NBN compared to Dial up modem when I started

Well I have always had internet at home since the time of dial modem days and I am glad for the NBN as I can watch streams and movies on Fetch and Netflix with download speeds that are awesome. I have been with Ipromus and then iinet for the last 15 years and frankly speaking am glad to get awesome service from them, Wouldnt go anywhere else

NBN 50 just made my iiNet service better

Having been an iiNet customer for just over 20 years (continuously) I have seen the technology change from dial up though the various versions of ADSL and now to NBN 50 (FTTN). The NBN connection is the best I have experienced as a customer and the customer service when changing technologies was fantastic! I had one issue with a lost password for my Netphone service and one quick phone call it was all solved. Thank you iiNet!

Start DateJune 1999

Perfect!

We have been with iiNet for over 2 years and have only had a few dropouts but were sorted quickly and efficiently by iiNet over the phone. Our modem burnt out one weekend and after a short phone call we had a new replacement mailed out to home within a few days for no charge. Extremely happy with iiNet and we will be sticking with them no matter where we move.

Start DateJune 2017
Connection TypeI don't know

Anything is better than 3Mbps

We have had the connection for 1 week and so far so good. The speed varies between 29-50Mbps depending on time. I'm slightly technically adept and I don't know how non technical people go when the NBN modem is given to them at the end of the installation and they are basically expected to follow the instructions and hope nothing goes astray, like IP address conflicts. iiNet support is good and have assisted when required.

Start DateJune 2019
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)
Cheers Paul! Thanks so much for the review and feedback, we're delighted that things are going well so far. We do have a concern regarding the speed fluctuations that you've mentioned, as we really don't want to see it varying that wildly. On an FTTC connection, we'd expect to see the connection sit close to 50Mbps most of the time. You mentioned that you're somewhat tech savvy, so feel free to have a look at the troubleshooting guide below for NBN FTTC speeds: https://iihelp.iinet.net.au/Troubleshooting_NBN_FTTC_for_Speed_Issues Let us know how you get on and you're always welcome to chat to Support, return here or engage us on our other Social Media channels (Facebook & Twitter) if you like. - Leo.

Good service

My service was down, and after much fault-finding it was found to be due to a Telstra exchange fault. iiNet made sure the problem was resolved as quickly as possible.
I've been a customer for 22 years and very happy with the service.

Start DateJanuary 1997
Contract Type12-month contract
Thanks for the 22 years of loyalty to us and for allowing us to help. We are so happy to hear this! - Leo

We had some connection problems, but now it's all ok.

After drop out issues for last 5 days , it was finally dealt with and it's all resolved. The 2 customer service agents were very friendly, helpful and polite over the phone.

Start DateNovember 2009
This is wonderful to hear, Marie - thank you so very much! - Leo

The happy campers

We have been with iinet for roughly eight years now and have always found them very good to deal with, especially their communication and presence in the market. For example, you get to actually talk to a real person when you call tech support! The tech people are all really nice - I usually have a chat about the weather/sport with them, they are so easy to get on with and, they usually sort things out too, at the first attempt.

When we moved apartments last year we had the option of either NBN or iinet fiber to the building (FTTB). We chose to stay with iinet and we have not been disappointed - my download speed rarely dips below 90mbps even at peak times. We are very happy campers indeed. Thank you iinet would thoroughly recommend them as your service provider.

Start DateFebruary 2011
Data TypeUnlimited Data
David, thank you for your eight year with us! We're thrilled to hear that your FTTB is working well and that our team have always been able to lend a hand when needed. Cheers! - Leo

All expectations met

Connection occurred soon after very helpful and easily understandable phone call with customer services rep. I did my connection bit with help from iiNet helpline, with iiNet representative being extremely patient and helpful. All expectations as explained beforehand have been met. Speed is up to expectations with download speeds 39-46mbps most of day but may be as low as 4mbps during peak times in the early evenings. Phone and Foxtel are working well

Start DateJune 2019
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)
Thanks a lot for your review, Doc! Fantastic to hear the connection's performing well there. - Tal

When will they fix NBN issues

iiNet have given me excellent service for 15 years now but unfortunately this issue seems to me out of their control as because the NBN cable to node is copper, they cannot supply me with the promised 50mbps that I pay for.

Start DateJanuary 2004
Adequate Speeds No
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)
Hey Peter, Thank you for leaving your review! You've brought to light a very important issue and that is the infrastructure used for different NBN connection types. It sounds like you're on NBN FTTN (Fibre To The Node). Whilst this is an excellent cost effective solution, it suffers from the same downsides that ADSL/NDSL services do, in that it relies on the copper network to deliver the connection. In your case, it sounds like you're either quite a distance away from the Node (which will see your connection slow down, the further away that you are, much like ADSL/NDSL), or, that the quality of the copper between your premises and the node is poor. These will contribute to the speeds you're able to reach being lower than expected and we very much understand how frustrating this is. If you're having connection issues like dropouts, then we can use this as an opportunity to troubleshoot and then fault the connection with NBN. If this isn't possible, we can locate your account and check NBN's data to see what your connection should be capable of delivering. If you're connecting at a lower speed than what NBN states that you should be able to receive, then we can request that a fault be lodged for you. Either way, we're always happy to help where we can, so please consider getting in touch with us directly, via iiOnline@iinet.net.au, with your details and mentioning your review here and we'll gladly lend jump in to help. - Leo

If you don't have NBN, ADSL will have to do.

Although I'm waiting over 2yrs for NBN in my area I have NAKED DSL and haven't had any problems with it at all, really want NBN so Fetch is available to me.

Start DateMay 2010
Data TypeUnlimited Data
The wait shouldn't be too much longer, Stuart! Have you ensure you're registered for notifications using our site's waiting list to get notified as soon as the service is ready for pre-order: https://www.iinet.net.au/internet-products/broadband/nbn/coverage/#/waitList Regardless, we're glad to hear that the ADSL we provide is making do in the interim! :) - Tal

So disappointed

I am an existing customer with IINet more than 5 years, recently need to have a new NBN connection for my new house.
Called on 26/05, made my order, been told the application will take about 2-3 weeks time. I thought should be enough time to settle before 21/06 my moving house date.
Never heard any updates from iiNet after, called 3/6, 13/06 and 18/06, only been told to wait longer. Staffs stated unfortunately there were some system errors happened that’s why it take so long.
I just want my connection ready by 21/06, their system error is not my fault. They should just chase it up to process my order faster to catch up the delay by them. However, they said that was my bad luck. Even I want to talk to the supervisor they says only can be arranged to call back within 24 hrs.
I am so disappointed this time.

Connection TypeI don't know
Hi Lulu, We're sorry to hear of the issues with your application's progress. While we're confident that the team are doing all that they can to get this sorted out as soon as possible, we'd like to help ensure that you're kept up to date with the latest information about what happened, why and when further updates are expected. Could you please comment back or email in to us at iiOnline@iinet.net. a reference or invoice number related to the account and service we can use in our assessment? - TalReference number: 1998453Thank you, Lulu! We never want our customers to be disappointed, so we have asked that a manager give you a call to help you. Thank you for taking the time to get in touch! - Leo

Excellent problem solving

A complex problem with change of payment details and incorrect info from my end resulted in a difficult situation that the iinet staff handled with a bright demeanor and a very professional attitude resulting in a very happy customer with all problems being resolved. Go iinet.

Data TypeUnlimited Data
Awesome! Thanks a lot for calling in for help with and and for your review here! - Tal

Generally very good

We have occassional dropouts at high traffic times such as in the evening but generally it has been reliable. We have had a couple of episodes where service wasn't available but the tech team were very prompt and extreamly helpful in responding and fixing the problem.

Connection TypeWireless
Excellent to hear the team were able to help you out, Jan. If you ever need help looking into those occasional dropouts, do give us a call any time on 13 22 58 for assistance and we'll be happy to help with that as well. - Tal

Happy Customer

Iinet has helped me to "evolve" and navigate through the minefield of technology relating to my new Samsung A20 smartphone. I was dreading to upgrade my mobile but was pleasantly surprised by how knowledgeable, understanding and well mannered the staff were with my questions. I am a happy iinet customer and know that iinet is always there to help.

Data TypeCapped Data
It's a constantly evolving field of technology and we're here to help you with it to keep you connected, Janet! Thanks for your review :) - Tal

Very happy with the link and support

I have been with iiNet and its predecessor (TransACT) for a good number of years. Whenever I have had problems the team has ALWAYS been helpful and courteous. Few problems have taken any real time to fix. An issue arose just quickly in that the team recently advised my that I had consumed a large portion of my mobile data quite quickly. Great advice and I have taken precautions to curb my usage. Additionally I was offered a new plan which provided greater download allowance at a cheaper cost which of course I have snapped up.

Data TypeCapped Data
Thanks a lot for you ongoing time with us, Keith! We're please that you're pleased :) - TalGreat but please see my follow-up email, and hope you can make some resolution in my favour.Hi Keith, got the reference number from the email or want to forward it through to us at iiOnline@iinet.net.au if you haven't already so we can get that attended to? - Tal

NBN = SCHMEN.B.N

Have had our cable connection for near on 8 years now, have been able to count the issues we have had on one hand! And when there is an issue, the customer service received is impeccable!
So happy we never have to change to the Nbn network, and we never will!

Start DateJune 2011
Data TypeUnlimited Data
That's wonderful to hear, Chas! Thanks for your review and for your custom all these years! - Tal

The customer is King

The NBN is generally very good, the few times that I have had troubles the technical service is excellent, patient, courteous and effective. My acclamation goes to the total attitude of the company, iinet remembers that the customer is the most important person to any business. The personnel (the heroes) always go the extra mile by giving that touch of friendliness and enthusiasm in their efforts. Believe me it is a pleasure to be able to write this note to you. Thank you iinet team you are an excellent crew, you are always welcome in my life, I am grateful to you.

King Keith has a nice ring to it. Thanks for your review! - Tal

When you get great customer service you stick to it

I have been with iiNet for 20 years... started with dial-up updated to ADSL 2 and now recently NBN each transition was made effortlessly thanks to great informed iiNet customer service team who talked me through each step of the way and took the time to explain the difference modems needed to do the job. The only dropouts have ever been extreme weather conditions or NBN works in my area. And then I was notified of the outage by iiNet not NBN .. When you get such good customer service year in and year out there is not need to look any further... I'll be with iiNet for the next 20 years to come. Thanks all at iiNet

Contract Type18-month contract
Thank you so much, Elvisphile! What a fantastic result and review :) - Tal

Changeover from AD SL to NBN FTTN

The changeover can be a bit daunting with all the comment available on NBN connections. Having been an iinet customer for quite sometime I trusted iinet to offer quality connection and plans. Customer service was excellent and they genuinely made me feel valued. Thanks Lauren for all your help

Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Thanks a lot for your review and feedback following the assistance from Lauren, Mark! Glad to have you with us :) - Tal

If I could give them negative stars, I would!

I have been in an ongoing saga with iiNet for 4 months now trying to get a refund for an NBN pre-order that they did not deliver on the time frame allocated when I signed up. I'd be typing for hours if I had to go through it all, but the long story short is that they couldn't deliver as promised, I moved house and not only did they fail to disconnect my ADSL 2 service, they also failed to cancel the NBN order they were unable to deliver on. It took 2 months and multiple phone calls and emails to get refunded for the two extra months of ADSL they automatically deducted from my bank.

I pre-paid for the NBN $150 and I'm now going on 4 months trying to get a refund for that, with weekly emails to them that go ignored or have inaccurate replies saying I'm not owed a refund, then I am owed one, apologies - one is coming, etc. It's a complete circus of incompetence!

I've now had to lodge a complaint with the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman today. Let's hope this gets a resolution.

In regards to the actual ADSL2 service, I often couldn't even use my wireless or even direct connection to the internet service with iiNet because the speeds were so poor. At best, most days I was getting 2Mbps and couldn't load a simple website.

Start DateMarch 2017
Adequate Speeds No
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Hi lilyjeannesmum, We're very sorry to hear that the application and installation of your service with us didn't go as planned and that as a result there are now some issues in finalising any account conciliation. If an external complaint has been lodged via the TIO, then an assigned case officer will be in contact with you on or by the resolution date set in the complaint referral to aid in having this matter resolved. - Tal

We have had NBN connected for only 4 nights. It is either super fast, or so Slow we cannot do anything?? Why is this the case. I was on hold to your technical support for 20 minutes and line went dead.
Hi Fiona, Fantastic Question, thanks for reaching out. Fluctuating speed can be caused by a lot of factors, but the most common now-a-days is wifi related. Wifi works using radiowaves that can see interference from other devices and even neighbours networks. We'd recommend checking out and trying the steps here: https://iihelp.iinet.net.au/Improving_WiFi_Signal_and_Changing_Channels We can also jump in and check on the network up to the modem on our end if you'd like to shoot us an email to iiOnline@iinet.net.au with some account details. We look forward to hearing back and getting your service performing as it should. - Joshy

under inept details you show NBN12 monthly price is $39.99 but their official site shows $59.99 fo r the same NBN12 plan - how is this so pls?
Hi jkm, We've already answered this for you, here: https://www.productreview.com.au/questions/c4e1a38c-a7e6-406b-a438-8804a70d7a51 - Leono you have not - your answer did not show any ref link and i find no basic sat plan or speeds or data vols on the iinet main page for $39.99. Is there a problem to supply a link to that plan? your ref table clearly show NBN12 $39.99 and the speeds but iinet web site shows $59.99 for that same table information. sat link table data and speeds and price via a link pls else you are avoiding the question! for what reason i cannot tell.

under iinet you show NBN12 as 39.99 but official iinet site shows $59.99 - how is this possible pls?
Hey jkm! So, we offer different NBN plans depending on the service type. What you've seen is the price for the entry level NBN Satellite plan. Make sure that you select this plan at the bottom of the page, as not choosing it will see the default plan shown, which is $59.99. Thanks for leaving your question! - LeoWhat are the speeds. N data amounts for the satellite plan for$39.99 pls. - can you provide a link?Hey jkm! We have all the information for NBN Satellite, right here: https://www.iinet.net.au/internet-product/broadband/nbn/plans/satellite/ Speeds are between 5 and 12Mbps, with 30Gb Peak time data and 120Gb Off Peak data on the $39.95 plan. Cheers! -Leo

NBN 12NBN 25NBN 50NBN 100ADSLWiMaxUltra BroadbandFibre To The Home (FTTH)iiNet Mobile Broadband
Monthly Price $39.99$44.99$79.99$99.99
Service TypeFibre, NBN and SatelliteFibre, NBN and SatelliteFibre and NBNFibre and NBNADSLCable and FibreFibreMobile Broadband
ContractMonthly and Set PeriodMonthly and Set PeriodMonthly and Set PeriodMonthly and Set Period
Data AllowanceCapped/FixedCapped/Fixed and UnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimited