Hotels.com

Hotels.com

Brand Manager for Hotels.com? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Trip Completed Yes (44) · No (64)
  • Ease of Booking

Tabitha
TabithaSydney, NSW

I wanted to give a zero but has to give a one

This is one of the worst companies I have ever dealt with . 5 days and I still don’t have a resolution from their clerical error and it’s a 48 hour wait for a supervisor to call back.

Ands
AndsGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Abit disapointed been a member for over 10 years.

hotels.com double booked our accommodatio. Called their so called xustomer service 6 times, on hold for at least 4 hours at a friends wedding reception and have been hung up on several times. Ruined my night and that of the 7 others staying. Still no accommodation and no asistance. Stranded in the Yarra Valley in a car for the night with a few other couples. Been a gold and silver member with them for 10 years but it means nothing other than a $75 dollar compensation.

chris V.
chris V.Sydney, NSW

BIGGEST SCAM

Booked a holiday and they deducted funds Immediately.
Tried cancelling over the net and email no success. Then when 1 confirmation email of itenary is recieved I tried again. Then it allowed me to cancel and they mentioned no refund.
Its all pre organised to trap you

ljctchoy
ljctchoySydney, NSW

Seriously!? Are you people on a different planet???

Shimmy
ShimmyMelbourne

This company’s incompetence is beyond imagination! Avoid at all costs!

deniseanne
deniseanneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Confusing and doesn’t offer the best price

Daphne
DaphneVictoria

Had to Cancel due to Major Weather Event and no Follow-Ups after 5 phone calls

ARC
ARCHunter Region, NSW

Disappointed with lack of help

Long-standing customer. I recently retired so I could not access old email/phone for password reset (I had forgotten my password). Could not change password. Sent an online enquiry and they said to sign in and reset password, even though I said I could no longer sign in! Hard to contact by phone, and when I did they would not help even though I could provide them with an old confirmation number and my old email/telephone numbers. Lost one free night and about 7 credits toward a second free night. Will not be back.

Deezie
DeezieMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Worst booking agent I’ve ever dealt with!

Katelin
Katelin

Wish I could if them no stars - misleading and deceptive conduct in business

Sharon
SharonCanberra 2600, ACT

Hotels.com took my money due to Covid

Booked my family trip with Hotels.com and it was cancelled due to covid. Hotels.com was great and issued me with a credit voucher. Used the Hotels.com credit voucher to rebook my trip which was cancelled again due to covid. This time, Hotels.com advised that they can not issue a credit voucher as the credit voucher can only be used once. Hotels.com took my money when my family trip was cancelled due to Covid. Now I have to save again for the next family holiday. The consultant Varsha hung up on me. I am a silver membership though will never use Hotels.com again.

Chris
ChrisGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Poor frustrating service

RJS
RJSPerth, WA

Awful, avoid

Have used for a long time as a loyal customer. Tried to call customer services due to over billing by a couple of hundred dollars. It’s impossible to get hold of anyone to answer a call in person and consequently get a refund. There is only an automated system that seems designed to try and make it impossible to actually get through and keeps automatically hanging up. Really disappointing service, won’t be using again.

榮勳 練.
榮勳 練.South East Queensland, QLD

Hotels.com made mistake and played deaf

Holding our money, agreed to a refund in writing and now refusing.

Out Smarted!
Out Smarted!asked

Traveller,
We along with friends had booked into “Hotel Prama Sanur Beach Hotel” for
May 2020 same dates, same package, no difference in the booking.
Our friends got refunded in full and very quickly.......!!

We on the other hand write, phone, you speak to someone and it’s like a recording ( maybe it is) and having paid our account in July 2019 we are still
Waiting for our money!!

Surely, with so many receiving nothing from this obviously orchestrated lot,
Their must be a government body who will take this onboard?

Out Smarted!
Out Smarted!asked

Two Questions:-

(1) is their a governing body who looks at the way “ Hotels.Com” are behaving..... I will rephrase that “ How they are NOT behaving “ are they contactable? Can they be of help?

(2) My latest email to HOTELS.Com”has just come back stating they can no
longer be contacted online (!!!!!) and will have to be contacted by phone.
Anybody have any contact points for this band of Cowboys?

Traveller
Travellerasked

Has anyone been successful in recovering money?

Lyndyloo28
Lyndyloo28

I'm not sure. It doesn't appear to be the case when I've read through the reviews on this site. I wish I had read them before I booked through Hotels.com. They weren't even prepared to let me send them the documentation I have which shows that I paid AUD and USD. They were very unreasonable and unhelpful. They certainly have not refunded me the difference. And other reviews I have read, the writer has stated that they have been told they will refund them their money, but they don't appear to honour that either.

Nic
Nic

Hi Traveller. Yes I was. It took three weeks to get the refund and I had no other money to book another hotel and I was just about to leave for Bali. I was caught out too by being charged in USD instead of AUD. I tried to get my money back from them and then they kept trying to palm me off to the hotel in Bali to get the refund. I kept on e-mailing the hotel in Bali. One minute they said my booking and they would refund me. The refund never came through and then I would call the hotel but they didn't seem to understand what I was saying. So I went through the travel ombudsman au and finally got a refund. I would encourage everyone to write bad reviews for them all over the internet and report them to ombudsman and scam alert pages. It is absolutely illegal to charge someone for a service and then not receive the service in return. Basically if I hadn't have tried to get a refund because I didn't know I was charged in USD I would've arrived in Bali with no hotel booking and no extra spending money to book a hotel. It's not fair to put someone through all that stress who is cash strapped already and then have them wait three weeks for a refund. I will never ever book through them again!!!! SCAMERS. This site needs to be shut down immediately. You should see on www.ripoffreport.com how many ppl they have scammed money out of.

Geeg
Geeg

You will have no chance with Price Match Guarantee. They make it virtually impossible to lodge and claim and when this is done,they duck and weave and refuse to honour the PMG.