ING

See the Best Banks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Customer service was disrespectful and not helpful

Disappointed with the customer service over the phone, all we asked was to order a replacement card and they had an issue with someone speaking in the background so now we have to wait for a manager to contact us tomorrow just to tell them to order a new card, this should be as easy like other banks to order via the app. Unbelievable, we are very close to cancelling account if this is the difficulty to order new card.

These guys are a joke

I have a great credit history and got declined because I have credit card limits I NEVER use
they wouldn't look at years of statements with no amounts owing on them they just declined and said better luck next time
now I have an inquiry against my credit history all because of the typical protocol standards and not looking at my incredible clean credit history

these guys are useless - watch out

Review TypeLoan Application

Horrible customer support and handling of applications

Been with this bank for 4 years and they make close my account and start a new one and then when I call the customer care there is no consideration for being a long time customer because its a new account. And i havent yet been able to open the new account

Review TypeLoan Application

Slow to open credit card account

I have been with ING for 5 years, they had been awesome up until I went to open a credit card account. I applied 2 weeks ago, I called a few times to follow up, it was alway 3-5 days, after the 14th day I asked them to cancel the application. I’ll go back to one of he big banks. Massive waste of time.

Review TypeCredit Card Application

Finally a Bank that is good

The first bank I can honestly say that is good, does not charge fees, is just a good all round bank, no complications. We have transferred everything over to ING and their Visa debit is excellent. It is the bank that makes sense.

Review TypeATM Experience, Credit Card Application, General Transactions and New Account

Best bank I have ever been with

I have been a customer of ING with my transaction and savings accounts for over a year now and I haven't seen them put a foot wrong. They have the best technology (including Google Pay, Apple Pay and Osko), the best interest rate for savings accounts, An onshore call centre who have never failed to succinctly handle my inquiry, and best of all everything just seems to work - I haven't had any problems with downtime in the time I have banked with ING. Most tasks you can do online too without having to call (like replacing a lost card, opening or closing accounts, changing personal details) which is really helpful too.

I have no idea what I was doing beforehand but ING really do take all the stress and hassle out of banking and let me worry about other things. I hope this bank continues to be the market leader in service that it has shown it is.

Review TypeGeneral Transactions

No options to leave a google review, coincidence?

I had been with ING Direct in various capacities for over 15 years. They have slipped into irrelevance for me after declining to refinance a mortgage for a construction loan and declining a credit card application despite what I believe to have very good serviceability. Closed remaining accounts today. Will take business elsewhere. No option to Google review, how is this possible?

Review TypeCredit Card Application, Loan Application and New Account

A really good bank

I moved from commbank to ING a few years ago and ING have been a delight to use.
I use their savings and daily accounts and find them fantastic.
The accounts are free, I get international transaction fees waives, the exchange rate is the best I've ever seen - it's pretty much what google shows - which is unheard of.
There are no ATM fees, regardless of which ATM I go to - amazing!
Their interest rates on savings are pretty generous - but out current economy is causing that to shrink.
When I call their support team, it's always a short wait, just a few seconds, and their mobile app and website is amazing. Never had any issues with those services. They're innovating, so they have PayID, Google Pay and such.

So, when I say that they're a really good bank, I mean, a bank who does good for their customers.

I don't feel like I'm getting taken for a ride, being their customer.

I did feel that at commbank - you walk into their branch and they have people greet you like you've walked into some kind of hotel? Who's paying for you to stand there?? It's me - I'm paying for your darling harbour office buildings and barangaroo complex. No thanks.

ING are good.

More than 2 weeks and still a new account not opened

We have had accounts with ING for about 18 years. Trying to open an account now for our super fund. Hand delivered hard copy signed documents to their premises and had them checked by their staff. That was more than 2 weeks ago and still the account is not opened! Not happy, Jan ....

Review TypeNew Account

Customer Service is hopeless

Been with this bank for over 10 years. Customer Service need to be re-trained as some of the info they give you are incorrect. They also dont warn you that they going to put a block on your card if they suspect it being compromised which put me in an embarrassing situation after filling up my car at the petrol station.

Awful!!!

every day they want us to provide them with identification documents. They have closed my account without any notice and they claim this is because I have not responded to their emails, while I had not any email from them except advertisements ones! This is an awful terrible bank!

Worse Bank Ever - Identification Process Hopeless

ING is the worse bank I have ever had to deal with. I have spent hours identify the AU (authorized Users) as we are called. Sent them over 50 e-mails with identification for over 17 people. The process goes on. Do not touch ING. They even asked me to get a form signed by 17 people who live and work all over the world, but there was only space for 4 people. They all had to sign the same form. LOL. Incredible.

Worse Experience Of My Life Opening An Account With ING

IT's taken over two months to try open an account with ING and it's still not open. The website is absolutely horrific and won't work on lots of browsers. I only wanted the account so I could take money out abroad without being charged. I ended up using up.com.au as they are amazing for travel and guess what? It took me less than 2 minutes to set up the account and got the cards within 3 days.

Review TypeNew Account

Nil Stars - absolutely hopeless bank

Been at this organisation since 2010
No not reliable at all
Very poor have tried 4 times to get a bank statement mailed out because they don’t send electronically. Go figure, the last time I looked it was 2019 not 1999

Review TypeBusiness Banking

Used to be ok

Been with ING for over 10 years
Very good at first with low fees and good customer service

Now dreadful service and much the same as all the other banks

Looking to get out but to where?

Review TypeGeneral Transactions and Loan Application

DO NOT TOUCH ING!!!!

loyal customer for years and they stole $14,000 of my money.Worst bank ever and refuse to ever ever bank with them again! Overdrew my acct by $14000. THEIR ERROR as the debited my account twice. Now refuse me access to MY MONEY that has over $12,000 in there

top notch

at the end of the day what makes ING Direct deserving of their 5 stars is their customer support team, 24/7 support with people actually based in Australia that are fast and savvy

ING bank....If I could give no stars I would!

Our local volunteer group has used ING for over 10 years with no trouble. Since April we have been hounded by emails requesting documentation as proof we are not terrorists and not money laundering. After an exhausting process of emails, certification of private documents and ING not being able to share these documents between their own internal departments they are threatening to close our account.
ING in my view has the worst customer service in a bank I have ever experienced and will be encouraging anyone to not deal with this bank unless they have copious amounts of time to spend on the phone trying to resolve very simple issues. They use the excuse they are an international bank and have more regulations however they just need to use some common sense. Just withdraw your money, go elsewhere and let ING continue to fund overseas terrorists because they certainly don't want to fund legitimate Australian volunteer groups and businesses.

Review TypeBusiness Banking

The only good bank in my opinion

I've been with ING since 2009 or so. The fee free everyday account and savings maximiser can not be beaten in the market. They are the only bank I've known to give such great rewards and bonuses. I've only had one problem in 10 years and it was resolved the next day. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about them, will be a loyal customer for years to come if all stays as good as it is now.

Good bank

24/7 telephone support is good for people at work. Saving rates are initially good but now lower compared to other internet banks. The app is quite smooth.
Best part is no international transaction and ATM fee. This saves a lot of $$

They said if you made a mistake when using payid then you can’t get your money back. Not in terms with what the financial ombudsman said

Review TypeGeneral Transactions

Who exactly qualifies for a credit card with these guys? I was told 3 days ago I was 'conditionally approved' for a $10K credit card after providing an initial raft of information and bank statements. Just needed to verify income (which I did in the form required - payslips) and dividends from my company (which I did in one of the forms required) and this morning received a 'sorry you do not meet our credit criteria'. Even my payslips show income over $100,000 and my credit file which they no doubt have should show that any credit card debt i have is paid in full each month.
They are the worst bank for credit cards they refuse just about everyone who applies go somewhere else

How is ING for car insurance?? Does anyone have any experience?? I have been doing general banking with them for about 3 years with no issues.
Their insurance is underwritten by auto & general ltd owners of budget direct & quite a few insurance companies you are better off going direct to the insurance company & getting a quote 1st then compare that with ING paying insurance thru the bank the insurance company pays the bank a commission which would add to your premium Before you commit check the reviews for auto & generalThe auto and general reviews are terrible...the banks insurance is auto & general i thought it was thru the bank until i looked at the banks insurance web site & down the bottom of the page in small print underwritten by auto & general ltd. they own budget direct

Would ING be a good bank to open a savings account with? I do not want to withdraw money, just save it. I'm trying to choose a different bank than my normal one so I cannot have instant access to it, to avoid temptation.
No, I would definitely go to Westpac and open a Westpac eSaver and go down to the branch then ask them to put a block on it so you can only withdraw at the branch so avoid temptation like I do.No ,most of the time during transactions they have no idea where your money isYes ING is good i have been with them 15 yrs Forget westpac

CategoryBanks