Ikon Institute of Australia

See the Best Education & Training Services in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Ikon Institute of Australia

• Teaching Staff
  • Learning Material
Mariah O.
Mariah O.Perth, WA

Best to study elsewhere…

DSV
DSVGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

The best step I took for my career as an Art Therapist.

Ikon TeamIkon Institute of Australia

Thank you for your 4-star review and positive feedback! We are pleased to hear about your great experience at Ikon and will be sure to pass on your feedback to our team.

Absolutely Great

This course facilitate Continual self reflection , curiosity of perspective and countless ways to transformed . The course content is great, and the caliber of teaching staff is exceptional, however accesses to course readings, course and subject communication is sub optimal at times. But always promptly resolved and staff are very accessible and easy to lease with.

Hi Michelle,
Thank you for your overall positive review! We are glad you are enjoying your time at Ikon. We will be sure to pass on your feedback to our team.

Donika
Donika

Incredible education

I graduated as an arts therapist from the BAT course. Ikon has offered me an incredible foundational base to work as an arts therapist within my community.
The education is beyond any other institution offers arts therapy education (trust me i shopped around, and also attended a masters somewhere else and left).
The assessments challenge students to critically reflect on self, theory and lived experience.
I cannot speak highly enough about Ikon.

Hi Donika,
Thank you very much for your wonderful review! We are so glad to hear that you've had such a positive experience with us.

Education & Training Services

Find out how Ikon Institute of Australia compares to other Education & Training Services

Another Brick in the Wall

In our assessments we are required to describe, evaluate, discuss, plan and talk about the importance, implementation and maintenance of the material. Unfortunately I feel in class we are not given the opportunity to fullfill these criteria. These way of learning is not stimulated in class as the learning is quite passive. The teacher reads slides for the majority of our online learning and the critical thinking and debating is non existent (face-to-face learning is also non-existent). She just deliver the lessons to get over and done with it.

Ikon Student
Ikon Student Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Don't throw money away!

Glenda Q.
Glenda Q.South East Queensland, QLD

Please go elsewhere

The academics have the hugest egos. The signing up process (admin staff) are incredibly rude and degrading. The receptionist who answers the phone is completely lovely. All the staff could learn from her. Please go elsewhere and save yourself a lot of money and heartache.

Eco-Psychotherapy Intensive

This retreat was beautiful, nourishing and educational. The perfect amount of doing and being. I feel confident in my ecotherapy practice moving forward and feel genuinly more connected to the land and nature.

Ikon TeamIkon Institute of Australia

Thank you Zoe. The retreats play such an important role in the experience, and we're happy to read your review.

Peta T.
Peta T.South East Queensland, QLD

Voice and sound elective 2021 Brisbane

The content of this elective was at times difficult but the lecturer Elisa James was a world class voice and singing therapist. Amazing transformation was gained during the 5 day intensive

Ikon TeamIkon Institute of Australia

Thank you for the great feedback and review Peta. We will pass on your comments to Elisa, as we are sure she would love to hear it.

Ikon_has_no_integrity
Ikon_has_no_integritySouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst education provider

Student at Ikon
Student at IkonSouth Australia

No support and fail to answer any queries

The worst educational provider I have been to thus far in which they never follow up ANYTHING and leave things UNANSWERED for months. I have never felt so unsupported as a student and would NOT recommend this school to anyone. The only decent thing was the quality of the teachers but educational support officer and management will leave you unanswered and frustrated - go elsewhere.

Deirdre
DeirdreMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Disgusted

Was considering this course but have changed my mind due to the unprofessional time frame of marking assignments, lack of compassion to students with suddenness of an immediate family death, non humanitarian, no area to discuss perception, extreme lack of support to several students I have discussed this with

StaceyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Poor support

The course itself was awesome. The Teachers were great. Too bad that the support the Students get from Ikon is very poor.

You will get minimal support when it comes to Placement and if your looking at an Exciting Graduation then forget about it.

Your support lasts until they get their final payment and then too bad, no more support.

I would not recommend study through Ikon. Go through someone who can provide a graduation.

Well done Ikon!!!

Cristina
CristinaFairfield

Eternally grateful

Studying at Ikon has been expansive, life-changing, and amazing. The course content was enriching, edgy and exciting, as were the teachers, who offered a high level of knowledge, wisdom, insight, and a whole of care and support. The staff, too, who constantly checked in on me to see how my studies were going, as well as enquiring into my personal life. I felt genuinely cared for. I have made such good friends as well and I am forever grateful. Highly recommend.

Jasper
JasperGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Amazing Education

I recently just started at IKON and I couldn’t believe what I am learning the course really does start with a bang!

The whole process from when first made contact with IKON has been truly amazing the person who I spoke to on the phone made sure that I knew what I was doing they couldn’t be more helpful.

Then classes started and WOW the content what you are learning in your first week, I have started other counselling courses at other institutes and this education is second to none.

Everyone at Ikon has been truly amazing from the person who enrolled me to the people I see daily on the campus, I couldn’t be more grateful at the opportunity that I have to study at IKON.

Jeannie E.
Jeannie E.asked

Hello,
I am looking into doing an arts therapy course and I am not sure if this Uni has courses with online training.
I am working and would need the flexibility to study online. Thank you Jeannie

Hi Jeannie,
Thank you for your interest in our courses. Unfortunately we do not have online study options at this stage, however if you'd like we can have someone contact you directly when/if this becomes available. Just email us at info@ikoninstitute.com.au
Cheers!
- Luke

Don’t do it Jeannie they are the absolute WORST education provider.

Bec K.
Bec K.asked

Hi, with the new campus at Byron is there any teething issues there.. I’m looking to do transpersonal counselling in November
Can we contact some past students &/or teachers to get an idea od there’s experiences ? Thanks

Ikon TeamIkon Institute of Australia

Thanks for your question Bec. We have been there for a while now, so there are no teething problems. If you send an email to info@ikoninstitute.com.au with your full contact details, I would be happy to arrange for you to speak with past students & academics.

Ingrid M.asked

Wow seems like people either love or hate the Institute... I’m contemplating doing the Adv Diploma in Transpersonal Therapy & Art Therapy. A career change. I’ve done a lot of inner work and therapy and I feel it’s time to do what I fell called to do! I wish the IKON representatives would respond to some of the criticisms. Sounds like they were having administrative issues?

Ikon TeamIkon Institute of Australia

Hi Ingrid as with any institution there can be teething issues at times, particularly with new course offerings - so thank you for being so generous in your thinking to acknowledge that. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss with you directly and would encourage you to contact me on 0438 426 850.

Ingrid M.

Thank you Leanne. Do you have email? I am currently in the US and I’m moving back home to Brisbane in a few months. So my best contact is email ingridm@y7mail.com

DONT DO IT! I have Studied at many institutions and completed many courses - this organisation is the absolute worst and they have absolutely no integrity with their values.

Get an answer from our members and Ikon Institute of Australia representatives