ING

ING

Andrew M.

Andrew M.South East Queensland, QLD

Easy and easy to use

Left ing last year but realized that they are way better then the bank I left for easy to set up easy to use good service and fast all online

Wasted my time completely

Applied for a business savings account with ING. They wasted my time requesting documents with lots of back and forth and conflicting advice from their staff of what was actually required. When I rang back to enquire about this, the advised they have closed off my application and I would need to start my application from scratch! Wasted my time completely and I will be taking my business elsewhere.

Nile C.

Very poor communication and unreasonable deadlines, Care factor = 0

sal

salSoutheast, SA

Awful to deal with!

After 12 years of ING we had no choice but to leave them. Late with solicitor forms which caused a late settlement. Never get a straight answer of where you money is or how long things will take.

afthab

afthabMelbourne

Car insurance claim

Have a car insurance claim lodged with ING insurance. They request for the previous insurance details, emailed the details. Costumer service told me to wait 24-48 hours to claim to get approved, because they have no access to email we sent to them.
Now I have to wait 48 hours to get the claim approved. I think, it’s to better stay away from ING.
Follow up call from ING, claim is approved.
They informed they will give further training to their employees.

Linda

LindaSydney, NSW

ING just didn't care

As as existing customer with ING, I thought it a reasonable request, when I asked the Bank to review my home loan rate and match the rate they advertise for new customers. The answer was NO. They did offer a rate of 2.61% but not the 2.49% that new customers are offered. I wonder if they have ever offered the advertised rate to existing customers and if they have why not my husband and I. I would never recommend ING, they need to look at who are making these decisions. I bet they are proud that they saved the Bank money with no consideration for the customer. Wouldn't even back date the 2.61% to when I first made the request.

KYC (Know Your Customer) threats to freeze account for non-compliance.

Blake

BlakeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Do not join.... They treat customers like criminals

Stephen JS

Stephen JS

Customer for years. Now looking elsewhere

Left stranded without my money this long weekend. I have automatic transfers that happen every Friday. Being that it's a public holiday both Friday and Monday for Easter I have been advised that my transfers will not happen until Tuesday.

Well you might not push the money over to the other bank on public holidays but you certainly made it unavailable in my ING account. So if you can take they money surely you can push it. It's 2021 time for public holidays to no longer be an issue.

It's probably the same for all banks but you are the one I have the problem with.

TopicGeneral Transactions
Dave a

Dave a

Customer for years! No longer! KYC hell

Had to provide certified ID documents out of the blue after being a customer for more than a decade and after providing this when I started. Even just having a section I could upload these scanned documents to be reverified again would be easier than getting certified copies. Threatening to close my accounts is abysmal customer service and no other bank has forced me to reverify my ID. Stay clear of these guys!

Sheena

SheenaMelbourne

No fees but can't transfer funds internationally

No fees & app is easy to use. Also love the no fees on international purchases. Wish I realized you can't transfer money to an overseas account before closing my CommBank account. Seems like a pretty basic service from a bank that's missing.

TopicGeneral Transactions

Bank is great, no fees or any other strings attached

I use ING bank as my day-to-day account. It returns all international commissions and has quite good currency rate if you're overseas. Apple/Google wallet and no fees. If you don't have account there, feel free to get one and use the code so we both can get $50 HFS486

Awful experience

Told them at the start of a preapproval I was just returning from maternity leave and didn’t have payslips. They went back and forth for 3 weeks before telling us we were to high risk because of my unstable income (previously employed 8 years consistently in a field that has more jobs than qualified people). Asked them to reassess based on my husbands income and informed it would be an entirely new application.

Rod

Rod

Great bank!

Been an ING customer for over 5 years now. Always helpful service, no fees and even refund ATM withdrawal fees and international transaction fees! Their everyday roundup feature is also a great idea! I suggested being able to view statements in the mobile app. I was thanked for my suggestion and within a week this feature was available Thoroughly recommend!

Sarah

SarahBrisbane

Avoid at all costs

Tamara

TamaraBrisbane

Happy to lie to your face

Worst customer service you will ever come across. Home loan officer Amanda happy to lie to your face then when caught out just dismisses it like it doesn't even matter. Will just tell you what you want to hear to get you onboard but zero accountability when their staff tell you the wrong information! So I am meant to understand the loan document when not even your own staff can? Apparently it's covid times so it's fine for them to change it & not inform you. PLEASE AVOID.

John

JohnBrisbane

ING app is great, ease of use terrific, but customer service when card fraud occurs is disturbing

I have been with the bank for over three years after moving from Westpac. ING’s internet interface is easy to use and useful for our purposes. The rates are reasonable and the rebates received for international purchases are helpful. However when there were some fraudulent transactions on one of my accounts the process was far from ideal. The initial contact was crisp and clear, but waiting up to 8 days for reimbursement could have caused some financial stress, if the fraud had targeted an account with more funds in it.

So be aware that should your account be subject to fraud, reimbursement can drag on. I believe the bank could more flexible with customer financial requirements at the time of reporting fraud.

Helen W.Far North Queensland, QLD

Harassment at the enth degree

I have been with ING for over 20 years. Recently Ing requested I provide documents of identity which I did they knocked them back resubmitted accepted then my account was closed.

Helen W.

They have shut my accounts again how heavy handed is this. All my savings and tax accounts shut I cannot get any of my money out!!!! Or pay my tax!!!!

kathyasked

What is there interest rates on savings and term deposits

Amir
Amir

I don't remeber it now since it keep decreasing.

Thankyou

Neryll M.asked

Rate on interest for term deposit $250,000 for 6 or 12 months

Bruser

Bruserasked

I was a fully identified customer (100 points and then some), for in excess of 10 years. For no apparent reason, ING recently asked me for a Certified Copy of my Passport (already supplied as stated). They also asked several questions about my traveling history. Why? Because they are "complying with Government requirements".
Has anyone else been subjected to these ridiculous requirements? Why should I go to this trouble and expense?
Naturally, I have closed my accounts. However, just interested in other peoples' experience with ING.

Jonestown01
Jonestown01

I just got this crap as well. Threatening to close my accounts unless I provide certified ID docs and answer all these questions. I told em go ahead, I'm taking my money elsewhere.

Upfront momma
Upfront momma

Good for you. I'm going to boycott ING too. If you die your family will be put through hell trying to get your money. They are ruthless.

Anne Q.
Anne Q.

I got treated so bad. With same request for identity. Including source of income etc. I thought the calls were scams. There are warnings about identity theft all over their website. Finally called bank and they said too bad. Your accounts are getting closed today. Nice way to treat customers. Glenn is not nice person. Doesn't even allow people to fix it or have another option. My suggestion is to close all accounts and never bank with ING.