HSBC

Online, Branches (See All)
See the Best Banks in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for HSBC? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Mitchell S.
Mitchell S.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Horrible customer service and a buggy system

I've been on the phone for at least 3 hours today over multiple calls trying to just set up an account. Apparently a fault in the system occurred and my registration didn't work properly. I've been transferred, put on hold and hung up on way too many times. And 95% of my actual human conversations have just been repeating the same things over and over.

I've begged them to ensure I wouldn't be hung up on the 3rd time and yet it still happened.

Extremely disappointed. Horrible first impression. I'm glad this happened early on so I know to avoid them.

Nard
NardGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Would not recommend to anyone to transfer to HSBC

i have been waiting for ages on hold, then they ask me 20 questions, then i said i would like to close my account , they said oh I will just place you on hold for 2-3 min whilst i check you account, 50 min later im still on hold and they hung up.. for the person who said that people whinge etc, reality check that this site is for REVIEWS!!!!! so others dont have the same experience as yourself, lets get right!.. Anyways each to their own. If I had known this or had the reveiws before i joined many years ago, i probably would have gone somewhere else, which is what Im going to do now.

Anne
AnneSydney, NSW

Terrible customer service

Absolutely woeful.. please read the review in full.

Seanhenry356
Seanhenry356

On Principle closing my account ASAP!!

On hold for hours to find out my online account has been blocked because my post want picked up and returned to sender 1 TIME! I am in Australia and cannot get access again until I send a verified proof of address to Leicester and have to wait a further 10days! I explained I was in Australia for another 2 months and I was met with a shrug and contempt. I don’t know why I have stayed with this disgrace of a bank for so many years. No longer! I’m out.

On HOLD for HOURS

Zero stars for treating customers with utter contempt. Zero respect for people. Go to UBank for better rates and service. I was on hold for hours with no chance of any timely service. I wish I had checked this site first. You've been warned!!

Ali
AliSydney, NSW

Worst customer service

I've called them to close my personal loan account for 6 times and every time I waited for over 90 minutes and still could not get the right person to talk to.
Every time someone pick up the phone and transfer My call to another department

Super Funds Awards 2022!

Wendy Z.12 Jan 2022
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
matt g.
matt g.Sydney, NSW

Just awful - dont recommend!

Just signed up for an account, the initial online piece was easy, but then for some unknown reason, you need to call in, give exactly the same info you gave on the app to obtain a passcode, terrible process, and the call center staff asked questions like what was your last purchase ?!?!?!? - seriously disappointing, then we come to the main piece the website for customers is a shambles, its clunky and hard to use, and the app is featureless - take a look at barclays UK for how to do it properly.... needless to say this account is getting closed instantly...

All the reviews you read here about how terrible HSBC is, is very much true!

I have never written an online review in my entire life, but I felt so strongly about how bad HSBC Australia is that it got me motivated to take the time. Their entire operation is so disjointed that you will end up speaking with 10+ people to get a simple account opened, and yet after a month, nothing has really happened and you've wasted your precious time. And given that their average rating here is 1.0 out of 5.0 from 500++ reviews, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that HSBC really just doesn't give a darn about its customers.

Find out how HSBC compares to other Banks

Horrible experience despite had little expectation to start with

Clo
CloMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Messy internal teams

I have banked with HSBC for past 5 years.
Day to day account, credit card as well as a home loan

I have had to refinance to another bank, and it has been settled. The money has switch over to other bank and 2 days later, HSBC says" your account cannot be discharge" because wrong forms has been submitted. and they had only receive the paper work on 31st march. Such is a nightmare, they actually deducted my money from my day-to-day account.

Terrible experience

Applied for a refinance with HSBC - great interest - cashback, etc. However, after 7 months finally got unconditional approval for the full amount applied for and then they dropped the amount with no explanation. Couldn't fully pay out my current mortgage so was told to get a personal loan for the difference. Worst experience ever. I made a complaint and have waited two months for a "nothing" response. Terrible.

ali b.
ali b.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Really disappointing

Applied for a refinance 7 months ago, and have been answerig heaps of nonsense questions since.

Still waiting for apptoval, unbeliveable!!!
Never recommend them to anyone, this is the worstt bank I've ever worked with

Geoff A
Geoff AAU

Not happy Jan

Rob P
Rob PGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Won’t call back after many calls

Hsbc have the worst customer service of a bank that I’ve ever come across.
For some unknown reason they put restricted access on our account and now we can’t access our account to use our money.

I have called at least half a dozen times and after being on hold for at least 20mins each time they tell me that they either can’t contact the appropriate department or that they are not picking up.
They have told us every time that someone would call us back and they have marked it as urgent.
Not one phone call and it’s been 3 weeks with at least 2 calls from us a week.
We have obviously changed banks but still need them to contact us so we can access our money and move it to the new bank.
They obviously don’t care about their customers.