HSBC

See the Best Banks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Will NEVER use HSBC

Harry

HarrySydney, NSW

TERRIBLE - Would not recommend to anyone

I tried to apply for a HSBC credit card. The online application process was torture as it went around in circles asking for the same documents to be scanned in more than once. It was difficult to follow. And, after going through this terrible process and waiting over 2 weeks, it took ME to call them to find out the status of the application only to find out it was declined. Not sure when they planned on telling me.
Plus, they couldn't give me ANY word as to why it was declined. I applied for 2 other credit cards with major Australian banks and was approved within 4 business days for both. Horrible customer service and procedures. Would never deal with them again.

tonyv

tonyvSydney, NSW

Worst experience

I joined this bank to get their global card when travelling overseas. I've never experienced such a complex online security system in my life. Dont get me wrong, ive got nothing against online security but the HSBC login, transfer money process is a joke. It is too complex and takes too long. I mean, logging on, generating the secure keys based on what transaction your performing etc. I do internet banking with ANZ and its easy to use

TopicGeneral Transactions and New Account
Rachel J.

Rachel J.South East Queensland, QLD

horrible to deal with- blocking cards no reasons

realbuyer

realbuyerWestern Australia

pretty hard to make payments online

they block payments like no tomorrow so it's no user friendly, you have to call them to ask them to remove the restriction each time. pretty annoying I mean seriously they even block Facebook

Che

Che

Pathetic

Applied for CC got conditionally approved and next day their customer rep made a call to verify and he just stupidly converted out home mortgage to Philippine peso just because he is based in Philippines! What a shame!!! after asking me for Billing statement declined my application! it is so pathetic why would you hire for customer rep based offshore and would convert the money to other currency?!?! Hsbc time to move your customer rep back to Australia!!!

RSS

RSSSydney, NSW

Terrible App and unreasonable staff

TopicCredit Card Application and General Transactions

corinne L.

corinne L.South East Queensland, QLD

Terrible mobile banking app

I moved our home loan to HSBC about a year ago because they were offering a great rate and the loan suited our needs. We also moved the rest of our banking. No issues with the loan so far but I’m seriously considering moving all our business elsewhere because the mobile app is so shocking. Is this really a global bank with such a terrible app experience? I have no patience for it and would rather move all our banking than have to deal with the frustration caused by this primitive app.

Apricot

Find another bank

Disappointing

DisappointingSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Poor Experience Opening Saving Account

Very poor experience during opening an account online. The number of questions and type of questions is pretty "impressive", for example, I was opening a SAVING Account and the question was what would you use the account for? Well, let me think before I will give you an answer. Dear HSBC, opening an account in the 21st century using modern technology should take no more than 5 minutes!!

Tracey. NT

Tracey. NTGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrible customer service!

Called to have a card close as I haven’t used it for over 7 years. They ID me, in the end they said they couldn’t closed the card, asked me to go into a branch ( the closest one to me is 30mins away).

RRR_10

RRR_10Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Terrible Customer Experience

Just signed up for their everyday global account as they offer an $100 bonus and 2% cash back on paywave subject to certain conditions, which is great.
The app is terrible. Extremely Slow, looks super ancient and I've found it to be buggy. The set of security questions, passcodes and passwords required to get the account fully working is nothing short of ridiculous.

Andrew T

Andrew TGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst bank in the Western World - I'm dead serious

TopicATM Experience, Business Banking, Credit Card Application, General Transactions, Loan Application and New Account

Steve PSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst Bank I have Ever Dealt With

No Customer Service. Never Send Statements. Useless Call centre in the Philippines. No One ever returns calls. A complete waste of time. Glad I have moved away from HSBC. Now persuing legal action for damages.

TopicCredit Card Application and General Transactions
Ange

AngeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible

Took 4mths to resolve an extremely obvious & significant fraud charge on my credit card. Throughout the process I was constantly harassed by their CS team re late payments but had been told not to pay any additional payments on the additional charges. I was also charged interest, & late fees and every time I asked they said they looking into it. Matter only got resolved after I made a complaint to the Banking Ombudsman. Stay clear of them!!

Sam G.

Sam G.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

DON’T WASTE YOUR TIME

Absolutely the worst company to deal with. I could of got a home loan sorted in the time frame it took to approve a credit card. Over 2 months wait to just get a update on the status of my application.

Hossein

HosseinGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Home loan

I switched to HSBC as the home loan process was so fast and smooth, Thanks to Mortgage choice (hoppers crossing) , my home loan refinance was hassle free and saved me a lot.
Very happy with their product and serivces

TopicGeneral Transactions, Loan Application and New Account

homealoneCanberra 2600, ACT

Horrible customer service towards new customer who wants to open an account

homealone

We went to ubank instead, 5mins online application, 10 mins in post office to verify the identity, the next day ubank account is fully operational! What a shame, HSBC!

berzy

berzy

disgraceful customer service

Wish i had read these reviews before i joined HSBC they are all true. presently waiting for a complaint
to be addressed and its impossible to speak to someone who can help. Two weeks now and just
received an email to say sorry another ten business days. The customer service is dire. You have been warned stay clear of this bank.

TopicGeneral Transactions and New Account