Hoover Action Pets

Hoover Action Pets

Vacuum Cleaners Buying Guide

3.7

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (11) · No (5)
  • Clogging Issues Yes (5) · No (11)

Great suction!

I use this on thick carpets, hard wood floors and thin carpets. The suction is awesome and the vibrating function makes sure it picks up everything. The only downside is that it tips over easily and the pipe can get twisted. That aside, I still prefer having those extra clean surfaces!

Purchased in August 2018 at Godfreys Physical Stores.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood
Alex

AlexSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great vacuum cords a bit short

I love this vacuum it's powerful great suction especially the light option with more power with the spinning head brilliant but it's an absolute pain with such a short cord and it tips over constantly I'll quite often turn to see it upside down and it's so frustrating

Purchased in March 2019 for A$299.00.

Product is used Daily
mike

mikeWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Really cleans carpet well

Christine loaned me her one and its great .cleans carpet of dog hair and smell.
Very strong construction ..heavy build almost commercial standard I recon.
Does trip over its own lead and hose sometimes. Will definitely buy it off her

Purchased for A$250.00.

Floor Type Carpet

Shilpa B.

Shilpa B.Sydney, NSW

Very nice love my vaccum hoover is the best

I use it for both carpet and hard surface tiles in the kitchen
I love it .. it gives a clean smooth carpet and even picks up the minutest of the dust from with in the carpet or mats.i can definitely see the difference between using the cheap ones from kmart and this one.. just love it

Purchased in July 2019 at Godfreys for A$479.00.

Jen A

Jen ASouth East Queensland, QLD

An excellent product, I'm very happy with it.

I chose this in part because it has a bag, which I find cleaner and tidier. It has a large capacity so I have only needed to change the bag once in the 11 months I've had it. It's thorough, light to manoeuvre and picks up pet hair no trouble.

Purchased in January 2019 at Godfreys Physical Stores for A$239.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Wood
Customer S.Hoover
Karen S.

Karen S.Perth, WA

Worst vacuum ever

Went to Godfreys around July 2019 and was talked into this. So awkward to move around, is heavy, grip type handle is a pain, constantly tips over, hose gets twisted and the short cord is irritating. Good suction on carpet, removes alot of pet hair, ok on the tiled areas. Hard to store. Paid $459.00.
I think in all honesty it's the worst vacuum I have bought in 37 years. Turned me off Hoover for life now.
I will go and get the stick vacuum I wanted to start with.

Purchased in July 2019 at Godfreys for A$459.00.

Mel

MelMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Don't think I could hate vacuuming more

Purchased in February 2018 at Godfreys Physical Stores for A$499.00.

Suction not great

Purchased in October 2019 at Godfreys Physical Stores for A$370.00.

Kaytlyn

KaytlynSouth East Queensland, QLD

Does the job

I bought this vacuum when I was living with my housemates dogs and cats. It managed to pick up hair best on carpet, but sometimes struggled sucking up items off the tiled/timber flooring. This vacuum has a vet short chord of maybe 3m. It makes for a very annoying chore having to unplug and use multiple powerpoints throughout the house. The vacuum comes with lots of different heads for cleaning cars etc.

Purchased in July 2018 at Godfreys.

AnushkaVictoria

Fantastic for carpets

We have mainly carpets but a few tiled areas. Have found this vacuum cleaner to be perfect for our needs . We recently tested it next to a Dyson dc54 and what the Hoover did in one go took the Dyson about 8 times going over . Very happy with our purchase. Only complaint is it often tips over

Purchased at Godfreys for A$479.00.

Liza Ryan O.

Liza Ryan O.

Great Vacuum Purchase

Great vacuum if you have pets. Good suction and has a power head or normal head options. Works well in mats/rugs and hard flooring. Definitely sucks up all the pet hair. Relatively light and easy to drag around. Need to change bags but that isn’t a major problem for me.

Purchased in November 2018 at Godfreys for A$300.00.

Floor Type Wood
sooz

soozPerth, WA

Disappointing

Bought the Hoover Pet Action to replace the wonderful little Hoover Smart. I explained that I had a small apartment style living where storage was a consideration to purchase. I was told that this was an upgrade to the Smart.
Totally disappointed with the Hoover Action Pet. Suction was acceptable however
1. The cleaner is heavy and not very maneuverable. It would frequently tip over onto its side or back
2. The head is so large that it would not easily fit under furniture
3. It is bulky to store, requiring to be broken down into individual parts before stowing. This made the cleaning process less convenient.
The Hoover Smart had just as good suction, and none of the issues mentioned above.

Purchased in July 2018 for A$479.00.

Gareth

GarethPerth, WA

Epic Fail

It is difficult to believe a company that has been making this equipment for 100 years could develop such a frustrating machine. As mentioned by others the cord is a bit on the short side, but the deal breaker for me is the poor tracking which causes the machine to tip over. As you pull it along you may as well flip a coin as to which way it will drive, and if you want it to follow along behind you best results seem to be attained in the upside down position.
Apart from that it works great.

Purchased in August 2017 at Godfreys for A$500.00.

AlbertoMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Wish I'd read the other reviews before I bought it

I went along to buy another Nilfisk but listened to the salesperson and got sold the Hoover Action Pets instead. The cleaner head takes large amounts of pile off our (expensive) carpets. The machine's capacity is small so the bag doesn't fill properly and needs replacing after every clean. The cleaner head is too high and doesn't fit under some furniture and too wide so doesn't fit into some spaces. I still use the old Nilfisk floor tool on the tiles. There is no handle on top of the machine so moving it around is cumbersome. The hose gets a kink it. In short a waste of $400+. I'll abandon this machine and go and buy a Nilfisk, which I should have got in the first place.

Purchased in June 2019 at Godfreys for A$430.00.

Alberto

I eventually took the Hoover back to Godfreys and they kindly did an exchange (with cash adjustment) so I now have the Nilfisk which I originally intended to buy. My carpets and I are much happier!

Greg

Greg

don't bother if you have pets

I could have bought a cheaper cleaner but got sucked in by the salesman. The pet feature is useless as the head keep blocking up, the machine tips over by looking at it and the bag capacity is far too small. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. The machine is crap.

Purchased in March 2019 for A$500.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood

Mike Buchanan

Mike BuchananWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Most useless vacuum cleaner I have ever owned

1. Very heavy and cumbersome.
2. Power cord too short.
3. Smooth floor head sweeps rather picks up dust, especially on tiles.
4. Always having to clean the brush on this head as keeps getting blocked up with dust and fluff.
5. Won’t roll over the cord as the wheels are too short.
6. The power head works ok on carpets but the other head is useless on carpets as doesn’t suck up small bits of fluff.
7. Tips over easily

Purchased in April 2018 at Godfreys for A$479.00.

Clogging Issues No

Good for carpet, useless for everything else.

First the good: Extremely good with the power head on carpets, does what it is meant to do.

Now for the bad: its bulky, tips over easy, the cord is WAY to short, its hard to get into any small area, the power head is only good on carpet, on tiles it is frustratingly terrible at suction to the point that I find it quicker to bend over and pick up anything other than dust. I had always used Dyson before and got suckered into buying this from a very persuasive saleperson. I am now going to buy another Dyson and throw this thing in the cupboard to be forgotten about.

If its only for carpet I would rate it 3 out of 5 deducting stars for the short cord, bulkiness and habit of it tipping over

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Happy customer

Happy customerBrisbane

A must have for carpet areas

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Adrian

AdrianAdelaide

Hard to move around

As others have said its hard to move, a bit heavy, and the hose always seems to some how get twisted and kink, which is annoying. Cord an extra 2 metres would be useful. Hard to get it to stand up stable for storage. Persuasive salesman talked us up from a more basic barrel model and i regret it. The powerhead feature looks impressive but im not sure how much it really does or if its more of a gimmick.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Difficult to empty dust container

No not so far. Powerhead does a fantastic job picking up dust and pet fur. Carpets look great
but is a bit cumbersome. I have one major gripe,emptying the dirt cylinder. As per another reviewer it took longer to empty than it took to vacuum. As the suction is so powerful the dirt and dust is really compacted. When opening container to empty into a bin it wont all just fall out and the design with attached lid is not user friendly the lid keeps catching the dirt. Had to poke, shake and prod for a very long time to empty the dirt. VERY messy.

Date PurchasedAug 2018