Hyundai i30 GD

Hyundai i30 GD (2012-2016)

• Braking
  • Boot Size
  • Comfort
  • Features

I30 Junk - After sales service is worse than the car

I purchased the car new. After 2 months it developed creaking noises from the rear. I lost count of the amount of times that I took it back to the dealer. After 4 years of failed attempts for the dealer to try to identify or repair the problem they said they don't know how to fix it and told me to stop bringing the car back. Terrible car. Worse service. Never buy a Hyundai

Purchased in June 2016 for $25,000.00.

peter venz
peter venzSouth East Queensland, QLD

Rabbit 1. Hyundai I30 Zero.

Look it's a great little car for driving around town but today we bit a Rabbit (hare) on the road and the whole front fender smashed to pieces. Never have I seen a car fall apart from hitting a little fluffy rabbit. And the whole front piece needs to be replaced. They need to be built a little stronger surely.

• +1Thumbnail

Purchased in January 2016 for $25,000.00.

Alex
AlexSydney, NSW

Great car and never misses a beat

I use this car to travel to work and home. Also family transport. It never stops. Service it every 10000kms. It is built well, very reliable and very comfortable. Has all the bells and whistles even though it is the base model. . I just replace factory tyres 6 months ago(Bury in mind we are in November 2020 now and I bought it in 2015). I have never replaced the factory brake pads as of yet. It doesn't use a drop of oil. I would recommend this car to anyone who want a reliable hatch back. It has a little 1.8 litre petrol engine and a 6 speed automatic.

Purchased in November 2015 at Hyundai Dealers for $22,000.00.

Simon
SimonChristchurch, NZ

Has its good and bad points

Purchased in January 2020 for $15,000.00.

Caitlin W
Caitlin WGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Long term owner, no regrets!

Have owned my 2016 activex since new and it has been amazing. I have had no mechanical issues with the car, and have been impressed with servicing through Hyundai as each service has been the exact capped cost with no surprises! Had a slight issue early on with carplay/Bluetooth and bad call quality, however this was rectified promptly with a software update within the cars system. Car drives beautiful both in the city and country highways, nice and quiet and smooth. Very happy with the car and plan on keeping it (even though when I purchased I intended to upgrade at the 4-5 year mark). Boot is very spacious and the flat fold rear seats have been very handy when moving house and could fit large items such as a TV cabinet and hall table!

Purchased in December 2016 for $20,800.00.

Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews
Lara
LaraGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

The design is nice but it's not a robust car

I liked the design and features, however the car is very tinny any minor impact results in a big damage. I find the quality of steel is not the same as in German or even most Japanese cars.

Purchased in September 2014.

MrsBuckley5
MrsBuckley5Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Love my i30!

I purchased the car in 2013. I was concerned about a smaller car after having had a Magna sedan and a Ford wagon (work car). I need not have worried. It is the best car I have ever had. I love it. It is so roomy, front and especially in the back for passengers' legs. I do short, medium and long trips and it has never let me down. The car is serviced yearly. I drive it most days. It is as good as if I had brought it yesterday. Not sure that today's car would match this one! Plenty of boot room. Great fuel economy - 9.5/100KM. Would recommend this car, even for a second car.

Purchased in June 2013 at Nunawading Hyundai for $29,990.00.

Shanelle Lawrence
Shanelle LawrenceSydney, NSW

Not a single issue. I love my car!

I purchased my Hyundai i30 GD Series II back in 2016 and I haven't had a single issue since.
It still runs like it is brand new! The customer service I received from Hyundai when buying my car was amazing and I am so glad I chose this car.

I have always kept my services regular and not once have I had any problems. The internal sound recording system is my favorite part!! I can record any songs I love on the radio or my phone and listen to them later.

Purchased in January 2016 at Sinclair Hyundai Penrith for $26,000.00.

GiG
GiGVIC, 3109

Running good since 2010

In the beginning, I under estimate Korean car. I bought SLX 2.0L Fuel model that came with leather steering cover and leather gear handle.
It's been 9 years still running great. low maintenance service. Big space for luggage.
The fuel ratio is around 10/100KM.

Heather
HeatherPerth, WA

Wouldn't drive any other car but my i30 !!

My i30 is dependable, comfortable, speedy, economic on fuel, looks good, mechanically sound and never had a problem with it in over 4 years of ownership :o)
I drive it every day, some short and some long trips - good as gold.
I have my i30 serviced twice a year and the mechanic always gives me great reports.
There's a lot of cars out there, I'd thoroughly recommend my i30 - 100% :o)

Purchased in May 2015 at Hyundai Osborne Park.

Ellie B.
Ellie B.Perth, WA

Perfcet

lOVE MY I30 WAGON ...
I have done 100km in my I30 and its still immaculate.
I am due for a service, fuel great as i'm traveling 90min a day to work and usually fill up one a week.

Purchased in August 2018 for $12,000.00.

Ivy
IvySydney, NSW

Peeling steering wheel

My car is used on a daily basis for private use and I am the only driver.
I haven't even done 50,000kms in my car and I am having this problem with my peeling steering wheel.
My car is serviced regularly by the same mechanic.

Purchased in March 2014 for $22,999.00.

W Smeets
W Smeets

TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS - 78,000 km's

Purchased in November 2017 for $13,088.00.

Michael
MichaelSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good car but disappointing Hyundai Customer Care

My Hyundai I30 has done 45,000km and at its' service I noticed a paint defect (see photo) on the column behind the driver's seat. The Hyundai dealer sent photos to Hyundai and I communicated with their Customer Care as well. Two panel beaters said the defect was due to "exteranl influences" - ? rubbing. I have driven for more than 50 years and have never had this issue before. The only thing I can guess as a possible cause was the seat belt flicking back and hitting this column when released, when the car was new.
Hyundai have declined to assist me in any way. The repair will cost $150. Their attitude is disappointing as I do not feel that I have caused the defect by recklessness or lack of care.

Purchased in April 2016.

Justin
Justin

Great little car, a few minor issues however

BodyHatch