X3, X2
See the Best Hatchbacks in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Hyundai

• Comfort
  • Features
Hyundai Owner
Hyundai OwnerGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worthy, Curvy Shape, Cheap, Economical & Iconic But Not Without Their Faults.

Purchased for $1,000.00.

KendrickGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Economical Car

Bob Smith
Bob Smithcentral coast nsw

great little get about car

Very great little car, basic transport and very handy.

Hyundais engines are very reliable and good on fuel. The only time I have seen people have problems they neglected basic maintenance.

If you are in need of a basic get around car this is a great choice for the budget concious.

BadgeGLS

Date PurchasedSept 2016

Alex
AlexAdelaide

Excellent small car

Super cheap to run, $40 to fill up the tank. Has enough power to navigate around town, overtake safely etc.
Never had any reliability problems and is at 220k km.
Used to carry heavy loads, flat tow cars and never complained. Won't find another car as capable or as reliable at the price these are being offered.

BadgeSprint Twin Cam
Date PurchasedNov 2016
Rebecca N
Rebecca NMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Cheap, sure. Mighty expensive to fix though, and mine needed fixing often

I moved to Toyota Corollas about 8 years back now but I still haven't forgotten my first car. Such a petrol waster for the size and measly power - I could barely get up a hill if I had to go 80kph+. The parts are really expensive because they need to be imported so as soon as it got a few years old it cost a fortune to service because there was always something that needed fixing! It is a good first car I guess. I would buy a second-hand cheapie and just run it into the ground. No way i'd pay factory price for anything like that car. Good for learner drivers too ;)

BadgeGLS
Date PurchasedNov 2008
astrogen
astrogenBrisbane

Great little car and inexpensive

BadgeTwin Cam both models
Date PurchasedJune 2010

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

Clara V.
Clara V.30 Nov 2021
how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas

Solid little beast and cheap as chips

I have had excellent service out of manual excel -purchased 8 years ago and it ticks along just fine.
It has never had but the minimum of servicing and apart from a dodgy window mechanism -driver's side-
has never failed.
Plenty of power from a gutsy little motor and lots of boot space.

BodySedan
BadgeLS

Other Hatchbacks

great car at a great price

I have a 1995 excel x3 it has done 330000 kilometers with original motor still going strong the handling is great it has a pokie motor, cheap on fuel and insurance i would recommend one to anyone, fantastic car, i would buy another one in a heart beat, they are great learner cars easy to drive quick little motors, i chipped mine and added induction and exhaust upgraded combined with 98 octane and it keeps up with a vtec all day

BadgeLX

I had my 1996 Hyundai Excel for 17 years

BadgeSprint
Date PurchasedJuly 1998

ive got the 95 exel 5 door

The only problems ive had are normal ware and tare have the auto it generally runs awesome never had problems with gearbox hard to work on for home mechanic but generally a greay little car yes the window regulator stuffs up but simple to fix the door latches break but 30 buks get new one outside ones but hey its an old car they run well cheep on gas spare parts are regularly avaliable but check ive buying one check cv joints they dam expencive

Franksy90
Franksy90Newcastle Australia

Excellent first car. I'd had my excel for 2 years before I actually got my license. It sat in the driveway never being moved only had the engine turned on roughly once a month. Was still perfectly fine when I started driving it every day. It's a fantastic car never had any major problems only had a broken piece of my break which cost only $4 so I wasn't worried. Back seat is just large enough for a baby seat. Therefore lots of room and a large boot. Perfect first car.
Reliable.

pinutzi92
pinutzi92sydney

cannot complain:)

i absolutely adore my excel:)
i have a 1999 excel twin cam sprint , manual drive:) it is very economical e.g $50 to fill my tank with Premium 98 octane fuel.
parts aren't very expensive,
very very reliable, iv had mine for 4 years and (fingers crossed) has not left me stranded,
its got a very zippy engine and quite quick for a small engine:) especially taking off at the lights,

a fantastic first time car, very easy to learn in, would recommend it to anyone and everyone :)
easy drive, non expensive, quick for a small car

BadgeSprint Twin Cam