IKEA

See the Best Furniture Shops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Rude customer service

I love IKEA, but their express check out 'guards' are extremely rude and treat you as a convicted criminal. I bought a few small items today, packed it all in my own shopping bag. Was closely watched during the whole process. As soon as I paid for everything, this rude 'guard' jumps in front of me, saying he's gonna count my items. And then unpacks my bag! I had two cranky toddlers with me and wanted to get out asap. But thanks to the rude 'guard', I ended up spending extra time packing my bag second time. I asked him if he was going to put my items back into my bag and he just ignored me. Maybe if they want to check customers' bags and flip then inside out, they should pack it all back up? He also had to stick his head into my pram basket and shovel through my kids' stuff. Everytime I have to go through check out they make me feel unwelcomed and treat me as if I have stollen something. Disgusting.

Store LocationSpringvale

Getting too Fiddly

I bought a chest of drawers called NORDLI. The carcass went together reasonably easily as did the drawers. But the runners were of very poor design. Trying to fix the assembled drawers onto the runners was very difficult. Eventually I broke the plastic fixing out of the chip board draw side as the drawer simply refused to sit down and engage with runner. When doing this, the cabinet is assembled so one relies on the mechanism being a snap fit. This it is not. IKEA used to be cheap and cheerful, but always practical. My experience indicates that now perhaps they are too clever at the expense of simple assembly.

Bought a Bench top

Awesome service and delivery and awesome product. i would 100% go back. they delivery service was on time. the staff in the store where helpful and very friendly and the store is well set out

Ikea Brimmes Wardrobe

Very flexible and easy to install. Very easy to assemble with guide book provided to understand it better. Good value for money. Highly recommended and lots of variety are available in store or online to choose from.

Store LocationIkea QLD Logan

Online ordering, product quality and ease of use

We are regulars at ikea since we have a big family and need furniture that can store a lot without taking up too much space. Being able to order online has made our lives so much easier and only $9 delivery fee compared to $20 if you want to pick up from click and collect. Saves so much time searching in store and having to go through the long journey with four mischievous kids in tow. Furniture isn’t too bad to assemble once you know the basics. Quality is great compared to similar look alike makes from discount stores and Kmart!

Product Appearance As advertised

Very bad service and low quality product, please don’t waist your time and money

It took me 30 minutes for the staff checking the price tag were different to the one in the system, asked me as if I were a criminal, didn’t say sorry to me. I went home and opened the box, there weren’t any bolts and nuts for the cabinet, so I went back to return, IKEA waited me 3 hours for annoyance. Hate it

Store LocationInnaloo

4 weeks to deliver a light globe

Bought some smart globes from Ikea. They work great and the same day I got home I decided to buy a two more online.
I put my order in that night and received an order conformation. waited a few days and no delivery so checked my paper work to find the delivery date was nearly four weeks away.
Contacted Ikea customer service to be told that there is most probably no stock so the delivery date was correct. I've been back to their store to buy other items and even though the store was overflowing with light globes I'm still waiting for the delivery. I could have just bought them when I went back if i knew they take a months or longer to deliver
Don't waste your time buying online, just go to the store if you want some thing.

Worst customer service ever

We bought a sofa bed, a bed and 2 bed side tables around $3,000 purchase and then when delivered the track was higher than 3 m so it didn't fit the door to go to the visitor parking. They could not leave the goods and we have to pay again for the delivery. I consider their mistake that they didn't warn us about that and in the terms and conditions is specified that we should have sufficient space and access. As the goods that we bought fit in a van how the hell we are gonna guess that they will delivery it in a truck. This is the first and last time buying in ikea. I talked to the delivery team and manager and to my surprised they said they will return the money of the goods and i will loose the money from the delivery. This is so silly how come they prefer to loose a sell of $3.000 just because they didn't want to pay $69. I wonder if their executives know this. They should warn customers about this and modify their terms and conditions as is unfair with all the customers.

Store LocationRhodes waterside

IKEA! Toll is ruining your business. I cancelled my 2nd order and won't be back.

PROS:
-Seasonal choices in home wares, regular discounts and the ingenuity of flat pack/affordable items.
-Local Warehouse here in Adelaide, so shipping should/could be swift
-Pricing is competitive, an exciting find for IKEA lovers
-Online sale/offers
-No need to go to IKEA (which is a good thing)

Cons:
-Contradictory terms of service on the website (also, it's a hefty read)
-Patronizing customer service agents who will declare it's your fault for not reading the fine print, even though it contradicts itself every third paragraph.
-Website isn't user friendly and frequently stalls/crashes, with most items out of stock or unavailable.
-Home delivery is by Toll, who have their own special way of doing things (see their review for more on that by other people).
-Refunds/cancellations/returns are as ambiguous as the delivery terms and I'm yet to see the refund in my account as IKEA's official response was more an effort to enlighten me that I was at fault, not them.
-The level of customer/client assistance post purchase is chillingly cold and in very poor taste to the buyer.

Take Home message:
-They will ship your order when they want and won't always tell you (despite the website saying they will notify each stage of delivery. They didn't and they most likely won't.
-Toll will almost always come when you aren't home, return the goods to IKEA and you will need to pay for another delivery and guess when they will arrive.
-If you must have IKEA products, just go there or get someone who is to pick it up for you, unless you are at home 24/7 for at least two weeks after your purchase, maybe a month for larger items.
-Read, if not at least skim through all website terms of purchase before handing over any data. Since IKEA, I have walked away from majority of online purchases from big chain vendors. That great deal online is often just a great deal of trouble in the long run.

IKEA online is a huge blemish and embarrassment to the brand and IKEA Adelaide would be wise to address the obvious and fatal flaws to their (now) fleeing online customer base. Read the reviews and heed the warning. I wished I had.

You had me once IKEA but never again. Not ever.

Product Appearance Not as advertised

Horrific customer and delivery service

Placed an order on line. Waited a week for the delivery. I got call from the driver when he was 5 minutes away. Immediately I can here his partner yelling in the background about America and Americans using obscenities. I was applaud by what heard, I asked him to calm down and I would help direct him to my address. 5 minutes later I speak with the driver, while his partner yelled and asked if he should leave my stuff at a CVS. I said I’m here to help sir, I can help you, tell me what stores you see, your one mile up the road, after he gave me a landmark less than a mile. Partner screams screw this American. Driver gets annoyed with his partner whose completely irate and asks to call me back. Moments later I get an e mail stating I was not home. Flat out lie. In no way will I deal with a person like this, I asked for a full refund from Ikea. Complete unprofessionalism.

Brilliant professional amazing service

Yesterday I returned leftover unopened boxes from my kitchen instal. I purchased the kitchen in 2017 but due to unforeseen circumstances was unable to instal until this week. The young woman in returns was brilliant. Nothing was too much trouble, she politely asked us to wait so she could check my financial payment made in 2017 as I no longer had the receipt then 10 mins later she had credited my account and that was complete.
Next I went to the kitchen dept to purchase more drawer inserts as I had miscalculated. More helpful assistance! They drew up an invoice, directed me to the payment area downstairs and then asked me to attend the new warehouse in Grosvenor St to collect the inserts. All straight forward. I drove to Grosvenor St, parked outside the front door, walked in and handed over the receipt and there on a trolley were my goods already waiting. I was there all of 2 mins. I commend IKEA on their customer service, attitude, helpful nature, well thought out and efficient service. Truly a pleasure. My friend that was with me was so blown away she joined the IKEA family on the spot as she too is renovating. What a flawless experience, I rarely give reviews but I had to this time. Thank you.

Warranty Claim MadeYes

Kitchen purchase and installation

I paid for an in home consultation - less consultation more what do you want because I am not responsible for your choices and won't give you much advise. I was then given a design - check extremely carefully - some chopped up panels were used to create and island end panel and fridge cupboard unit - well that was the design! The over fridge cupboard was tagged onto the oven cabinet, not in place, in a vertical orientation (not horizontal) so how could this design be checked? Several expensive panels were ordered and slivers cut off them - such a waste, not to mention the landfill. I vote no confidence in the IKEA recommended installers. Be careful of hidden additional costs not in installation quote. Cupboards are lovely and drawers work well, with good quality fittings.

Store LocationIKEA Perth

ABSOLUTELY SHOCKING!!!! NEVER ORDER WITH THEM

Just revolting.
Expect you to be home for an outrageous amount of time. Was harassed with calls from Ikea while I was at the doctor with my sick child and then spoken to in a revolting tone by the customer service operator. Ikea should be ashamed of itself.
I would give them zero stars if possible.

Product Appearance Not as advertised

Excellent service from IKEA!

Online purchase was super easy. The sofa was exactly what I expected. The delivery, communication and updates were all spot on. The helpful, friendly team made for a really pleasant experience. Thank you IKEA.

Warranty Claim MadeNo

Unprofessional customer support team and poor delivery.

Spent a few thousands in Ikea due to moving into a new house. Had to call them 3 times to notify that they still have pieces and products missing. The last time I called some rude lady by the name of “Maria” from the customer support team in Nsw (could be a fake name) was so rude and did not try to help rectify my situation. It was like she just wanted to hang up. It was not like a spent a few hundreds, I spent over $5000 and I would at least like my money’s worth in service as well! Poor customer service definitely wont be going back to Ikea ever again! If I could, I would’ve loved to return these products for a refund!

Store LocationMarsden Park

Worst service I have ever experienced

We live in north Queensland ordered 3 kitchen work tables that was three weeks ago! Delivery was to be one week. We rang, and they have lost the consignment. Since there has been no phone or email updates. So where does that leave us? Ikea isn't cheap neither is the transport charges but seems they think once you paid their jobs over. Very disappointed.

Below terrible

The whole experience was beyond disappointing, from start to finish. Firstly parking, if you intend on buying up and want to bring a trailer don’t bother. It’s too hard. There is no signage stating that your parking ticket needs to be paid before getting into your car. I held the whole line up when I got to the exit and realised you couldn’t pay as you left. The staff are very limited and don’t really support you. Only direct you in the general direction, they can’t leave their post. The offsite warehouse... where do I start? Communication break down and completely impractical parking. I left in tears and with nothing (I was told twice that what I was after was in stock only to get there and one component was unavailable. I could have it posted to me when back in stock for $599... ridiculous! I have driven a 7 hour round trip to avoid this). I will NEVER be back. Utterly disappointing.

Store LocationRichmond Victoria.

Is the 25 year kitchen warranty indeed fake?

Saved for 7 years. Waited 3 months, yes that's right, (ENDLESS phone calls instigated by us, case number changed 3 times) to finally get an inspection and be told it was our fault that a practicaly brand new sunbeam slow cooker (on feet) had caused the massive crack through our $3000+ benchtop and it's not covered under warranty. Where were we supposed to cook if not in our kitchen, IKEA and Padstone? I hope this helps at least someone. Receipt included.

Warranty Claim MadeYes
Store LocationAs above

Ikea Online Store - Toll Delivery Failure

Ikea's delivery of furniture via Toll requires you to be home during a weekday for a 12 hour period awaiting its delivery as a signature is required (despite advising Toll that I was prepared to forego signature) or else the item is returned to a Sydney depot, if I had 12 hours to sit around awaiting a delivery I would have driven the 3 hours myself to their Sydney store.

Refusing to give me a replacement door - Kitchen

I feel so annoyed and frustrated this has been going on since October 2018. My corner cupboard got broken and I went in to replace it. I was told it was an older sized cupboard and they no longer make that size anymore. So they tried to help my sending me a cupboard that was the wrong size. When I returned to return the wrong size they said the only was they will help me is if I get proof of purchase which I cant do as I bought the house with the kitchen in place I have tried to get the owners contact to no avail. This is an Ikea kitchen they have basically said they wont help me even though the confirmed the warranty in this kitchen is longer than 10 years!! WOW just wow what a bunch of crap! I will totally Never ever buy your products again. You basically said go get a cabinet maker to fix it we wont help you.

Store LocationLogan