IMB Personal Loan

IMB Personal Loan

• Loan TypeFixed Rate (1) and Variable Rate (2)
  • Application Process
  • Timeliness
  • Loan Term4 years
SallyR

SallyRGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Im an idiot for not reading these reviews first

Like almost every other person, I too tried to obtain a personal loan through IMB, paperwork request and paperwork request, the person handling my application going on leave and not forwarding my application onto someone else to assist with. After all of that then they also want a copy of my employment contract, I explained that there are confidential sections in there which I dont feel comfortable releasing and asked outside of all of my bank history and employment verification checks do they want to see in my contract, Im happy to redact and send across. The agent didnt even know why she needed a copy of my employment contract. What a huge waste of time

Craig

CraigGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

If I could give this bank a zero rating I would.

We met the repayment criteria but as an established IMB customer their loan assessment teams questioned spending on accounts & choices made about a cancer survivors care. Worse Bank service ever.

Not so pleasant experience

I went to the Liverpool Branch today. My husband and I wanted to open a joint account. The lady at the teller was so rude. Her greeting wasn’t nice, she gave us a smirk as if we weren’t good enough to open up an account in their branch. We had all our identifications but In the end she didnt let us open an account. She was whispering to her staff. The way she looked at us, I felt like she was degrading us. I walked away thinking thank goodness. I won’t be dealing with this bank

Mariogoy

MariogoyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not recommended

I was attracted by the low rate they are offering and started application online. Contacted me via phone, looks everything was ok. All documents required submitted, then more and more documents....
I ended giving up.

mark

markSydney, NSW

Worst bank i have ever encountered!!!

SenFam

SenFamPerth, WA

What a ring around..made you jump through hoops

Applied for a car loan for a new car, after being caught by the lower interest rate offered. However as many people have mentioned the loan process , with the amount of information requested was totally out of hand, after 2 weeks of back and forth with more and more personal information requested. I gave up and applied with our local RAC finance, no issues at all and within 48 hours received approval. Just wished I had gone through them in the first instance, the whole experience left a sore taste ...can not recommend IMB at all..stay away!

Application Process

Vincent C.

Vincent C.Illawarra, NSW

Incompetent phone staff

Short of funds in Albury, money in IMB .. rang staff, set up payID, transfer by OSKO
silly me, thinking "external payments" would be opposite of internal ... ie IMB to IMB ... and I wo7ld be directed to osko from there ..
In hindsight, I should have noticed" OSKO payment at the bottom of the list ...
The phone staff just needed to say, " OSKO payments are last on the list .. hit that button only"₩

T.D

T.DSydney

Horrible customer service and worst loan procedure ever!

This is a horrible bank service. Apply for little personal loan and end up with millions +1 documents. Requesting for all kind of unnecessary documents and reject without a single explanation. Keep harassing for more and more and more documents through 100 phone call a day. Crap and scaling service. Warning to anyone plan to apply through them

A Former Customer

A Former CustomerGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Shoddy service, save your time and go elsewhere.

mathew

mathew

Reeling in customers with low interest rates and then screw them up.

Zoxy

ZoxyLaunceston

A sloth is quicker than their application process.

Complete joke.

First of all, the amount of hidden rates that they do not tell you about upfront is ridiculous, so don't trust their deceptive payback calculator. It actually ended up costing the same as all their competition in the end. The amount of completely unnecessary details and documents that they wanted for a secured car loan was unreasonable. We were 'provisionally approved' before they even told us about the extra rates. We ended up needing a loan quickly as we had a lowered price secured with a dealership, but the amount of excuses and need for more documents almost made us lose the deal. We ended up going with another place that accepted the loan within one hour and secured our car deal, no thanks to this shoddy IMB place.

Ad

The circus is in town they haven't got a clue

Seriously haven't got got a clue on car finance,
Trying to speak to an actual person is almost impossible the long wait on phone is not a free phone number.

They told myself and the dealership I was provisionally approved pending my documents match what I told them.
Guess what NOT approved, my docs match exactly to what they want, then cam the excuses.....

Chasing these cowboys is a joke, I'm now been approved elsewhere with no hassle and a direct phone number to the person I am dealing with.

According to a more informed lender is everyone is pre approved pending an actual application.

PVS

PVSMelbourne

Lacks customer service

Abbey W

Abbey WAU

WASTE OF TIME

Tried applying for a personal loan - the process took OVER TWO WEEKS!! I ended up applying to RACV instead (who were awesome). They didn't care that I already had a deposit on a car and that I wanted a quick process, they delayed it every day to call me and ask stupid questions and ask for forms that I had already submitted.
0/10, horrible experience.

Minh

MinhBrisbane

You please held me loans .because want money payment bill Internet an gas and phone thank you ......thank you please

josh

josh

Extra money missing through direct debit??

Recently took a car loan out. My bank account has been hit with double direct debit payments every fortnight instead of one.
IMB takes no responsibility and is unwilling to assist with the situation making me deal with my bank. My bank says IMB has definitely been receiving the money and registered 2 direct debits. IMB continue denying that they are receiving it and are offering me no assistance. The guy i spoke to from IMB now refusing to talk to me anymore saying this is an issue with my bank nothing they can do. My statement shows the money is going to IMB and the direct debit is going to the same user ID.
Terrible service. Will never use again.

Grumpy

Grumpy

****Warning***Do not use IMB Bank *** warning ***

My wife and I applied for a loan and it was a complete and utter disaster and a waste of time. They wanted a never ending amount of paperwork of which they did not understand. They wasted our time and because of their inability or willingness to to accept the information and they declined the loan.
We have plenty of surplus income and the next bank we went to approved the loan. The problem is we now have a declined loan on our record.
They simply got it wrong and we or you will pay the price. I spoke to them to see if they could rectify but they were not interested.
I personally think they are incompetent.
Don't say you weren't warned.

Ad

Just wanted to try someone other than the big banks and so far i'm not impressed.

I applied for a car loan after reading they were award winning and was referred to them by the Canstar website. I applied through IMB because they advertise you will be cruising around sooner with a fast application process in additional to their so-called focus on customers.

I had a callback once I applied and a message was left to call a 1300 number, I called this number over and over (right up till 8pm when they close) and after holding 2 mins you get diverted to a messagebank... Left a message, sent an email (as their voicemail suggested) and I haven't heard back in a day :(

Not a good start to a new relationship, I am unsure if I can trust a company that you cannot contact when needed.

ZQUAM

ZQUAM

Waste of time

3 days waited delay after delay for preapproval, did enquiry over my credit file and wanted to put car loan under my wife and my name when I am supposed to be the main loan bearer, should have told me all this before when I put my time and effort in collating all information for them including my payslip, bonus evidence letter, govt benefit letter and yet couldn't proceed. Extremely upset.