HSBC

See the Best Banks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Harleigh

HarleighGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Destroying my life

Absolutely terrible customer service they have not cleared a credit default from 2017 which was I.d fraud it is now November 2019 and now I cannot get finance for a new car(old car is a write off) for my business which supports my wife and 2 boys. Thanks HSBC for destroying a family.

TopicLoan Application

MICHAEL C.

MICHAEL C.South East Queensland, QLD

Is HSBC Ethical

After doing the online segment to up load my bank detail using my account number and password, I was approached by my banking institution in regards to fraud and had it explained that it is not ethical or legal this segment of the loan prosses, and all correspondence must be done by email. I asked HSBC was my information safe but did not get clarity with the response.

TopicLoan Application
Martin

MartinSydney, NSW

Poor customer service, not interested in being accomodating to customers

Poor customer service, not interested in being accomodating to customers. The customer service team were not keen to accomodate my basic request so as a result I am going to move banks

TopicBusiness Banking
Gulia

GuliaSydney, NSW

Attitude

Bondi branch surprised me, they really no need your money. Iolanda who supposed to assist me with advice and help to open account was arrogant and not chatty at all. As the result I walked away and went to the other bank. This bank should hire more professionals.

Judy

JudyAU

Disappointing and frustrating experience

chris

chrisSouth East Queensland, QLD

Useless mobile APP

It doesn't work. Can't login. Tells me I have no internet connection. Clunky menus. I'm over it. Just use it as a savings account so I am not too bothered.

dankev1

dankev1Perth, WA

Just as Bad as the Big 4

HSBC used to have pretty good investment rates. Just noticed today (12/11/2019) they have reduced my Flexi Saver rate by a further .15%. This after reducing the investment by last month's full .25% RBA rate reduction which was done 2 days prior to them affording mortgage customers only a partial rate reduction. So they cashed in on a full .25% bonus for several days.
Just another greedy, uncaring bank!!!!!
You may as well stick to an Aussie Bank.

HappyChappy

HappyChappy

HSBC won't cancel my HSBC credit card.

We have attempted to cancel our HSBC credit card for 4 months. We made sure we paid the full balance after checking the balance with the bank. We cancelled online and over the phone and were advised each time the card was cancelled, and yet later we still received advice a new card would be issued, and then received additional charges for late and annual fees. We have lost count the number of request we have made to cancel this card. Appalling service HSBC.

Do not bank with HSBC

I have accounts with CBA , NAB and HSBC. HSBC is the worst in everything. Online banking is crap, customer service does not know anything same as the branch staff. When you talk to the branch staff they looked at you seem to be lost.

Disgrace

Don't get within 10ft

Most incompetent bank I have ever come across. I was send a letter to register for online banking. Try to do it online and an error message came out asking me to go into a branch. I was asked to jump through hoops and loops for 50mins in the branch. The front office staff have to get a 6-digit code from HQ. Put to hang on while I waited. Next minute I was told to speak to the person on the line. Pass to a recorded message to enter some details which I did correctly but was told not. And then was told to hang on further while the call is pass back to an officer. I gave up and just walked out of the bank.

Roy

RoyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible online banking services. online website problems with inefficient overseas operators. Not recommended

2 years with this bank, unreliable at most, customer service is inefficient and unreliable. Online banking always has issues regardless of any computers/browsers you use. Rude operators overseas. Very frustrating

Michael

MichaelGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

HSBC used to be good, but now no different to big 4. home loan rates a disgrace

We currently have a home loan rate of 3.30% although they currently advertise a lower rate for only NEW customers. What a way to treat your existing client base by refusing to drop the rate to be at the same level. We asked HSBC Senior Premier Relationship Manager to review this and he flatly refused .Although very quick to offer a discharge request if needed, Have a look at yourself HSBC you will only survive with a loyal customer base who you seem to show the finger .

Worst Experience Ever - Complete Waste Of Time - 1 Start is 1 Star Too Many

Asked to Close Account and said they had to phone me back to complete, I hesitantly did so, and found out they didn't close the account, So much hard work for them action with pity excuses, even posted letter twice had no effect, NEVER USE THIS COMPANY EVER BAD BAD BAD

Never got back to me

My partner and I applied for a joint bank account. We filled out the online application. Waited two weeks and hadnt heard anything. Sent an email stating our situation and asking how our application was going. Its now been five weeks and still no response. Needless to say we have joined up to another bank.

Will NEVER use HSBC

Harry

HarrySydney, NSW

TERRIBLE - Would not recommend to anyone

I tried to apply for a HSBC credit card. The online application process was torture as it went around in circles asking for the same documents to be scanned in more than once. It was difficult to follow. And, after going through this terrible process and waiting over 2 weeks, it took ME to call them to find out the status of the application only to find out it was declined. Not sure when they planned on telling me.
Plus, they couldn't give me ANY word as to why it was declined. I applied for 2 other credit cards with major Australian banks and was approved within 4 business days for both. Horrible customer service and procedures. Would never deal with them again.

tonyv

tonyvSydney, NSW

Worst experience

I joined this bank to get their global card when travelling overseas. I've never experienced such a complex online security system in my life. Dont get me wrong, ive got nothing against online security but the HSBC login, transfer money process is a joke. It is too complex and takes too long. I mean, logging on, generating the secure keys based on what transaction your performing etc. I do internet banking with ANZ and its easy to use

TopicGeneral Transactions and New Account

Rachel J.

Rachel J.South East Queensland, QLD

horrible to deal with- blocking cards no reasons

realbuyer

realbuyerWestern Australia

pretty hard to make payments online

they block payments like no tomorrow so it's no user friendly, you have to call them to ask them to remove the restriction each time. pretty annoying I mean seriously they even block Facebook

Che

Che

Pathetic

Applied for CC got conditionally approved and next day their customer rep made a call to verify and he just stupidly converted out home mortgage to Philippine peso just because he is based in Philippines! What a shame!!! after asking me for Billing statement declined my application! it is so pathetic why would you hire for customer rep based offshore and would convert the money to other currency?!?! Hsbc time to move your customer rep back to Australia!!!

Ame

Ameasked

I was trying to open a trust account, first of all the forms have difficulty downloading and displaying. After we completed the cumbersome forms my partner and I went to the HSBC Randwick branch with the trust account forms yesterday and felt that the representative Miadad was acting more like a police officer than a bank representative, the final straw was when he subsequently asked me what the purpose of the trust account was as I was advised by my lawyer about all the legal structures that is needed and cannot necessarily remember by heart I showed him a page highlighting a sentence which summaries the purpose of the account. He then said I am asking you a question and you are showing me this thing instead of answering me, I then replied I am answering you but pointing to you this highlighted sentence, he then said cant you speak English ? This response was extremely rude, condescending and unwarranted. My partner tried to escalate to the manager but he simply sided with him and was no help. In my partners anger he said he should not work here and go back instead which I agreed was not appropriate and the manager Hugo seized the opportunity to ask us out. Besides the bad experience it was also a complete waste of time filling in the forms that are not easy. We went to CBA and the lady took us through the process instead of handing us a bunch of forms and questioned us subsequently about this and that. Much easier and way more pleasant.

David G

David Gasked

I have just opened an account and then I read the reviews. I am now thinking twice about transferring some money. What ia the bank going to do to address these issues?

Steve P
Steve P

The bank does nothing.
Once it has your account that's all that matters.
No customer service from that point on.

fred f
fred f

Nothing because people just use this site only to ‘keyboard complain’ rather than contacting the bank directly to address their issues.

ben dover
ben dover

Ask the bank but my guess is NOTHING

Politeness

Politenessasked

Is HSBC the worlds global bank
Or
is it the worlds rudest bank?

Joe1959
Joe1959

Definitely the rudest and there are so many better choices out there. From now on I am sticking with the NAB.

Mink
Mink

The rudest, most inefficient, expensive and most difficult to deal with - and coming from an ex employee. Stick with the local banks with efficient processes and appropriate resources located within Australia.

Ex HSBC
Ex HSBC

Rude, costly and incompetent. Hugely frustrating to deal with. A bank getting worse and being left behind.

Get an answer from our members and HSBC representatives