IKEA

Worst customer service in the world.

What a joke there online pick up service is. I purchased a bed and draws online. I was told over the phone to just go into the store and pick up the items. When I went to click and collect to get the items was the only person there in que. The service attends abruptly told me I have to wait until they process all of the other online orders first and it would take 30min. ( orders of people who were not even in the store) I told them I’m the only person here and I have to go to get to work but they still would not help. 3 ikea staff were standing around doing absolutely nothing. Will never go back there again. There customer service and care factor is terrible. Still waiting for my goods as 3 ikea staff are staring at computer screens and doing nothing about it.

Delivering my items

I bought some items on 12/4/2019 and IKEA supposed to deliver them next day as we requested but it appeared in the receipt that the estimated delivery date is after 8 days, this is one inconvenient the second one when we rang them they said we are going to deliver them on Monday (2days after purchasing) and they didn’t do it either.
In that case I would never encourage anyone to purchase delivery from ikea.
Credibility’s the core of any business.
Thanks IKEA for that experience and definitely I’m not going to buy from you again

Warranty Claim MadeNo

Don't expect your order to be delivered. Drivers are afraid of the dark!

After waiting all day for delivery of small items have been told it "could not be
delivered" - Toll driver obviously too lazy to either drive or walk up driveway in the dark. But I was expected to open my door to a stranger after dark. After 23 minutes on the phone I've cancelled the order, want a refund and will never shop online with you again. I feel sorry for the girls on the help lines, they must cop a lot of abuse. I see by the reviews that there are a heap of complaints, I should have read these before I ordered.

Warranty Claim MadeNo

Worst customer service / delivery service ever experienced

If you don't want to have a mental breakdown do not buy from IKEA... Worst service ever experienced... Deliveries do not turn up on the day stated more often than not... ring up to find out why... get nothing but put offs, get put on hold while something is looked into, if ask what is getting looked into dont expect an answer. Ask to speak to someone in charge, if lucky might get a Dept Supervisor who will also tell you he will check it out and get back to you... then doesnt.. when you ring back and speak to him he will pass the buck and say he asked someone else to get back to you and cant understand why they didn't... meanwhile still no delivery of the items you have paid good money for.. once again the merry go round will start up with a new delivery date that suits IKEA & the delivery company not you the paying customer, (Delivery fee was $89 + $20 wrapping fee for unpackaged item for delivery from Logan to Gold Coast an airtasker delivery would have been $50 )...
Lesson learnt: do not buy from IKEA if you can't carry home as you will be waiting waiting waiting... I should have read these reviews before buying...
I agree they have some amazing products in store but be very wary when buying as if anything goes wrong it's nearly impossible to speak to anyone who is willing to help

They sell Cr*P furniture

I went there to look at purchasing a few items the furniture is cheap & flimsy & not worth the money the staff were disinterested & there was no customer service staff were standing around talking to each other & ignoring customers

Warranty Claim MadeNo

Ikea kitchen- Only get one if you are prepared for lots of stress!

We bought an Ikea kitchen from Perth in October last year. I've waited this long to write the review in order to calm down and also to see how the actual kitchen is a few months in.
Positive- the kitchen is looking good, no issues so far and we were very happy with the Ikea installer that we used.
We had several trips to Ikea Perth to order the kitchen. On deciding on which kitchen we wanted, we went in to finalise the order to find that most of it wasn't in stock and that they can't reserve it when it comes in stock either. So you basically have to keep turning up at the store on the off chance they have what you need in stock and purchase it then. As we just didn't have the time, energy or inclination to do this, we had to do a complete about turn and order a different kitchen as that was in stock (mostly). We were told that the items that weren't in stock would have to be followed up by us and a separate delivery fee charged?!! Not good enough as this wasn't our fault. We argued the case with the duty Manager who kindly agreed that they would deliver the extra items for free and would also check themselves when they were in stock and set them aside for us (which should be happening anyway). I think the Manager agreed to this as he could see we were ready to combust.
Amazingly, delivery went well and all the kitchen was delivered in two deliveries two weeks apart.
We would never even consider visiting Ikea again after this experience.
I gave this 2 stars as we wanted to thank Lincoln, the kitchen designer who worked tirelessly to help us. I really feel for the staff in the kitchen dept, they have an impossible job.

Worst Delivery Service EVER

Over $10,000 worth of PAX & Komplement ordered from Logan store - that was the way part. Trying to get it delivered has been - to put it musky - a complete nightmare. “Customer Care” has blatantly lied to us about our delivery & it’s status! Having taken time off work to recieve the order we have now waited it home for two full days (no one calling us to tell us the order was in fact not being delivered as promised) we have now been told it’s going to be at least a couple more days before we can expect delivery (but no promises)!
Quick to take our money - Card factor zero since!
You should be ashamed to call it customer care!
What a joke.

Warranty Claim MadeNo

They sell the best furniture

I went there to purchase a computer table so I could put my laptop and my printer on it. The staff were kind to me and the service was amazing.

Product Appearance As advertised

Be aware of parcel delivery times

We were thrilled that Ikea now does delivery and that our item fit within parcel delivery specifications as it was a good delivery price and saves navigating the store.

Just be aware that estimated delivery times can be very misleading. Parcel delivery is through 3rd party provider Toll. Item was expected on a Monday as per info given and it arrived on the Thurs.

The saving grace is that with Toll you can nominate to have parcel left on doorstep if not home.

The reason for low rating is that Ikea and Toll make out that parcel will be delivered much earlier than what it actually is. I waited all day Monday before delving into terms and conditions and Toll delivery processes to realise it could come at any time in the coming days.

I wish I had read all the reviews earlier!

Easter Buffet 2019 Menu Delay

There is a very Swedish Easter Buffet for 17 April 2019. It is one of 3 buffets Ikea host annually (Easter, Seafood and Christmas.)

I enquired on 21 March 2019 about the Easter menu and was told it was not finalised, there is a delay and will be posted online as soon as it was ready.

I checked again on 5 April 2019 (Friday) and it is still not online. When I called Customer Service, I got the same message as on 21 March that it was not ready and may be up later this week or next. How does Ikea expect its customers to make a booking and pay for it without knowing what the menu is? And how long does it take to finalise the menu and post it online?

Faulty goods

Drove 1 1/2hours to IIkea Rhodes, purchasd a $350 dressing table with mirror. Upon opening the 4boxes, items were missing from box 2, box 3 which contained the mirror, -mirror cracked and timber mirror frame warped. Contacted IKEA Customer Service. Replacement of whole unit would be sent to us and our purchased boxes will be collected. Yay. not so smooth sailing-only boxes 1 and 3 were delivered, a random box of unknown items were included not even part of dressing g table unit, so again no constructing of table could occur. How many times does IKEA have to do to get it right. Now waiting for another four days for the missing boxes to arrive, hopefully they will be the boxes we need to make this table. Sorry IKEA you have poor quality control and no service to assist those who trust buying in good faith. No compensation either for all the wasted time. Not a fan of ikea. Perhaps only buy things you don’t need to assemble.

Warranty Claim MadeNo

uncontactable and no service available except to travel to walk in store

It is impossible to contact IKEA except to go in-store.
Website email does not work and you are prevented from ringing the store - no numbers are published.
The call center does not answer.
12 hour possible delivery window = unacceptable.
Not able to authorise leaving in a safe place because you can't contact anyone.
Wish i had never used the online store.

Warranty Claim MadeNo

Didn’t advise me that kitchen wasn’t coming!

Totally unacceptable Ikea! Ordered kitchen in store - dismantle whole kitchen and wait all morning for new cabinets - organise tradesmen etc - new kitchen does not arrive at all.. no one contacts me .. contact Ikea - they didn’t get it ready in time will be delivered in two days.. tiny flat with whole kitchen contents spread everywhere on the weekend of my birthday.. thanks for nothing Ikea.. ruined my weekend

never again

great to start of with now I'm annoyed had to ring 15 times very rude customer care won't be placing anymore orders wasted half my day and time still to no avail fed so rude
swearing and treating me like I'm a fool

Worst service

If only I can give 0 rating, I would have done so. Worst service ever. We received wrong items with sticker of our name on the boxes. Unlike couriers from other companies, the couriers who brought our items are plain stupid. Their arrival took longer than expected because they got lost. Plus, they just counted the boxes they brought without checking the items. The customer service staff who attended to our concern just apologised and not even compensated the customers for their mistakes and for causing too much inconvenience. Never will we be ordering items from IKEA Springvale anymore. It sucks! Very much disappointed! Such a big & rich company but very poor quality of service.

By the way, the guys who delivered our items kept on speaking in their native language instead of speaking in English. Very unprofessional.

Product Appearance Not as advertised

Crappy service

Crappy service. Unfriendly,rude,aggressive staff!
If you need help make sure you have time on your hands it will take a while to find available staff! Never shopping there again! Crappy experience

Warranty Claim MadeNo

Save your money, do not buy Ikea furniture

We recently paid over a $1,000 dollars for a Pax wardrobe. When we attempted the use one of the drawers, the screws pulled out of he melamine side panel. As a result, IKEA is now telling us that they will determine if the problem is a "fault issue, or, an assembly issue". In all truth, we assembled the robe according to the instructions and the first attempt to use the drawers saw the screws fallout and create a large enough hole in the side panel, that we can't use it, whilst keeping the same drawer configuration. This is a brand new wardrobe and the expectation is for it to survive, at least the first day of use.

Please consider your Ikea purchases and expect what you pay for. We regret buying this wardrobe.

Warranty Claim MadeYes

Rubbish - Fell off wall after a couple of months.

Recently bought an Ikea - kitchen - floor and wall unit for a granny flat.
Had the wall unit professionally installed by my builder. It fell off the
wall after only a couple of months. It would appear that the cupboard,
backing, is way too thin to take the weight of the unit. I have since looked
at other kitchen wall cabinets, they all have backing of around 16mm thick, the
Ikea one would have been lucky to be 2 or 3mm thick. Falling off my wall the
unit smashed my induction hotplates, dented my microwave and chipped my
benchtop. A cheap Ikea wall unit, has cost me $100's - absolute RUBBISH !!!

Absolute Rubbish - not worth the price

I’m satisfied with the range of stock, some of the pricing and the customer service but in the last year I have brought a bed, desk and bookshelf from ikea and they’ve all pretty much fallen apart as soon as I tried to move them. The bookshelf collapsed on my hand even being empty I went to try and move it and it collapsed in on itself. The desk still doesn’t sit properly because the screws don’t sit properly. I would love just to buy a diy flat pack that actually goes together without being wobbly and rickety. It’s definitely not my diy skills it’s the cheap materials. Not happy because I’ve had to replace all three items which initially cost me over $600. That’s a lot for diy chip board.

$20 fee to pick up items

Tried to schedule a couple small items for pick up, and upon checking out was hit with an absolutely ridiculous "service fee" - for what?? $20 for WHAT? To go pick up items that are already in stock? That's just plain theft! Shame on you, Ikea!