Hoover Action Pets Bagless

Hoover Action Pets Bagless

MPN: 5019PH

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

3.8

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (2) · No (1)
  • Clogging Issues Yes (1) · No (2)
reiBee

reiBee

Great for our 2-bed carpeted apartment with dog

Great vacuum - picks up a tonne of stuff out of the carpet. Our 2-bed apartment is fully carpeted so we invested in this vacuum a few months ago and it works a charm. Picks up all of the hair from our long-haired dog. The carpet looks visibly much cleaner after a vacuum which we do a couple of times a week.

Works on the tiled surfaces in our kitchens and bathrooms also. The powerhead is great! And the unit and powerhead are pretty quiet. Stable and doesn't tip, and it also pretty lightweight, even with the special head.

Purchased in January 2020 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $369.00.

Hoover
Godfrey G.Hoover
WendyChef

WendyChefGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The most versatile vacuum cleaner I have ever had

Purchased in September 2019 at Godfrey's Doncaster Westfield for $329.00.

Replaced it after 8 months

This vacuum is useless with so many design faults I don't believe that anyone at Hoover actually does the vacuuming. The power cord is too short, the pipe doesn't twist at both ends which kinks continually, the body of the vacuum is too low to the ground and tips over all the time, suction is poor, the dirt collector is too small.

Purchased in March 2018 for $399.00.

Barrel Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Hoover Action Pets Bagless compares to other Barrel Vacuum Cleaners

Shae

ShaeSouth Australia

Does a great job of lifting dirt and dog hair out of the carpet

I was amazed when I first bought this vacuum at how much dirt a d dog hair it pulled out if my carpet on the first go, especially given that I'd just vacuumed the day before with my old vacuum. A year on and it's still performing just as well. It's light and easy to manoeuvre and it only takes a few seconds to remove and empty the barrel. Cleaning the filter every few months is pretty straight forward too. The body of the vacuum does tip over if you catch the wheels on anything but I expect that's the same with all vacuums in this style.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Great little vacuum cleaner

I used to have a Dyson, but was totally blown away at how this little vacuum cleaner picked up so much dirt from my carpet.
The only issue I have is the cord is to short have to use a extension cord have only had a week but I am very impressed with it especially for the price . The power head is amazing .

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Difficult to empty dust container

No not so far. Powerhead does a fantastic job picking up dust and pet fur. Carpets look great
but is a bit cumbersome. I have one major gripe,emptying the dirt cylinder. As per another reviewer it took longer to empty than it took to vacuum. As the suction is so powerful the dirt and dust is really compacted. When opening container to empty into a bin it wont all just fall out and the design with attached lid is not user friendly the lid keeps catching the dirt. Had to poke, shake and prod for a very long time to empty the dirt. VERY messy.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Shafeel

ShafeelSydney

Great product

A little pricey for a vacuum but so worth it. Family members have also bought this product based on our feedback. Suction is fantastic! Leaves the house spotless. Only thing is you do need to clean it frequently to try avoid suction issues from dirt/dust build up. Overall fantastic and we are very happy. There is also a blue light that shows the dust particles on the floor clearly in darker areas. Firm grip. Comes with other mouth pieces also to reach into hard spots. A great investment!

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
MaggieMoo

MaggieMooSydney, NSW

Its OK

the canister is way too small - I live in a unit - and emptied it 5 times! the filter needed to be cleaned after one use. the hose kinks. the power head gets stuff wrapped around it - even a piece of paper curled around it.
the good things: its quiet.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
C.Online

C.OnlineLaunceston, TAS

Has been great!

Has a great suction and I like the light on the nozzle. My only con to it is that the length of the cord is shorter than I’d like, I’m always changing PowerPoints to vacuum other areas. It also has a small container so doesn’t hold much and I have to stop to empty it more often than I’d like. I’m surprised I haven’t blown it up from overfilling it. It’s not the best on tiles or floorboards, but I don’t know if that’s a generic vacuum thing, blowing the debris backwards. The overall vacuum is great for a smaller house.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Barrel Vacuum Cleaners

Deb

Deb

Strong suction but a few issues...

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Joc

JocVictoria, 3585

This is a great vaccum.

This is the best vaccum we have owned it has a spinning head witch is great for picking up hair and even dirt that gets into the carpets. Its very powerful not like a lot of vaccums that don't pick up hardly anything it is also a bagless vaccum as I hate mucking around empting bags or changing bags. its well worth the extra few dollars we had to pay. Highly Recommended.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Amit

AmitSydney

Decent VC

I had a Dyson before but when it quit I decided I didn't want to spend that much again. The Hoover does a great job - probably as good as the Dyson in suction power. The power cord is a little shorter and so is the hand held hose which makes reaching some places more difficult. It's also a little difficult to get all the debris out of the bagless container. We have dogs so there's a fair amount of dog hair. I usually have to completely disassemble the container to empty it instead of the one button release as advertised. But overall, for the money I think it is a good product.

Date PurchasedNov 2017