HSBC

• Topics
    • General Transactions (48)
    • New Account (28)
    • Credit Card Application (17)
    • Loan Application (10)
    • ATM Experience (6)
    • Business Banking (6)

Scott

ScottPerth, WA

Utter incompetence

Archaic policies

Unable to resolve any issues

Untruthful customer service- made multiple promises, none of which were fulfilled

Retained my money over an extended period- unable to release it 'due to policies'- just a money grab.

Don't be taken in by offers of high interest- substantial amounts are deducted when account is closed- interest is paid a month after it is earned and they say that interest is forfeited for the month or months in which any withdrawals are made.
This is in line with most other banks, but HSBC seem to have no social conscience- they ALSO keep the interest for the previous month, even though no withdrawals were made in that month- an HSBC action which could justly be termed theft.

frank

frank

Good product but not a good system

HSBC products are fairly good if you can get them! been with them for 6 years customer service is not reliable, they are quite polite just not knowledgeable, and not communicative enough. It's very hard to make any changes, something like request to increase your credit limit can be endless nighmare and may not even get response and forgotten. There is a serious issue with the flow of their process. I am still keeping account open just as a spare cause their product is actually quite good, but not really trusting them to be my primary bank.

Amy

AmySouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst bank ever!

Been with them 2 years, the absolute worst bank I have ever been with! Appalling customer service, extremely hard to deal with. Takes forever to get anything done with them. Inconsistent information depending on who you are speaking with. Counting down the days until we can change our mortgage to another bank. If you are thinking of getting your home loan with HSBC. One word. DON’T!

Georgina

GeorginaPerth, WA

Insulting interrogation

I submitted an application online for a credit card and balance transfer. I provided documentary evidence of bank statements etc. as well as all the other required information.
I got an email to call them to verify some things. A very rude person called 'Trish' didnt understand what I was saying and then wanted more information. Tax statements, underpants size.
I have 100k in savings and no mortgage.. Yeary income of over 90k plus WTF else do they need
She was insulting to say the least, it was like I had commited a crime the way she was asking me questions.
Application cancelled!!!! NO way of ensuring that all my private info submitted remains private. NOT HAPPY

TopicCredit Card Application

Absolutely disgraceful

This bank is absolutely disgraceful!!! My travel card has 2 years until expiry however when I went to put money on it for travel was told my account has been closed. I leave in 2 days and have no travel card! The customer service was useless and not helpful at all!!!

Jason

JasonSydney, NSW

Credit Card Fraud

Credit card was skimmed and used overseas. I informed HSBC to cancel card. Called many times, never get return calls. Basically, they ignore you. Over 5 months now and nothing!

Thinking of changing my bank as log in is to complicated invented by youngsters don’t take older folk into account instead of being threatened of locked out of account they should divert you to customer service
Other banks are so easy Michael

TopicATM Experience

Charles K.

Charles K.Perth, WA

Very Poor Customer Experience

Credit card expired. I wasn't pre contacted instead card stops working. New card sent but with new CC number. Old pin doesn't work. Reregistration and online app shocking and difficult.

Haroon Samuel

Haroon SamuelSydney, NSW

Worst Bank I delat with/ Waste of time

Initially they approve your application and keep asking for more details and in the end they just decline your application. Upon asking the reason of decline HSBC representative's answer was 'decision is confidential to HSBC'.

TopicCredit Card Application

Crap Service

Terrible service and keep finding fault with customers, plus insufficient and unfriendly attitude. Don't bother to deal with this bank. The big 4, or even other smaller banks are much better.

TopicGeneral Transactions and New Account

dai d.

dai d.Sydney, NSW

Online system and mobile app very hard to use

I changed bank and credit card because of the crap online banking and mobile app. From the numerous phone calls with the customer service, it appears there are big holes in their processes. dont bother

HSBCwillleaveyoustranded

HSBCwillleaveyoustrandedSouth East Queensland, QLD

HSBC Global Currency Account is aimed at travellers and they blocked the card after booking two hotels in the USA.

This account is aimed at travellers and it is an account you can basically transfer AUD to international currencies with virtually no exchange rate commission. I used it twice in the USA to book hotels after the second hotel my card was blocked off, luckily I also got a Citi Bank Global account for my trip and was able to withdraw over $1500 USD from atms without a hitch. Also HSBC just updated their App on my phone and is now asking me for the secure digital key from my previous device to log in properly which is impossible since I am on the same device or ring up, wait 20 minutes and to speak to some currycel who rushes you off the phone like with my card which never worked again.

TopicATM Experience and General Transactions

Team is pathetic, and not Efficient at all. It takes ages to to get a simple thing done. So sorry to give a review like

Simpel example is changing the delivery address of credit cards/ looking into a transactiion which is subjecet to investigation Getting the system to intergrate with other system.

All what we have experienced is the team is very inefficient. They promised to give this & that, but not being able to delivery half of it.

TopicBusiness Banking, General Transactions and New Account

Coral HANLON

Coral HANLONHunter Region, NSW

Rubbish service

Applied for HSBC interest free loan, recommended by travel agent. Expecting a quick acceptance as I have a credit rating of 735 which is a very good rating. after 2 weeks of phone calls telling me exactly th same thing as the many emails told me & all the paperwork that was requested was emailed to them, still no decision. Once the agent intervened & escalated my request it was another week before they emailed & told me the application was denied with no reason given.
I'm playing discrimination card here, I'm a self funded retiree, pay bills on time, have no debts, own my own home & car but still can't get a loan from them. Rubbish bank.

seveMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

avoid

I have had nothing but dramas with these morons ,ive been trying to close my account for 2 years ,yes sir ,all sorted ,would you like to open an account again in the future -NO WAY .
No worries sir ,your account is close-still get statements and charges -i have open bank accounts with other banks in nz ,Australia ,Singapore ,China and never have i had no many dramas-they are a total joke -avoid avoid,very incompetent.

Harleigh

HarleighGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Destroying my life

Absolutely terrible customer service they have not cleared a credit default from 2017 which was I.d fraud it is now November 2019 and now I cannot get finance for a new car(old car is a write off) for my business which supports my wife and 2 boys. Thanks HSBC for destroying a family.

MICHAEL C.

MICHAEL C.South East Queensland, QLD

Is HSBC Ethical

After doing the online segment to up load my bank detail using my account number and password, I was approached by my banking institution in regards to fraud and had it explained that it is not ethical or legal this segment of the loan prosses, and all correspondence must be done by email. I asked HSBC was my information safe but did not get clarity with the response.

Martin

MartinSydney, NSW

Poor customer service, not interested in being accomodating to customers

Poor customer service, not interested in being accomodating to customers. The customer service team were not keen to accomodate my basic request so as a result I am going to move banks

TopicBusiness Banking

Gulia

GuliaSydney, NSW

Attitude

Bondi branch surprised me, they really no need your money. Iolanda who supposed to assist me with advice and help to open account was arrogant and not chatty at all. As the result I walked away and went to the other bank. This bank should hire more professionals.

TopicNew Account