ING

ING

2.7

Sona

SonaSydney, NSW

Incorrectly underpaid Interest, locked deactivated my account and cant access my money.

Wont recommend anyone. Offered good interest so we moved my mums money to their bank. Instead of paying bonus interest in the maximiser account, they paid base rate. When I enquired about it, they blocked my mums account and the guy asked if I can send a selfie of my mum with the licence next to her face. It was nighttime and I said that was an inappropriate request but can be done if only way to open the account. When I said i can send that, he said dont, just do to a police station to Identify yourself. SOOOOO RUDE and WONT RECOMMEND TO ANYONE. Using power to take advantage of vulnerable people, block their money. Wont make an issue when u deposit. When u try to withdraw - makes lame excuses.

Regina

ReginaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Be Aware

We have had a business account with ING since 2012 and their service was good up until they deactivated the account 12 months ago when the company changed its registered office address. Despite ASIC proof and other details requested confirming the registered office and place of business the account remains deactivated. The excuse given is the lack of staff to process the paperwork and while the business can deposit money it cannot be withdrawn on line. Also MYOB accounting systems are not able to link ING to Bank Feeds.

TopicBusiness Banking
Rom

RomNorthern Region, NSW

WORST BANK EVER

I have been with ING for over 1 year and customer service was very disappointing. They are very slow at getting back to me about getting scammed. And waiting to get the money back.

Kera32

Kera32Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

You are just a number!

poor service! I opened up an everyday account in April. I made 3 transactions due to covid & getting card late. Made more than 5 transactions this month & an international funds transfer. Yet I was charged $100 fees and they won’t rebate because I didn’t make 5 transactions last month. Rep even said ok for me to close my account. They don’t care about their customers. Just a number. This is the time to show how good they are and they really disappointed.

Nicolas A.

Nicolas A.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good perks

I have an account with ING bank which they have been quick on providing responses when I have had queries even though when the service is online only as well they offer is some benefits like no foreign fees when you travel overseas as well that give you that feedback on your bank account which I find really good because I travel a lot good work

Harriet Randall

Harriet RandallGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great service so far

I recently joined ING and have been really happy with the ease and service so far. I am just using the everyday banking options and savings accounts. I have not had a negative experience so far.

TopicNew Account
RosiePosie

RosiePosieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great Customer Service

Long time customer and always very satisfied. Recently I needed to call ING Customer service twice and both times the people I spoke were very knowledgeable, helpful, friendly and prompt (I did not have to wait long on the phone). My questions were easily resolved in a few minutes. ING has always been easy to deal with. I am very happy.

Stuart

StuartSouth East Queensland, QLD

If I could give zero stars I would

I applied for a personal loan. Have a high income, perfect credit history and low debt. Was refused, and when I phoned to ask the reason why I was dismissed off-hand with “you don’t meet our credit criteria”. When I asked how specifically I did not meet it, the woman refused to give me any further information. Avoid this mob like the plague. Poor customer service and no transparency.

TopicLoan Application

App glitch caused duplicate payments but the bank has not paid me back

A payment issue caused by ING app resulted in duplicate payments being made. Called customer service immediately. Terrible customer service - was told it’ll take a month to look into getting my money back so I lodged a complaint however I was informed it will take 2 weeks for someone from the complaints department to contact me. I am out of pocket due to an issue caused by the bank!

TokenGesture

TokenGestureQLD, 4700

Time wasters

Robert TUBB

Robert TUBBSouth East Queensland, QLD

Personal loan.

Applied online and had conditional approval. Supplied more info than requested then was declined, adding a listing on my credit file. I was truthful with the information I supplied with the application, more the pity ING could not be honest.

Susan Harper

Susan HarperSydney, NSW

Not the bank to be with during a Global Pandemic, Consultants are rude and condescending.

It appears rules and regulations depend on which consultant you are speaking with at the time.
Still waiting for a promised call back from a supervisor but definitely not holding my breath

Amy J.

Amy J.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good for everyday banking

I've been with ING bank now for over a year and so far have only had good experiences with the customer service team. The app UI is easy to use and fit for purpose, although I'd love to see a feature that shows spending categories and monthly savings etc.

TopicATM Experience, General Transactions and New Account

Good everyday banking

I've had an ING everyday account for 18 months and they have been great so far. There's no fees and it's super easy to set up new everyday/saving accounts, which I do for different goals. Having zero fees is important - I was previously with one of the big four and they continued to charge monthly fees, even though I had been with them for decades. Moving to ING is a great move. Pretty much everything is handled online, which I think is great.

hoang2908

hoang2908

Car insurance refund policy is scam

Rang ING car insurance to cancel my policy. Policy was pay on 2nd of every month. Today is 9th of April, 2020 they replied they don’t do refund because the policy state u don’t get refund on monthly payment. I believe this is scam it wasn’t mention when I purchase online. After complaining for 15mins he said he will do good gesture to refund me $41...out $120. How do that work out? I don’t recommend this insurance to anybody especially it’s so many hidden clause. Never once I have any problems getting my refund from my insurance especially I haven’t finish the month. The worst thing is coronavirus situation and they say we are the priority. What a lord crap!!!

M8E

M8EArmidale

ING Personal Loan

Aly5

Aly5South East Queensland, QLD

Worst experience ever

Been with ing bank for a long time. They do not want to help at all. My elderly mother got a small tax refund and she just needs help getting it. Refused to help. Do not recommend this bank at all.

TopicGeneral Transactions

Closed my account because of "business transactions" even though I'm a sole trader

Called them about a problem and they said they were going to close my Orange Everyday account because of business transactions even though I'm a sole trader with an ABN and have done business transactions in the past.

TopicBusiness Banking
Pedro S.

Pedro S.Sydney, NSW

ING = Rubbish After 8 years being loyal customer they closed my account because no longer allow any business transactions!

Sand

Sand

When they say no fees, they mean it