall for another Hoover trick.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

A solid vacuum cleaner with a power head on the cheap (with minor build issues)

Hoover in all honesty has impressed me. The item was bought a year ago, and has worked quite well. The experience can be summed up by saying: " You get what you pay for"

The first con that comes to my mind would be the build quality. Its built well enough, but i feel like its not as sturdy as i would like it to be. About a year (11 months in), i often hear squeaks when i hold the vacuum cleaner with a bit of force. Its nothing too major, but relates to the plastic handle. One of the wheels on the lower left side also feels a bit off (loose), which was a let down (hence -1 star)

It is relatively easy to maneuver and use, but i find the cable to be a bit short. Another gripe i have is going in reverse, as that without fail always seems to tangle up the cables (due to the design of the vacuum cleaner). It's these minor inconveniences that add up over time, a leave a slightly negative impression.

However, day to day performance is solid. It comes boxed with a power head, which is super handy for cleaning carpets and the suction is quite strong. Its a very pleasant experience for me so far using and it hasn't has any anomalies. It also has a knob that can adjust between the different power settings, and has a visual representation (above knob). I've cleaned wooden floors, carpets, tiles and curtains (includes a head for curtains) with ease, the cleaner is mainly built with plastic but it does pack quite a bit of power under the hood.

Overall, im quite happy with the purchase and consider it to be a lot more affordable and versatile than what dyson offers around the $500 range.

Verdict: Recommended

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Cleans carpet well.

Really good for cleaning carpets with the power head. We are very happy with our purchase.

There are two small annoyances, one is the bags fills up very fast due to the good cleaning action, but more than happy to change bags regularly to get clean carpets. The other is the power head does clog up with hair and other similar wast, and needs to be cleaned at least once a month, but as before we are more than happy to remove the waste hair to get clean carpets.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Fantastic Vacuum

This is a great vacuum that pics up our dog's hair when she gets to come inside.
This vacuum was chosen because of the great suction and power/turbohead to pick up the hair.
It has good accessories with it - even the mattresses get a vacuum with the upholstery attachment.
I like to use the attachments for many different tasks.. shame the dog is not keen on her being vacuumed :)
The only downside is the short cord.. we always need to attach an extension cord to do the vacuuming around our not huge house. I have seen other Hoover vacuums with much longer cords.
I would still recommend this vacuum to others.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

I love this vacuum, it makes cleaning fun!

So I've been using a Dyson V6 handstick for a 3 BR 2 Bath house. It was sufficient for apartment living but I went to Godfrey's to look for an upgrade for deeper cleaning. First of all, I actually wanted to revert back to a wall powered vacuum, so the vacuum never runs out of power no matter how long you go at it! I have two cats at home and a human who sheds massive amounts of hair, so I really needed something to handle the hairiness of the house. The Hoover is great because it has the vibrating mode which really pulses out all the dirt and hair from the carpets and rugs. And you can easily switch between different floor types just by turning this mode off. The awesome thing is that the vacuum on its highest setting sucks so fast and powerfully that the hair is less likely to get caught at the head and roll into the turbine. This means less snipping out hair and more time for other good things. It has an easy to read dial to change between the different power modes. Although it's quiet noisy I think that's expected when something is sucking at the floor so powerfully. The system uses bags which I think is more hygienic anyway (they hold a lot!) and also has the HEPA filter on it. I've been told the bags are cheap as well. Overall, a very happy customer. At $399 (after some discounts) I'm much more satisfied when it comes to vacuuming the house.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Above average vacuum cleaner with a very short cord

Not a bad vacuum cleaner, targeting pet owners with the motorised head. Great telescopic stem and handy "add ons". The motorised head works well, but gets clogged up quickly and needs to be taken apart to clean. The build quality is all plastic so I am assuming it won't last long, but we will wait and see. The electricity cord is terribly short, so you will need an extension cord to get around. The Hoover is not cheap at $499 and I can only compare this vacuum cleaner with our old Wertheim (made in Europe), purchased almost 20 years ago for $900. That vacuum cleaner is still working but on its way out. This Hoover is not bad, but we do live in a chuck away society, where everything is made in China. If this vacuum cleaner last us 5 years+ we will be happy. At the moment we are in our second year and no problems, fingers crossed!

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Amazing cleaning power

I love this vacuum cleaner, well worth the money. I also bought a filter attachment for the hose so I don’t ruin the engine when my darling child tips out flour on my carpet. Very easy to use, love the motorised foot. I have vacuumed my lounge three times now and it is still picking up dirt and dust that my precious vacuum cleaner left behind. Totally in love with this product. I actually look forward to vacuuming now!

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Excellent Product

Very happy customer - excellent product and great value for money - easy to move around on carpet and timber floors - great customer service when I purchased it - power head is wonderful - would highly recommend this product to family and friends looking to purchase a new vacuum

Date PurchasedMar 2017

powerful

The performance of the suction was the best I've ever seen/ used. Having a dog that's breed is Alaskan malamute (meaning it sheds A LOT), has meant that our carpets were covered with dog hair. Other vacuums prior to this wouldn't do well enough. The hoover we purchased not only easily picked up the masses of hair but was powerful enough to suction up the embedded hairs as well and everything deeper in the carpet.
I highly recommend this product, for a deep clean to your carpets and has been extremely easy and stress free to use.

Date PurchasedMar 2017