Hyundai Veloster FS

Hyundai Veloster FS (2012-2017)

See the Best Hatchbacks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

One problem after another!

Purchased at Parramatta Motor Group.

BoughtNew
Year2017

Soph

Soph

Appalling aftersale customer service

I use my 2015 Hyundai Veloster every day to do many kms due to my work. The car unfortunately has a lot of manufacturing issues. I have had just about everything replaced / repaired on the car under “ new car warranty “. To have things fixed it is an absolute fight and my local Hyundai dealership Darwin motor group are extremely unethical and tried to lie telling me my 5 year new car warranty was expired when in fact it hasn’t. Don’t be fooled by the “ new car warranty “ like I was and think it would easy to use.

TransmissionManual
Date PurchasedAug 2018

Dolly1869Sydney

Bad service

I loved my Veloster until it left me stranded the other night after 3 months and only 4000 km. Dealer thought it was the alternator. Replaced the alternator and it's still not going with the dealer not knowing why. It has been 5 days now and I'm spending 4 hours a day on public transport as the dealer says they don't have a loan car to give me. Ironically, my 10 year old Honda Civic never had a glitch. Very unimpressed with Hyundai's attitude - basically, they don't care.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Dolly1869

I've finally been given a loan car until my car is fixed- they don't know when this will be.

honestysydney

BLUETOOTH PHONE INTERFACE VERY DANGEROUS

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Good but not perfect

The car is built on the old Elantra. They did the best they could. The fact it is one of the top selling cars in Australia in its class. The interior is pretty good and the 1.6 Turbo engine has no peers in its class. I think I will look forward to the new model based on the new platform that the i30 is. It will be great and get 5 stars. The dual clutch is pretty nice and lets face it. It shytes on the VW and Ford.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

HorseSydney

Poor radio reception

The dealer that I purchased the car from blamed the poor radio reception on the signal strength from the radio transmitter. The towers were less than one kilometer away.
I have now taken the car to another dealer who is trying to be helpful. The aerial was disconnected and an external one used. The result was that all is now satisfactory. When the aerial in the glass of the rear window was reconnected the reception was again pitiful. The dealer was unable to do more until the tint was removed from the window. The tint has now been removed - same result. The problem appears to be the aerial on the glass is not fit for purpose. We shall see!!!

BadgeStreet
Date PurchasedFeb 2017

PaulR

PaulRCanberra

A fantastic Car with a very smooth drive

AN excellent Car for around the City or on the Highway. This thing purrs when you put your foot down and won't equally burn a hole in your wallet fuel wise. Comfortably getting about 450km's + when driving around the City.
Upsides are many with the rear passenger side door providing a discrete cabin for your kids to climb in and out of. Nicely appointed dashboard and interior leather also adding a nice luxury touch.
Downside for me would have to be the 7,500 service intervals which is expected for a turbo model.

Date PurchasedJun 2015

MK2600

MK2600Canberra 2600, ACT

Smart and sporty

I love my Veloster turbo. I've had the car since brand new in May 2014.
A great vehicle for a one child family too.
Sleek designs and a very responsive engine. Wouldn't change any aspect of the car.
Reliability is excellent and I've had no issues since purchase. The car is great around town or for a long drive alike.
Fuel usage City 8-8.5 litres per 100
Fuel usage Highway 6-7 litres per 100

Date PurchasedMay 2014

JockSydney, NSW

Great car with a very few minor niggles. Highly recommended

Date PurchasedJun 2013
Jock

I have now had the radio/satnav replaced under warranty yet another unit replaced

Love my veloster 2016 Street

I had a 2013 FS+ which i loved, i had no problems with it all. Loved it so much that i just upgraded to the 2016 Street. This car has everything, heated and cooling seats which are great for a Perth summer. It drives amazing and when i put my foot down it pushes me back in my seat. Super economical, i get 650ks out of a tank which costs around $60. It is so comfortable, i cant fault it. Look forward to driving it everyday. Looks sexy as hell with its black rims which came standard and its dark blue metalic paint.

BadgeStreet
Date PurchasedSep 2016

Corinne

Corinne

I love mine except for one thing....

Date PurchasedJun 2013

Absolutely love my car!

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Love My Voloster

Had my 2014 Voloster for 2years now and it's never missed a beat. Fuel efficient plus and an absolute pleasure to drive. I have a black car and even though it looks great, certainly not good for the tropics, however I never got paint protection or interior as heard it's a load of rubbish considering the extra cost plus in Darwin it's required every 3 months. No dramas with leather interior considering our humidity. My only fault I can pick on is the colour I chose but my next volester I will know better....go white in the tropics

Motor and electrical problems

Couple months later started noticing that sometimes it didn't want to go. After the check engine light came on while trying to pass and the car was revving but not going anywhere I took it in and they couldn't findacode to show anything was wrong. Car shut off took it back and still couldn't figure it out.

Laura MillikenPerth

Motor issues Hyundai Veloster

Major issues with my Veloster needs a new motor after 39,0000 kilometres . Until this happened to my car I was in love with it . Great car to drive , now disappointed and it has been 5 weeks off the road still waiting for a motor to come from Korea .

Shelly

Shelly

A dangerous dud!!

GPS system replaced and still doesnt work properly
Brake shuddering and grinding which service dept has said they cant see anything wrong
Tyre burst after going over a shallow pothole.
Radio reception poor (even after being replaced)
Response from Dealership appalling
Side mirrors block view
So disappointed after spending so much money and only done 8,000k

John G

John G

Amazing car

Have had the car for a week now and done 600km of mixed urban/highway and mojntain driving. The veloster turbo is a lot of fun to drive. Fuel efficient when not driven overly aggressively. Handles well and is quite room. I'm 6'4 and my wife is 5'2 and both of us can drive it very comfortably. I'd recommend this car to anyway looking for a fun little hatch with all the European bells and whistles but without the European price.

SaraLethbridge Park

Never buy a Hyundai

Crap

Learher falling apart. Most uncomfortable ride with clunking on left hand side, paint is so thin that it scratches so easily All this and only four months old. I have the turbo one and do a lot of km. Talk to customer service to be told it's not a car for doing distances. Very unhappy

Good but not great

I bought my 2013 Veloster Turbo back in December 2013 it's currently at 8000mi, interior I rate a 3 and exterior I rate 5. The leather seat on driver's side showing a lot of wear. My driver's side speaker has blown. At 8000mi I have poor traction because of mediocre tires, my passenger windows don't roll down. The seat up and down adjuster doesn't work. I'm dreading what's coming at 12,000 miles. Made a huge mistake buying a red car it's almost impossible to keep clean. Frustrated consumer. Didn't have any problems with my Accent and my Sonata.

Ian perkins

Ian perkinsasked

Over all I'm thinking of buying a 2013 turbo are they any good?

Kezza

Kezzaasked

So I’ve been told the car is gutless, I’m looking at buying a 2015 turbo auto my16 FS II Veloster
A
Would love to know your thoughts?

Dolly1869

I only have a base model Veloster and have to agree that it doesn't have a lot of power. However, I don't need or want a powerful car. I'm sure the turbo model would be better. It's a great little car overall.

Tex Mex

the non turbo is average but the turbo is very good. However go for the veloster N or i30 N

honesty

Mine is a non turbo yep it's gutless. Friends call it the sewing machine. I wanted a small economical car and that's what it is no more no less. After having it a year now, my disappointments are that it has no sat nav, I find the ride very hard due to the low profile tyres and it's very noisy in the cabin compared to our other family car. Plenty of room in the back from passengers under 5'2 - others will be very cramped.

Mick N

Mick Nasked

Nav won't change it's start point. Just keeps showing an address that we are no where near. Any ideas?

Hi Mick
I am also having problems with my sat. nav. as well as the AM radio. I am unable to offer a solution
Kind regards
Horse (Graham)

Philip Wibaux
Philip Wibaux

Get the sofware update and do it before three years when the warranty expires for the radio and satnav.

Get an answer from our members and Hyundai representatives

CategoryHatchbacks
Starting Price $29,990
TransmissionDual-Clutch (DCT) and Manual
Drive TypeFront Wheel Drive (FWD)
Fuel TypePetrol