ING

ING

See the Best Banks in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by ING DIRECT

Arash
ArashGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

My worst banking experience

I have worked for a bank and banked with almost a dozen financial institutions and my experience with ING has been my worst banking experience. They ask you to do identity checks every year. I understand KYC but just can't get my head around identifying your customer over and over again every year. I mean it's not like my identity changes from one year to another. Just do yourself a favour and stay away from them.

TopicGeneral Transactions
Sue W
Sue WGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Unable to access funds after 8 years

Disgusting customer service

"IF YOU DON'T LIKE OUR SERVICE GO AND FIND ANOTHER SERVICE PROVIDER" is what I was told by an ING customer service operator during a conversation I had when I called to address the inconvenience being imposed upon me when ING constantly blocks my account when I make online purchases.

The wait times on the customer service are ridiculous

I have called customer support twice over the last 10 days and experienced the same extraordinarily long wait times on both occasions. No customer should be forced to wait 3 hours to speak with a customer representative. To make it worse, the person was rude when I did get through and rolled out a stupid reason for the delay "the increase in interest rates has dramatically increased the number of calls." Something is terribly wrong and I fear they are going to lose customers if they do not fix this problem. I know I am considering moving my business.

TopicBusiness Banking and General Transactions

lucy
lucyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrible systems, worst customer service

I have been on hold for over 50mins to speak to a banker to find out my mortgage account balances. And this is after I rang them in the morning, was on hold for over half hour to be told that their system is inaccessible. I no longer have internet banking due to changing the account from any one to operate to 2 to operate! Other banks don't have this issue! The best thing about ING is that I am refinancing in 5 days and will never be an ING customer ever again. The Barefoot investor needs to stop spruiking ING! It was not this bad before but is simply terrible now.

Half hour wait time for a call

I've been banking with them for 6 years, recently got my online banking restricted because access code issue. Had to call them to reset my access code etc, turns out there's nobody to answer the phone. As there's no other way to reset the access code, I can't access my own account with my own money. Truly disappointing service.

sophie
sophieSydney, NSW

Terrible Customer Service

Every time I change my Home Loan they manage to stuff up the repayment dates.This morning have waited 20 minutes on hold to speak to them. Eventually had to hang up.The service level and personnel have deteriorated since I took out the loan 7 years ago. Would no longer recommend them

Super Funds Awards 2022!

super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Vanessa C.
Vanessa C.Sydney, NSW

Never bank with ING

If you would like to have a bank account that is closed or restricted without your permission and at the bank’s discretion, please go ahead and do banking with ING. If you change your name and haven’t updated the bank, your bank account will be restricted until you can provide a JP certified ID document proving your name change.

Junerose
JuneroseSouth East Queensland, QLD

Don't go with ING if you want good service

Find out how ING compares to other Banks

Horrific wait times and staff can't complete a simple task

Can't simply update a married name, 7 days and still no update, multiple errors, and phone call wait times of 35 + minutes each time. Awful service, I will be leaving

Mick r.
Mick r.South East Queensland, QLD

Do NOT bank with ING.

Do NOT bank with ING Especially for a home loan. They are thieves. They don't care about their long term customers and will literally steel your money.
10 years customer, extremely unreliable and corrupt and dreadful customer service.

Paul
PaulSydney

Can be great but can be very difficult

Tania D.
Tania D.South East Queensland, QLD

ING Direct is corrupt

Requesting ID cause overseas bank

Been with this bank since 2014,have problems every year,gave details 2 times got the ok and still suspended my account.Should be sued for freezing your account.They we’re good until they got a new ceo who had been working EU

Aliesha
AlieshaSouth East Queensland, QLD

No complaints

I’ve never had any bad experiences with ING, only one slightly frustrating fraud payment that was flagged & my account locked. slightly annoying that as an online bank you cannot verify and unlock your account without a phone call. After a few attempted long wait times I eventually got into contact with them and unlocked my account KAYLA was incredibly helpful and kind. I appreciated her help