2,236
3,709

Cody

CodyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

NBN service crap!

Has been with iinet for several years now. Also having an NBN connection with my current place. Paying high speed for the household unfortunately it has not done a good job! Very disappointing with the service!

Start DateFebruary 2013
Connection TypeI don't know

The worst internet company ever!

We cant use the internet and have to hotspot everything.
It dropout of every second.

And they will not refund our money !!
The worst company ever, please dont join iiNet PLEASE

Start DateFebruary 2019
Customer ServiceiiNet

iinet is the best!! Great Service and very Reliable. Love it.

We experienced drop outs when we first got hooked up to the NBN but now its stable. IInet offers great customer service and our issues if any are resolved quickly.

Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)

worth changing plans

I changed from an nbn25 plan to an nbn50 plan when I discovered that I could get better plan benefits for less money. The changeover has only just occurred and a speed test indicates that the speed has increased markedly as expected. The change of plans was handled in a timely and professional manner by Iinet and the speed increase occurred within the timeframe specified. I have not had the new plan long enough if problems may arise but don't anticipate any as the previous plan was completely satisfactory. The occasional contact I have with Iinet has always been positive.

Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Customer ServiceiiNet

We're glad we could provide a bit more value and better speeds for you, JRG. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience after the plan change and leave a review.

Pam

PamCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

lost internet connection-cable connection.

I usually do not have issues but when I do I it usually goes pear shaped. When I ring the staff are really helpful and always can get me up and running. Their follow up phone calls are always done and I have
nothing but praise. Thanks I will not be changing anytime soon.

Start DateSeptember 2016
Customer ServiceiiNet

Cheers for the review, Pam! We're wrapped that whenever there have been some troubles, you've been able to rely on our customer support team and we hugely appreciate your vote of confidence! Thank you

DeniseC

DeniseCSydney, NSW

Seamless transition

Start DateOctober 2019

michael virantGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

modem occasionally drops out

legacy issues with my net-space account.
When accessing webmail from overseas my login defaults to the @nbn user ID (same as my toolbox login) instead of my net-space user ID

michael virant

webmail access issues seem to have been resolved

Happy customer

Happy customerSouthern and Hills, SA

iiNet: great support service!

Reliable connection with no dropouts
Excellent support service is provided by iiNet staff. Call to technical support staff answered quickly and problem resolved. Extremely helpful and patient technical support staff. Staff are very polite and professional.

Start DateMarch 2017
Data TypeCapped Data
Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Customer ServiceiiNet

Thank you greatly for the kind review! We're wrapped to hear that you've had a great experience when chatting with the team and over the moon to hear that your service has been reliable. Cheers!

It just works

iinet was my first ISP, joined well over 20 years ago, and have never given me any reason to think about leaving. On the rare occasions that I've needed service or technical assistance it has always been first rate. I must have reliable internet for home based work and that's what iinet ADSL+ delivers. I'm dreading being compelled to shift to the NBN next year - I hear nothing but horror stories about it and realise that the problems are beyond iinet control.

Monique D.

Monique D.South East Queensland, QLD

Very Reliable

Quick speed and great service. Any issues are resolved efficiently. Consultants are friendly and helpful. Speeds slow a little with lots of people in the house, but is still very good.

Start DateJuly 2019
Contract Type12-month contract

Mixed View on NBN

Yes sometimes during peak period where it slows down. Outside of these hours, the NBN is not as fast as they say that it should be. My belief is that NBN is still better than the previous ADSL connection.

Connection TypeWireless

Jocelyn M.

Jocelyn M.Murrumbidgee Region, NSW

Looking forward to NBN next year

iiNet has provided me with a reliable connection. Dropouts only occurred earlier this year when the NBN cable was being laid in the CBD. I have been with iiNet for approximately 20 years and on the few occasions I have had the need to deal with admin I have always had my problem dealt with efficiently and in a very courteous and friendly manner. Looking forward to an uneventful NBN connection next year.

Unhappy person

Unhappy personMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

The worst company I have ever dealt with. ever.

At 33 years of age this is the first time I have ever written a negative review. IINET are liars and cheats. They lie to you to order a a product they know won't work then refuse to fix the problem. They don't employ anyone who can fix the issues either way, just sales people and customer complaints people. Then try to charge you extra to leave. Never use IINET. EVER.

Start DateAugust 2019
Contract Type12-month contract
Customer ServiceiiNet

Excellent customer service every time

Occasionally our home connection drops out which means a call to iinet customer service. Although I know this will inevitably take some time, I am always pleasantly surprised by the professionalism and expert knowledge of the customer service providers assisting me in getting back on line. By the end of my call I am always reconnected and very satisfied with the service provided :)

Customer ServiceiiNet

We're very glad to hear that our customer support team have been there to help you get back up and running when you've needed them, Christine. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and share your experience.

Allan and Gay Shuttleton

Allan and Gay ShuttletonPerth

The NBN has been ok so far

I have been with iinet for 10 years, of course there have been issues in the past but the company have always sorted out the problem to my satisfaction.
Out of all the telcos I think iinet rates the best so far.the staff have always been great courteous.

Customer ServiceiiNet

No problem. Keep on looking after your customers and providing the best service.

Len

LenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Every day living

Start DateSeptember 2018

G.K

G.KPerth

Excellent service

We had a few set up issues but Iinet had been fantastic fixing the problem. The connection and speed has been awesome and no drop outs. We were lucky to get any internet with our previous company so we are so thrilled to have constant connection.
Customer service has been wonderful and follow up any issues. Very professional. Set top box has great features and we would be lost without it now. We would definitely recommend Iinet if your looking at changing service providers. GK

Start DateOctober 2018
Customer ServiceiiNet

Thanks for the review, G.K We're very glad to hear that once your service got up and running, it's been performing well. We very much appreciate your recommendation and we look forward to many more years to come!

pigram-01

pigram-01AU

Cant live without internet

Issues with dropouts this was explained by the representative and took the time to explain it and sorted it out with patience and professionalism which I really appreciated as it was very frustrating

Vera M

Vera MSydney, NSW

Great service and Easiest connection ever!

IINET connection has been super reliable with fast speeds. I am very happy I signed up with iinet . They have great customer service and a seamless set up from start to finish. I can highly recommend iinet .

Start DateJuly 2019
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)
Customer ServiceiiNet

We're wrapped to hear that you've found our service a breeze to get up and running, Vera and thank you for the review! Cheers!

Russell C (ACT)

Russell C (ACT)Canberra Airport 2609, ACT

Excellent Provider

Connection is generally exvellent. Have had a few issues over the past 17 years but they have all been promptly resolved to my satisfaction by the support team. I would certainly recommend this service.

Hazel S.

Hazel S.asked

Can I keep my existing phone number(landline)?

Hi Hazel,

If you're upgrading services and not moving house, then yes, under most circumstances you can keep your number.

- Leo

Ian M.
Ian M.

Hi Hazel,
Yes your existing landline number is retained.

Ian

Adoasked

How long should it take to connect innet ADSL not NBN we are in Bayview NSW .

So far it has been 2 weeks pretty disappointing really

Hans
Hans

Hi Ado, I would have thought 2 weeks was ample time to have you connected. I agree disappointing

Ado

So I agree but it’s still not done and no one is doing anything ???

Ado

Finally it has been connected

Shelleyasked

How do you put an incoming call on hold so another person can pick it up on their hand set when they are ready to pick it up?

Hi Shelley,

This depends on what phone service that you have!

For landlines, a guide is available, here:

For our Netphone (VoIP) services, we have the following guides:

and

- Leo

Hi Leo
This is a businnes phone not a home phone and the phone is a Bizphone T42S. This should be a basic function just like before nbn; business people want to be able to put business people on hold and pick up the call when that want to. This is very poor service for the great iinet.

Get an answer from our members and iiNet representatives

iiNet NBN 12

iiNet WiMax

iiNet WiMax

iiNet Ultra Broadband

iiNet Ultra Broadband

iiNet Fibre To The Home (FTTH)

iiNet Fibre To The Home (FTTH)

iiNet Fixed Wireless NBN 12

iiNet Fixed Wireless NBN 12

iiNet Fixed Wireless NBN 25

iiNet Fixed Wireless NBN 25

iiNet NBN Satellite (Sky Muster) NBN 12 (Basic)

iiNet NBN Satellite (Sky Muster) NBN 12 (Basic)

iiNet NBN Satellite (Sky Muster) NBN 25 (Standard)

iiNet NBN Satellite (Sky Muster) NBN 25 (Standard)

iiNet BizPhone

iiNet BizPhone

iiNet NBN 25
  • Discontinued

iiNet NBN 25

iiNet Mobile Broadband
  • Discontinued

iiNet Mobile Broadband

CategoryInternet Service ProvidersInternet Service ProvidersInternet Service ProvidersInternet Service ProvidersInternet Service ProvidersInternet Service ProvidersInternet Service ProvidersInternet Service ProvidersInternet Service ProvidersInternet Service ProvidersInternet Service ProvidersInternet Service ProvidersInternet Service ProvidersInternet Service Providers
Monthly Price $59.99$79.99$99.99$69.99$79.99$44.99
Contact Number 13 86 89
Service TypeNBNNBNNBNADSLFixed WirelessCable and FibreFibreFixed WirelessFixed WirelessSatellite / Sky MusterSatellite / Sky MusterNBNMobile Broadband
Packages AvailableBundle and StandaloneBundle and StandaloneBundle and StandaloneBundle and StandaloneBundle and StandaloneBundle and StandaloneBundle and StandaloneBusinessBundle and Standalone
ContractMonthly and Set PeriodMonthly and Set PeriodMonthly and Set PeriodMonthly and Set PeriodMonthly and Set PeriodMonthly and Set PeriodMonthly and Set PeriodMonthly and Set Period
Data AllowanceCapped/FixedUnlimitedUnlimitedCapped/Fixed and UnlimitedUnlimitedCapped/FixedCapped/FixedCapped/Fixed and Unlimited
NBN Speed Tier 12/150/20100/4012/125/512/125/525/5