2.9

9,331 reviews
    4.1 (4,754)
    4.2 (4,186)
    4.3 (4,845)
  • Adequate Speeds Yes (84%) · No (16%)

Big Uggles

Big UgglesMurray Mallee, SA

Phishing e-mail.

All going well with iinet connection at this point in time. Good speed and connectability, my query to Eric the other day was sorted out very quickly and I forwarded the scam/phishing e-mail onto him.

Start DateJune 2010
Contract Type12-month contract
Martin

Martin

Sadly this once great ISP is no more...

Start DateJune 2008
Adequate Speeds No
Not happy

Not happy

Worst experience ever:

This has got to be the worst experience I have ever had with a supplier: They don't read notes: they take the connection fee, they make appointments and then make you do all the running around when the appointment doesn't suit: after multiple phone calls and appointments they were given dates I could not attend and dates I could: they continually made the appointment for dates I could no attend: the NBN has not yet been connected and we are moving house: so advised them I don't need it connected at this address: they then advised that will cost me $60 to cancel: they have already taken $69.90 for a service I did not receive and now want another $60 to cancel a service I didn't receive: APPALLING COMPANY!

Impressive

So far so good and if it works as well as our voip phone we have had for years we will be very happy. We had a few problems at the start but they have been competently sorted. Thank you.

Start DateApril 2020
Customer ServiceiiNet

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to keep serving you Dave! We always want to prove ourselves to our customer's by overcoming any rocky beginnings, so to hear that you've stuck with us ever since is very satisfying indeed.

Beatrice

BeatricePerth, WA

Very reliable.

I thought there might be performance issues with so many more people working remotely on-line now, but I've had a problem only once. That was sorted out immediately - another case of 'turn it off and on again' :).

Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)
Start DateMarch 2019
Contract Type24-month contract
Customer ServiceiiNet

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to help you, Beatrice! We're thrilled to have been able to lend a hand.

Michael F.

Michael F.Perth, WA

18yrs and now I know why

I’m currently on nbn100 and I recently lost my connection. First time that I can remember in 18yrs of being with iiNet. I rang and spoke to a lovely lady who helped me. She advised there was storm damage and would ring me back with repair time. To my surprise the next day she rang to let me know I was connected again. Great customer service, professional and efficient.

Connection TypeI don't know
Start DateJanuary 2002
Poppys2

Poppys2Sydney, NSW

Amazing service, no problems at all !

Since inception, I haven’t experienced any problems at all.
My connection is always good and I haven’t experienced any dropouts at all & their customer service is impeccable.
I’ve been with iinet for approximately seven years and am extremely happy ~ I would highly recommend !

Customer ServiceiiNet

Perfect , cant live without it..

Very reliable , dropouts are rare. most problems are usually fixed with a reboot. on the rare occasions i have had to phone for technical support the issue has been dealt with fast.

Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Cook

CookSouthwest, VIC

Grateful to have help at the end of the phone.

We were having issues with our email. The service member who helped us was patient, took his time and was clear with instructions and suggestions. He was happy to be contacted again if needed.

Start DateOctober 2015
Customer ServiceiiNet

Thank you Cook! This is the level of service that we pride ourselves on, so we're delighted to have been able to assist and get things back on track. Cheers!

Paul

PaulPerth, WA

not impressed

Regarding conversation with Qadeer on the 18/05 requested a Siemans A220, still waiting for my siemans gigaset a220 to arrive but just been advised that it is no longer available & no one has bothered to contact me in any way, shape or form, not impressed, product A220 is still sitting on add products for purchase page, needs an update.

Start DateMarch 2018
Rosa

Rosa

Stay away

Sadly there is no zero, one star is too much for this scamming company. Was charged all those surprise bills, which I wasn’t told off. Every time you try to call them you have to waste half of your day and still have unresolved issues. I’ve been using iiNet for 5 years, at the three different properties, had to change the provider for three of them. If you value your time and money, stay away from the this scammers.

Start DateJanuary 2015
Adequate Speeds No
Contract Type24-month contract
Customer ServiceiiNet

iinet - great internet and great customer service.

I've been a loyal customer for 10 years and have had my fair share of problems with the internet, but your customer service has never let me down. Thank you.

Nev M.

Nev M.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Silky Smooth

For 10 years a loyal customer, never had a issue.
Great connection speed and stability.
Awesome staff, always helpful and go above and beyond.
Fair priced and awesome data packages.
Would and have highly reccomended

Start DateApril 2009
Customer ServiceiiNet

Awesome to hear the past decade with us has been excellent! Thanks so much for sharing your support of us here, Nev! - Tal

John Fuller

John FullerHobart, TAS

very good service

i changed to iinet 15 years a go and still with them have never had a problem. There service on the phone is excellent there product range and pricing are competitive .very happy

Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Customer ServiceiiNet

Happy 15 years and beyond, John! Thanks a lot for sharing your review and recommendation here :) - Tal

As I have only just been connected to the NBN, I’m now sure if it is going to make much difference to my internet speed.

As of yet I have had no problems, but it’s only been 2days, if it is half as good as my old system I’ll be very happy.
If I have had any problems in the past the team have been excellent to deal with & are always able to fix my problems.

Start DateJuly 1997
Customer ServiceiiNet

Thanks so much for your review, Coralie. Glad to hear that your new NBN service with us is off to a good start and we look forward to that as well as our delivery of excellent customer service continues. - Tal

Jimmy Kumar

Jimmy KumarGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Long term happy customer

Great service no major issues since i got the service. Stable connection good speed. iinet customer service is the reason I am their customer for so long. Keep up the good work.

Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Start DateJuly 2019
Customer ServiceiiNet

Thank you so much for your glowing review and recommendation here, Jimmy. Certainly wonderful to hear how well the team and service have treated you since joining us. - Tal

RobGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Prices and Customer Service Terrible

I am currently bound by opticom providers and had chosen iinet as my internet service provider, i regretfully spent 5 months bound by iinets plans in which they request top dollar for minimal usage. After becoming aware of other opticom providers i had compared and shopped prices and had found how far out iinet prices are. I did not want to termiate the service and was willing to reason at a better deal which wasnt even close to the competitors. They had no time to alter prices or service and after a continuous battle i had opted to cancel the service. This was promptly terminated with out any notice by them and left me with no internet. I highly recommend not to use there product if fibre connection is what you require.

Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)
Start DateDecember 2019
Customer ServiceiiNet

Hi Rob, if there are any remaining concerns regarding the account we would be glad to have those followed up, feel free to send some more information to us at iiOnline@iinet.net.au and we will ensure that this is addressed by the team. - Tal

Mark P.

Mark P.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Password Reset doesn't work

I signed up on the phone. I was not asked to set a password. With no password, I tried the reset password function. It indicated that I would receive an email, but nothing arrived - I even checked spam folder.
Repeated the process, but nothing.
Then sent an email asking for assistance, but after 36 hours, no response.

Then called customer service and they put my details in and straightaway I received a temporary password by email and was able to complete the process.

In summary, online system reset function doesn't work, however customer services very helpful... apart from not responding to emails!

Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Start DateMay 2020
Contract Type6-month contract
Maggie

Maggie

When perfect

Love iiNet, but of late it’s been terrible, have received new modem, but problem still persist, staff are pleasant and helpful. Been with them for nearly 14 yrs I think that’s says service overall is good

Start DateMarch 2006
Red Baron

Red BaronSouthwest, VIC

A solid connection

Just had the iINet team move my cable connection to another room. Plus a new modem was supplied. All finished within a matter of days. Very Happy with the customer service, the installation team and the end result.

Start DateSeptember 1998