Comprehensive, Third Party Property

How to compare car insurance to find the best policy for you

Read now

• Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks (4), <1 week (3) and 1-2 weeks (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (7) · No (0)

Change my email address to receive policy details

I want to change my email address to receive insurance policy details because I put wrong email address, so please send me the details by new email address. Thanks for interest.

Hassan

HassanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

No loyalty for Existing customer/ Discount Only for new customer to attract them for 1 year.

I am with huddle for 2 years now. At the point of Sale they have offered me T-Shirt which never arrived. On second renewal they guaranteed it will come this time - never arrived. If you purchase Km and don't use it, forget it, rollover only possible with a higher renewal (then internet quote). Sales rep pass onto managers and manager's just say sorry. If you want to purchase more km than your exiting plan, no rollover of Kilometers available. You can not change your Annual plan to monthly if your situation changes. Please Be Aware of these facts of this insurance company.

Car ModelHonda CR-V RD7
Dek

Dek

Keep Your Credit Card Details AND Charge 20%+ MORE to Existing Customers

BE AWARE

Huddle is one of those matey organisation's while they act as any other ripoff insurance company.

1. My car insurance came up for renewal and they sent me an email 1 month prior to expiry advising me when they were going to debit my previously used method of payment. So be warned, they keep your credit card details on file without your knowledge. Not sure this is legal? It certainly smells.

2. The renewal premium they dreamed of was then 21% HIGHER than you can get on their website if you are a new customer. In fact they reward new customers with a discount price rather than attempting to keep existing customers.

Unless they show me honesty of dealings, will be cancelling my policy. Rip-off artists.

Ale

Ale

Pushes the right buttons

Claim MadeNo

The worst company I have ever dealt with

Bob

Bob

Amazing service

Great price
Amazing customer service
When involved in an accident they had my car at a garage the next day.
Hire car delivered and collected from my door.
Easy processes
Highly recommend.

Car ModelHonda
Claim DateJuly 2020
Joanna S.

Joanna S.Sydney, NSW

Money grabbing unhelpful company

Very unhelpful staff and terrible customer service. You may think they offer a good deal, but when it comes to claiming they impose huge hidden charges. We had someone hit our parked car. Took they details, did everything right. No excess applied because the other driver was at fault but when it came to getting our settlement they told us about a $700 charge because we paid the insurance monthly. We were told even though the car was written off we have to pay for the insurance for it for entire year! Not to mention that the other driver was at fault so all Huddle had to do is pass someone else’s money onto us. Absolutely disgusting to deal with.

Claim DateSeptember 2020
Maximus B.

Maximus B.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Recommend to anyone with-out a question

It's 100% online and had a great Android app. I have 3 cars in the system.
I was a bit sceptical like everyone else. I was with AAMI but my insurance was getting a bit expensive. So I did a bit of research and a friends recommendation I gave Huddle a go.
This is my second year with Huddle, unfortunately in the first year I had one car completely written off due to the hail storm in January. The team was super helpful and provided me with a hire car.
The team was so helpful and did the refund and finalised all the remaining payments so efficiently. Furthermore let me keep the hire car for extra 3 days until I get the new car sorted from the dealer.

Car ModelHonda Civic
Claim DateFebruary 2020
Alexander C.

Alexander C.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great Customer Service (No claim)

Huddle have been great with several of my queries and I really appreciate their clear way of doing business.
I haven't need to make a claim, so I can't attest to how this is, and hopefully won't need to!

Car ModelJeep Grand Cherokee

100% recommended.!!

I am using them for my 2nd car & have been more than satisfied as well as true value for money. My 1st car was an absolute loss (not my fault, drunk driver on road hit me from behind at lights).
The team have been Uber cool to deal with & my total experience was a total breeze.
They have paid my total Agreed value of the Policy within three weeks. However, the only complaint from my side is if they can employ more staff as there is always a long queue, wouldn't really matter if you have patience.;-)
I would definitely recommend them and give them full stars from my side.

Claim DateMay 2020
Jess

Jess

The Best!

I've had full comprehensive car insurance, contents insurance and travel insurance with Huddle and have found the pricing and customer service to be exceptional. They really care about the customers experience. They even insured my Mazda 3 MPS when many companies wouldn't because it's classed as a "performance car". I've never had a claim though so can't comment on that.

Car ModelMazda 3
Daniel

DanielGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Disgusting service!

Purchased insurance ove a week ago now and they took my money straight away, but still no documents or breakdown info despite trying to contact them for over a week now via email and phone! Would not recomend! Feels like a scam!

Car ModelMitsubishi Pajero NS
Sam

SamSydney, NSW

No Response. Claim section of website / app doesnt work!

My second year with Huddle and first claim for a no fault. Got absolutely no response from Huddle- website picture upload didnt work, app is faulty. Finally called and kept waiting. Supposedly all agents were busy and hence left a 'call me back' and absolutely nothing. It has been a full working day!
Will be moving away from Huddle, to a real insurance company.

Claim DateMarch 2020
Jose

JoseSydney, NSW

Not Trustworthy

Guys, I picked up my staff from a car accident and drover her to work and listened to the conversaition with huddle and it sounded like they we're asking a tonne of questions to avoid paying for anything. When I had an accident with aami car insurance, it was sorted so quick and no issues at all and the conversation didn't sound like they were out to get us. I would be very careful with Huddle. Pay a little extra and go with someone who will make life easy in times of need.

Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claimant is the policy holderNo
Claim DateFebruary 2020
Ives

IvesGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Car stolen in Melbourne - Took 3 weeks to get claim finalised and money in my account

I've never thought I would get a car stolen in Australia and it is quite annoying. The whole process from lodging the claim to get the money in my account took 3 weeks. It is actually quite simple, just make sure you have documents about the car, photos and even car service receipts. I was quite happy that the support is in Australia and that only one person becomes responsible for the whole claim. They are not super fast to respond, but you have to be patient because they will respond at some point.

The reason why I gave the review is because it seems that only the bad experience ones post in this website.

Claim DateJanuary 2020

Amro

AmroHunter Region, NSW

Fantastic Customer Service

Recently, I was involved in a car crash but the driver who was was at fault was refusing to take responsibility for the crash and tried to blame us for it. Huddle handled my case and helped us win the dispute. Special shout out to Bekky from the claims department.

Insurance TypeThird Party, Fire and Theft
Car ModelVolkswagen Tiguan 5N 118TSI

Highly recommend

Very happy with Huddle Car Insurance. We lodged a claim and within hours it was being actioned and within two weeks our car was repaired. No fuss, hassles or follow ups required. The process was very smooth and easy.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Sam

SamSydney

Hopeless Roadside Assist Model

First time I used roadassist my car got stuck I suspected it ran out of fuel as my fuel guage had been playing up. Call Huddle they only want to give me one shot I.e. send someone with fuel or tow truck, if i choose fuel and it's not that they will not call for a tow as they have already provided me with roadside assist. If they call tow truck they will tow to my place of residence. In conclusion there is no mechanic or diagnosis physical roadside assist available the driver does diagnosis over the phone with operator and gets one choice of assistance only, I'm my case choose tow truck option or they pay for someone like uber driver to come with fuel.

MattyM

MattyMGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great Rates, Excellent Customer Service

Car ModelMercedes-Benz C-Class C250 W205
Amit

AmitSydney, NSW

Excellent prices

Best prices in the market for Comprehensive car policy, also you get free Roadside insurance! Customer care is good and patient. Very good value for money definitely! Highly recommended ! Good Luck!

Car ModelHonda CR-V