4.1 (4,127)
    4.3 (3,586)
    4.3 (4,209)
  • Adequate Speeds Yes (85%) · No (15%)

No problems whatsoever

No issues or dropouts. Installation was faultless and The whole process from start to finish was easy and trouble free. I would recommend iiNet as an Internet provider with no hesitation.

Contract Type6-month contract
Customer ServiceiiNet

Inconsistent and frustrating customer service

Have been with iiNet for 11 years and have found that their customer service has plummeted to a new low. On hold or waiting for call back for more than an hour only to be put on hold several other times for long periods without any real reason. Some staff are very helpful but most are poor listeners, dismissive of what you say, lack technical advice and give inaccurate information on length of time of delivery of products etc seemingly to get you off the phone. Totally sick of being told lies so I’m leaving and finding another provider today.

Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Start DateJune 2008
Angie
Angie

I have tried responding to the iiOnline address above but told it’s an invalid address

Erin44

Erin44Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Excellent Service iiNet

Start DateJanuary 2006
Bill

BillMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Ordering new service

I am a long term customer of Adam. NBN is due in June. I contacted iiNet my email on Saturday to see what plans are available. I signed up on Wednesday. iiNet could not have been more helpful or prompt.

Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)

criminalazkaban

criminalazkabanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Terrible Customer Care (Ezra)

Connection TypeHFC (Cable)

Alex Wilson

Alex Wilson

Sorry to be leaving

Never had a problem ever, would like to keep being a customer but doing the grey nomad thing for a couple of years, will definitely come back to iiNet when we settle down again

Merv

MervPerth, WA

Support for Problems

I was having problems with my Email, I raised the issue by web form and within a couple of days I received a phone call from a support Tech who was very helpful and professional. He talked me through a resolution and even provided tips on how to improve my usage of the tool across PC and iPad. He then checked out my application for NBN service and provided a few tips for ensuring we get the best service we can when we get connected in this area. Overall a very productive and pleasant experience.

Start DateJanuary 1996

Brian

BrianNorthern Region, NSW

never any issues

Have been with iinet for many years. Swapped to NBN and have not had any issues or major dropouts.(only few minor losses). Any communication with iinet has been professional and efficient. Would not hesitate to recommend.

ShewyGoldfields, WA

Overall satisfaction

Yes I have had dropouts but so has every other provider. I have been using iiNet for some years now and I find it to meet my needs. I don't need super stellar speeds as I am not a gamer. However my son is and he has a play station 4 that goes through my modem. He seems to think it is ok, but I guess the more speed the better for that sort of thing. At the end of the day, I have had very good assistance when I have had problems in the past. The help was great. The only issue I have is that every time someone rings up for help, if the wait time is going to be long, then they should have a call back from the provider so they don't have to be hanging on the line for long periods.

Connection TypeI don't know
Shewy

When is iinet going to get into the mobile phone service, aka Telstra, optus etc. That way us consumers would be able to bundle the whole shebang with you guys.

• ADSL

Poor customer service, no internet connection for 3 months

Start DateAugust 2017
Sam
Sam

The right service

My iiNet service has been great. Like all things there are occasionally problems but the support staff are fantastic. Super helpful and willing to stick with you until your problem is fixed.

Start DateJanuary 2016

Aldo

AldoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Quality Service

I have been with iiNet for 3 years now and have not once had any issues with adsl coverage. Any time I have required assistance for the Fetch service or assistance for passwords retrieval etc iiNet have been fantastic in assisting me. Their staff are not only friendly, they have solved my issues immediately. Highly recommend this company!

Contract Type12-month contract

ChristineTasmania

the best we've had.

Really good service. Good technical support. Helpful with any issues. Our family all like using the iiNet internet service. We have experienced some dropouts but they have been resolved in a timely manner.

thankyou

Very pleased

To date very happy with my NBN plan. Have had the occasional drop out in the beginning but very few lately. When tested the speed is within an acceptable range. Whenever I have had a problem and contacted the support staff the have been very helpful in resolving the problem.

Over 4 years happy

I have been a customer for over 4 years now only ever needed to call maybe 4 times and each time the servoce has been amazing, they listen and have always been able to solve my minor issues. With kids we have many devices at once using the wi fi and no drop outs it's great. I have cable and very happy to stay with them. Thanks guys.

Start DateSeptember 2016
Nicky

NickyPerth, WA

Great Support

David G

David GFar North Queensland, QLD

Great support from Iinet

Over time there have been several issues with my NBN and in each case, the iinet support staff acted courteously, efficiently and were able to solve my problems. My NBN is now working at the fastest speed that I have experienced, i.e. 45.49 and 19.07. Iinet is definitely "The No1 in Customer Service.

Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)

MickDNorth Queensland, QLD

Pay more for business, get worse service

I've had a business plan for more than a few years but for the second time now, their evening support staff have refused to help me and told me to call back in business hours. My business doesn't run on normal hours. My customers are global. Iinet have technicians working who were quite capable of helping with my problem but chose not to because I don't have a residential plan. I have the more expensive business plan.
Not for much longer!

Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Start DateJanuary 2012
MickD

I don't recall getting a reference number the first night. When I tried again last night and spoke to business support, they gave me ref 344632798

Nicholas Peter Aitken

Nicholas Peter AitkenGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Becoming a member???? A total waste of your time

Connection TypeWireless
Start DateDecember 2019
Customer ServiceiiNet

It is quite amazing to me, by me placing a real, from the heart derogatory review about Iinet of how quickly you made contact, when I have been trying since last Tuesday to make contact with Iinet in Australia to resolve my situation.

Rosie

RosieSydney, NSW

The best tech support

I am a very new customer of iiNet. Recently we had 2 very bad storms in Sydney and both times I lost electricity for many days and in the 2nd storm my router was fried. I needed to call iiNet's technical support both times to have my new router configured. I can't fault the service or the patience of the staff (I am an untechnical older lady). They even called me back the next day to make sure everything was okay.
I am also very happy with the quality and speed of my NBN service. I am using NBN via satellite.

Start DateDecember 2019
Customer ServiceiiNet

Fantastic! Thanks so much for your review and appreciation for our customer service team, Rosie! It's wonderful to hear and we value your lovely feedback. - Tal

David Mitchellasked

At the time of switching to iiNet NBN50 & VOIP, I was assured that I would keep my old landline telephone number of 40 years. However, as this never occured is there anyway of recovering and reinstating my old landline telephone number?

Hi David,

If the old number hasn't been put into quarantine or re-used by the voice wholesaler, then we can try to recover it, though we can't guarantee this.

Please feel free to make direct contact with us via our Social Media e-mail address iiOnline@iinet.net.au with your details and mentioning your review. We'll do the best we can to help with this!

David Mitchell

Leo, thanks and I will do as you suggest. However, I have made similar requests in the past but with no action.

Kind regards

David

Customer ServiceiiNet

Thanks David! We look forward to being able to lend a hand.

Milan D.asked

How do you call people who charge you for waiting for delivery of modem and setting up the connection? You guys send me invoice after two weeks of using NBN service. When we were about to make a deal and when I specifically asked will I be charged until the service is provided answer was NO. And then...

Hi Milan,

We're always happy to lend a hand here. If you can reply with an invoice or reference number, we can use this to locate your account and organise help.

Milan D.

I already have done that through the call center. Each and every time I was advised that I will not be charged, but lets try again. This is my lates invoice number 696880183

Hi Milan,

Thank you!

We can't go into specifics here, due to privacy and security reasons, but as a general guide, your first invoice will contain your setup and hardware costs (if applicable) as well as your first month of service, as connections are charged for a month in advance.

Once connected, you're then credited back for the time that you were without a connection (for instance, if you pay for a month in advance and the connection takes two weeks, we'll credit you back for the remaining two weeks) and the invoicing continues, a month in advance, from there.

Dave Thomson

Dave Thomsonasked

Do you still use that awful south african non existent "support"team ?

Warren Davey
Warren Davey

Dave,
I do not call the "support team", I dial the iiNet assistance number and a recorded message asks me to select 'technical support' or 'Billing enquiry' etc.
Hope this answers your question.

Hi Dave,

We most certainly to still have our Support teams in Cape Town and we're extremely proud of them and the work they do. If there is an issue that you'd like to discuss, you're always welcome to reply here with a reference or invoice number and we can arrange further assistance.

Alternatively, you are always welcome to engage us via our Social Media e-mail address: iiOnline@iinet.net.au. Please be sure to include your details and mention your question here, so we can lend a hand.

Gary Bloomfield
Gary Bloomfield

I have nothing but praise for the support team

Get an answer from our members and iiNet representatives

Other Internet Service Providers