ING

ING

• Topics
    • General Transactions (48)
    • New Account (28)
    • Loan Application (24)
    • Business Banking (10)
    • ATM Experience (8)
    • Credit Card Application (6)

Bruser

BruserPerth, WA

Deteriorated To The Pits

Happy Customer ++++

Happy Customer ++++Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Breath of fresh air.

My first venture into an online bank. What a delight, we grew up in the generation where we were on first name basis with our local bank manager. We were encourage by Scott Pape's recommendation and we have not been disappointed. Managed to set up an everyday account, so impressed we have transferred our savings to the savings maximizer account. Love the 24 hour support helpline to guide us through any hurdles. We are now sold on ING, well done.

TopicNew Account

Crap service

Breakdown on my way home called ING, been advised someone will be there to help me within an hour, more then an hour still waiting, now advised me another hour and if I don’t get help call them again crap service

Rayray

RayraySouth East Queensland, QLD

Switched from Commbank and wished I'd made the change years ago

I have nothing but good things to say about ING. I had been with Commonwealth Bank for the last 10 years and decided to make the switch to ING about 4 months ago (may have had something to do with reading the barefoot investor book). I wish I had made the change years ago!! Love the 'No ATM' fees, and not to mention the interest I make on my savings. When I compare the atms fees I've been charged with Commbank over the years and also the minimal interest earned on my savings, its a joke! Loved ING so much that I ended up taking out a home loan with them as well. Have had no issues at all. Thanks ING :)

TopicGeneral Transactions and Loan Application

Rod

RodSouth East Queensland, QLD

ING disaster!

Had 45% deposit for home loan, professional employment and application process and the people were both terrible.
Many exaggerations and my app touched 4 different persons.
So much for customer service.
Worst ever!!!!!

TopicLoan Application

SkinnyJase

SkinnyJaseMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Simply the worst when it comes to Mortgages

10 years with the bank which means 0 loyalty.. and dealing with rude staff (especially [name removed]).
Website is antiquated and they need to learn about e-forms. Plenty of people write about how good their savings account is.. which is fine, but this 1 star rating is based purely on dealing with their mortgage department. Stay away.

TopicLoan Application

azl19027

azl19027Sydney, NSW

Customer service beats NAB hands down

I’ve had my savings with ING for around 6 years and their customer service is excellent - far superior to NAB. ING Staff are intelligent and switched on and authentically helpful.

Comparatively NAB are ignorant time wasters who are “pretending” to be helpful. Makes one feel nauseas and irritated.

ING online system easy too.

I wonder if ING do business banking ???

Anne

AnneMelbourne

Customer Service Thank you

I had a year fixed term account with ING. I needed the money in a hurry. David at collections.hardship@ing.com.au were very understanding and helpful. I got my money in time. Thank you

spa3e

spa3eGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

the bank with so much potential...

Disappointed. Disgusting customer service, I was left feeling sick to my stomach. How dare they let someone speak to a customer in that tone, is honestly so bizarre. I used to love this bank... until they reduced their interest to a terrible big 4 rate, glad to be moving soon.

Ki Sung Lee

Ki Sung Lee

Terrible contact and service - couldn't even reach the account activation stage

Tried to open an everyday transactional account and a savings account. Seems pretty basic to me - it was anything but. Why it took almost 3 weeks of back and forth to contact them I have no idea. And they don't email you or text you with what they need from you - they text you telling you to call them. This happened 4 times just trying to open the accounts. With the 5th call to them I couldn't be bothered putting up with the run arounds anymore and cancelled the accounts. Worst first experience I've ever had with a financial institution.

TopicNew Account

pauluswmaximus

pauluswmaximusGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Love the bank

Have all my banking coming over to ING. Love the round up saver and the Easy to use nabbing app. 2020 so I don't really need to contact my bank. Live chat is also not secure so I won't use them

simondbeach

simondbeachSouth East Queensland, QLD

Absolutely no flexibility

Had a term deposit that matured 30.12. Hard copy statement arrived 6.1.20. I missed the 7 day grace period to change instructions by 1 day. Nil, zero flexibility offered by ING - really poor form. Will not bank with them again - it was a significant term deposit.

Joe

Joe

Nearly a week still waiting for money to clear

I directly transferred money to my ING direct account on Thursday it is now Wednesday and I still can’t see the money in the account. Called ING direct and complained still didn’t fix the problem. Will be cancelling my accounts with ING direct as soon as I can transfer my money back into my other account. Very disappointed

TopicGeneral Transactions and New Account

Worst customer service experience ever.

I've had an account with them for 2 or 3 years but I've never been able to do anything other than transfer money into it. I wanted to take my money out because it's a useless account but I don't have a client number. All the info on the site is useless because I don't have a card or any statements from them and when I called it said there was a retrieval tool that doesn't exist. When I tried again it said there was a link on the login page but there isn't. awful, will never use again, stole my money.

Alan B.

Alan B.South East Queensland, QLD

I dont know what all the hype is about.

A responsive bank

A great bank! They even implemented a suggested improvement I made to them with regards to their phone app. I have been with ING bank for a few years now and have found them quite helpful, this is the icing on the cake!

Romy

RomySydney, NSW

Totally lack of communication

TopicBusiness Banking

Leila

Leila

Was great until I had an issue

Belinda C.

Belinda C.Hunter Region, NSW

They are fine if you don't need to interact with any of their staff.

Every interaction I have with ING results in dissatisfaction. They are fine if you don't need to interact with any of their staff. Staff talk over the top of you and couldn't care less about assisting you. You would typically need to contact multiple times to have a matter resolved. Today the representative just kept saying is there anything else I can help you with, before Id finished speaking and he hadnt even helped with my initial issue! Ill be going elsewhere after my interaction today

Would 100% recommend to anyone interested

Discovered ING myself and from others. Searched ING's competitive rates.
ING Savings Maximiser is a definite 100% backup from Primary Savings Account.
Would and could 100% recommend ING to anyone If preferred to.