Hoover Eco Pets Turbo ZW1427

Hoover Eco Pets Turbo ZW1427

good vac

needed a new vacume good budget vac does job well on timber ,though it is a shame hoover has gone back to turbo head older models had the electric head better ,staff at shop and the shop is fantastic well done

Purchased in February 2019 at Godfreys for $98.00.

Noise Level
Product is used: Several times a week
Pet OwnerYes
Floor Type Wood
Clogging Issues No

Quieter than I thought

We purchased this as a "stop gap" cleaner whilst we saved for a new Dyson as we already have the Dyson stick and love it so we were going to buy a new Dyson but our other full cleaner died.

This was on sale for $99 at Godfreys' so we thought as it had a HEPA filter we thought it worth trying.

We have found it excellent for both carpets and tiled areas. Very effective at collecting the dirt that gets walked in including sand and pet hair. The adjustable suction control to reduce power when doing tiles areas is an advantage. I did note one person commented on lack of suction maybe they should check where theirs is set at. Filter is easy to clean and clearly visible when it starts getting full.

The best part was the shock of how quite is was compared to our previous cleaner (not a Dyson by the way) I'm not saying its quiet but it is compared to our previous one.

We were so pleased we purchased one for our daughter who had just moved into her new home and the dust from the surrounding new development was everywhere. Her previous one simply did not get all the fine dirt up.

She needed one with a HEPA filter due to family allergies. She is also very happy with its performance and noise level mentioning how stunned she was at the amount of dirt it picked up only a day after she had done a complete vacuum with her previous one.

I believe it was a bargain at $99 but if I was aware of how good it was I may have been willing to pay full price compared to what other brands cost with a HEPA filter.

On another point we live rural residential and the fixed price of $7 delivery was a HUGE bonus as we're approx 80 km from nearest shopping centre.

Purchased in January 2019 at Godfreys on line for $99.00.

Noise Level
Product is used: Weekly
Pet OwnerYes
Floor Type Carpet and Tiles
Clogging Issues No

Great for the price

For the price, it is a good buy.
When first bought, I did think it would have a stronger suction but whilst still very good, I do find I have to go over some spots a few times to pick something up.
It's very quiet compared to many other vacuums and light weight also.
Haven't really had a problem with this vacuum tipping over. Glides quiet well on both carpet and floorboards.

I love this vacuum!

This is a great vacuum.
I got the Hoover Eco Pet for $99 in the after Christmas sales and I could not be more pleased.
It’s powerful, light weight and bagless, what more could you want?
The turbo carpet attachment is absolutely amazing, I can’t believe how well it worked on my floors!

Good value for $99

Good value for being on sale for $99, wouldnt pay the retail of $299 though. Wish the suction was a bit stronger, but overall did a pretty good job! Pulled plenty of cat and dog hair out of the carpet as well as plenty of dust and dirt. Fairly light to move around.

Don’t waste your money

We bought this vacuum cleaner a year ago and have had nothing but trouble with it. From the turbo head not spinning to loss of suction. Waste of money. I spend ages trying to pick up fluff from the carpet as the suction is so poor and it just pushes the fluff around the carpet.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Great so far!

We paid $250 for this vacuume at godfreys about a week ago. I absolutely love the turbo head on it, it’s gets everything up off of the carpet floors with ease. For smaller areas and corners I can use the attatchements. Love the colour and design too, great vacuume would recommend. (Better than the Dyson that I paid $400 for!)

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Amazing for the price

I have been renovating my house and needed a cheap vacuum cleaner to pick up sanding dust, nails, bits of plaster etc... Godfreys had this cleaner on sale for $99.00 so I thought bagless, small, if it lasts a couple of months I'll be happy. This little beauty has handled everything I've thrown at it. When its choked with sanding dust, I clean out the filters, then (and I don't recommend doing this) wash the filters with a hose and let them dry before putting them back together. Start it up, and away we go again just like new. The attachments are no Miele, but hey you aren't paying $500+ either and this Hoover is a Trojan that just won't die. If you want a bagless solid performer that just keeps on going then this Hoover is the way to go.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Has saved us from drowning in fur

None of our past vacuums have been able to live up to the life of a very fluffy free roaming rabbit and a constantly moulting black lab. This vacuum completely gets rid of ALL hair, is easy to clean and so powerful! We bought it on sale and weren't sure it would work, but it has far surpassed the standard we were hoping for

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Not bad!

I only ever purchased cheap vacuums previously ($50-ish), and decided to get this on sale for 99. I don't own pets, but have very long hair (below hip length).

Powerful vacuum, doesn't make the air dusty, great because previous vacuums used to make me sneeze. I'm thinking it's the HEPA filter, which is the major decision behind choosing it.
I use this every 1 or 2 weeks to do my 2 bed apartment depending if I'm in town that week or not. I never used a vacuum with a clear dust compartment, but it fills up a third to half way with dust and fine debris which I think is a good factor for design!

Doesn't come with suction power adjustment unfortunately so tricky to do rugs. My vacuum also makes an obnoxious sound screaming piglet sound for 60% of the time I use it, which irritates housemates.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Don't waste your money

Doesn't pick up the hair at all even with the turbo head - still heaps of dog hair on the carpet and end up vacuuming at least 3 times a week to keep on top of hair buildup ( I only have 2 dogs that come inside at night). Feels very "plasticy" and not very robust. Power cord is too short- can barely do one room without having to change power points. Difficult to push around and change attachments. Certainly not worth $300. Can't wait till it breaks.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Great value for the price

The suction is awesome especially on mats and that's with a Husky who sheds lots. The turbo head is great too and it is not a noisy machine. It is easy to clean. The only downside is the hose is quite short and there is nowhere to attach the attachments. I use an extension cord as the cord is quite short

Date PurchasedJan 2018

It Sucks good

We just recently got this vacuum for Christmas and we absolutely love it, its really light and easy to move around. The suction is fantastic considering it's not overly loud it comes with different head attachments for different floor types. We do love it but the only two things I think are worth mentioning is one the cord isn't extremely long, I'm comparing it to our old vacuum which was around 15+ years old and that had a decent length cord and two because of the toothbrush like head long hair gets trapped and after a few runs you need to manually clean it out. But it's still great

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Eco pets vacuum cleaner

Overall I can't complain about the overall quality of this vaccuum ,you get what you pay for and I couldn't afford a new Dyson vacuum cleaner at that time(previous Dyson vacuum died after 10 long hard years of use)I only went to buy a $99.00 on sale cleaner with a $1.00 steam mop with that model until the sales an showed the poor performance of it and needed bags..I decided to buy anyway until the sales guy told me there was a2 day wait due to outta stock..I decided not to get that oneas I urgently needed one asap as I have several kids and a couple of cats...carpet,lino and a few expensive shaggy rugs...I looked at the ones up to $199.double the budget but nothing else was what I was after ..I spotted this Hoover eco pets cleaner and explained that this was perfect and then was told the cost!! $479 and no $1.00 steam mop either..I didn't have that kinds spare money and said I would have to go somewhere else to get a vacuum cleaner...as I was leaving the sales man asked me if I would pay $250 and I could take one then ..also an extra2 year warranty included..I only had cash for bills and food etc,but after he plugged it in at a great speed ,I was totally sold and paid for it and 10 minutes later walked out $250 poorer..the turbo plus brush is great for picking up pet hair and my hair as well in the first go and no more than twice...it sounds a bit strange compared to other vaccs and when using the turbo plus brush it sounds very different....it's suction over all is good and the only thing I don't like is the storage hook for the metal rod is worth less and my biggest perv is the colour of it..white is the worst color they could of made it...to hard to keep clean..

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Good suction and easy to use

I recommend this vacuum for people with kids in the house. Its easy to use and clean. It take all dirt from the carpet and floor.
I clean two rooms, the big carpetted sitting area, kitch and laundry floors. The bag is so easy to clean , you literally push the button all the rubbish come out. I just wash the cleaning bag after 3 mths so itz easy maintenance.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Good Vacuum for the House

I have been very happy with this vacuum for our house. It is easy to use, clean and store. We don't have any pets, but we have not had any problem with the vacuum not picking things up off the floor. The only thing I dislike is the short power cable.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

For pets?

I recently purchased this vacuum cleaner since I own a cat.
I attached the turbo head ans proceeded tp vacuum my cat. The spinning brush did not massage my cat as I expectd it would. Instead, it provoked and angered my cat turning it into a hissing, scratching whirlwind of death.
I believe that the name of this machine is slightly misleading.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Great for the car

Got this for the house, but the short power cable made it annoying to use. So now its used in the garage to vac the car. The suction is fantastic to get dirt, grass and sand out of carpet mats..something the Dyson handle just can't so. So, while disappointed original, am now happy with its ability to keep the car clean

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Perfect for floor boards

Perfect for cleaning both carpets and floor boards. Strong suction and an easy to empty barrel. Love that it doesn't have a bag so is easy to empty and clean.
Light to maneuver and with good attachments. The only negative is that the cord isn't quite long enough to give good reach in a medium sized room so I need to use an extension cord.
A very good appliance from a trusted brand.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Great vacuum cleaner easy to use easy to clean

I have mostly tiles and wood with a couple of wool rugs and a dog and cat who drop a fair amount of hair. Great product and easy to clean. Good suction and with the turbo head added it's excellent for the rugs picking up all animal hair. Easy to store.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

What filters do I need to replace? My vacuum has a bad odour and I feel the filters are due to be changed!
Hey there, One of the things I was told in the shop was that the HEPA filters are washable - don't need to purchase a replacement. I haven't needed to wash mine yet. The filter is the green rectangle with 4 mesh squares. Not sure if links work on this site but there's a pic of it here: http://www.hoover.com.au/hoover-eco-pets-turbo-bagless-vacuum-cleaner Hopefully that it's just the filter that's the cause of the smell, since it should be the easiest part to take care of!An update, I had to wash it a few weeks ago. There is a transparent clip that you hook. This unlatches the top part. You remove the green plastic discs, and inside there is a grey sponge (removable) and white filter (non-removable). All of this can be rinsed with water and mild washing detergent to get rid of the dust, hair and oil from the hair. I left it to dry over a couple days because the weather is pretty cool here and I wanted to make sure it was fully dry before reinserting and risking a mould problem.

Does this cleaner come with different head attachments for hard floors and carpets?
YES it comes with attachments for hard floor and carpet.Yes it does.Ditto

How often do the filters need to be cleaned?
More than the person that wrote that bad review thats for sure. With any bagless machine the more you clean it the better the suction and the longer it will last. They often have multiple filters that a lot of people miss. On this machine there is one at the top of the bagless canister that needs washing i'd recommend at least once a month. the back filter needs replacing about once a year.

Eco Pets Turbo ZW1427