Hoover Allergy

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (7) · No (4)
  • Clogging Issues Yes (1) · No (10)
TashMoncrieff 2914, ACT

Best Vacuum I have ever bought!!

I have bought many other machines, this one by far exceeded my expectations. I bought the additional bagless attachment which proves how well this machine works. I am a clean freak and the dirt and dust this machine has gotten out of my carpets is fantastic. So happy with this purchase. Works well on carpets and tiles. Our carpets are really thick too.

Purchased in June 2020 at Godfreys for $699.00.

TLS
TLSSydney, NSW

Great suction but lifespan is short

This product is absolutely amazing in terms of suction and works seamlessly from carpet to floor boards. With out first one the hose kept slipping out from the main body - the lock didn't seem to click in after a few months. We continued to use it although problematic - next the power head failed. We bought a second one but the head failed again after less than 2 years use - a great product like no other when it worked but the equipment life span is not reliable and is short particularly given the price.

Purchased for $699.00.

Dee DeeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great suction but power head and handle rod socket keeps failing

Purchased at Godfreys Physical Stores.

Find out how Hoover Allergy compares to other Barrel Vacuum Cleaners

Love the suction, great for pet hairs

I love this machine it is great for cleaning carpet and the power head I love and being a pet owner it does a great job on hairs and odours, there are two things I’m not happy with, the cord is extremely short so I use an extension cord which is a pain and it is hard to recoil back in the machine and the other is it drives me mad I can’t vaccum under the beds as the head lifts as you manoeuvre it.

Purchased in August 2020 at Godfreys for $799.00.

Regret buying this vacuum

I have only had this vacuum for six weeks bad design tube Handle rod and power head constantly block I spend more time pulling it apart than cleaning floors disappointed

Purchased in May 2020 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $600.00.

Godfrey G.Hoover

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

It's not as great as what you think - do your research

Purchased in January 2020 at Godfreys for $750.00.

Powerful vacuum cleaner

Powerful vacuum cleaner that does a great job especially on carpets micro filter needs to be cleaned regularly. Saw that one lady washes it after every time she vacuums which is probably a good idea, as it blocks fairly quickly. But it is there two pick up fine dust which it does a great job of doing. We love our vacuum cleaner, It's great.

Aussie P.
Aussie P.

A really good bagless vacuum

Purchased in February 2020 for $699.00.

Chloe
ChloeCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

The best $630 I have spent in a long time.Very happy!!!

I have 2 German shephards. The dog hair on my carpet comes off so easy with the Turbo button on the power head.
No more sore back.The vaccuming is actually enjoyable to do now.
Very happy, so glad i brought this product, i had to write a review for all pet owners with dog hair problems.

Purchased in August 2019 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $630.00.

Marg
MargGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Filter needs cleaning every time it is used

Worse vacuum ever. The filter light comes on before finishing the house. Long strands of my daughter's hair winds around the rotating brush instead of going into the canister which then needs to be cut off. Returned it to Godfreys Nunawading who used another vacuum to clean the fiter then said it was fine. Do not buy. Head hard to get off sometimes.

Purchased in July 2018 at Godfreys nunawading for $599.00.

Chantel
ChantelSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worth the investment if you have pets!

I have black carpet and a white cat plus 2 small children living at home, so this vaccum is paramount. We purchased specifically for the attachment head that spins and grabs any hair extremely effectively. After having cheaper brand vaccums that just drag dust and hair around, We couldn’t live without the Hoover Allergy.

Purchased in July 2018 for $799.00.

Percy
PercyGeelong

Hoover allergy ,power head vacuum

Basically a great machine but when pulled along tends to tip over ...key is to keep filters clean An does great job...all the attachments are great ...would recommend one to anyone who has pets .found if you keep the thing clean An blow air filters out on regular basis works wonders

Date PurchasedJune 2018
Debnvic
DebnvicHervey Bay

Disappointed

The Hoover Allergy 7011PH has terrific suction, picks up far more than my Dyson barrel cleaner. It is however extremely heavy on the arm, difficult to manoeuvre and the hose consistently kinks. It has an additional filter attachment on the stick so you can see what's being collected but this attachment tends to tilt the handle between the hose and the stick making it harder to manoeuvre. Disappointed as I can't use it so I depend on hubby to do vacuuming.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Christine
ChristineMount Barker

Perfect

Multi heads to get in all places, renews carpet to look as new. the power head is easy to pull head appart to clean the brissles.. has lights on the power head which make it fantastic to see if there is any spots you have missed. great on carpet and good on tiles too. love it

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Occasional reviewer
Occasional reviewerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great for deep cleaning

Bought this after mine died. I thought my old one did a good job but then I whizzed this one around the house - especially carpet and rugs - and wow! After using it on my 'clean' carpet, the Hoover revealed just how powerful and effective is.

It comes with all the usual accessories that are great for furniture, the car, skirting boards etc.

The only drawback is that the powerhead doesn't tilt enough to get under beds and couches.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Cyrusasked
Allergy

It has started with a very very loud noise!!! No blockage. What's the reason?
Maybe the motor or something else?
Also how to disassemble the unit in case there is no luck to fix it? I would like to see inside.
It is a bagless allergy unit. It's just 2 years old. Don't tell me it's the time to replace it as I paid over
$600.00 for it.

Hi Cyrus,
We are sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your machine.
We would recommend taking the machine into your nearest Godfreys store, with proof of purchase, to be booked in for further inspection.

Cyrus

Hi, do they charge for inspection?

Hi Cyrus,
If the machine is within the 2 year warranty period there will be no charge.

Toni L.asked
Allergy

The handle of my Hoover Allergy 7011PH vacuum cleaners has snapped after 4 years. It is obvious it is a design problem as the weight of the motorised head and stick are way too heavy for the thin plastic end of the hose connection. Replacement is available on order with no guarantee of delivery date ( at least weeks). Am so disappointed as the vacuum was expensive and never thought the parts would just break like this. As part is around $100 not sure if to just go for something else or replace hose as it is a good vacuum cleaner with just a design issue.

Dee Dee

Hi Toni, I don’t like to be cynical but honestly, I’m convinced that vacuum cleaners are a huge rip off and are made with cheap materials that just don’t go the distance. I’ve had ongoing issues with this vacuum - especially with the power head which I’ve replaced once and now the plastic bit that holds it on has snapped. The rods and other bits are covered in tape to hold things together. I remember having an Electrolux vac years ago that just never gave up. I think I had it for about 18 years and then the hardworking motor finally died. Since then I’ve gone through lots of them and they’ve only lasted a relatively short time before things start to break. Very disappointed in this vac as the suction is wonderful but what good is that when the rest of the machine falls apart? Don’t know what to advise you as it’s all hit and miss with vacs as far as I’m concerned.

Hi Toni,
We are sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with the handle on the hose.
Unfortunately the replacement hoses for this machine are currently out of stock with more dur to arrive start-mid May.
Part Number: 31220477
Price: $89
The replacement hoses can be ordered through your nearest Godfreys store or over the phone with us by calling 1300 360 845.

Toni L.

Thanks Dee Dee... There just doesn't seem to be the quality in most things now.

Libbyasked
Allergy

lights flashing and reduced suction and loud sound

Dee Dee

Something stuck in the pipe?

Libby

Thanks, there is nothing in the hard pipe, but I cannot see inside the soft hose due to the grey parts at the end and I cannot take them off. What could I feed inside the soft hose to clear any blockages?

Tash

Heya - is the bag full? This has happened to me once and I think it was the full bag and I needed to replace it.

Get an answer from our members and Hoover representatives

Hoover Allergy

HEPA FilterYesYes
TypeBaglessBagged
Cord Length6 m10 m
Power1,600 W1,600 W
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
ManualDownload manualDownload manual