IKEA
Brand Manager for IKEA? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (32) · No (333)
  • Product Appearance As advertised (171) · Not as advertised (67)

Milan V
Milan VSydney, NSW

I wish I could rate it lower

Delivery takes at least two weeks. Today I received an email that it will be delayed for another 10-15 days due to increased online shopping demand.
When calling you will be put on hold for almost 1 hour and are forced to listen to obnoxious and extremely loud and therefore distorted pop songs.

Truely awful. I never want to buy anything there again. The only reason why I am forced to shop online as I cannot find a dimmable GX53 bulb anywhere else. And the one I purchased previously was dead on arrival.

I would not ever go with IKEA kitchens. I have been without a kitchen for over 2 months! I have experienced really poor customer support. I am still waiting for bench tops. And the instructions are not very clear, there are no to very little words to describe how to install the dishwasher!!! I have the manual and downloaded the manual from IKEA website and still not clear. When I spoke to someone from IKEA today 25 July 2021, she talked over me and then hung up when I asked her not to interrupt me. Really not happy with the product and the support.

jumbeen
jumbeenCentral, SA

6 week delivery is crazy

Vamshi Kris
Vamshi KrisSydney, NSW

Worst delivery

Click and collect in store is available within a week but home delivery is at least 2 months, loll that is not a “supply chain impacted by the pandemic” but ikea’s lack of commitment to delivery and customer experience. That’s why ikea doesn’t deserve a 1 star too.

C and M Ard
C and M ArdPerth, WA

IKEA Fabulous Kitchen but appalling experience with IKEA approved installer.

Kate Mason
Kate MasonSydney, NSW

No delivery

Placed an order for Candles ( small items) on the 14th Del scheduled for the 20th between 8am - 8pm... Still waiting cannot contact Ikea no update as to where my order is. Absolutely terrible. 6 Days and a 12 hour schedule from them for a small parcel to deliver then still cannot deliver.. Avoid Ikea online at all costs the worst of service....

Warranty Claim MadeNo
RRryery
RRryerySydney Surrounds, NSW

Very bad at deliveries

I had 2 deliveries in the last month and both went wrong. First time the guys delivered one of the items to someone else so I had to wait for them to bring it back (and it was me who noticed it as obviously they don't even bother to check what they unload from the truck). And the second time the guy was too fast to leave so I couldn't even check what was in the boxes and one item is missing in the delivery. Their online contact form was useless (no one contacted me back) and phone support (waited too long, no luck getting someone to respond). So I can't even talk to someone. Bad ikea!

Sarah Preuss
Sarah PreussSydney, NSW

Two faulty products. Zero refund response

I have had two faulty pieces delivered. I’ve tried on several platforms to simply speak to someone about getting a refund. I’m so defeated over jt. I can’t believe a global store can’t be bothered to respond

Dave
DaveMelbourne, Victoria

We have spent more then 80k with two homes

Linzi C.
Linzi C.Perth, WA

furniture is great. The buying experience is so bad, it almost doesn't matter.

Ben
BenSydney, NSW

Click and collect? 'Click and hold on the phone for hours' is more like it

Made the mistake of attempting to use "click and collect" for a purchase. Had to cancel it due to COVID related issues: no chance. They provide no facility to manage your order online, and I gave up waiting on the phone after an hour (truth be told, I couldn't tolerate their on hold music!). I guess I'll just have to lodge a dispute via my credit card.

Ikea Finance rip off

Disgusting customer service

I had my receipt for a Trofast kids toy storage. We were honest about how one piece broke. Really regret buying from Ikea. Crap quality and disgusting customer service. We were told they couldn't replace the part. But to come back with the whole product and they will replace it. We did exactly that and was told we couldn't get it replaced. Cos one the box was open. Of course it was opened. They also said it was dusty. Seriously. Hardly was. They also never helped a lady load her trailor with Ikea purchased products who was in distress that her Father had passed. So we helped her. Absolutely heartless. I wish I had of read the reviews here before purchasing.

Bjoern
Bjoern

Poor customer service, late and frustrating deliveries

I have placed an online order with IKEA. In general, I am happy with the IKEA products, their prices and the online order process. However, it is very unfortunate that IKEA chooses to deliver via Toll. Parcels get stuck forever in the depot close to our home, delivery dates aren’t kept, and orders are only delivered in parts (which makes things even more complicated). Also, the IKEA customer service is non-existent. Very long waiting times on the phone and service agents who simply don’t want to help. I will definitely not order from IKEA again.

Jon
JonSydney, NSW

Unbelievably poor customer service

Discovered a manufacturing fault with an item just as I was completing assembly so raised a ticket with Ikea online. 10 days later after chasing up twice I receive an email telling me they cannot send a single part and would need to send me an entire unit and that they would collect the old one! I replied advising this sounds strange and to clarify they are sending someone to dismantle my exisiting unit.. this was over two weeks ago!! No emails no response to phone call follow up. Diabolical company

Product Appearance As advertised

Read more reviews - page 2

Helen T.
Helen T.asked
VIC, Richmond

I am after storage containers. Do you supply them

Angel
Angel

I don’t but I just looked at Ikea website and f

Daphne H.
Daphne H.asked
QLD, North Lakes

im looking for a wall unit please

Reviewer R.
Reviewer R.

As this is a consumer site and not Ikea suggest checking the Ikea website or visiting your nearest store.

Julie J.
Julie J.asked
IKEA

Has anyone had problems with the quality of their Ikea kitchen?
We purchased a Hittarp kitchen and it is not lasting too well, mainly due to swelling at the base of cupboards next to dishwasher and under sink. It’s just general water that you would get when emptying dishwasher and washing up but the cupboards just seem to have a thin layer of laminate covering particle board and melamine.
Ikea say we have no warranty due to the problem being water damage - which is essentially a bit of water or drips when emptying dishwasher.

Barbara
Barbara

Hi Julie, my builder only got part way through the installation before seeing how poor the materials were. The smallest amount of water caused instant swelling and the back 'wall' of cupboard (sorry not technical language) is honestly like cardboard inside; (it literally can be ripped once a nail goes in) I really regret buying it. It was in fact so bad that I've had it pulled out before completing and gone with another brand of DIY kitchen. I'm not sure what redress there is but the materials are not fit for purpose I believe. I would be happy to be contacted by IKEA service department, though from previous experience customer service is not one of their strong points.
I should be more specific about my last comment about customer service. In general, I like shopping at IKEA and have only had a problem when it comes to making a complaint. On an earlier occasion, I was greatly inconvenienced by their failure to collect a mattress when a new one was delivered and despite 3 separate visits to the store, and being given a case number etc, I was never contacted and had to resolve the problem myself.

Compare all 11 IKEA
CategoryOnline Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture Shops
Type of Furniture OfferedBedroom, Dining, Mattresses, Office and OutdoorBedroom, Dining, Mattresses, Office and OutdoorBedroom, Dining, Mattresses, Office and OutdoorBedroom, Dining, Mattresses, Office and Outdoor
Compare all 11 IKEA