ING Home Loans

ING Home Loans

Brand Manager for ING DIRECT? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Dsc R.
Dsc R.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Never go for ING Home Loans

Home Loan experts?

Great Internet and App

Have used ING on many occasions, yes it is primarily internet based so you dont get any advice, as you get from a Broker, but ING have great platforms and Apps. Would have no problem in using them again.

Shambolic Process

Their variable rate is not really variable, and the refinancing experience was bad

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Nic_M
Nic_MGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Application process a nightmare. Loan rates are great

Donna
DonnaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Can’t fault them, they are awesome

These guys are bloody awesome. Their app is so easy to use, you can contact them via the app and have a response within the day. If they can’t help you via the app they’ll arrange someone to call you so you don’t have to wait on hold. I’ve been with them for six years and I can’t fault them. Highly recommend.

Matt
MattSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Deliberate Waste of Time

My experience almost reflects the other reviews exactly. I was pre approved (which was an ordeal in itself) and was told that approval would take 2-5 days. I found a property and was advised that approval was a given, considering my salary and it was fine to pay a deposit. 7 WEEKS LATER after a ridiculous chain of errors and requests (at one point they even asked me if I had capacity to wire a stove) they declined. The excuse given was bushfire zoning and resell time. Both of these conditions were there from day one!! They finally declined less than 24 hours before the finance clause expired. I got a better loan from a broker within 7 days. DO NOT bother with ING.

Sam
Sam

Will actively waste your time

Application Process

Jen
JenGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Ridiculous & Insulting - take your mortgage elsewhere!

Wanted to refinance to take 10k for renovation. Impossible to deal with. Wanted the house revalued! Im in a high paying job with lots of equity in our house. Was moved between various people. They asked for evidence of a credit card closure (had been closed 5 years ago). The bank sent an email. Not good enough, they wanted a written letter. Ridiculous, frustrating and insulting.
Taking my mortgage elsewhere. They obviously need some skills in finance... they would make more from a 25 year mortgage then they would approving 10k!

Skip
Skip

Waste of effort and stress.

Be prepared for poor service and stress for a good loan rate from them. I was lucky and come to my senses after two weeks of being told you will get a call back from a specialist (clearly over worked) the first specialist that was helping me quit and no one thought to check his emails.... There are better places to go with just as good rates.

Loan used forFirst Home

Jade PNew South Wales

Regrettable Choice of Lenders

Jo B.
Jo B.Hunter Region, NSW

Loyal customer over 7 years, paid two combined homeloans of 800k loan down to 75k. Application to access redraw denied.

Poor customer service from homeloan team will ensure we will take our loan elsewhere. Wanted to access 50k redraw, only to be told we cant access funds despite having already paid off 725k on a 800k loan in 5 years. Reason given, lending criteria has changed since we took on loan. No loyality to long term customers, offensive attitide by phone staff who actually told us we should of put savings aside rather than straight onto homeloan if we wanted to do later renovations. Having never missed a payment , being 20 plus years ahead in homeloan, putting up with no warning rate increases on their end my utter dismay at their dismal service will see me take my buisness elsewhere.

Anusha
AnushaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Inconsiderate Bank

The bank is extremely inconsiderate when it comes to dealing with customers. Specially during this pandemic while we all struggle the bank is out to make money.
We signed up for a home loan with ING to be slapped with a .2% increase in the interest rate on the date of settlement without any prior information. I have contacted the customer care multiple times they did nothing to help us except for being courteous. While the other bank rates stayed constant or went down ING raised their rate on us. I would never recommend ING.

Read more reviews - page 2

Ashish
Ashishasked

Bought home loan from ING and the interest rate keeps on rising. When I asked the reason they said we don't even need to inform you the reason. Had long email conversations with them stating that this is illegal what you doing. ACCC calls it bait marketing. You cannot offer different interest rate for same product to different customers. It is unfair. I think ING customers need to get together and look for Class action against ING for such behaviour.

Oztralian
Oztralian

Yes, we should!

Weiwei
Weiweiasked

I have recently signed up with ING for my home loan and am confused. Every fortnight, a "repayment amount" gets deducted from there everyday account and "credited" into the home loan account. Is this the principal payment only?
And then does interest get deducted again at the end of the month?

thanks

YLe
YLe

if you signed up for principle and interest repayment then your repayment should include both principle and interest in every transaction.

kerrie
kerrieasked

How long does it take for approval?

SpankyMK
SpankyMK

I think ours was only a few days, it then took about another week to get the paperwork completed and signed with money transferred.

Windiwoo
Windiwoo

From memory it took about less than a week. My property was appraised so if you don't need that done it would be quicker. I arranged mine through Mortgage Choice and it was really very simple and not time consuming from my end.

Pieeater
Pieeater

For me there was a problem with their valuation of the property I was buying. The valuation was below the purchase price, which was not an issue for me, what was an issue was that no-one had bothered to tell me until I chased things up. If you go with ING and really I wouldn't if I was you then be prepared to keep on them to keep things moving. Have a look at some of the other reviews on here regarding interest rates, they are slow to decrease when the RBA drops and quick to increase them once they have you signed up.