Jikson

Jikson

Terrible Online banking Experience

I have recently applied for a mortgage with HSBC with good credit history and reasonable financial background. They have randomly asked more documents every now for about 3 months. I have submitted nearly 80 documents, continued asking the same documents again and again even after signing all the contracts. They have wasted my 3 months of time and efforts, Terrible banking experience with these people. Please stay away from them.

TopicLoan Application

The worst damn bank in Australia

Foruhar

ForuharGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

An unpleasant expereince with the most intruding banking system

I tried to open an account with this bank for day-to-day activities. They were asked me hundred of questions about my financial life. They are unbelievably intruding on my personal private life. I believe a banking system that so suspicious about the detailed private life of their customers is not trustworthy.

TopicNew Account

Very bad banking service

Recently my wife applied platinum credit card, we give all documents which they asked online with application. After week they emailed asking more documents one by one in different emails. Not recommend this bank, even their customers service is very bad. Not recommended.

TopicCredit Card Application
Kath

KathAustralia

Unsure how this bank can operate legally in Australia

Unsure how HSBC retains any customers. The entire experience has been difficult, trying to leave the bank proves to be virtually impossible. The amount errors is unimaginable and the way they treat "premium customers" is appalling.

They move money around without permission, do not respond to queries or complaints, are extremely rude. Unable to comprehend how they operate legally in Australia. Shocking bank, terribly rude banking personnel, horrible, STAY AWAY! Not even worth it if they have lower rates, terrible, terrible, terrible.

Dave

DaveSouth East Queensland, QLD

SCAMMERS! Disgusting excuse for a financial institution. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

Online credit card application asking for internet banking user ID and password. Absolute scamming organisation. Avoid at all costs. All personal information collected then application declined with HSBC refusing to disclose the reason why with absolutely no reason to decline finance.

Jeremy S.

Jeremy S.Sydney, NSW

Unethical bank I’m taking to Australian regulator

I once had a credit card with HSBC and many years ago I paid the card off and as it seems overpaid by $350 around 10yrs ago. Since 2014 till 2020, hsbc took their payment for fees each year and reduced the balance down to zero, then in their unethical wisdom, made sure to bill me for overdue fees since they must have an account fee for nothing and now placed default against my credit record. Don’t ever use this bank

David Martin

David Martin

AVOID!!!!!!!!!!! Terrible customer service, incompetent staff.

James D

James DPerth, WA

Absolute mess of a verification system.

Won't let you recover your username without going into a bank branch.
Unlike every other HSBC international bank branch, Australia forces you to verify in branch.
Don't deal with them if you live far away from the branch. All i wanted to do was recover my user ID and after going through the verification process confirming it was me they then said, oh sorry i can't give you that information. They then send you in an endless verification loop with emails that never come and mobile verification links that don't exist.

Every other bank lets you recover online why do you make it so difficult. Sort out your processes I just want to pay off my credit card ffs.

Sina B.

Sina B.Sydney, NSW

Extremely poor communication

It has been proven that the HSBC bank is dodgy globally. I am not surprised at all.

Neither you nor they know where the application is at. A bunch of Amateur kids.

Andrew M

Andrew MGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very poor customer service and terrible processes

Martin H

Martin HSydney, NSW

Customers are just money cow for them. Not worth the effort.

I had applied for an HSBC credit card a second time now. Twice rejected with no explanation, no effort to let me know I have been rejected and been insulted on the phone when I call them to follow up.
Don't get me wrong, I have bank about with HSBC for years and a constant income of a couple of thousands a week, money is not the issue. I have transparency and a great credit score. But I would expect at least an email to understand why. Not treat me like a money cow a been lied to.

Hel

HelBrisbane

Terrible experience

Takes forever to settle a loan, whether you're applying with them or trying to refinance elsewhere. First and last time we'll be dealing with them. Terrible service. Go somewhere else.

Hanal Kavan

Hanal KavanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The most terrible credit card I ever had

TopicGeneral Transactions

Terrible service

The most stressful process with this bank and relationship manager. I was applying for a home loan and got different staff every time on the phone. Bank “relationship manager” was unhelpful with the generic questions I had the application process making it stressful. I wouldn’t get a response to my email until a day later and lost days when applying for the home loan due to this persons lack of response and care factor. I also asked for the manager who never returned my call. Then I rung again and insisting to speak to a manager who finally assisted me but it shouldn’t have escalated to that.

Horrible bank

Ajay

AjayGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Cash management and payments an issue

HSBC is not an OSKO member and I have experienced regular payment delays in both receiving and remitting funds. Also the credit card and transactional banking are not linked so when you pay down your credit card it does not update real-time. There are better banks out there.

Andrew

AndrewGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Wow no Osko

Wow no Osko so 2-3 days to transfer money to my other account, App is slow 2-3 minutes to open and if you need your current balance then get a pen and paper and go through your transaction history and write down all pending withdrawals some could be up to a week ago then subtract that amount from the stated balance at the top of app and wollah you will have your current balance. oh and if you wanted the $100 sign up bonus your balance must be above $2000 for 3 consecutive months. But there was free fortune cookies at the city branch which was good because with only 2 tellers it was a 25 minute wait and i was the only other person in the bank.

Disappointed

Disappointed

Terrible banking experience

Ollie

OllieSydney, NSW

Customer service and systems lack competence

Pwess

Pwessasked

HSBC

Has anyone had a bad experience exchanging foreign currency with HSBC?

John T.
John T.

No... I’ve always found HSBC really easy to deal with. I don’t know why all these other people are whinging. Maybe they’re just not good at dealing with stuff...

Jo C.
Jo C.

I opened a Global Currency Account with HSBC for the purpose of sending money to the US + complying with AML policies of the recipient. I found their exchange rate to be top 2 among AU banks (money transfer services like Transferwise not included). They show the real time exchange rate and for the fees I get charged a flat 8 AUD. From experience, I convert AUD to USD in their app then I send money before 3 pm, it's received the following day. I am happy with HSBC for the situation described.

David G

David Gasked

HSBC

I have just opened an account and then I read the reviews. I am now thinking twice about transferring some money. What ia the bank going to do to address these issues?

Steve P
Steve P

The bank does nothing.
Once it has your account that's all that matters.
No customer service from that point on.

Fired Up
Fired Up

Nothing because people just use this site only to ‘keyboard complain’ rather than contacting the bank directly to address their issues.

ben dover
ben dover

Ask the bank but my guess is NOTHING

Politeness

Politenessasked

HSBC

Is HSBC the worlds global bank
Or
is it the worlds rudest bank?

Joe1959
Joe1959

Definitely the rudest and there are so many better choices out there. From now on I am sticking with the NAB.

Mink
Mink

The rudest, most inefficient, expensive and most difficult to deal with - and coming from an ex employee. Stick with the local banks with efficient processes and appropriate resources located within Australia.

Ex HSBC
Ex HSBC

Rude, costly and incompetent. Hugely frustrating to deal with. A bank getting worse and being left behind.