Verifiediinet.net.au

Home Wireless Broadband
Almund
AlmundGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC6 posts

Blackmail

So iinet ‘system’ knows how to shut down client on a Saturday, should payment be delayed.
That same iiNet ‘system’ knows how to erroneously direct debit incorrect amounts on a Saturday.
But that same iiNet ‘system’ doesn’t know how to immediately refund the amounts erroneously debited- that it takes up to 5 business days to refund the same money that took it less than 12hrs to withdraw from my account, even after speaking to 2 different customer service reps? Please make it make sense.

iinet always causes such inconveniences on a Saturday morning where no resolve can be found on the day.
That is black mail

Thievery I dare say ! Show details

iiNet   DM

Hey Almund, We can help get you back up and running again, as well as sort out your payments. So that we can fix this up, please email us at iiOnline@iinet.net.au and we'll have this taken care of.

margiwombok
margiwombokSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts
Katherine
KatherineSydney, NSW

Avoid

Ordered disconnection for the 17th April, they disconnected on the 10th and won’t reconnect unless I Re-sign up.
What a scam. Show details
iiNet   DM

Hey Katherin, if you've had your service closed off on the wrong date, we can help get you back on until the time is right. Send an email to us at iiOnline@iinet.net.au and we will help out.

James C
James C
  Verified NBN 100/40

Scam customers via upsells

Moved house and not only did they move me from a $79 plan to a $139 plan without telling me, they also charged me $89 for a Fetch box that I didn't want or need. Feels like the company are all overly incentivised on tricking you into paying more for things you don't want or need - very underhanded and devious. When called up on this behaviour they got very defensive. AVOID Show details
BestSoFar
  Verified iiNet
GARY MACDOUGALL
GARY MACDOUGALLFar North Queensland, QLD13 posts
  Verified Home Wireless Broadband

NIGHTMARE - save yourself the stress !

Joined before Easter holidays.
My modem etc was running fine for years then crashed when iiNet took over
No internet connection since even after buying a new modem and a NBN technician visiting home and checking the connection.
Nightmare and many stressful hours talking to iiNet staff who speak poor English.
I cancelled since iiNet hasn't connected and blamed NBN and my modems.
Save yourself stress and Cancel! Show details
Stewart
Stewart4 posts
  Ultra Broadband

Do not use iiNet

For the 4th day in the last 3 weeks we have no internet service. Usual response - unforeseen outage, not our problem, we will call you when it is fixed (they do not). Show details
Murray
MurrayCanberra 2600, ACT8 posts
Dan Poole
Dan PoolePerth, WA
  NBN 100/40

True score is Zero - AVOID!

Avoid at all cost. Have been dealing with a complaint for over 5 months. Only way to get action is to return to TIO.

3 seperate claims raised with iiNet, all three required TIO assistance to get the right outcome!

Reading the TPG pages its clear they are the problem. No real reference to customer service in their strategy! https://www.tpgtelecom.com.au/about-us/our-strategy

Can't stress enough, avoid iiNet and any TPG group company! Show details

Penny
Penny · NBN 12/1 (Basic)

2 outages in as many weeks. What's the problem? When will it be fixed? Last one was an all nighter. This one appears to be shaping up the same way.
No better than the OPTUS outage. I spent an hour on the phone listening to a message telling me to login to my toolbox. How on earth was that going to happen without the internet??
One very annoyed customer looking to go elsewhere!!!
Started with ozemail 1995, then iiNet and who knows how many changes since??
Absolutely ticked off.
Get your act together!!!

Ex IINET · iiNet

I'd like some reassurance that when I close my email accounts, that there is no chance that someone else will get them, I have been crossing over for weeks now but some companies either can't or won't delete my iinet email address from their data base, and worse in some cases have merged them into my new email. I am really worried that this association will compromise my personal data going into the future. I don't know the messenger company and have no reason to think they would take the care that I (had) come to expect from IINET

Vic Alpen
Vic Alpen

Best thing is to call iinet and ask them what they do once your email account is closed.to the best of my knowledge once your iinet email account is closed your data is gone too as they no longer provide email accounts.

Sandy B.
Sandy B.

im giving up after being with them since about 2019 .. last thing u want to do is try to ring them, you may as well call a complete stranger in antarctica and probably get more joy and a better pick up time:P

michi a.
michi a. · iiNet

I was ready to join iinet, but then I reviewed iinet's order. Dodgy, all I can say, shifty, shifty. Then I read all the reviews here, all I can say is "iinet, thanks and no thanks.

iiNet   DM

Hey Michi, We're always keen to understand any concerns that you may have, so if anything doesn't look right, we'd love to hear from you. Please email us at iiOnline@iinet.net.au and we'll gladly help with this.

Compare all iiNet listings
Standard Monthly Price $74.99$59.99$59.99
Typical Evening Download Speed 50Mbps12Mbps
Max Upload Speed 20 Mbps1 Mbps
Max Download Speed 50 Mbps12 Mbps
Contract TypeMonthly / No Lock-inMonthly / No Lock-inMonthly / No Lock-inMonthly / No Lock-in
Data AllowanceUnlimitedUnlimitedCapped/FixedUnlimited
Packages AvailableBundle and StandaloneBundle and StandaloneBundle and StandaloneStandalone
Service TypeNBNFibreNBNFixed Wireless