Hyundai i20

Good Car crap paint job

Bought oct 2015 by nov 2018 paint around rear window peeling off went to Hyundai, they advised common problem take it to this guy to do a quote, jumped through all the hoops , now I don't here back from Hyundai , rang today oh the person looking after is not in. Hyundai good cars crap paint and service is not worth wiping yourself with terrible.

Purchased at James Frizelle's Automotive Group.

Noise Level
BoughtUsed

Great Little Car~

Bought a manual i20 (new) 4 years ago. It's a terrific, zippy little car with excellent fuel economy. Very easy to park. Amazing fuel economy on highway runs! Very reasonable service costs and the 10 year Roadside Assist is a bonus. Such a shame they are no longer being imported into Australia.

Date PurchasedNov 2014

Most uncomfortable seats of any car I've owned!!

The front seats are uncomfortable due to there being a bar across your lower back of both front seats.
Hyundai say they will supply the parts under "Goodwill" but the dealer says I'm to pay for 4 hours labour for the repairs to be done. NEVER will I buy a Hyundai again. Found so called "Customer Care" rude and the polar opposite of the meaning.

Date PurchasedAug 2012

This is the best little car

Love driving this car easy to handle great fuel economy.
Only one thing I can fault is it did not come with cruise control.
Cannot believe they do not make them any more would trade to next model. There is no noise driving it. Services at Hyundai very reasonable. Courtesy car is a great option when working.

Date PurchasedNov 2012

Perfect Single Person Car

Great car.
Easy to keep clean
I have had this car for under a year and it certianly has given me joy and a ease of use. If your looking for a powerful small car this one certainly isn’t the one for you.
Strongly recommend this vehicle for a P player.

BadgeMainstream
Date PurchasedAug 2017

hyundai i20

we have just bought a second hand hyundai i20 from hyundai just 11000 klm on it drives like new still under new car warranty we now have two i20 best little car on the road has a very good trouble free gearbox / auto / we love our little car cheap to run purched from sinclair hyundai penrith they reality look after there customers

Date PurchasedMay 2018
we have not had any problems with our paint work on the car still looks like new after 5 years we keep it garaged

Good car; disappointing paintwork

This is my 4th Hyundai and I have been happy with it generally in the sense that it is economical with fuel and has never broken down. However the quality of the paintwork is extremely disappointing. The car is not even 5 years old yet and the paint has come off on both the front and back bumpers. The paint has just worn off in parts and you can see the black plastic underneath. I've put a pic of the front as my profile picture so you can see (and it's worse at the back). This is not from heavy washing or scrubbing (it is only ever hand washed with a soft cloth). I assumed that this would be covered by the 5 yr warranty, but turns out that the paint warranty only lasts 3 years. It's disappointing as it's clearly not normal wear. Their standards have clearly dropped since the last Hyundais I bought. I have taken it back to the place of purchase and they are seeking a response about whether Hyundai will repair the damage for me. I'll update when I receive a response.

BadgeElite
Date PurchasedApr 2013
Further to this, I have heard back from Hyundai that they are not willing to do anything to repair the faulty paint :( Their response was just that it is out of the 3 year paint warranty. I guess they now design their paint to last 3 years before peeling off. It's a shame - I have had 3 previous Hyundais and didn't have this problem. Their standards have clearly dropped.

Perfect City Car

Perfect for someone to roam around in the city. Great average with ample space for a family of 4. Got it serviced recently, service charges not that high as well. Bought mine from Hyundai Werribee. They explained all the features and also offered a pretty good discount for the services. Best city car

Date PurchasedMar 2015

Such A Great Little Vehicle And So Inexpensive To Run And Also Extremely Comfortable And Runs Extrem

Such a great little vehicle, very easy to drive,extremely comfortable , plenty of room front and back,dashboard is easy to read . The running costs and maintenance of the vehicle are very reasonable. I purchased it secondhand but it still looks and feels like brand new.Would never consider purchasing anything else but hyundai !

Date PurchasedFeb 2014

Perfect car for the fuel saver

Handles well and is reliable. The clutch is amazing and so smooth.

Bluetooth calls are awesome. I love bluetooth music. Makes things extra convenient.

the turning circle isn't amazing. but I save so much on petrol. I find i only need to fill up every 3 weeks. Which is really good for saving.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Zippy little car

Excellent fuel economy.
Wish it would download my phone book. Otherwise Bluetooth connectivity is great.
After market cruise control not ideal as it revvs the engine too hard.
I have found that the auto trans slips a little.
Tidy little cheap runner with good ac and heating.
Steering wheel controls would have been good
Also miss my tinted windows as the heat coming in is harsh and my viser is not adequate to block the sun

Engine Size1.6L
Date PurchasedJun 2017

Great first car!

Great first car, new or used!
I bought mine new (it was a barely used display car) in 2015 - super reliable!
If you want a cheap car that's reliable, this is it. By 45000km, only had to replace tires and brake pads.
Handles well, brakes definitely work (had a couple of near misses, which this car handled with ease).
Struggles a bit with 5 grown adults in the car, but otherwise would recommend as a first car or a stand-by 2nd car.
Typical 30 minute work commute and short errands means the petrol tank lasts about a week - usually about 40 dollars to fill a full tank.
Hatch back definitely holds all the groceries.
I've taken it country as well and it's great - but definitely not a car for pot-holes.

Great small car

Brought our car new in 2014,hasnt missed a beat . But like any car you need to change the front brake pads around the 30k mark on the autos. All the pads and rotors are available locally from Bendix etc and will save a fortune compared to original. The motor is a 1.4lt and is great for a city runaround, the people who want to haul around 4 people on a regular basis might want to look for a bigger car like the i30. Cheap and cheerful, great on fuel,easy to park.Capped price servicing ,and got an 8 year extended warranty thrown in.A no brainer.

Date PurchasedAug 2014

Good city car

Very smooth car to drive around in. The steering wheel is easy to turn and the car is light, making it easy to drive in suburban areas. It has heaps of wonderful features- my favourite is the car automatically locks the doors once you start driving. Another feature is if you unlock the car but do not open the doors within a certain timeframe, the car will automatically lock itself. I've had this car for almost a year now (second-hand) and have not had any major problems with it mechanically.
The downfall is the car is not very powerful and really struggles uphill or with extra weight inside the car. Sometimes the stereo requires a code (some anti theft thing), although I doubt a code will deter thieves from stealing... The car is small and there is not much legroom for the back seats.
This is best suited for a single person and would make a wonderful first car.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

What a prefect car

First of all thank you to Hyundai company to product this car !! I really likes it. It is so smooth to drive. The great part of this car is less fuel consumption. The interior is also so good. It is my first car and i m sure to bye one more product from Hyundai company very soon for my family.

No customer service

The i20 has done only 30,000 klms but is out of warranty. Now the complete rack and pinion steering needs to be replaced due to a fault. We have tried 3 different steering mechanics who all tell us only Hyundai can do it at a great cost. Hyundai serviced the vehicle only 300 klms ago and there is no mention of any steering issue then. Now they just shrug their shoulders and say it's our problem as it is out of warranty. Don't we service our cars to pick up potential problems early???
Also the paint has faded on the front bumper and mirrors and is almost non existent now. On other parts of the car the green color has completely changed. Cheap cheap cheap!!! Stay away from Hyundai. There is no customer service and they are just throw away cars.

Date PurchasedOct 2010

Great first car

My daughter has recently got her license and we wanted a car that ticked all the boxes and thic car does this
5 star ancap rating
Great fuel economy
Easy to drive
With Hyundai proven reliability it was hard to go past. We have a i30sr and a i40 Crdi already which we love driving and the i20 is no different The car is still under manufacturing warranty and we have been to Hyundai for some cosmetic issues like chrome door handles peeling and Hyundai replaced for free.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Very good car and very easy to drive

When we moved here in Perth from sydney this car i20 is one of the most amazing car I've ever since. Its so easy to drive and very affordable the performance is simply the best as this car never gave us any troubles. Its so lovely and highly recommended to our friends

BadgePremium
Date PurchasedMar 2014

Good small car

I Bought car march 2012, since then I have done 98k kms, brakes were very dusty and needed replace rotors at same time around 35k kms could not be machined so hyundai puts cheap rotors to start.

Car performace is ok for running around alone or 2 people, but put 4 extra people on it and go up hill car gets very lazy and needs to be floored.

Got a failed shock absorber in rear at 98k kms which damaged tyres, bad thing dealer service not said anything about leaky shock doubt a full sudden failure, independant repair plus 2 tyres $600.

I get around 600kms with 40 liters petrol mixed driving.

Date PurchasedMar 2012

Great first car

I purchased the i20 brand new as my first car, and so far have had no issues. It is fairly good on fuel, although does use more due to only having 4 speeds (should be a 5th minimum like most cars). Goes okay on the open roads although severely lacks power which can be frustrating when going up hills in peak hour when there are cars behind you that are fast approaching. I own the auto and it doesn't like being moved up into a higher gear when approaching said hills, that's for sure. It lacks basic necessities that most cars these days have, such as steering wheel buttons and a touch screen, but the basic bluetooth audio system works great and always connects to your phone easily and with no hassles. Bass is actually really quite good, which both surprised and impressed me.