Icon By Design

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (2) · No (90)
  • Product Appearance As advertised (84) · Not as advertised (3)

Suzanne R.

Suzanne R.Sydney, NSW

Family Traditions start here...

Store LocationMoore Park Supa Centre
Shirley

ShirleyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Quality products and wonderful service

Recently purchased a dining set from their Richmond store. In-store customer service was friendly and helpful. Had minor issue after receiving the product (the delivery experience was very smooth as they kept us updated with the progress). The icon by design team quickly responded and the issue was fast resolved. It made us feel they not only take pride of what they do but also care about their customers. We would definitely recommend them to others for their quality products and awesome customer service.

Store LocationMelbourne Richmond

Excellent service

So very happy with new dining table and also the fantastic service offered by Icon By Design. Hope to be a return customer soon.

Spence

SpenceMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great product and service

I ordered my TV unit online and was most impressed with the communication and updates re delivery progress. The unit has exceeded my expectations, it’s well made and very stylish. I’ve just ordered a matching coffee table which is about as good a recommendation as you can get.

BillR

BillRSydney, NSW

Paid in full - Still no sign of delivery!

I paid for my new furniture in store in full. I was told it was on consignment and would be delivered end of October. As I hadn't heard a thing from the company I chased it up. I was told it was stuck in Sydney port due to delays in customs clearance. It's now, 21st November and they are still saying the same thing. Why this company does not hold stock in a warehouse in Australia beggars belief. You pay a premium for the furniture and delivery up front, but they don't seem to care cause they got my money! Hugely disappointing.

Store LocationSupa Centre Moore Park
Lucy

LucySydney, NSW

Wonderful Experience

We have had several different pieces over the years and most recently the Svend Entertainment Unit - Solid Oak - 240x45x50cm - White/Grey Doors delivered. The piece is perfect for our space and when we had a question the online help was great. Highly recommend Icon by Design

WOO

WOOSouth East Queensland, QLD

Beautifully made furniture...I have a wish list!

The Icon furniture I bought is lovely and so well made! I bought a Walnut Jensen stool for my office and it is very comfortable and goes great with my walnut desk (purchased when living overseas)
I love the simplicity of the design lines, excellent quality, built to last and adaptable for different rooms and functions.
I chose the pick up option from the Brisbane Warehouse and this was a very simple and easy process.
I have a wish list for future furniture purchases from Icon by Design including the walnut dining room chairs to match my American made Walnut table...I love the beauty and colour of the wood.
For purchasing online , sight unseen I love my purchase!

Marija

MarijaBrisbane

Beautiful furniture!

Some of the furniture we purchased from the online store got delivered yesterday. We are very happy with the purchase! Sven sideboard, Frida nesting tables, Magnus coffee table, and Jensen stools are all of excellent quality, timeless design, look beautiful and fit in perfectly!

Alemka Russell

Alemka RussellFar North Queensland, QLD

Icon Furniture Purchase

The Icon furniture l bought is beautifully crafted and very well designed. The style and finishes will always look great particularly over time and with changing decore trends. Delivery to my house in Cairns was efficient and timely. Assembly was easy and straight forward. Will definately buy from Icon again.

Carl R.

Carl R.Sydney, NSW

Stylish furniture that is actually comfortable

We shopped around for a few months before setting foot in Icon By Design, but boy we are glad we did. Beautifully curated store with excellent finishings to their products. We bought a Scandi-style table with 6 fabric chairs, and we get comments from everyone who sits at our table about how good it looks, and how comfortable it is. Will definitely be shopping there again for future pieces.

Store LocationKensington
K8kate75

K8kate75

We love our new furniture!

We purchased from the online store the Frida nesting tables and the Jonas 2x2 display shelf. We are thrilled with both of these products. The quality is excellent and they are both such a great design. We cannot fault them. They fit perfectly in our space here in our home. I am already keen to purchase more furniture from Icon by Design. The whole process, from ordering to delivery, has been very easy and hassle free.

MJs

MJsSydney, NSW

I am very happy with my purchase. The desk is beautiful, very good quality.

I found the product I wanted. I paid extra to have the deliverer assemble the desk. I was very happy with the delivery service.

predrag

predragSouth East Queensland, QLD

Item paid 50% in August, promised for end of October. Now for the next year....

Not received items I paid (50%) in August for the end of October. New possible delivery date the next year. Paid 6000AUD in advance.

Kylie

KylieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Round table for study area

Table is perfect to create a separate space for home schooling in our rumpus room. Service was excellent. Selected for higher price due to available and really pleased as quality is excellent.

Elizabeth Blaszczyk

Elizabeth BlaszczykGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The perfect service!

In the Melbourne lockdown I’ve ordered a bed from Icon by Design online. I was more than pleased when the store staff kept me up to date all the way and insured my bed was delivered in the time that suited my needs. I would not hesitate to recommend the business to friends and family as not only do Icon by Design offer beautiful furniture but the service is second to none.

Love our new bedroom

Online store was great to navigate, clear pics, beautiful furniture of a high quality at great prices. We are thrilled with our purchase despite not seeing these items in person first!

Sarah Cooper

Sarah CooperSydney, NSW

Excellent customer service and amazing products.

I changed my order several times and the online service was amazing. Staff were very happy to help me change the order and went out of their way to make sure I got exactly what I wanted. Everything arrived quicker than anticipated and the product was even better than I thought it was. I’ve been admiring through the website for years and the table and chairs I purchased are fantastic. Well worth the money. Beautiful forever-pieces, very well crafted, and super sturdy. I am very happy with them and will now be lusting after more items.

Ash

AshSydney, NSW

Our Favourite Household Item!

Our Icon By Design experience was exceptional. First we went to the physical store whereby the staff were excellent in terms of customer service. Subsequently, the order process online was simple and easy - then our new TV cabinet arrived already assembled and just needed to be unboxed. Won’t be long until we order our next item from Icon By Design!

Product AppearanceAs advertised

Great customer service and beautiful furniture

We visited the Sydney store and had the most amazing customer service experience.
We ordered a bed, two bedside tables, two armchairs and one foot stool.
We were kept up to date with the process of our purchase which arrived in time. The delivery and assembly was done quickly efficiently.

Store LocationMoore Park, Sydney
Po21

Po21South East Queensland, QLD

Love Icon By Design Furniture

This is the second time I've made an order online for furniture by Icon, and the third piece of furniture I've purchased.

Icon's furniture is of superb quality and beautifully made, and competitively priced. Shipping costs to Brisbane are also reasonable (especially when compared to some of the larger, well known furniture chains!). Customer service has been spot on when purchasing both times. Love supporting an Australian business, and will happily buy from Icon again.

Thanks!

Rachael

Rachaelasked

Hello there,

I am considering pre ordering one of your Arne Vodder entertainment units, can you confirm what country they are manufactured in?

Catherine Y
Catherine Y

Their products are manufactured in China. Be careful as they don't honour their return policy. I bought a dining table in walnut from them having seen a sample in their showroom. This was $2k dining table, which arrived nothing like what they have in showroom. Showroom's one looks nicely polished, ours looks like it has just been sandpapered and shipped off. No quality control and after lots of emails even to the owner was offered $1.3k refund as they claimed they cannot sell it to others even though we put it straight into original packaging and was never assembled. I did their online review in their website and it was never published. Will report them to ACCC and Fair Trading for their false advertising, misleading and deceptive conduct.

It's an interesting story. I'll break it into 3 parts:

1. We have a clean simple, timeless design ethos, typified by Scandinavian / Modern Australian design.
2. We focus on sustainability in raw material and manufacturing sourcing, so we get our American Oak and American Walnut from FSC Certified sources in the USA.
3. We believe in quality through craftsmanship, however, the cost can be a major challenge. To address this we have our products manufactured at craftsman facilities in China. Most people think of China as low cost and questionable quality. However, China has a very long history of craftsmanship, that we have tapped into.

I guess that's a long answer to a short question!

If you have any other questions, I'd be happy to answer them.

Get an answer from our members and Icon By Design representatives

Compare all 2 Icon By Design
CategoryOnline Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture Shops
Type of Furniture OfferedBedroom, Dining, Living and OfficeBedroom, Dining, Living and Office
Compare all 2 Icon By Design