Comprehensive, Third Party Property

Car Insurance Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of car insurance would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

3.1

Alexander C.

Alexander C.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great Customer Service (No claim)

Huddle have been great with several of my queries and I really appreciate their clear way of doing business.
I haven't need to make a claim, so I can't attest to how this is, and hopefully won't need to!

Car ModelJeep Grand Cherokee

100% recommended.!!

I am using them for my 2nd car & have been more than satisfied as well as true value for money. My 1st car was an absolute loss (not my fault, drunk driver on road hit me from behind at lights).
The team have been Uber cool to deal with & my total experience was a total breeze.
They have paid my total Agreed value of the Policy within three weeks. However, the only complaint from my side is if they can employ more staff as there is always a long queue, wouldn't really matter if you have patience.;-)
I would definitely recommend them and give them full stars from my side.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateMay 2020
Jess

Jess

The Best!

I've had full comprehensive car insurance, contents insurance and travel insurance with Huddle and have found the pricing and customer service to be exceptional. They really care about the customers experience. They even insured my Mazda 3 MPS when many companies wouldn't because it's classed as a "performance car". I've never had a claim though so can't comment on that.

Car ModelMazda 3

Daniel

DanielGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Disgusting service!

Purchased insurance ove a week ago now and they took my money straight away, but still no documents or breakdown info despite trying to contact them for over a week now via email and phone! Would not recomend! Feels like a scam!

Plan covers drivers under 25Yes
Car ModelMitsubishi Pajero NS
Sam

SamSydney, NSW

No Response. Claim section of website / app doesnt work!

My second year with Huddle and first claim for a no fault. Got absolutely no response from Huddle- website picture upload didnt work, app is faulty. Finally called and kept waiting. Supposedly all agents were busy and hence left a 'call me back' and absolutely nothing. It has been a full working day!
Will be moving away from Huddle, to a real insurance company.

Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateMarch 2020
Jose

JoseSydney, NSW

Not Trustworthy

Guys, I picked up my staff from a car accident and drover her to work and listened to the conversaition with huddle and it sounded like they we're asking a tonne of questions to avoid paying for anything. When I had an accident with aami car insurance, it was sorted so quick and no issues at all and the conversation didn't sound like they were out to get us. I would be very careful with Huddle. Pay a little extra and go with someone who will make life easy in times of need.

Claim MadeYes
Claimant is the policy holder No
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateFebruary 2020
Ives

IvesGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Car stolen in Melbourne - Took 3 weeks to get claim finalised and money in my account

I've never thought I would get a car stolen in Australia and it is quite annoying. The whole process from lodging the claim to get the money in my account took 3 weeks. It is actually quite simple, just make sure you have documents about the car, photos and even car service receipts. I was quite happy that the support is in Australia and that only one person becomes responsible for the whole claim. They are not super fast to respond, but you have to be patient because they will respond at some point.

The reason why I gave the review is because it seems that only the bad experience ones post in this website.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateJanuary 2020
Amro

AmroHunter Region, NSW

Fantastic Customer Service

Recently, I was involved in a car crash but the driver who was was at fault was refusing to take responsibility for the crash and tried to blame us for it. Huddle handled my case and helped us win the dispute. Special shout out to Bekky from the claims department.

Insurance TypeThird Party, Fire and Theft
Plan covers drivers under 25Yes
Car ModelVolkswagen Tiguan 5N 118TSI

Highly recommend

Very happy with Huddle Car Insurance. We lodged a claim and within hours it was being actioned and within two weeks our car was repaired. No fuss, hassles or follow ups required. The process was very smooth and easy.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks

Sam

SamSydney

Hopeless Roadside Assist Model

First time I used roadassist my car got stuck I suspected it ran out of fuel as my fuel guage had been playing up. Call Huddle they only want to give me one shot I.e. send someone with fuel or tow truck, if i choose fuel and it's not that they will not call for a tow as they have already provided me with roadside assist. If they call tow truck they will tow to my place of residence. In conclusion there is no mechanic or diagnosis physical roadside assist available the driver does diagnosis over the phone with operator and gets one choice of assistance only, I'm my case choose tow truck option or they pay for someone like uber driver to come with fuel.

MattyM

MattyMGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great Rates, Excellent Customer Service

Car ModelMercedes-Benz C-Class C250 W205
Amit

AmitSydney, NSW

Excellent prices

Best prices in the market for Comprehensive car policy, also you get free Roadside insurance! Customer care is good and patient. Very good value for money definitely! Highly recommended ! Good Luck!

Car ModelHonda CR-V
enad

enad

Huddle.. a good first date, but it did not last!

Car ModelMazda 3
Doris

DorisSydney, NSW

Policy came in at best price

Been with Huddle for over 2 years now had both cars insured fully at a great price. Now we only have 1 car, a Mercedes which proved to be expensive with other insurers but Huddle came in at a considerable price and we had the choice of Agreed or Market value. Never had any issues with them responding. Your well known established insurance companies have been quoting ridiculous prices and I think its time to give the newer companies on the market a chance to prove their worth dealing with.

Rod

RodQueensland

Long wait times

If you like to be on hold for more than 30mins and customer assistance not getting back to you for more than 24hrs then this product is for you. Dont bother buying from this company customer assistance is non existent.

Car ModelAudi A3

vlceptorMelb, Victoria

RIP OFF, did an online quote, Agreed value very low

RIP OFF, did an online quote, same price as my current insurance, but agreed value much lower than market value even though i set it to its highest point at $6000 when market value on my Mazda 3 SP25 is $12,000, they had set the value to $4000 and insurance was only $50 cheaper than my current provider. No thanks

Car ModelMazda 3 SP25

Expensive

Their quote for 1 car was $500 more than I currently insure 2 cars for with my current insurer. The quote for 1 car was also the most expensive I have ever been given for 1 car and more than it cost to insure when it was newer and worth 6 times as much.

Scott moore

Scott mooreSouth East Queensland, QLD

Absolutely crap i would not recommend

Kel

KelSouth East Queensland, QLD

Brilliant service and half price car insurance

Put a quote online and got a call from Maddie almost immediately, i was surprised the insurance was so cheap, you get excellent service, quick transactions and so very happy with our 2 new car insurance policies saving us hundreds of bucks a year.

Car Model1999-2004 Mercedes-Benz MB140D
Jules986

Jules986Sydney, NSW

So many benefits AND good service

Every enquiry bas been answered quickly - when they rang me back and I couldn’t answer they sent me an email I could respond to. Plus low prices, support the environment plus a cause you nominate. No other company donates a cent.

Car ModelHolden Cruze JG

Helen M.

Helen M.asked

Huddle Car Insurance

may I nominate my repairer?

Fired Up
Fired Up

Simply ring and ask

Angie

Angieasked

Huddle Car Insurance

I have a policy with Huddle and just read that if in an accident that I have to pay 1,000 if fixed kilometres are just under or over is this right?

Peter R.
Peter R.

Yes! If you nominate high odo reading at start of insurance (which is fraud) & have an accident you have to pay extra excess. If you have accident after travelling more than kms you nominated you travel, then yes, you have to pay extra excess. If you know you're going to go over your kms you can ring them & tell them & they'll amend your policy.

Aarti

Aartiasked

Huddle Car Insurance

Hi, we bought a new Pajero. Looking for a good car insurance. How is this huddle car insurance to deal with?

Christy
Christy

Hi Aarti,
I did everything online so I really didn’t speak with customer service. But the reviews I read were great. And I’m currently paying $56 a month for a 3 year old Hyundai ix35 4wd. With agreed value at $28000 and excess of $800. I also really like the option of picking my own repairer, as some other companies these days make you use their repairs, which tends to be not the best repair jobs. Hope that bit of info helps!

Paul_E
Paul_E

Hi Aarti,
My only phone dealing with customer service was when I had to make a claim a few months back. They were excellent to deal with and very helpful indeed, and made the entire process of claiming very straightforward.
All my other dealings have been online, and have been equally impressive.
Cheers
Paul

vlceptor

I wouldn't bother with these guys, look online, Google compare car insurance to find best quote. Also note the value insurers will give you, as huddle valued my car less than half the market value. Tried to insure for market value but they only allowed agreed value