Huddle Car Insurance

See the Best Car Insurance in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Excellent prices

Best prices in the market for Comprehensive car policy, also you get free Roadside insurance! Customer care is good and patient. Very good value for money definitely! Highly recommended ! Good Luck!

Car ModelHonda CR-V
Claim MadeNo

Huddle.. a good first date, but it did not last!

BE CAREFUL AT RENEWAL TIME!!! ..Not normally one to share negative reviews, but I took out an insurance policy on my Mazda 3 last year... it was great, competitive rate and an agreed value of 11k. Just got my renewal through and it was set to auto renew, however on examination of the policy not only did my premium go up by $80 (I am a 52 year old driver, no claims, no accidents for the last 20 years, no demerit points for as long as I can remember... what you would call the 'perfect' car insurance risk).. so it went up by $80 AND the agreed value (and I use the term agreed loosely as I was not part of this 'agreement') went down from 11k to 6k in the space of 1 year. So, to reward me for not claiming, they charge me over 10% more and cut my insured sum by 50%. I today cancelled, and found another company $100 cheaper and with an agreed value of 10.5k. Huddle you talked the talk, but unfortunately, you really are no different. I would expect more of these negative reviews to start coming through as most policies are new, and things seem to have changed at renewal time like they did for me... as they have not been around too long most are getting their first renewals. Very crafty, and of course, it masks what is a much larger increase if you put back the original agreed value. I will mention that the staff member was as confused as me but simply cancelled my policy. So, huddle.. here is one lost customer!

July 20th 2019 Update: Another policy increased by over 25%

After writing my last review my other policy renewal has just come in... up from $403 to $520 over 25% increase in the first year despite no claims, or other insurance events. Once again I shopped around and got several quotes over $100 cheaper, finally found exactly same cover for $130 cheaper. In fact contrary to what they say, I actually got a cheaper quote re-doing the quote with Huddle (not by much may I add.. about $30)... same details, same agreed value and same fixed KM's. I will say however that they did not drop my agreed value 50% like my previous car. Seems to me Huddle is OK for the first year, but as I mentioned before... watch out at renewal.

Car ModelMazda 3
Claim MadeNo

Policy came in at best price

Been with Huddle for over 2 years now had both cars insured fully at a great price. Now we only have 1 car, a Mercedes which proved to be expensive with other insurers but Huddle came in at a considerable price and we had the choice of Agreed or Market value. Never had any issues with them responding. Your well known established insurance companies have been quoting ridiculous prices and I think its time to give the newer companies on the market a chance to prove their worth dealing with.

Long wait times

If you like to be on hold for more than 30mins and customer assistance not getting back to you for more than 24hrs then this product is for you. Dont bother buying from this company customer assistance is non existent.

Car ModelAudi A3

RIP OFF, did an online quote, Agreed value very low

RIP OFF, did an online quote, same price as my current insurance, but agreed value much lower than market value even though i set it to its highest point at $6000 when market value on my Mazda 3 SP25 is $12,000, they had set the value to $4000 and insurance was only $50 cheaper than my current provider. No thanks

Car ModelMazda 3 SP25

Expensive

Their quote for 1 car was $500 more than I currently insure 2 cars for with my current insurer. The quote for 1 car was also the most expensive I have ever been given for 1 car and more than it cost to insure when it was newer and worth 6 times as much.

Claim MadeNo

Absolutely crap i would not recommend

Absolutely crap i would not recommend to anyone I'll be telling people I know to stay away. they can't even take a payment on a date that you ask. Instead they just keep trying to take money from your account on a daily basis and don't offer to fix it When a person gets a loan of $50 to get groceries so they can feed there kids before pay day and just to find there is no money there when at the checkout for the big fat cats at the top it's just greed and unprofessional the fact that every other business I deal with dose work with people. Not to mention upsets there customers by taking food out there kids mouths no money is safe in your account if you work from paycheck to paycheck and have a family to support. Even though they where told Tuesday and can't even following a simple instruction with there out dated system.

Claim MadeNo

Brilliant service and half price car insurance

Put a quote online and got a call from Maddie almost immediately, i was surprised the insurance was so cheap, you get excellent service, quick transactions and so very happy with our 2 new car insurance policies saving us hundreds of bucks a year.

Car Model1999-2004 Mercedes-Benz MB140D
Claim MadeNo

So many benefits AND good service

Every enquiry bas been answered quickly - when they rang me back and I couldn’t answer they sent me an email I could respond to. Plus low prices, support the environment plus a cause you nominate. No other company donates a cent.

Car ModelHolden Cruze JG

No problems at all!

I am extremely happy with the whole process of changing my car insurance to this company. The premiums are so cheap and also I got through to customer service so quickly, just to provide my odometer reading and the young lady was very lovely and polite. Highly recommended!

Insurance claim madeNo

Customer support is not reachable

I have been with Huddle Car Insurance for over 3 months now. The customer support is not reachable during the business hours. They advise to leave your name and number for a call back, but they would never call you back. They promised a referral credit of $50 when I bought the policy through my friend, but they didn't pay after 3 months. I informed the customer service about the referral credit after several attempts. They said they would call me back after checking the details, but I didn't get a call regarding the referral credit I was promised. Extremely poor customer service.

BEWARE of fake Huddle promises

This is my one and only warning to all potential new customers wishing to take out insurance with Huddle.
1./ Their underwriters "Hollard" are aware and are investigating poor business practices associated with Huddle Insurance. If you don't believe it contact Hollard yourselves.
2./ Complaints have been submitted to the Financial Ombudsman relating to their very poor customer service and difficulty in contacting them by phone when assistance is urgent.
3./ They lure people in by quoting low prices on insurance online and when a customer accepts the offer, the deductions are made instantly from a credit card supplied, even if insurance is not due for up to a month. Reputable Insurance companies ALWAYS wait to make deductions from a credit card on the day a policy is due to commence.
4./ Customers trying to contact Huddle either by their listed 1300 number or their so called emergency 02 number from anywhere in the world, have found it almost impossible to get any immediate responses, and even if a callback request is left on their answering service customers have reported not receiving callbacks at all.

Please NOTE: A recommended suggested practice.
Before any new potential customers accept and purchase insurance from Huddle online.Please TEST for yourselves by trying to call the 2 numbers and you will note the problem yourselves. DO NOT be seduced by the promises, while low premiums are great, and online registration can be quick, the real proof is when you need assistance. Be VERY VERY careful. This practice should apply to any online insurance companies not just Huddle.

Insurance claim madeNo

Fast and efficient call centre assistance!

My call was answered quickly and all my queries where attended to. I asked for a follow up email which I received a few minutes after the call ended. I dealt with a lady named Alison - it was lovely to experience such great service.

Happy with the price!

Recently joined huddle atfer shopping around for cheaper insurance. Very reasonably priced. Basically half the cost of what company I was using before. Very user friendly site. And love that I could add on road side assistance for only $5 extra a month!

Car ModelHyundai ix35

Never use huddle

Worst service ever, over two months waiting to hear if my claim has went through with contact from them only every couple weeks and with myself instigating the contact majority of the times. Paid extra for hire car not to get it. Claim rejected after over two months putting extra financial strain on myself and family during this period only to be rejected and stuck with a $10,000 bill to try afford. Would never recommend dealing with this company. Happy to take the money, not happy to pay comprehensive insurance out. What a Christmas me and my family are going to have now. Thanks huddle.

Insurance claim madeYes

An excellent company to deal with

I am one of those people who does the annual "shop around" when I get my car insurance renewal. This year I went with Huddle Insurance and, as it turns out, I'm glad I did.

I switched to Huddle in June, based upon their competitive premiums, standard inclusions and that you can nominate how many km's you will do in the next 12 months and get a further reduction in the premium as a result.
Being able to do this all online was also helpful and seamless.

I had to make a claim on my policy in late July following my car being damaged by a hit and run when parked, with the other driver just taking off and not leaving details. A low-life for sure! I had reported the accident to the Police and obtained an Event no, then contacted Huddle by phone to report it.

This was the first time in a very long time that I have had to make a claim, and the process was very straightforward and efficient.

A special mention to Jade in their Claims Department is warranted as she took my call. I provided all the necessary details and forwarded photos of the damage from my mobile phone. Jade was most professional, friendly and efficient and processed my claim in a very timely manner, and I had received confirmation and a claim number via SMS very quickly, together with the details of their local recommended repairer. They also indicated that I could use my own repairer if that is what I wanted and, following a quick Google search and checking the credentials of their recommended repairer, I decided to go with them.

I contacted the repairer and arranged for a time to visit to obtain a quote, and upon arrival, Huddle had already sent them all the details relating to my claim. A few days later I was advised that the claim had been approved and to arrange with the repairer a time and date to take my car in for repair. This was done and three days later I was able to collect my car.

All of this was completed in just over two weeks, and I highly recommend Huddle Insurance for their easy and hassle free claims process.

Insurance claim madeYes

may I nominate my repairer?

I have a policy with Huddle and just read that if in an accident that I have to pay 1,000 if fixed kilometres are just under or over is this right?
Yes! If you nominate high odo reading at start of insurance (which is fraud) & have an accident you have to pay extra excess. If you have accident after travelling more than kms you nominated you travel, then yes, you have to pay extra excess. If you know you're going to go over your kms you can ring them & tell them & they'll amend your policy.

Hi, we bought a new Pajero. Looking for a good car insurance. How is this huddle car insurance to deal with?
Hi Aarti, I did everything online so I really didn’t speak with customer service. But the reviews I read were great. And I’m currently paying $56 a month for a 3 year old Hyundai ix35 4wd. With agreed value at $28000 and excess of $800. I also really like the option of picking my own repairer, as some other companies these days make you use their repairs, which tends to be not the best repair jobs. Hope that bit of info helps!Hi Aarti, My only phone dealing with customer service was when I had to make a claim a few months back. They were excellent to deal with and very helpful indeed, and made the entire process of claiming very straightforward. All my other dealings have been online, and have been equally impressive. Cheers PaulI wouldn't bother with these guys, look online, Google compare car insurance to find best quote. Also note the value insurers will give you, as huddle valued my car less than half the market value. Tried to insure for market value but they only allowed agreed value

CategoryCar Insurance