ING

ING

See the Best Banks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Leila

Leila

Was great until I had an issue

Belinda C.

Belinda C.Hunter Region, NSW

They are fine if you don't need to interact with any of their staff.

Every interaction I have with ING results in dissatisfaction. They are fine if you don't need to interact with any of their staff. Staff talk over the top of you and couldn't care less about assisting you. You would typically need to contact multiple times to have a matter resolved. Today the representative just kept saying is there anything else I can help you with, before Id finished speaking and he hadnt even helped with my initial issue! Ill be going elsewhere after my interaction today

Mico Cologne W.

Mico Cologne W.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Would 100% recommend to anyone interested

Discovered ING myself and from others. Searched ING's competitive rates.
ING Savings Maximiser is a definite 100% backup from Primary Savings Account.
Would and could 100% recommend ING to anyone If preferred to.

Andrew G.

Andrew G.South East Queensland, QLD

Great online bank and very competitive products

I've been with ING for many years and love this bank. They have one of the best banking apps in my opinion, very easy to use and great layout. Last year I did a trip to Italy and also took advantage of their 0% overseas fees and zero atm fees on the account. That helped save a lot in overseas fees and was a great feature they offer.

My past experience with their telephone customer service has been good and matters resolved quickly when requested. I would recommend this bank.

Maggie

MaggieSydney, NSW

Absolutely shocked how bad their service was.

TopicNew Account

Disrespected my marriage

Great experience with ING until I accidentally locked myself out of my account. The operator decided to provide me with financial advice based on 'you and your wife could split up' rather than respecting our marriage, telling us what banking secrets we should be keeping from each other (we have a joint account) all because I needed to change my access code. If you want to save money, join ING. If you want to feel respected as a human being, go anywhere else.

Jay

Jay

Worst bank . Applied for a loan waste of time

Worst bank possible
Andreas is terrible at customer service
No hope bank do not even bother with ING this they will waste your time completely
Waisted 3 months with this bad bank

Horace Y.

Horace Y.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

This bank rips of their customers by secretly charge late payment fee without notifying the customers

This bank rips of their customers by secretly charge late payment fee of $20 every week without notifying the customers in an effective way.
I contacted the customer service and she kept saying it's my own fault, they have nothing to do with this.
They want want to find a solution with you, all they do is pushing the fault to you.

Andrew

AndrewFar North Queensland, QLD

Woeful

Unable to access my funds as a linked account to external bank account is closed and ING still think its open my funds are in one ING account that cannot be transferred to another account making it impossible to access any money if you cant even do an internal transfer between your own accounts

Anonymous

AnonymousGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Frauds

Never go with them. They are frauds; their accounting is fraudulent. Preapproval and rates mean nothing because they pretend one thing and at the end of the day they will rob job, literally (not just they have huge rates).

Unhappy Chappy

Unhappy ChappySouth East Queensland, QLD

Everchanging Savings Maximiser Rates

TopicBusiness Banking, General Transactions and New Account

Anna

AnnaSydney, NSW

Worst customer service ever, poor operations, tricky terms

I’m a long term customer and used to enjoy the service ING provides. However, the quality had lately been on decline. The terms of savings rates are tricky making sure you won’t receive the premium savings rate. Customer service is poor and provides little to no support. Decided to leave ING after this experience too.

TopicGeneral Transactions

Went from the best bank to bottom of the barrell.

Expensive home loan rates for long term customers. Don't pass on cuts as often as they should. Their processing times are getting longer, customer service is lacking. I've had a mortgage with them for 10 years it's time to refinance.

Roxanne

RoxanneMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Home loan service is a joke

Took them over 2 months to decline our home loan without giving us a reason. We had to extend our already long settlement date for the house due to them messing around so much and asking for documents 2 days before the original settlement when they knew that date was so close. Also never heard from them about the progress of the application they only contacted when they wanted more documents. Worst I’ve ever dealt with went to another bank and got approved within 2 days

Rolf CP H.

Rolf CP H.Pilbara, WA

No one at home!!

I have tried to contact ING on the secure message option for 3 days now. One message / day with no responses. Customer service is obviously not the priority of this bank.

TopicLoan Application

Every person you speak to is very incompetent. Cannot get a straight answer out of anybody. Waste of time.

Trying to start a personal loan, my account became a ‘ghost account’. Apparently no one in the company can fix this. Had to wait for the minimum of 90 days to apply again. There was no way to overrule this incident.

TopicLoan Application and New Account

ING are an absolute joke! Shocking policies & user experience. Beware ... Very limited & lack flexibility

ING are a shocking company to deal with! Shocking inflexible policies & user experience.
Just lack the ability to help in most situations. Beware ... Very limited & lack flexibility.
I should have moved away when they started adding conditions to getting any decent return on investment funds.

TopicGeneral Transactions

I can't get a statement via email!

We no longer bank with ING. Only with them for a couple of years. They will not email business statements. You have to ask in writing, i.e. snail mail and wait for them to send it back via post. Last time I did this I did not receive anything back. Thought I would give it another go this year, but no, same procedure. I give up!

TopicBusiness Banking

Fay D.

Fay D.Tasmania

Embarassing

I would never ever bank with this idiot bank. Isla Fisher what an embarrassing ad. Big big turn off. Who thought this was Smart. The low quality amateurish ad is virtually what to expect in expertise. Aaagh

Worst service in the Market.

The home loan service is worst in the market
First thing they would not pick call for ages. If we register for call back the bank does not call you back ever. The loan approval process is the worst in the market. There is no coordination between different team in the loan department. I had to send same email multiple times to different people. The assessment is not done timely and go asking documents one by one. Because of them I went on extending my cooling off period and on the last day of my cooling off period again they asked me for documents. I will ask no one to go with ING for any service.

TopicGeneral Transactions, Loan Application and New Account

christopher

christopherasked

what are the conditions to receive extra interest. is it applied to both accounts

hammerhead
hammerhead

contact the bank & ask them

Michelle M

Michelle Masked

Who exactly qualifies for a credit card with these guys? I was told 3 days ago I was 'conditionally approved' for a $10K credit card after providing an initial raft of information and bank statements. Just needed to verify income (which I did in the form required - payslips) and dividends from my company (which I did in one of the forms required) and this morning received a 'sorry you do not meet our credit criteria'. Even my payslips show income over $100,000 and my credit file which they no doubt have should show that any credit card debt i have is paid in full each month.

george murray

They are the worst bank for credit cards they refuse just about everyone who applies go somewhere else

Naomiasked

How is ING for car insurance?? Does anyone have any experience??
I have been doing general banking with them for about 3 years with no issues.

george murray

Their insurance is underwritten by auto & general ltd owners of budget direct & quite a few insurance companies you are better off going direct to the insurance company & getting a quote 1st then compare that with ING paying insurance thru the bank the insurance company pays the bank a commission which would add to your premium Before you commit check the reviews for auto & general

Naomi

The auto and general reviews are terrible...

john smith
john smith

the banks insurance is auto & general i thought it was thru the bank until i looked at the banks insurance web site & down the bottom of the page in small print underwritten by auto & general ltd. they own budget direct

Get an answer from our members and ING DIRECT representatives