ING Home Loans

ING Home Loans

Skip

Skip

Waste of effort and stress.

Be prepared for poor service and stress for a good loan rate from them. I was lucky and come to my senses after two weeks of being told you will get a call back from a specialist (clearly over worked) the first specialist that was helping me quit and no one thought to check his emails.... There are better places to go with just as good rates.

Loan used forFirst Home

Jade PNew South Wales

Regrettable Choice of Lenders

Jo B.

Jo B.Hunter Region, NSW

Loyal customer over 7 years, paid two combined homeloans of 800k loan down to 75k. Application to access redraw denied.

Poor customer service from homeloan team will ensure we will take our loan elsewhere. Wanted to access 50k redraw, only to be told we cant access funds despite having already paid off 725k on a 800k loan in 5 years. Reason given, lending criteria has changed since we took on loan. No loyality to long term customers, offensive attitide by phone staff who actually told us we should of put savings aside rather than straight onto homeloan if we wanted to do later renovations. Having never missed a payment , being 20 plus years ahead in homeloan, putting up with no warning rate increases on their end my utter dismay at their dismal service will see me take my buisness elsewhere.

Anusha

AnushaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Inconsiderate Bank

The bank is extremely inconsiderate when it comes to dealing with customers. Specially during this pandemic while we all struggle the bank is out to make money.
We signed up for a home loan with ING to be slapped with a .2% increase in the interest rate on the date of settlement without any prior information. I have contacted the customer care multiple times they did nothing to help us except for being courteous. While the other bank rates stayed constant or went down ING raised their rate on us. I would never recommend ING.

David W.

David W.

Assessment criteria unclear and high

Being a long standing banking customer and after being conditionally approved for a mortgage to suck us in, ING ran us around and then let us down on finance. This meant we missed our finance deadline finding out a day before the clause was due. After being told everything was good right up till then we have been quite upset.
According to a broker I found out after that they are assessing you at at much higher rates. (Something like 8% compared to 5.5% at the other banks)
Poor communication, lack of understanding for clients position has taken me from a Strong promoter of ING to a major detractor and I would not recommend anyone deal with them.

Psmith

PsmithPerth, WA

ING Home Loan.Badness

Adam L.

Adam L.

no hardship for chronic depression

Sand

Sand

Easy, but increased our rates out of cycle

Cisco

CiscoSydney, NSW

Happy overall, but could be better

Tristan A.

Tristan A.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Loyal ING customer shafted ...Warning interest rates go up after you settle for no apparent reason

Stressful mortgage application

SZ_DD

SZ_DDGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worst home loan customer service

Don't care about existing customer . No quality service ! Don't go before you regret . No offer competitive rate for existing customer , communication extremely poor with Home loan team , Home customer speak with attitude . Never consider about them ever again . They won't drop the rate and encourage to change to another bank , before that they would tell you to reconsider the cost of changing and definitely no change rate from them. Hahaha Bye , Will not recommend to any family and friends .

Benny M

Benny MSouth Australia

They don't care about you at all

ING does not care about you and that's why they never respond to these reviews...
ING charges me 3.44% for my Orange Advantage loan, however if I'm a new customer then they charge me 3.08% for the exact same loan... When I question them on this, they tell me the cost of lending has changed... I emailed them and called them and on the phone they essentially told me to just go somewhere else and there was nothing they are willing to do for me. I will never do business with ING again. I will just pay out this loan by the end of this financial year and your stupid marketing team will likely spend hundreds of dollars trying to bring me back...

Andrey

AndreySydney, NSW

4 months since got the loan - so far so good

Luckily, we managed to avoid the issues stated in many other reviews, for now. Possibly because we got in just after the RBA rates were lowered, so ING haven't increased the 'honeymoon' rates in this market situation yet.

The service and the process of getting the loan were very efficient and sleek - minimal phone contact, everything's done through online forms and emails, ID verification done at home via mobile verification team with very flexible appointment hours, first home grant taken care of, minimal extra fees paid to ING solicitors, the app and online banking are great and easy to use, with the ability to connect Round Up to your home loan account.

Nothing really to complain about!

ing break costs

interest rate was raised a day after I signed up

Loan TypeSplit

HEADsydney

Joke-ING

Used to be the first to drop rates before the so- called big four now they even lag behind in the full rate reduction&the start time in which they do it. Disgust-ing
Now in 2020 there is a big problem as can't transfers internally for 2 weeks now and getting no answers just platitudes from the bank!

HEAD

A Dutch company do all the profits go back to Holland?

HEAD

Anybody having trouble transfer- ing monies from the bank to other accounts?

esilio b.

esilio b.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

wholesale swap rate for breakeven costs, and it is not released

robscherer

robschererAU

Suck you in with low rates then screw you

They suck you in with a low rate to begin with and then deliver multiple out of cycle rate increases.

I had half my loan variable and the other half fixed. When the fixed portion of the loan ended, I asked them to roll it into my variable part of the loan. They told me they could do that but the rate on the previously fixed amount would be .4% higher than what was in the original variable amount. They refused to budge. So some of my lending was OK at one rate but another part wasn't? LUDICROUS!!

I took my business elsewhere.

Ashish

Ashishasked

Bought home loan from ING and the interest rate keeps on rising. When I asked the reason they said we don't even need to inform you the reason. Had long email conversations with them stating that this is illegal what you doing. ACCC calls it bait marketing. You cannot offer different interest rate for same product to different customers. It is unfair. I think ING customers need to get together and look for Class action against ING for such behaviour.

Oztralian
Oztralian

Yes, we should!

Weiwei

Weiweiasked

I have recently signed up with ING for my home loan and am confused. Every fortnight, a "repayment amount" gets deducted from there everyday account and "credited" into the home loan account. Is this the principal payment only?
And then does interest get deducted again at the end of the month?

thanks

YLe
YLe

if you signed up for principle and interest repayment then your repayment should include both principle and interest in every transaction.

kerrie

kerrieasked

How long does it take for approval?

SpankyMK
SpankyMK

I think ours was only a few days, it then took about another week to get the paperwork completed and signed with money transferred.

Windiwoo
Windiwoo

From memory it took about less than a week. My property was appraised so if you don't need that done it would be quicker. I arranged mine through Mortgage Choice and it was really very simple and not time consuming from my end.

Pieeater
Pieeater

For me there was a problem with their valuation of the property I was buying. The valuation was below the purchase price, which was not an issue for me, what was an issue was that no-one had bothered to tell me until I chased things up. If you go with ING and really I wouldn't if I was you then be prepared to keep on them to keep things moving. Have a look at some of the other reviews on here regarding interest rates, they are slow to decrease when the RBA drops and quick to increase them once they have you signed up.