Huddle Car Insurance

How to compare car insurance to find the best policy for you

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (3)
    • 1-2 weeks (2)
    • 2-4 weeks (4)
    • 1-2 months (5)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (13) · No (0)

Never go with Huddle

All was fine before I put a claim. You can not call someone to make claim and if you make an appointment you never get a call back on time or no call at all. They were hell went to prove that I am at fault. No listening to any of my reasoning. Look like they are only worries about charging me excess. Terrible (one of the worst dealing with insurance companies) experience, Seems like Huddle is more interested in charging me excess rather than resolving the case and presenting my case to other party. The liability team person wants to blame me for everything and sounds like selling dash cam to me.

Huddle HelpHuddle

Hi Saket, I really do appreciate you taking the time to discuss this with me directly earlier. Thank you for your time today.

Syed Raafay R.

Syed Raafay R.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible Experience

Need a road side assistance. I spoke to them around 1150am to send me the tow truck. Sarah gave me ETA of around 330pm. After 330pm Mark rang me and told me that he is assigning some one else to pick my car around 440pm. Such a terrible experience I had.

seamus.mckenzie.7

seamus.mckenzie.7Carlow, Ireland

This company needs to be more honest with their prospective customers. The lack of transparency in their quotes is dishonest and downright misleading.

After getting a quote for my daughter there was suddenly a massive jump in price for upfront payments. Which was not stipulated at the beginning of the process.

Tejas B.

Tejas B.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not bad at all!

Huddle HelpHuddle

Great service for a start.

I joined Huddle for my car recently. The process was super easy, and the policies I got from Huddle were clear and easy to read. Great service so far. Thanks.

Huddle HelpHuddle

Hi Penny and welcome to Huddle. Glad to hear the service you received met your needs and expectations. Thanks for choosing us as your insurer and for the fantastic 5-stars!

Purchasing Insurance

The online tool for purchasing car insurance was intuitive, concise and clear. So easy to use. Great product and value for money! Incredibly happy with the process of setting up the insurance, understanding what bolts on I could get and executing a purchase!

Evan

EvanHunter Region, NSW

Took my money and now I can't reach them.

No call centre. No email. So I need to make an appointment to speak to someone, but you're happy to just charge me anyway?? Avoid this company and go somewhere else.

LeanneR

LeanneRMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Read the fine print

We paid cover for my daughters car 3 years at an agreed value & when it was deemed a total loss all that was paid was $30.81!!!! The service is terrible as you can’t call & speak to anyone, only schedule a callback for a 2 hour window. They are very slow to respond to emails & get back to you. What might seem like good value up front may cost you dearly if you need to claim. I will never use them again!

L B.

L B.Illawarra, NSW

The fact that I have to book an apt to speak with someone is a joke!!

Huddle was great to set up, simple and easy, however 12 months on and hadn’t received a renewal quote, tried to do one and couldn’t, could see my policy was about to end so I just compared and went with someone else. Since then they’ve tried to take another years policy without ANY notice whatsoever. I have tried to stop this new policy ASAP however to do so I need to book a damn appointment to speak with someone!!! In the mean time they are still trying to take money from my account for a policy I haven’t received, reviewed or even asked for!! Absolute joke!! Again, great and easy to set up, competitive pricing however the follow up and customer service leaves a LOT to be answered for!

So far so good :-)

Quick and easy to sign up and cheapest i could find on the internet, I will be sticking with these guys for sure, just hope if I ever have to claim it’s this easy, thanks guys :-)

Huddle HelpHuddle

Super easy and so much cheaper than the rest. How refreshing!

Super easy to set up and good value for money, especially compared to other insurers. I have not had to make a claim yet, but I’m hoping that process if ever needed is just as easy. Go Huddle!

Ollie

Ollie

good value for money

It was really easy to apply for it, was covered immediately and it was really good value for money. We had the option to add on the extra protection and it was really affordable for what you get!

Huddle HelpHuddle

Hi Ollie. Thanks for the fantastic review. We really appreciate the 5-stars. We are pleased to hear you found value for money and the options available were what you needed. Thanks for choosing us.

Very good price

Good price and very easy to apply on line
This is the first year but recommended by a friend who has been a customer for a number of years. And when road service was required very quick to turn up

Huddle HelpHuddle

Hi Linda. We really do appreciate the 5-star review, thank you. Welcome to Huddle.

Steve FGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Making a claim is difficult

My daughter was in an accident weeks ago and her car was written off. Blond Freddy could see it would not be repaired, but it took forever for an assessor to confirm. From there question after question and still no payout.

I have never seen an insurance company make the claims process so difficult.

You certainly won't be getting my business and I will be recommending alternates to my daughter for the future.

Steve F

Happy overall with the service

My bank card got cloned and I didn't pay on time and they allow a week and tried again I was really happy that they were understanding about this it really made me feel content. Also the general service is great!

Huddle HelpHuddle

Thanks for the fantastic review Jonathan, we really do appreciate the 5-stars. Glad to hear it was all sorted, we totally understand these things happen from time to time. Thanks again for the wonderful feedback.

Jonathan
Jonathan

Pleasure thanks for being great!

New to Huddle

Just recently decided to go with Huddle for our insurance. I found the policy set up easy and liked the ability to add any extra that were relevant to my insurance plan. Did this all over the internet so no customer interaction was required. So far so good.

Huddle HelpHuddle

Hi Michelle. Thanks for reaching out with your review, we really do appreciate it. Welcome to Huddle. Thanks again.

James G.

James G.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

The highest cover for the lowest price!

Incredible value, almost $500 less than my previous renewal would have been and I even opted for a higher level of cover!! I had one query with my cover and sent an email, within 24 hours I had a phone call and a follow up email. Once it had been resolved they even touched base with me to make sure I was happy. Keep doing what you’re doing and so long as your premiums don’t rocket in price, I will be a loyal customer

Huddle HelpHuddle

Hi James and thank you for your review. We are really happy to hear you found what you were looking for at a price you liked. Thanks for choosing us as your insurer, we look forward to a long and happy relationship. Thanks for the 5-stars.

Review collected in partnership with Huddle

Great value great to deal with

Good price on insurance and let's a learner driver use car to learn with out jacking up premiums and love roadside assistance being part of your insurance will get price for home insurance thanks

Huddle HelpHuddle

Hi Stuart. Thanks for the fantastic review. We really appreciate the 5-stars. Thanks for choosing us as your insurer.

Fiona K.

Fiona K.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Great value, great service

It was easy to set up a policy and the very friendly person I spoke to gave me excellent advice on choosing the right one. I will be switching all my vehicle insurance to Huddle.

Huddle HelpHuddle

Hi Fiona, thanks for the 5-star review. We really appreciate you choosing Huddle. Thanks again.

Herbie W.

Herbie W.Central Queensland, QLD

Fair price.

A lot better pricing than any out there and their policy is pretty all inclusive. Fair cover especially on their limited distance policy like have chosen to go with for my vehicle, just a shame I wasn’t told about the telstra points bonus coming up haha.

Huddle HelpHuddle

Hi Herbie. Thanks for reaching out. We really appreciate the 5-stars. We are sorry about the Telstra points! If you have any other cars or would like to look at home and contents, be sure to log in that way. Thanks for choosing Huddle. Thanks again.

VICK

VICKasked

Huddle Car Insurance

Do have road side assistances?

Huddle HelpHuddle

Hi Vick, we sure do! This is an optional coverage you can add to your policy when purchasing. Please feel free to head to our website to complete a quote, we hope you love what you see. Thanks for reaching out.

Christian R.

Christian R.asked

Huddle Car Insurance

everyone is good comments for signing up the insurance from them.
yes of course they must be good otherwise they cant get any client if they bad in customer service in terms of new signing.
the BIG QUESTION is anyone got experience about claiming?
EVERY INSURANCE or MOST of THEM in terms of claiming is a bit HARD they are alway taking your money so easy, But getting back????

Huddle HelpHuddle

Hi Christian, thanks for reaching out. We completely hear what you are saying here. We pride ourselves on offering a service that is easy to use, straight forward and there when you need it the most. Although everybody's circumstances are different, we will always do our best to ensure you walk away happy. We are here to change the way traditional insurance has been in the past, let's face it, it was pretty outdated. If there is anything you would like to discuss or have any further questions, please feel free to book a call back at huddle.com.au/help and one of our agents will call you at a time that is convenient for you. Thanks again for taking the time to reach out.

barry m.

barry m.asked

Car Insurance - Comprehensive

HOW DO I JOIN????????????

Chris
Chris

hi barry you can do it on line or call them on 1300777200
you will be happy with huddle

Huddle HelpHuddle

Hi Barry and thanks, Chris. That is absolutely correct, if you head to huddle.com.au you will be able to quote and purchase there. Thanks for reaching out, we really appreciate it.

See all Huddle Car Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and Huddle representatives

Compare both Huddle Car Insurance
CategoryCar InsuranceCar Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Home and ContentsHome and Contents
Coverage TypeComprehensiveThird Party Property Damage
UnderwriterHollardHollard
Legal Liability Cover Included up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 million
Roadside Assistance Optional ExtraOptional Extra
Reduced or Zero Excess Windscreen CoverZero Excess Optional ExtraZero Excess Optional Extra
Choice of RepairerNot AllowedNot Allowed
After Accident Care
Emergency Transport & AccommodationIncluded up to $500 if you are more than 200 kilometres from your home and your car cannot be drivenOptional cover up to $500 if you are more than 200 kilometres from your home and your car cannot be driven
Towing Costs IncludedIncluded
Essential / Emergency RepairsIncluded up to $500Included up to $500
Benefits
Pay As You Drive / Fixed Kilometre DiscountOptionalNot Applicable
Hire Car after Theft

Included up to $70 per day for up to 14 days

Optional up to $70 per day for up to 14 days

Lock and Key ReplacementIncluded up to $1,000Optional up to $1,000
Transit Cover Included
Trailer & Caravan CoverIncluded up to $1,000Included
Child Safety Seats and PramsIncluded up to $500Not Included
New-for-old Car Replacement

Included, declared a total loss within the first 24 months of the starting date of its original registration provided you are the first registered owner

Not Included