iiNet NBN Satellite (Sky Muster) NBN 12 (Basic)

iiNet NBN Satellite (Sky Muster) NBN 12 (Basic)

3.9

• Adequate Speeds Yes (88%) · No (13%)
paul727556

paul727556andamooka

fast and reliable

fast and reliable service,great boon to outback communities and added bonus of extra data during covid,never had any problems i have been with iinet for over 11years and have always been happy with the service and product

Start DateJuly 2008
Sam

SamMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Up and running in no time

With the last couple of days of bad weather our satellite nternet service wouldn’t work. I rang iiNet support and only after a few rings I was actually speaking to a person who could help me. She was extremely helpful and very polite getting my system working again. The next day the same thing happened - no internet. I rang again and this time it was a different girl but with the same professional service.

Ray W

Ray WSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Iinet gives a good product.

Iinet provides a very good, reliable NBN system. My NBN satellite does everything I need. Iinet backup and tech support is always super helpful, courteous and friendly! Despite my scant skill with technical matters. Thanks.

Customer ServiceiiNet

Always happy to help with any technical support needs, Ray! Thanks for sharing your review. - Tal

Internet Service Providers

Find out how iiNet NBN Satellite (Sky Muster) NBN 12 (Basic) compares to other Internet Service Providers

JohnCentral Queensland, QLD

Remote life made safer and easier

Even though there has been 'drop outs' in stormy weather I find the quality of service is of high standards and when I have dealt with Iinet staff i have the feeling that they actually care for my custom, resolving any of my issues.
Living in a remote area with a good internet connection makes life a lot easier as well as keeping me up to date on current issues and some entertainment to past the time in isolation.

Start DateJanuary 2018
Customer ServiceiiNet

Great to hear John! Living in remote areas, a stable, reliable link to the outside world is a must and we can't thank you enough for allowing us to help you with your NBN Sky Muster Satellite connection. Cheers!

- Leo

Robert R

Robert RThe Mallee, VIC

Good For Net Surfing

Use satellite because of rural location. Mostly for Net Surfing, email ect, do not upload or watch movies. Service is good for what I need and I have found the tech support to be very good with operators who will persevere with a difficult problem to find a solution.

Linda BrittenAdelaide

Read the Small Print

Connection was 100% better than the ADSL #2 at 2.65mpbs best speed to a whopping 12 mpbs. I did not read the small print so 3/4 of the 200gb of data was during the hours of 1am and 7 am. I only used 150gb over a month on the ADSL, under 2 weeks I had no data for day time use left. I did mention my biggest use would be for streaming TV, but no one mentioned how much data that would use. Its back to ADSL and crossing my fingers for me. Apart from that iinet customer service was good

Start DateFebruary 2020
Linda Britten

Thanks Tal, I did put all that in place, I wanted it to work so much

Robert Vogel

Robert VogelCentral Queensland, QLD

Sad about lack of peak hour download allowance.

Dealt well from iinet, all okay, mate. Only issue I have is the connection speed and the download allowances. Iinet's Maximum plan is quite low compared to other satellite isp's such as "activ8me?"

Graeme A.

Graeme A.

Been with iinet for 14 years. All in all very satisfied with products and service

Unable to get broadband wifi in my rural location so had to get Satellite. Plans are more limited on Satellite but the service has been pretty good with only a few outages over the last year. We also get power outages at about the same rate so I would rate the service as reasonable. Tech support with iinet is very good and I definitely recommend them for that. Download speed is typically about 10 Mb/sec which I suppose is in the range of what one could expect from a service with a peak of 12. I have the option of going to up to 25 for not much extra but this has been OK so far. I'd rather an option of more peak download capacity but it isn't available.

Start DateFebruary 2019
BSiinet

BSiinet

Horrendous customer service

After 18 months of being with iinet we were only able to use the network for 6 months. No refund, no support, kept trying to pass the buck. Absolutely the worst phone company experience we have ever had. Never, ever again.

Adequate Speeds No
Internet Service Providers

Happy to stay a customer

I have been with iiNet for over ten years and it would take something seriously wrong for me to even contemplate changing to another carrier. My problems have been very few, but I have always been treated with courtesy (and sometimes a little humor). My problems have been dealt with straight away and I do not remember if a problem ever carried over from the initial contact.

Start DateOctober 2009
Data TypeUnlimited Data

Overall very satisfied

Excellent service from iiNet. Lightning strike to our home left NBN out of action but fixed quite promptly. Used to have 3 green bars on NBN box, but now reduced to 2 orange bars almost all the time,. Would like to know why, so need to phone and enquire. Customer for many years and always have had problems addressed within a very short time.

Data TypeUnlimited Data
Sandy
Sandy

Asked NBN technician about this apparent reduction of speeds over time when he came to install the new power cable to the NBN box. He had no answer to this and suggested I ask iiNet.

Fred Bloggs

Fred Bloggs

Basic service that keeps me connected.

I am generally happy with the service I receive. Most of the staff are friendly and helpful and I have alwaus had any problems resolved within a reasonable time. Connection drops out regularly and this is very annoying but I can live with it as most of the time it is only for short periods. I suspec thatr this is an Optus issue rather than iinet.

Julian G.

Julian G.Darling Downs, QLD

No modem but one bought from them will work. Add $110 to what you thought you were going to pay and a week to deliver.

I haven't even connected yet. BYO modem means BYO modem that you'll have to buy from them. No modem you'll have at home will work, nor any that can be bought at Hervey Norman or Joyce Mayne etc .. Add another $110 to whatever you thought you were going to pay.

No lock in contract means - it'll cost me $120 not to proceed with connection (Even though I'm not connected yet). They got me good. I'm an idiot (a disappointed idiot).

Mick

MickSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Best Customer Support

A very bad experience

Adequate Speeds No
Keith M.
Keith M.

Hi Joshy, I sent you an email. I am back on line with the assistance of Nomam yesterday.

If You Are in a Difficult Location IiNet Is For You

My NBN experience is underwhelming. My options are few. I started with iinet and after many years, mainly because of poor telephone service through NBN Satellite, I switched to another provider. That service was more expensive and the phone service was deplorable. I switched back to iinet. They did not attempt to provide a phone service but put me back to Telstra land line. That was again expensive; but now I have reliable phone service. Why don't I use mobile phone? Because there is no mobile service here. My internet speed is sub-optimal but overall, I am better served by Iinet.

Customer ServiceiiNet

Thank you very much for your review, Soulhaven. We know that being in a remote area can prove difficult when it comes to getting internet, phone and mobile access so we'll do our best to provide wherever we can. Glad to have you with us! - Tal

My thoughts on Satellite connection

very rarely dropouts, only in severe thunder storms, by what I hear from relations and friends they wish they had of taken Satellite instead of the NBN. Personally I am very happy with iinet

Customer ServiceiiNet

Thanks so much, John! This is wonderful to hear, as NBN Sky Muster Satellite is really for those customers who are unable to obtain other connection types. Whilst its a connection of last resort, we're very glad to be able to offer it!

- Leo

I have found it to be a very good service, without any dramas.

I have so far had no problems with the connection, or with the support I have had from the company. Even when I problem was caused by me or a computer glitch, nothing to do with iinet.

Dallas Jones

Dallas JonesLitchfield, NT

Happy User

Started out with Ozemail which iiNet purchased so I have been a user for many years. Gone through the dial up, ADSL and now NBN which has made life much easier. Live in a rural area so don't have firbe optic connection but generally have no problems even in severe thunderstorms. On the rare occassion that I have needed to use support have always found them to be very cheerful and helpful

Connection TypeSatellite (Sky Muster)
Start DateJanuary 2001
Customer ServiceiiNet

We're always happy to help out, Dallas! Glad to hear that has been your experience as well. Thanks for reviewing! - Tal