5Hoover Allergy

Clogging Issues Yes · No
3.8
3.8
3.6
Brand Manager for Hoover? Claim your listing.

Aileen
AileenGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC7 posts
Lam Sam
Lam SamSouthern and Hills, SA4 posts
  Verified Bagged 7000PH

Perfect vacuum cleaner

I have had my hoover allergy free vacuum for 2 years, I use it everyday as I like the pattern on my carpet. It is amazing, there are settings to clean lounges, curtains, carpets, tiles and floorboards and the hoover cleans all those surfaces perfectly! Suction is amazing, highly recommended. Easy to store.
Photos of my floors after use. Show details
Bianca
BiancaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC5 posts

Cant live without it!

I previously owed a Dyson, i loved it but sick of the battery running out half way through so it was time to get a corded vac. The best thing about this is the cord is 8m long, i can do the whole downstairs without unplugging. It has fantastic accessories so i can vacuum the stairs, fan and a special head for carpet that made the carpet look like new again. I absolutely recommend it! Show details
Jason T.
Jason T.2 posts
  Bagless 7011PH

Very frustrating to use, would not advise purchasing

Constantly clogs up, so many nooks and cranny's we spend more time unclogging than actually vacuuming. Also having to constantly purchased new filters means that this vacuum is very expensive to run. Its been back 3 times now with no real improvement. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND Show details
Jacqueline
JacquelineSydney, NSW3 posts

Poor product

We are a retired couple with no pets and vacuum once a week. We have both carpeted and hard floor areas. The red light comes on every time we use it although we clean the filters every time before and during use. We are tired of constantly having to buy new filters - about every 5 weeks at $34+ a time. We would not recommend this product to anyone. Show details
Hoover
Hoover   DM
BobboBobbo
BobboBobboHobart, TAS16 posts
  Verified Bagged 7000PH
John B
John BSouth East Queensland, QLD10 posts

Needs a few alterations

Cleans well but power head does not
lay flat to allow for cleaning underneath beds which is the place a lot of dust and nasties gather.
The other problem is when it is being used on a shag pile carpet the suction is too strong to push the head forward. Needs a better way of lowering the suction than just a little slider on the handle. Show details ·  2
Samantha R.
Samantha R.New South Wales2 posts
BJT
BJT2 posts

Works great

I’ve had this vacuum for about 9 months now and it generally gets used twice a week. I got the diverter at the same time and I find the whole unit to be excellent. It picks up dog and cat fur, easily. I use the power head on carpet, tiles and Lino and have not had a problem with it. It can get things caught around the brushes so you need to be a bit careful. The hose can kink and you need to be aware of that but it’s not a drama. I do wish however that the diverter was a bit bigger. I seem to empty it a lot and the body of the vacuum itself does get quite hot. And since I’ve had it I have had hardly any allergy symptoms which is really good! A good vacuum that I’m very happy with and I’m glad I bought it. Show details ·  1
Jennifer V.
Jennifer V.South East Queensland, QLD6 posts

Amazing strong suction

By far the best bagged vacuum I have used. Gets everything and had a wide variety of attachments, even a fan dust attachment.

We have tiled and carpet, works on both surfaces extremely well, has a 12m cord which is also very handy. We have 3 cats so there is alot of hair and it was so effective picking it all up.

The function I like the most is the powerhead, it vibrates the carpet as your clean so you can see all the sand and dirt jump up and you vacuum it up. Amazing!!! Show details ·  1

Catherine W.
Hoover   DM
Rosemary
RosemaryNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Good product

This is a great product except for the hose as if you get a blockage it is extremely hard to clear. I am actually going to have to buy a new hose as in trying to clear a blockage the hose head has been damaged. Show details
peter836
peter8362 posts

Overpriced, cheap quality

As with other reviews the hose kept popping out of the socket. This was mentioned to Godfreys during their regular check ups. They adjusted the lugs however didn't take long for the hose to come out again. For the past couple of years we've used duct tape to hold it in place. Fed up I went back to Godfreys to sort this out and they want me to pay $130 for an entire hose with handle as it's out of the 2 year warranty. Can't believe it's still being sold to customers with improvements to the design and build quality. Show details
Jen S.
Jen S.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC2 posts

Attention dog owners!

I am living in a rental which is predominantly carpeted (plush carpet) with my constantly shedding Labrador. My el cheapo stick vacuum cleaner just wasn't cutting it. I decided to invest in a decent vacuum cleaner and Godfreys recommended this one. Took it home and immediately used it. Judge the results for yourself. Show details ·  1