Hoover Allergy

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (7) · No (4)
  • Clogging Issues Yes (1) · No (10)
Tash

TashMoncrieff 2914, ACT

Best Vacuum I have ever bought!!

I have bought many other machines, this one by far exceeded my expectations. I bought the additional bagless attachment which proves how well this machine works. I am a clean freak and the dirt and dust this machine has gotten out of my carpets is fantastic. So happy with this purchase. Works well on carpets and tiles. Our carpets are really thick too.

Purchased in June 2020 at Godfreys for A$699.00.

TLS

TLSSydney, NSW

Great suction but lifespan is short

This product is absolutely amazing in terms of suction and works seamlessly from carpet to floor boards. With out first one the hose kept slipping out from the main body - the lock didn't seem to click in after a few months. We continued to use it although problematic - next the power head failed. We bought a second one but the head failed again after less than 2 years use - a great product like no other when it worked but the equipment life span is not reliable and is short particularly given the price.

Purchased for A$699.00.

Floor TypeCarpet and Wood
Dee Dee

Dee DeeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great suction but power head and handle rod socket keeps failing

Purchased at Godfreys Physical Stores.

Floor TypeCarpet, Tiles and Wood

Find out how Hoover Allergy compares to other Barrel Vacuum Cleaners

Love the suction, great for pet hairs

I love this machine it is great for cleaning carpet and the power head I love and being a pet owner it does a great job on hairs and odours, there are two things I’m not happy with, the cord is extremely short so I use an extension cord which is a pain and it is hard to recoil back in the machine and the other is it drives me mad I can’t vaccum under the beds as the head lifts as you manoeuvre it.

Purchased in August 2020 at Godfreys for A$799.00.

Regret buying this vacuum

I have only had this vacuum for six weeks bad design tube Handle rod and power head constantly block I spend more time pulling it apart than cleaning floors disappointed

Purchased in May 2020 at Godfreys Physical Stores for A$600.00.

Clogging IssuesYes
Godfrey G.Hoover

It's not as great as what you think - do your research

Purchased in January 2020 at Godfreys for A$750.00.

Floor TypeCarpet, Tiles and Wood

Powerful vacuum cleaner

Powerful vacuum cleaner that does a great job especially on carpets micro filter needs to be cleaned regularly. Saw that one lady washes it after every time she vacuums which is probably a good idea, as it blocks fairly quickly. But it is there two pick up fine dust which it does a great job of doing. We love our vacuum cleaner, It's great.

Aussie P.

Aussie P.

A really good bagless vacuum

Purchased in February 2020 for A$699.00.

Floor TypeCarpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood
Chloe

ChloeCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

The best $630 I have spent in a long time.Very happy!!!

I have 2 German shephards. The dog hair on my carpet comes off so easy with the Turbo button on the power head.
No more sore back.The vaccuming is actually enjoyable to do now.
Very happy, so glad i brought this product, i had to write a review for all pet owners with dog hair problems.

Purchased in August 2019 at Godfreys Physical Stores for A$630.00.

Marg

MargGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Filter needs cleaning every time it is used

Worse vacuum ever. The filter light comes on before finishing the house. Long strands of my daughter's hair winds around the rotating brush instead of going into the canister which then needs to be cut off. Returned it to Godfreys Nunawading who used another vacuum to clean the fiter then said it was fine. Do not buy. Head hard to get off sometimes.

Purchased in July 2018 at Godfreys nunawading for A$599.00.

Chantel

ChantelSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worth the investment if you have pets!

I have black carpet and a white cat plus 2 small children living at home, so this vaccum is paramount. We purchased specifically for the attachment head that spins and grabs any hair extremely effectively. After having cheaper brand vaccums that just drag dust and hair around, We couldn’t live without the Hoover Allergy.

Purchased in July 2018 for A$799.00.

Floor TypeCarpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood
Percy

PercyGeelong

Hoover allergy ,power head vacuum

Basically a great machine but when pulled along tends to tip over ...key is to keep filters clean An does great job...all the attachments are great ...would recommend one to anyone who has pets .found if you keep the thing clean An blow air filters out on regular basis works wonders

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Debnvic

DebnvicHervey Bay

Disappointed

The Hoover Allergy 7011PH has terrific suction, picks up far more than my Dyson barrel cleaner. It is however extremely heavy on the arm, difficult to manoeuvre and the hose consistently kinks. It has an additional filter attachment on the stick so you can see what's being collected but this attachment tends to tilt the handle between the hose and the stick making it harder to manoeuvre. Disappointed as I can't use it so I depend on hubby to do vacuuming.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Christine

ChristineMount Barker

Perfect

Multi heads to get in all places, renews carpet to look as new. the power head is easy to pull head appart to clean the brissles.. has lights on the power head which make it fantastic to see if there is any spots you have missed. great on carpet and good on tiles too. love it

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Occasional reviewer

Occasional reviewerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great for deep cleaning

Bought this after mine died. I thought my old one did a good job but then I whizzed this one around the house - especially carpet and rugs - and wow! After using it on my 'clean' carpet, the Hoover revealed just how powerful and effective is.

It comes with all the usual accessories that are great for furniture, the car, skirting boards etc.

The only drawback is that the powerhead doesn't tilt enough to get under beds and couches.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Rod

Rod

Works well

I've had this vacuum cleaner just over a year now and haven't had any problems with it.
The power head works very well, has adjustable height settings for different carpet. It picks up my cats hair easily. There's a cover which is easily removed to help get in to the brush for cleaning.
Both the power cord and vacuum hose are a good length.
Besides the power head and standard one, it comes with 5 other attachments including a couple of brushed heads.
Changing the bag is fairly standard, there are also a couple of filters before and after the motor as well that need cleaning every so often. Godfreys sold me a box of 20 bags of W2000 Wertheim's for $50 which fit fine and are still HEPA rated.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Jacqui

JacquiMarrickville

Power head snapped off after knocking furniture leg

3 years old and Hoover gave me the flick when I contacted them about getting the head repaired or replaced under warranty. I explained I understood the 2 year warranty was expired but that after paying so much money, as an Australian consumer I believe it is reasonable to expect more than this. He said go to Godfreys (who own Hoover Australia btw - a monopoly it seems!) to obtain a quote for repair.
We bought it for the powerhead as we already had a very good vacuum cleaner for our hard floors so it received very light use in our home
Lousy service - Fair Trading next stop I think.

Date PurchasedMar 2015
Kitten

KittenHunter Region, NSW

Love the powerhead!

I never realised how bad my previous bag less vacuum was until I got this. I absolutely love the power head on this vacuum. It virtually drives itself. Easy to manoeuvre. Plus the extra long cord leaves it easy for you to go from one room to another & not change power points. There are also lots of other attachment's for beds, lounges, etc.

Date PurchasedMay 2016
skiman

skimanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Powerful vacuum

Purchased from Godfreys, they did a great trade price for our old vacuum that had died. This vacuum has a motorised powerhead that makes it super easy and almost enjoyable to push around. Handy extendable neck, easy to maneuver. Great range of attachments, easy to keep clean and empty dirt and dust out. It is also endorsed by the National Asthma Council's Sensitive Choice program for it's superior filtration for people with allergies and Asthma.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Sam00

Sam00SYDNEY

Good product but expensive

Purchased this product recently moderately happy with the performance.
Being a bagged vacuum cleaner it is expensive to run and maintain.
The power head works well to lift the dirt from undet the carpet, without the powerhead the vacuum cleaner feels normal to me as of any other generic vacuum cleaners.
Had to purchase a dust collector attachment to save money on bags.
Heavy on hands to work and handle, not ideal to handle for elderly. Harder to manoeuvre in tight spots.
Please choose carefully, purchase this product only when certain. Godfrey's doesn't have change of mind policy even if the product is returned immediately (unopened).

Stu

Stuasked

Hoover Allergy

the motorised power head brush keeps stopping - restart it by turning the switch off then on again but will cut out again after a few seconds.

Hi Stu,
There may be a connection issuing the head, rod or hose.
We would recommend taking the machine into your nearest Godfreys store, with proof of purchase, for further inspection.

Judy M

Judy Masked

Allergy Bagless 7011PH

I cannot get the dust container to click back into place. I removed the lid of the dust container to clean properly. When I put the lid back on, lining up the arrow with the correct one of the three locking slots, the container sits back on the machine but will not click into place.

Hi Judy,
There may be an issue with the latch.
We would recommend taking the machine into your nearest Godfreys store for inspection and further assistance.

Ian L Flemington

Ian L Flemingtonasked

Allergy Bagged 7000PH

I bought a Hoover 7000PH 7 months ago. The power head was very difficult to push through our brand new med wool pile carpets in 3 bedrooms. Power head height was adjusted per manual. Also no pets. All lights started flashing until I reduced power to 50% at motor, reduced suction not very effective, but at least easy to push. Took unit to Godfreys Moonee Ponds for checking fixing with machine returned 2 weeks later without explanation. Machine still flashes all lights on motor unit unless turned down to 50% suction, and flimsy plastic wheel mount on power-head has just broken off in a 20cm fall whilst storing vacuum in broom cupboard. As a carer for my elderly parents, this product is not fit for sale. I ask Godfrey's to trade it for a basic Henry unit that is cheaper, simple and strong. Ian L, Flemington

Hi Ian,
We are sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your machine.
If the lights are flashing the motor is not getting enough air flow, this can be caused by a blockage or by having the suction on the wrong setting.
Please keep in mind that he suction setting does not have to be at 100% for efficient cleaning, it is recommended to have the suction set the the correct floor type indicated on the machine.
The machine can be booked in for further inspection or repairs through your nearest Godfreys store and a repair report is provided upon it's return.
The Hoover Team

Get an answer from our members and Hoover representatives

Compare both Hoover Allergy
CategoryBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum Cleaners
Price (RRP) A$699.00A$699.00
Bin Capacity1.75 L2.5 L
HEPA FilterYesYes
TypeBaglessBagged
Cord Length6 m10 m
Power1,600 W1,600 W
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
ManualDownload manualDownload manual