HSBC Home Loans

HSBC Home Loans

Brand Manager for HSBC? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Mr.cool
Mr.coolPerth, WA

Can’t complaints compare to big 4 banks

Adriana
Adriana

Worst bank waste of time

I did apply to refinance my loan. They made me cancel credit cards and it took for ever to declined the loan because the unit is too small. Absolutely waste of time

Javvad
JavvadGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worst Customer services for home loans refinancing

too much
too muchGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

HSBC Homeloan.

the home loan process does ask for a lot of documents but to be fair I am organized so it took me less than 30 min to pull everything together. Just the usual bank statement, bills, payslips, etc. Caroline Bi has been fantastic I forgot how lovely it is to deal with polite, professional organised people. Looking forward to having a bank to talk to again.

Ulan M
Ulan MSydney, NSW

Conservative bank with competitive home loan pricing

HSBC loan approval process is a bit protracted, they do ask for more documents than other banks and they do sometime asks somewhat silly follow-up credit verification questions. However our relationship manager was top notch, with timely communication and follow-ups. HSBC is not one of those banks that will throw credit at anything that moves (hint: royal commission), they are conservative, aka old fashioned bank in a good sense when it comes to credit checks. And I'd rather have it that way.

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
MissD
MissD

Home Loan Application

Ive been a long standing banking customer with HSBC for almost 20 years now and have always found thier customer service great so when they started advertising thier home loan packages with a competitive interest rate I applied for a refinance. I spoke with a home loan specialist at HSBC, was advised based on preliminary information provided i qualified, sent through all required documents and paperwork and never heard back from the loan specialist despite my follow up calls and emails.

Amy
AmySydney

Lose interest on refinance

Total waste of time

My dealing with this bank is comparable to banging my head in a brick wall. I can't tell if ots just my loan manager or the bank itself but it's taken over two months to adjust my payment to for nightly payments.

Terrible experience

Bank promote very atrractive rate but deliver very poor service by asking 100 different documents on several occasions taking very long time to approve. Mine was a refinance from commbank( even though rate was bit high with commbank , I now think I made a mistake by refinancing).
Hsbc even made me to cancel my credit card to get required loan amount. But considering the lower rate I thought its worth to go through little pain for lower rate advantage and finally one month after apprval and transferring my loan to hsbc, all of a sudden Hsbc increased the rate.this is nothing but cheating.

Elaine M
Elaine MMelbourne

Poor experience and we regret our refinance

Ravi G
Ravi Gmelbourne

Cheap marketing

Terrible. they gave 3.75% in late 2017 and exactly one year after increased rate to 3.85 while they advertise their new home loan rates are as low as 3.7%. Don't trust if they explain unless if there is no change in RBA rates they wont change your rates ..etc

Sanjeev
SanjeevGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very competitive if you ignore customer service part.

As I can see most reviews are from frustrated customers. But my experience was great with this mortgage. Great discount on interest, no application fee, No annual fee and a little discharge fee. What else do you want dumb people ? Just be a bit patient with initial procedure and your savings will go a long way.

I had to spend my day off going to the HSBC in Melbourne, wasting 2 hours of my time and get nothing out of it!

Met [name removed] on Collin Street branch to do my refinance, fill up the docs, and at the end of the day, nothing, NOT even a follow up, Not even feedback, he just disappeared, thanks for wasting my time and my credit score!

msdee099
msdee099

Worst customer experience ever

We got a home loan from HSBC a few years ago and With every enquiry, as simple as rate change based on market, we have got a different relationship manager. I feel like a ping pong ball getting passed one from one person to another repeating myself over and over again and nothing gets done without 20 email followups.
Won't recommend them to anyone!

D. Oliver
D. OliverSouth East Queensland, QLD

No contact, no effort, stress central!

HSBC are the worst! Don't expect to have approval within a reasonable time. Poorest service I have ever received, constantly chasing up my 'Premier Relationship Manager' and then I find out he is on holiday on my finance approval date!!! Complete incompetence from him and the credit team there. AVOID!!!

Read more reviews - page 2