Inspiring Vacations

• Trip Completed Yes (7) · No (42)
  • Ease of Booking
Carol

CarolSydney, NSW

dont touch them

Fighting with this company at present. Had Egypt tour booked, tour cancelled, due to covid .
Would not consider refund, credit note only . Kept pushing, was offered partial refund , with a disclaimer in the fine print that this may not be the final amount, but a right to revert to credit note was not an option..
Payment date was given as just after 30 nov - they have now said they don't know when I will get my money.
I have submitted this to ACCC and Vicat but they are overloaded .
They don't seem to be an accredited travel agent with AFTA- not sure if they belong to IATA

Would not touch them - very worried they will go down the drain and I will lose all my $5200 - not just $1200

Gino

GinoHobart, TAS

Seems like a sham

This company appears to be a sham.
With Travel suspended they are still demanding ongoing payments as part of their periodic payment system, knowing that the tours will not go ahead.
They then offer credits and the price of tours go up, so you're forever paying more and more.... but not travelling.

moony

moonySydney, NSW

Dealing with CoVid problems

As many people due to CoVid my trip to Japan was cancelled. Whilst friends of mine (who deal with some other companies) don't even get a reply to emails or telephone calls would just 'ring out'. I would like to note that Inspiring Vacations and the personal communications have been nothing short of outstanding. I cannot imagine how difficult this time has been for companies such as Inspiring Vacations but feel as a company they could not have done better. Thank you. I do hope that I can travel to Japan in the future and will be looking at Inspiring Vacations to do so.

Barb

BarbSouthwest, VIC

Part refund

I am still waiting for the rest of my refund of $1228 people overseas get a full refund so why don’t we here in Australia?This is way to much to withhold.

Affordable travel - with lots of bells & whistles

Trip CompletedYes
Rachelle Smith

Rachelle SmithGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Happy customer!

My client made the decision the voluntarily change their booking before this was directly impacted by COVID-19. When contacting Inspiring Vacations, they provided me with flexible options that I could provide my client, who was ultimately happy with the outcome provided. I wouldn't hesitate to use their services again once travel returns to normal.

Booking TypeFlights and Tour

Partial refund only

In February 2020 we booked IV tour to Japan departing early September 2020, Covid 19 was well and truly in the news especially in Japan then. Inspiring Vacations requested next part payment be made mid March. We were offered a credit when the tour was cancelled ($1800.00 had been paid). However when we requested a refund and were offered $1448 (our Travel Agent Helloworld were fantastic) only. I requested a statement showing how the money had been spent, this was rejected!. I do not believe my request was reasonable as we paid IV in good faith. Please don't tell me to refer to your T&Cs

Refund for Japan Tour

Nik

NikCentral Queensland, QLD

Lost $2000 by booking with them.

Understandably the trip was cancelled due to pandemic. But we had paid $2600 in Nov 2019 to travel in October 2020. By March they claim they had paid the money to another company which is now in liquidation. They only offered $720 credit or refund.

Moving forward

Following our cancelled Grand Scandinavian holiday and the refusal of Inspiring to provide a cash refund, coupled with our travel insurers rejection of our claim, we had no alternative but to accept the offer of a travel credit and have now re-booked an Australian holiday using the same funds held by Inspiring. Scandinavia was to be our celebration at the end of a long working life but it was not to be because of global events. Inspiring Vacations have been extremely professional and supportive in assisting us to re-book with confidence and look forward to a great Australian adventure in 2021.

Inspiring VacationsInspiring Vacations

satisfying resolution to a dissapointing cancelation

following cancelation of our trip to South America we were granted credit towards a trip in the future. Once it became clear that travel would be impossible for a long time we requested a refund. This request was quickly granted although with some reduction. We are now able to use the refund to get on with life in these difficult times. We would be happy to book future trips with Inspiring Vacations when travel can be resumed.

Inspiring Vacations Quality Customer Service

Following the cancellation of our intended 11 day Stunning China trip, scheduled for October 2020, all I can say is, that if the trip had been of the quality of Inspiring Vacations pre-trip service and brilliant refund speed and ethic, we would have had a wonderful time. All that I can say is THANK YOU, from the bottom of my heart and wish IV all the best for the future.

Greg

GregSydney, NSW

Fabulous Pre-tour service

With our trip to Egypt later this year a casualty of COVID-19, we have been impressed by the service from Inspiring. We have been kept informed, options clearly laid out, real people available when needed and a responsive and up to date website. What else can you hope for at the moment? The details of our account, holidays on hold or booked, amounts paid, owing and in credit all readily available.

Not happy

Since our holiday to China was cancelled due to covid 19, we have contacted inspiring vacations several times only to be told you need to go through your travel agent or "under our terms and conditions" Travel Asia went into liquidation they owed IS 1.9 million dollars, I want to know why they kept dealing with them. This company does not answer questions, you just get the same old automated answers.

Freckle
Freckle

Why did you keep dealing with travel asia when they owed you so much money, poor management.

Inspiring VacationsInspiring Vacations

They did not owe us money. We paid them for services to be fulfilled. I believe you may be misunderstanding the circumstances so please liaise with your travel agent to ensure they are passing on all required information.

Cancellation of 24 day Japan Tour

After the tour was cancelled we were hoping for a refund, instead we received a credit. WE have now rebooked a 15 day WA holiday for next year as we do not want to travel outside Australia. The person who handled the booking was very professional.

Caddy

CaddyVictoria

Inspiring vacations has been great.

Our 1st tour was cancelled due to the corona virus so we were given a credit note plus an extra 10% off our next booking for which we have now booked and we have decided to stay in Australia and they have come up with new tours for the Northern territory which we will be going on later this year m

A great Company

We both thank you for your excellent and immediate service to us, its such a shame we are unable to have the holiday I was so excited about, but it wasn't meant to be due to Covid. However we thank you so much for listening to us , you are certainly a Company to recommend.

Stress Reduction

The friendly liaison and the response to my cancellation stress was rapid . I have received full credits with no detriments and have booked an overseas cruise to Egypt for 2021.

Booking TypeAccommodation, Cruise and Flights
Phil Brooks

Phil BrooksNew South Wales

Japan Grand Tour 2020-2021

We booked our Grand Japan 24 day tour in May 2019, as we couldn't find a better tour on the web, for May 2020. Well you know what happened. Covid. We have now easily rebooked for May 2021 using our Inspiration Vacation readily available credits. Here's hoping things get better for us travelers. Thanks to Sally for keeping us up to date and excellent service in this difficult time. ps Medibank Travel transferred our insurance too.

Booking TypeFlights and Tour

Dianneasked

I was supposed to go to Egypt in September, is this trip still going? I see your company has closed. Is this correct?

Dianne

Be nice to get an answer?

Inspiring VacationsInspiring Vacations

Hi Dianne, apologies for the delay. This is an unverified, consumer opinion site and therefore we do not monitor it as closely as our other passenger feedback platforms. To answer your question, it is only our physical office building that has closed down, due to enforced health and safety protocols. Our company is still viable and our staff is currently working from home. At this stage, we have postponed travel up until 30 June 2020 only, therefore any travel scheduled beyond this time will continue to proceed as normal until advised otherwise. We will continue to monitor the situation as it continues to unfold and will update our customers as necessary. If you have any further questions, please notify our team directly at support@inspiringvacations.com. Thank you!

Elisabeth Dennis C.

Elisabeth Dennis C.asked

When the review is negative I am aware some review sites allow the travel company to have the review removed from their sight leaving only positive reviews. My question is how legal is it when a review sight is not an independent review sight but purely use as a promotion sight for the travel company?

VISPY AND DINAZ
VISPY AND DINAZ

Hello Elizabeth - your question needs to be directed to Inspiring Vacations who shud be able to answer ur enquiry. I cannot answer your question as I myself am a customer of Inspiring Vacations & had put a review on their site.

Inspiring VacationsInspiring Vacations

Hi Elisabeth, to which review site are you referring to? ProductReview.com is an unverified, consumer opinion site, which means that anyone can leave a review, whether they are a verified customer of a company or not. They do not allow the removal of any review for any reason. When a customer of ours returns from a tour, we send them a link to our Trustpilot review profile, which only allows verified customer reviews (customers that have actually paid for a service and have received said service). We find that Trustpilot has very fair policies and guidelines and we have over 1,800 real customer reviews there. If you have any questions about our company or our customer feedback, please email us at support@inspiringvacations.com. Thank you!

Jagrutee P.asked

Has anyone been to Inspiring Vacation Japan tour recently? How is the corona virus situation there? We are going in 10 days. Although Australian government has suggested essential travel only, IV is going ahead with the tour.
JP, NSW

Teresa R.

My opinion of IV is that once they have your money they do not care about you or your experience. I will never travel with them again or recommend them.

Jagrutee P.

Thanks Teresa. Now they have postponed the tour. We will be careful next time.

Teresa R.

I am glad they have postponed. Although inconvenient it is best for your safety and hopefully you can see Japan on a better tour.

Get an answer from our members and Inspiring Vacations representatives